WWE 2006, After The Backlash

[B]RAW Monday, Week 1, May, 2006 @ The Nationwide Center[/B] 1 - Triple H interview to start the show off. The King of Kings says that neither Edge or Cena is here tonight, because of what he did to them at Backlash. The Main Event will be Triple H & Shelton Benjamin V RVD & Carlito. Carlito comes out and him and HHH start to taunt each other. 2 - John Cena appears on the titantron. Cena taunts both men, and says that whoever is the next challenger to his WWE Title, he'll beat them. The Game challenges him to a fight next week, but Carlito gets in the Game's face. Cena tells them to get a room, and that's the end of it all. 3 - [B]WWE Women's Championship[/B]: [I][B]Mickie James (c) V ???[/B][/I] - Mickie has a mystery opponent, having injured Trish last night. The opponent turns out to be Ashley, making her return after injury. Neither woman really controls the match, but Ashley shows off some new moves and an improvement. The finish sees Mickie pokes Ashley in the eye, then the Mick Kick and the Implant DDT finish Ashley off. [I]Winner: Mickie James in 6 Minutes, 25 Seconds[/I] 4 - Mickie celebrates her victory, but begins to kick things in and around the ring. She throws the title belt away from her in anger, then rushes over to it looking sad. Styles & Lawler both agree she's completely lost it. 5 - Styles & Lawler say that Matt Striker has issued an open challenge, having been humiliated by Eugene at Backlash. Val Venis is in the ring, having recovered from surgery quickly. Armando Alejandro Estrada introduces Umaga. 6 - [I][B]Umaga w/ Armando Alejandro Estrada V Val Venis[/B][/I] - Big squash for Umaga, who dominates Val from start to finish. Estrada distracts the referee while Umaga chokes out Val. The Samoan Spike ends this one. [I]Winner: Umaga in 4 Minutes, 51 Seconds[/I] 7 - Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon are backstage. Vince says that he has Michaels has a match next against Kenny of the Spirit Squad. HBK says that the other members of the Squad are bound to interfere, so McMahon decides to make it a Cage Match, despite HBK still being hurt from Backlash. 8 - [B]Cage Match[/B]: [I][B]Kenny w/ Spirit Squad V Shawn Michaels[/B][/I] - As the Squad make their entrance, Michaels jumps them and hits everyone apart from Kenny with a chair. Inside the cage, Kenny gets busted open early, but shows off a lot of skills and is in control for portions of the match. Michaels has the Sweet Chin Music blocked, which is followed by the Feignt Legdrop from the top of the cage. With the highspot of the match out of the way, Michaels recovers and ends up winning with the Sweet Chin Music. [I]Winner: Shawn Michaels in 17 Minutes, 48 Seconds[/I] 9 - As the cage is raised, Michaels fights off the Spirit Squad who try to jump him. Kenny gets to his feet, and offers to shake Shawn's hand. Michaels reluctantly accepts, and Kenny falls to the floor exhausted afterwards. 10 - A hype video for Johnny Parisi. Parisi talked about his street smarts and how he's the best wrestler on RAW. He says he'll be on RAW next week. 11 - [B]Open Challenge: [I]Matt Striker V ???[/I][/B] - Our returning star this time is Test. Big pop for Test, who controls the match and uses all his signature moves. Striker keeps some credibility by fighting back, but the Big Boot and Pumphandle Slam put him away after some posing from Test. [I]Winner: Test in 6 Minutes, 56 Seconds[/I] 12 - Time to recap. Kane and Big Show's feud is shown, with May 19th being mentioned throughout. 13 - [B][I]Kane V Viscera[/I][/B] - Kane predictably dominates the match to begin with, but his mask pops up on the titantron and starts to scream "May 19th". Viscera squashes Kane in the corner, lands a few more moves then goes for the VD. Kane escapes and after a short struggle, delivers the Chokeslam to win. [I]Winner: Kane in 7 Minutes, 39 Seconds[/I] 14 - Big Show comes out. Fight ensues between him and Kane, with no winner as they are eventually seperated. 15 - Vince's office, and Vince has three announcement. First announcement is that next week it will be Cena V Whoever gets the pin in the main event. In two weeks we'll find out who's the new General Manager, and also who is the first pick of the 2006 Draft Lottery! 16 - [B][I]Charlie Haas V Chris Masters[/I][/B] - Masters and Haas have a good match, then Masters takes control. Masters works over Haas' back, and as soon as Charlie fights back, Masters pokes him in the eye. Masters tries to put Haas in the Masterlock, Haas escapes and puts Masters in the Haas of Pain to win. [I]Winner: Charlie Haas in 7 Minutes, 15 Seconds[/I] 17 - Rob Van Dam is with Todd Grisham. Grish asks RVD does he think he'll win tonight, RVD says that since he's Mr. Money In The Bank, he's already got a title shot...but two would be nice. RVD leaves for the ring. 18 - [B]The Main Event: [I]Carlito & Rob Van Dam V Shelton Benjamin & Triple H[/I][/B] - RVD and Triple H dominate the match compared to their tag partners, but Carlito suddenly bursts in and takes out Shelton & Trips. Carlito nearly wins with the Back Cracker on Triple H, but Shelton delivers the T-Bone to the outside. RVD misses a Five Star on HHH, Trips hits the Pedigree and Shelton gives HHH the T-Bone. Shelton covers RVD to win the match and the title shot, screwing The Game. [I]Winners: Shelton Benjamin & Triple H in 12 Minutes, 38 Seconds[/I]

[B]WWE News & Notes:[/B] - WWE is very, very excited with Ken Doane at the moment. It is expected that they are going to seperate him from the Spirit Squad, with talks of this happening as soon as next week's Raw. The seeds of this may have been planted last night on Raw, with Doane shaking hands with Shawn Michaels after their cage match (which was also highly rated by WWE officials). - Other people in line for pushes on the RAW side of things are Umaga, Test & Johnny Parisi. It's believed that Umaga and Test will fued over the Intercontinental Title, with one of the pair gaining the title sooner than later (as Rob Van Dam & Shelton Benjamin are being moved into Main Event roles). - Results from Sunday Night Heat that were taped last night are as follows: [B]Ric Flair defeated Lance Cade Goldust defeated Rob Conway Big Show defeated Trevor Murdoch World Tag Title Match: Spirit Squad (Johnny & Mikey) def. The OddSquad (Eugene & Gene Snitsky)[/B] - There were several comedy skits between Eugene, Snitsky and Goldust throughout the tapings.

• 2 weeks later...
[B]Smackdown Friday, Week 1, May 2006 @ Fleet Center[/B] 1 - JBL is out to start the show. He talks about being the United States champ, as well as being the Number One Contender to the World Heavyweight Title. JBL keeps listing people he's defeated in the past, and how there are no challengers for the US Title left, which leads to... 2 - [B]WWE United States Title: [I]JBL (c) V Paul Burchill[/I][/B] - Burchill gets a huge pop, with Teddy Long popping up to make this a title match. JBL controls most of the match, but the Pirate starts to fight back. JBL cheats to get back in to the match, and goes for the Clothesline From Hell. Burchill suddenly counters it right into a Walk The Plank, covers JBL and wins the US Title. [I]Winner: Paul Burchill, [B]New WWE United States Champion[/B], in 6 Minutes, 58 Seconds[/I] 3 - Burchill is handed the title, then suddenly jumped from behind by Mr. Ken Kennedy! Kennedy returns and demolishes Burchill, finishing him off with the JFK. 4 - Kurt Angle is in Teddy Long's office. Angle demands he is given the Number One Contendership. Long agrees to make a JBL/Angle Main Event tonight, but only if Kurt gives up his King of the Ring spot. Teddy tells Kurt to "think about dat, playa". 5 - [B]King of the Ring, 1st Round Match: [I]Chris Benoit V Finlay[/I][/B] - Benoit and Finlay trade blows...then Booker T runs out to attack Benoit. Gunner Scott appears to help Benoit, and the referee calls a no contest. [I]Winner: No Contest in 1 Minute, 41 Seconds[/I] 6 - Teddy Long makes his 3rd appearance, telling Booker to leave or he's out of the tournament. He then makes the match Benoit V Finlay V Gunner, to happen after our commercial break... 7 - [B]King of the Ring, 1st Round Match: [I]Chris Benoit V Finlay V Gunner Scott[/I][/B] - Benoit and Gunner first team together to take Finlay out for a while, before they start to wrestle each other (after a handshake). Both men land two German Suplexes, but break before the third. Benoit gets Gunner in the Crossface, but Finlay breaks it up. After a few more exchanges, Finlay gives Benoit the Celtic Cross, then throws him from the ring to distract the referee. This allows a shillelagh blow to Gunner's head, followed by a pin and Finlay advances. [I]Winner: Finlay in 12 Minutes, 34 Seconds[/I] 8 - We get the recap of London & Kendrick's winning streak against MNM, with a note they will face each other for the WWE Tag Titles later tonight. 9 - [B]WWE Cruiserweight Title: [I] Gregory Helms (c) V Psicosis[/I][/B] - A pretty simple cruiserweight match that is designed to remind the fans Helms is still alive. Helms shows off some nice top rope moves, while Psicosis very nearly wins with a springboard head scissors. Helms low blows Psicosis though, runs in to the ropes and nearly takes Psi's head off with the Shining Wizard. Helms then adds insult to injury with a Nightmare on Helms Street before pinning Psicosis. [I]Winner: Gregory Helms in 9 Minutes, 43 Seconds[/I] 10 - Video plays showing Batista demolishing people on Smackdown, then footage of him giving the title up and subsequent rehab. At the end, Batista himself shows up and tells everyone that he will be at Judgement Day, in some way. 11 - Josh Matthews interviews Kurt Angle, with Kurt questioning Josh as to why he's wearing a vest and jeans. Josh ignores that, asking Kurt what his response to Teddy Long is. Kurt says he accepts the terms - then gets jumped by Mark Henry, who shouts "I should be champ" before we cut to the ring. 12 - [B][I]Sylvain V ???[/I][/B] - Sylvain comes out to the ring, waits a while before his opponent comes out - and it's Josh Matthews? Taz and Cole are surprised at ringside, as Josh proceeds to wrestle Sylvain. Sylvain hardly gets any offence in, with Josh astonishingly picking up an easy victory after a Falcon Arrow, then a Frog Splash. [I]Winner: Josh Matthews in 5 Minutes, 15 Seconds[/I] 13 - Matthews goes mad celebrating with the crowd, who respond well to the announcer's sudden career path change. 14 - [B][I]WWE Tag Team Titles: MNM (c) V London & Kendrick[/I][/B] - MNM jumps London & Kendrick before the bell, eventually getting in to the ring. London and Mercury start off, with MNM keeping London in their corner as Melina screams on at ringside. London breaks free with a Double Dropsault, before tagging in Kendrick. With Nitro now the legal man, Kendrick comes close to a three count after a standing moonsault, but Mercury breaks things up. This causes things to really fall apart, with all four men in the ring. London moonsaults on to Mercury on the outside, while Nitro dodges it. Tatanka suddenly jumps the crowd barrier, grabs Kendrick and gives him a huge Samoan Drop. Nitro slides in the ring, hits a Tornado DDT and covers Kendrick to retain the titles. [I]Winners: MNM in 12 Minutes, 46 Seconds[/I] 15 - Melina gets on the microphone as Nitro & Mercury celebrate. Tatanka stands by Melina, who says she is now Tatanka's manager, and they plan on taking the United States title. 16 - [B][I]The Great Khali V Super Crazy[/I][/B] - Crazy dropkicks Khali, who no-sells. Khali then beats the crap out of Crazy in a very short time, ending with a Release Choke Bomb. [I]Winner: The Great Khali in 1 Minute, 52 Seconds[/I] 17 - Khali stands tall as Daivari applauds...lights go out...lights go on, and Undertaker is behind Khali. Taker goes old school and destroys Khali in no time at all, showing once and for all that Khali can be defeated. Fans go wild as the lights dim and Taker poses. 18 - [B][I]Number One Contendership: Kurt Angle V JBL[/I][/B] - JBL targets Kurt's ribs that Henry attacked earlier, but Angle suddenly turns the entire match round and lands the Angle Slam. Kurt locks in the Ankle Lock, when Mark Henry attacks Kurt and JBL. He shows Chimel a piece of paper, and Chimel announces the match has restarted as Angle/JBL/Henry. [I]Winner: Match Restart in 4 Minutes, 48 Seconds[/I] 19 - [B][I]Number One Contendership: Kurt Angle V JBL V Mark Henry[/I][/B] - Henry gives Angle the World's Strongest Slam. JBL gives Henry the Clothesline From Hell, goes for a pin but gets put in the Ankle Lock. That is broken, with the end coming with Angle German Suplexing Henry, who has a hold of JBL. The referee counts a three...but then raises both Angle and Henry's hand, as both had a pin... [I]Winners: Kurt Angle & Mark Henry in 5 Minutes, 37 Seconds[/I] (I plan on doing a "director's commentary" for my next update, explaining the going ons for Raw and Smackdown. That may take a while because of my exams coming up in a week)

[B]Smackdown Presents: [U]Judgment Day[/U] Sunday, Week 3, May 2006[/B] [B][U]WWE Title Match:[/U][/B] [I]Rey Mysterio (c) V Kurt Angle V Mark Henry The Undertaker V The Great Khali w/ Daivari [/I] [B][U]King of the Ring Final:[/U][/B] [I]Booker T w/ Sharmell V Winner of Bobby Lashley/Finlay[/I] [B][COLOR="Navy"]COMMENTARY:[/COLOR][/B] Raw was better planned then Smackdown, I admit that. I had ideas for Raw, whereas I booked Smackdown to create storylines. Kennedy's return was not planned; neither really was Josh Matthews making his "debut". Kenny/Michaels was always going to happen, but I made the change to cage so I could have the high spot with Kenny. On a seperate note, five people have been fired: [B]Boogeyman, Hardcore Holly, The Bashams and Rene Dupree[/B]. All of them weren't doing anything and were already written off TV, so it was bye bye. I'm bringing a few people in to make up for that though... ECW - yes, it will happen. In this state, they will take over Velocity's timeslot, so from now on until I announce ECW's TV return in game, imagine Velocity is just showing "Best of ECW" highlights...

Archived