Pro Wrestling Deluxe - Just a Wrestling Company

[B]Pro Wrestling Deluxe - Just a Wrestling Company[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Showtime4Lajf/PWD.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] "I had never given it much thought, really. You know, entering the wrestling business". Gil Thomas got a look of concern on his face, as I said it. You could tell I was his last but only choice. "Come on, kid. You know you want to". I don't know whether he was trying to convince me or himself. "It's easy money. And you're a wrestling fan, right? Just give it a whirl; no strings attached. Come book the first couple of shows, 'n see how you like it. I promise you, you'll not regret it. Come on. For old times' sake". I had just turned down another job oppotunity that morning, but he didn't know that. "When do I start?" I asked and he smiled for the first time since ran into him a few weeks prior to this business meeting. We shook hands, I thanked him for the confidence in me, he mumbled something under his breath that was apparently a joke, as he smiled at me again, and I exited the office of the PWD CEO. As I rode my bike back to my crappy little appartment on the outskirts of Dallas, I dropped by a local gas station and picked up a few wrestling magazines. I had to scout new talent for my promotion, I tried to convince myself. I hadn't watched wrestling for years, because of the "real life" that had been going on. With college and parties and whatnot, it's hard to find time for men in spandex. I must've read through those magazine 3 times. I never realized how much I missed until right at the moment, I was standing there with a stack of the past couple of months' issues of The Wrestling Press. I felt like I was 11 years old again. And this would be my new job!? "It's a good thing wrestling is such a steady business, with easy money" I thought to myself, "this will be a piece of cake. I wonder why nobody else would want the job of running a no-name, upstart wrestling promotion...?". Boy was I ever in for a surprise. [I]Starting roster:[/I] [I]Main event:[/I] [COLOR="Red"]Bryan Holmes[/COLOR] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]James Brandon Human Arsenal Shawn Gonzales[/COLOR] [I]Upper midcard: [/I][COLOR="Red"]Billy Russell JD Morgan Joey Minnesota[/COLOR] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Jungle Jack[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Ninja Ota[/COLOR] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Swank J Swank P[/COLOR] [I]Midcard:[/I] [COLOR="Red"]Insane Heat[/COLOR] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Magnum Angelus Rick Sanders[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]The Magnificent Mark Brent Hill[/COLOR] [I]Lower midcard:[/I] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]American Elemental Barry Kingman[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Dermot O'Logical[/COLOR] [I]Opener:[/I] [COLOR="Red"]Ernie Turner Geoff Windameer[/COLOR] [I]Enhancement talent:[/I] [COLOR="Red"]Larry The Berzerker[/COLOR] [I]Managers:[/I] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Dawn The Cheerleader[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Vita Swede[/COLOR] [I]Announcers:[/I] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Rock Downpour[/COLOR] [I]Teams:[/I] Dreamers - Brent Hill & Barry Kingman Team SWANK - Swank P & Swank J (also known as the Fly Boys elsewhere) Opposites Attract - Larry The Berzerker & Ernie Turner O'logical & Windameer [I]Titles:[/I] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Showtime4Lajf/PWDHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG]PWD Heavyweight Championship (Vacant) [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Showtime4Lajf/PWDTagTeam.jpg[/IMG]PWD Tag Team Championship (Vacant) [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Showtime4Lajf/PWDA-Division.jpg[/IMG]PWD A-Division Championship (Vacant) [I]The inaugural event, where the tournaments to crown champions started, has already taken place. As a result there of, the matches already annouced (the four way finals of the singles titles' tournament and the tag match finals) for the second event to be held on new years eve, "New Fears' Eve", are as follows:[/I] [CENTER].:PWD World Heavyweight Title match:. Bryan Holmes vs. Human Arsenal vs.Shawn Gonzales vs. James Brandon .:PWD A-Division Title match:. Swank J vs. Swank P vs. Ninja Ota vs.Joey Minnesota .:PWD Tag Team Title match:. Dreamers vs. Opposites Attract[/CENTER] [I]OOC: This is my first diary ever, so please bear with me, if it takes a while to get into a groove. The first few shows are bound to be chaotic as I have purposely started the game without giving too many people gimmick, so I have to figure that out, the pushes are pretty random, so they may not fit too well. All kinds of things to do. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable read for you, if you choose to follow it, though.[/I]:)

It had been roughly a week, since I had my job interview with Gil Thomas. He was an old friend of the family, as he was a supplier for the shop my father ran, until he retired a year ago. It had occured to me that he never did say, when I could start working, so I just kind of figured, he'd let me know eventually. Meanwhile, I had done a couple of short interviews for internet wrestling radio shows, most prominently Texas Cloverleaf Daily, telling them to look out for this no-name upstart promotion I had been hired to book; PWD. [I]They[/I] had contacted [I]me[/I] and seemed to know a lot about the promotion, but I attributed that largely to the fact that they're huge wrestling nerds, so they probably know about every promotion on the planet. So basically I was by no means exhausting myself, and just enjoying my time as a true "insider" in the world of wrestling. My plan was to just go to the arena the day before the show, meet with people, and figure out what the workers not already booked in specific matches, would be doing on the show. Everything else, I figured, would be dealt with by other people. Then I got a wakeup call. Quite litterally. At 7PM on the first Friday morning of December Craig Prince, the head of wrestling operations and head road agent for Pro Wrestling Deluxe woke me up. He just called to tell me that he, along with Dylan Sydle and Curt O'Malley were none too pleased with the lack of involvement on my part, since being "appointed" booker. I didn't get a word in, as he ended our "conversation" by telling me that "by the way: We're all seeking our fortunes elsewhere, as we see no future in this company, no matter how much financial backing it has. Any of us could and should have been given the oppotunity to book that you have, and with that kind of lack of direction within the company, we choose to take our leave" And that was it. Now, nobody was running things behind the scenes anymore. Besides me that is. I was terrified. I walked up and down my kitchen floor all morning, stressing out about the whole situation. Not only did I not have a clue about the roster, nor anything else about the company, I was now in charge, all by myself. At 9 I went to the PWD offices in downtown Dallas. As I expected they were empty, the door was locked, and I hadn't been given a key yet. I didn't even have a number to contact my employer, Gil Thomas. So I sat on the steps of the office building for a good hour and a half before Mr. Thomas showed up. "Did you hear?" he blurted out. "Yeah". "What are we gonna do, son?! We can't run this on our own!". I took a little while to come up with my answer: "Well, get to work...?" Mr. Thomas looked at me, as though he was thinking "Well, look at the big brain on you" as he wrestled his keys out of his pocket. We walked inside and Mr. Thomas pointed at a desk in the back of the office. "That's your work station, kid". I sat down in the surprisingly comfy chair and looked through a rollerdex with a little over a dozen names and phone numbers in it. Mr. Thomas walked over to a door on the opposite side of the room, opened it and walked inside leaving the door open. "I guess our big Pay Per View debut is ruined, huh?" he said as he sat into the chair behind the big oak desk. "Pay Per View, sir?". "Yeah, now that our top guy is gone, we're kinda I trouble, don't you think? Damn Canadians, signing away Human Arsenal. Oh well. At least we didn't get a chance to put the belt on him before they got him, am I right?" Thomas laughed a phony laugh, sighed and turned around to look out the window and reflect as I was just trying to grasp, what the heck I had become involved with here and why it seemed to fall apart so quickly. I wasn't even sure I wanted to know about the financial backing. I was none too pleased about the prospect of having to wouch for other peoples' investment in a company that the road agents and bookers, who should know wrestling, don't think stand a chance. The road agents had left, the top star, Human Arsenal, had left, and what's more, I have no clue who said top star is. A bad start? Oh, yes indeed...

Archived