WWF - Pulling Away?

OOC: I have been wanting to start my own dynasty, but I was too chicken. So a month and a half in, I got the guts. Credit: Woodmeister's Mod. I sat back in my big leather chair, behind my desk in Titan Towers. It was a sunny but cold Thursday Morning. I looked to my left and I examined some plane tickets. Suddenly, Vince McMahon, my boss, walked through my door. "Jack. Im back from my holiday." "Welcome back Vince." "Cut the crap, Jack. I have cut myself off from the business so I need filling in. I want a roster list and your storylines." I nodded and gestured for Vince to sit down infront of me. I produced a roster report that looked like this. [b]MAIN EVENT [/b] ---------- The Rock (f) <- WWF Champion Triple H (h) <- Royal Rumble Winner Kurt Angle (h) Shawn Michaels (h) The Big Show (h) Scott Hall (h) The Undertaker (f) Chris Jericho (f) Steve Austin (f) Kane (h) [b]UPPER MIDCARD [/b] --------- Grandmaster Sexay (f) <- WWF Tag Team Champion Sean Morley (h) Rob Van Dam (f) Road Dogg (h) William Regal <- WWF European Champion Matt Hardy (f) Raven (h) Jeff Hardy (f) Rikishi (f) Edge (h) Lita (f) Eddie Guerrero (h) D-Von Dudley (h) Buh Buh Ray Dudley (h) Tommy Dreamer (f) Trish Stratus (h) <- WWF Women's Champion Vader (h) The Sandman (f) <- WWF Hardcore Champion Chris Benoit (h) <- WWF Intercontinental Champion Chavo Guerrero (f) X-Pac (h) Christian (h) The British Bulldog (h) Test (h) [b]MIDCARD [/b] -------- The Goodfather (h) Steven Richards (h) Crash Holly (f) Rhino (h) Chyna (h) Bull Buchanan (h) Shannon Moore (f) <- WWF Lightheavyweight Champion Hardcore Holly (f) Tazz (f) Scotty Too Hotty (f) <- WWF Tag Team Champion Bradshaw (f) Steve Corino (h) Ivory (h) Perry Saturn (h) Faarooq (f) Kid Kash (h) Albert (h) Jacqueline (f) Big Bossman (h) Mark Henry (f) Al Snow (f) D-Lo Brown (h) Dean Malenko (h) [b]LOWER MIDCARD [/b] -------------- Jazz (h) Essa Rios (f) Taka Mitcinoku (f) [b] OPENERS [/b] -------- Tori (h) Funaki (f) [b] MANAGERS [/b] ---------- Lita w/ The Hardy Boyz The APA w/ Jacqueline Debra w/ Steve Corino Trish w/ T&A Torrie Wilson w/ Chavo Tori w/ X-Pac Paul Bearer w/ Kane The Kat w/ Too Cool Stephanie McMahon Helmsley w/ Triple H Terri w/ Perry Saturn [b]ANNOUNCERS[/b] ------------ JR (Play By Play. RAW & PPV) Jerry Lawler (Colour. RAW, SmackDown! & PPV) Michael Cole (Play By Play. SmackDown! & HeAT) Kevin Kelly (Colour. HeAT) Jonathon Coachman (Colour. HeAT) [B]AUTHORITY FIGURES[/B] ------------------- Vince McMahon (h) Chairman Linda McMahon (f) CEO Mick Foley (f) Commissioner Shane McMahon (f) Stephanie McMahon Helmsley (h) [B]TAG TEAMS[/B] ----------- T&A: Test & Albert Kai En Tai: Funaki & Taka D-X: X-Pac & Road Dogg Edge & Christian Right To Censor: The Goodfather & Bull Buchanan The APA: Bradshaw & Faarooq The Hardy Boyz The Dudley Boyz Too Cool: Scotty Too Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay The Holly Cousins: Crash & Hardcore Holly The Radicalz: Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn [B]STABLES[/B] -------- DX: Triple H, Shawn Michaels, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Stephanie McMahon, Tori RECK: Rhino, E&C, Kurt Angle Right To Censor: Steven Richards, Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather, Sean Morley, Ivory The Radicalz: Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Eddie Guerrero, Chyna, Terri Too Cool: Grandmaster Sexay, Scotty Too Hotty & Rikishi "What a big roster!" exclaimed Vince after examining the list. "You'll need to let some go, you know." "Ive let a few go. But my main focus is people being late. Ive warned Jericho, Regal, Bulldog and a few others." "Tell me how that develops. But get your ass down-to the Cow Palace for SmackDown!, I'll meet ya there." he said leaving the room. I packed up a few bits and bobs and the plane tickets and headed for the airport.

[B]Storylines[/B] Best Of Seven For the IC Title: After Jericho beat Benoit in a non-title match, Benoit showed Y2J some respect and they decided to have a best of seven for the IC Title. Currently 3-2 Benoit. Current Heat: B+ Diva Wars: Lita & Trish argued who was hotter and they had a bikini contest. Lita won and Trish wasnt happy. The two then battled for the Women's Championship, which Lita dominated but Trish delibarately got counted out to retain. Foley then ordered a re-match for No Way Out. Current Heat: C+ Dreamer & Holly Unite: Edge & Christian beat Dreamer & Shannon Moore. After the match, they took out Moore which Tommy was angry about. E&C then beat The Holly Cousins and they injured Crash which Hardcore was furious about. Current Heat: C- Fatal Overconfidence: Regal is on a three match winning streak (making sure he attacks his challengers before the match.) Current Heat: B- Just Deserts?: Mark Henry and Chyna were dating with Henry impressing Chyna. He proposed and she accepted. At the Royal Rumble, Mick Foley interrupted the ceremony with CCTV footage of Chyna cheating with Eddie Guerrero! Chyna admitted it and went off with Eddie. The next night, Eddie & Chyna were going to get married, but Henry came through the crowd and hit Eddie over the head with a Steel Chair. Current Heat: B Layers: Austin challenged Triple H's DX Mate, (just after beating HHH at Royal Rumble) to a match, which HBK refused. HBK then set up a trap where, X-Pac, Road Dogg & Billy Gunn attacked him. Current Heat: A Small Arguement, Huge Fued: RVD spilt coffee on Scott Hall. They argued and Foley booked them in a match. RVD beat Scott Hall, but Hall & his buddy Vader attacked RVD in revenge. Current Heat: B+ Top Three Challengers: The Big Show, The Undertaker & Kurt Angle all demanded a title shot from Commissioner Foley. Foley said that they will all fight each other, to determine who gets the shot. Current Heat: A*

[B][COLOR="Blue"]WWF SmackDown![/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"](Week 2, February.) Live from the Cow Palace, LIVE on UPN. Att: 15,000[/COLOR][/B] I was very happy to find out we had sold-out. I stood backstage around a monitor, eagerly awaiting SmackDown! the first show since my boss was back. I was a nervous wreck. Wrestlers passed me smiling, well, some did. Regal gave me a horrible look. To make my nerves worse, Linda, Steph and Vince gathered around the monitor with me. As Paul (Triple H) walked passed, you could feel the tension between him and Steph, but I didn't say anything. "Good to go, Jack?" said Vince in his usual deep gruff voice. "Yeah, I'm ready Vince." And with that, the show started to the usual fireworks. I looked over to the arena entrance and saw Lillian Garcia walk through the curtain. I sighed, nervously. PRE-SHOW ---------- [B]1. Hardcore Holly def Kid Kash in 6:37 with a Falcon Arrow.[/B] [I]Kash put on a good performance as usual but Hardcore was off his game. Lillian had done a good job of pumping up the crowd before the show, but the match brought their mood down.[/I] "Lucky it was a dark match, Jack." said Stephanie walking away Rating: [B]C-[/B] [B]2. Torrie Wilson fired T-Shirts into the crowd.[/B] [I]As usual, Torrie got the crowd pumped up once again.[/I] Rating: [B]A*[/B] [B]3. Chavo Guerrero & Too Cool def The Radicalz (Saturn, Benoit & Malenko) in 6:10 when Chavo hit Saturn with a Brainbuster[/B] [I]The Kat, as usual did good work with Too Cool. This match excited the crowd and Benoit looked great out there.[/I] Rating: [B]B[/B] We then had a two minute break, as I sighed a sigh of relief. The crowd was pumped and Regal, again giving me a dirty look, headed towards the arena. LIVE SHOW ---------- 1. [I]The Ring was set up with British flags, and a large armchair. Regal walked down to ringside, talking about his undefeated streak in great depth.[/I] Rating: B- 2. [B]Steve Austin def X-Pac in 13:06 with a Stunner[/B] [I]Austin looked great out there. I was very pleased. It obviously lifted the crowd and they had great Chemistry. Michaels first layer had now gone.[/I] Rating:[B] A*[/B] 3. [B]A video was shown to promote the Shawn Michaels storyline.[/B] Rating: [B]A*[/B] 4. [B]Mark Henry was in the ring with Foley. Foley asked Henry if he had made a decision about who he wants as his partner. Henry said no-one and would prefer a handicap match. Foley declines and brings out Chris Jericho as his partner. Mark looked angry.[/B] [I]This segment suffered as it came as a let-down after the past segments. Mick performed well out there, in contrast to Henry.[/I] Rating: [B]B-[/B] 5. [B]We went backstage and RVD challenged Scott Hall & Vader to a match.[/B] Rating: [B]C+[/B] 6. [B]Tazz came down to the ring and challenged Regal to a match, after Regal dissed America earlier. There was no response, so Tazz went backstage.[/B] Rating: [B]C[/B] 7. [B]Mark Henry & Chris Jericho def Eddie Guerrero & Chyna in 11:47 when Henry hit Chyna with a Big Splash.[/B] [I]The crowd was really hot which helped Henry and with the competitors protecting Henry, he wasnt tired. Much.[/I] Rating: [B]B[/B] 8. [B]Rikishi was fed up with Triple H's attitude and he challenged him to a match.[/B] [I]Rikishi should work on his mic skills.[/I] Rating: [B]C[/B] 9. [B]Regal appeared backstage and accepted Tazz's challenges to a match.[/B] Rating: [B]B[/B] 10. [B]The Hardy Boyz def T&A in 10:22 when Jeff hit Albert with a Swantom Bomb.[/B] [I]Trish did good work at ringside. Lita & Trish did well to continue their fued even acting as managers.[/I] Rating: [B]C+[/B] 11. [I]Scott Hall appeared on the tron and accepted RVD's challenge.[/I] Rating: [B]B-[/B] 12. [B]The APA def Right To Censor in 6:37 when Faarooq hit The Goodfather with a dominator.[/b] [I] Jackie did good work with the APA at ringside. The announcing lifted the match but the crowd didnt get into it.[/I] Rating: [B]C[/B] 13. [B]Regal attacked Tazz backstage leaving him out.[/B] Rating: [B]C[/B] 14. [B]RVD revealed his partner. None other than the Sandman.[/B] Rating: [B]C+[/B] 15. [B]Scott Hall & Vader def The Sandman & RVD in 12:44 when Vader pinned the Sandman using the ropes for leverage[/B] [I]RVD looked great out there. [/I] Rating: [B]B[/B] 16. [B]Triple H attacked Rikishi backstage.[/B] [I]Rikishi performed poorly in the segment. Some work needed there, but Trips salvaged some value.[/I] Rating: [B]B[/B] 17. [B]William Regal def Tazz in 8:33 after a Regal Strech.[/B] [I]The match was helped by a Hot Crowd.[/I] Rating: [I]C+[/I] 18. [B]The Rock talked about the three top contenders.[/B] [I]His paraodies of them were a hit with the crowd as you could hear the laughter outside.[/I] Rating: [B]A*[/B] 19. [B]The Big Show def Kurt Angle in 13:38 after a chokeslam.[/B] [I]The crowd got into the match really well ignoring the fact there was not a face & a heel. Kurt did very good work, and Show put on one of his best matches in a while.[/I] Rating: [B]A[/B] After the show, Vince approached me. "I'm impressed Jack. Keep it up." "No Problem." I replied, happy with the result. [B]Final Rating: B+[/B]

I sat back in-front of my TV in the tour-bus watching a tape of Thunder! which was highlighted by DDP vs. Stenier. As it finished, I was quite angry. Lateness beckoned once again, Steve Corino (who had be warned already) just made it, Pat Patterson and The Bulldog, once again. I was about to call Vince when Perry Saturn approached me. "Umm.. Jack." "Yeah?" I replied trying to change my tone of voice into a more pleasant one. "I've got the contract you sent me, I've accepted it." "Great. As soon as I get back to Stamford, I'll give it to legal." "Thanks Jack." he said with a smile and he headed back to the seating area. My cellphone rang and I picked it up. It was Bob Holly, I could recognise that Alabama accent from anywhere. "Jack. Ive got some bad news." "Go on." "I injured my back last night. Now, the Doc said I can work through it but to take it easy." "Ok, I might have to delay your storyline a bit but thats ok." "Thanks Jack." And with that, he hung up. I looked over the viewing figures for SmackDown! which I was slightly dissappointed with. UPN recorded 1,887,912 viewers. My phone rang again, it was Matt Andrews, a network excutive from TNN. "Hello. Is this Jack Lorraine?" said Matt in his Tennessee accent. "Yes." I replied, exhausted. "This is Matt..." He continued "I know who ya are Matt. Whats the deal?" I said interrupting him. "Ok, The network is offering a 7 season extension on RAW is WAR. Can we confirm you want this?" he said. "Yeah, sure." I said, hanging up. Well that was a relief, to get that out of the way.

I arrived in Uniondale with a bunch of tapes. I had OVW TV, UPW TV and Hardcore TV bundled in my arms. I walked into the arena to find Vince but I was met with a bunch of workers, waiting for me. I recognized them, my new signings. Scotty Anton, New Jack & Guido Mariuto from WCW, and recent OVW reject Brock Lesnar. They all smiled at my anxiously, also examining the shear size of the arena. I approached them as their anxiety grew. "Welcome to the WWF, boys." I said. "Now, Brock. Your gunna be sent to OVW, and they can't release you this time." Brock nodded and walked off. "You boys are gunna have a Dark Match." They all smiled, pumped up. "But not tonight. Were fully booked. I'll see if I cant fit ya in tomorrow." Their moods dropped, it was obvious. "Get to know some of the others. Get a feel for the place. Heck, go and run the ropes if ya want, just stay out of my hair." I said, firmly. And with that, the three of them departed. Suddenly, as I put down my belongings, Stephanie approached me. "Jack. Bad news. "Go on." "KDOC have dropped UPW TV." "Ok, thanks for that Steph." Damn. I wanted to send a few guys there to get a feel for TV, but now I'll just have OVW. (HeAT to follow)

Archived