New ECW?

So how do you think the new ECW should work in TEW? [LIST] [*]As a child company to WWE since Vince owns them [*]As a stand alone company [*]As a company with a working agreement of sorts to the wwe [*]Brand split although I think you can only have 2 [/LIST] I think a child company of the WWE. but it remains to be seen how they will run it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Michael Wayne]OVW is done once ECW starts up and DSW is closing. So since ECW is not really a "brand" it should be IMO set to a child promotion.[/QUOTE] really? I haven't heard that. I thought they where talking about doing a farm system type deal. DSW- A OVW- AA ECW- AAA WWE- Pros Like baseball. If they are getting rid of OVW, then all those guys in the two feds signed will be going to ecw and wwe, which means CM Punk HAS to go to ECW!!!

[QUOTE=bobinc]So how do you think the new ECW should work in TEW? [LIST] [*]As a child company to WWE since Vince owns them [*]As a stand alone company [*]As a company with a working agreement of sorts to the wwe [*]Brand split although I think you can only have 2 [/LIST] I think a child company of the WWE. but it remains to be seen how they will run it.[/QUOTE] I would create it as a child company to the WWE. With someone like Steve Keirn or Dean Malenko as owner and Paul Heyman as booker. It is basically run as a third brand, but I think the child thing works best since WWE will likley take stars from ECW at times. OVW isnt closing at all, I know a handfull of workers there who have told me the "reports" on the internet about that were very pre-mature. (SUPER-early reports said ECW was just going to be OVW + RVD and some former WWE stars). At this point, if anything, DSW is going to close but there are no plans right now to do that either and I know a couple people down there too.

Well, personally I split Raw, Smackdown, and ECW into three seperate promotions. It is how the WWE "wants" them to be seen as, just all under the WWE Banner. Start them all with a Working Agreement and see how it goes from there. Also, I put OVW w/ Raw and DSW w/ Smackdown. ECW I gave a fair mix of young guys, with the already confirmed roster and a few guys I wanted to add. I figure I'll develop my talent in ECW. ;)

[QUOTE=RikRaines]Well, personally I split Raw, Smackdown, and ECW into three seperate promotions. It is how the WWE "wants" them to be seen as, just all under the WWE Banner. Start them all with a Working Agreement and see how it goes from there. Also, I put OVW w/ Raw and DSW w/ Smackdown. ECW I gave a fair mix of young guys, with the already confirmed roster and a few guys I wanted to add. I figure I'll develop my talent in ECW. ;)[/QUOTE] this is probably going to be the funnest way to do it. When you do this Raw and Smackdown to fire half the roster, and they actually start going after talent. Just gotta make sure the TNA guys are signed to written's or the WWE brands steal their whole main event roster from them.

I honestly think ECW might start to outperform Smackdown in the ratings, especially now that Smackdown is losing all its top-level talent! Seriously other than Rey and the injured Batista, who is there?

well at least Kennedy is back next week. The sad thing is Smackdown has been putting on a good show latley, now that Lagana has been allowed to step up. Oh well. They are doing alot of cool stuff with new fresh talent. I still think there would of been some promise in having Nitro/Melina bumped up the card since Mercury had to go to rehab.

I think they are going to be taping ECW shows before or after they tape smackdown so they will be at the same locations. At least I hope so since I am going to the show at the Target Center July 11th. :D

ECW as a brand is obviously the ideal way to do it. Since that's not possible though I'd prefer to merge RAW and SmackDown! into one brand and make ECW the second brand. Obviously keep both the RAW and SmackDown! TV shows, but they're going to look pretty similar when ECW is around and SD gets its injured guys back so it'd just be best to keep them on the same brand. Third priority would be to make ECW a child promotion. Fourth priority a working relationship, but that's totally unnecessary since the child promotion pact would suit it better.

[QUOTE=njgio]ECW as a brand is obviously the ideal way to do it. Since that's not possible though I'd prefer to merge RAW and SmackDown! into one brand and make ECW the second brand. Obviously keep both the RAW and SmackDown! TV shows, but they're going to look pretty similar when ECW is around and SD gets its injured guys back so it'd just be best to keep them on the same brand. Third priority would be to make ECW a child promotion. Fourth priority a working relationship, but that's totally unnecessary since the child promotion pact would suit it better.[/QUOTE] The only thing with that is ECW is SUPPOSED to be a completly different style then the rest of the WWE product. Which you can't do with brands.

I say that you should make ECW a seperate company with a lot of money (to simulate the WWE backing) and put them on a working agreement with the WWE. If you keep ECW under the WWE banner as a seperate brand, you cannot change the type of promotion that it is. If you put it as a child promotion, you cannot play as the child promotion and you will become your own promotion anyway. Just make ECW a seperate promotion with the owner as Paul Heyman and head booker Tommy Dreamer (this is suppose to be the way it is going t be run anyhow) and give them both strong friendships with Vince. I really think this is the best way to go.

There really is no "best way" to do it. All that matters is how you want to play the game. From a mod makers point of view the best thing would be to add ECW to the promotion list and then set it as either a child company or give it a working agreement with the WWE. That way the user only has to change the relationship or delete ECW if they want it to be a brand. Personally I'm still torn between working agreement and child promotion. On one hand I would be able to control ECW as well as WWE (as two players) on the other I can shuffle talent between the two easily. While making them a second brand would solve both of the above problems ECW would lose it's identity in the game and would be lumped in with WWE's popularity/style.

[QUOTE=Rams]There really is no "best way" to do it. All that matters is how you want to play the game.[/QUOTE] The "best way" to do it would be the most realistic way, since this is a real life mod we're talking about. [QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli]The only thing with that is ECW is SUPPOSED to be a completly different style then the rest of the WWE product. Which you can't do with brands.[/QUOTE] Yeah, that's unfortunate, but hardcore isn't THAT different to sports entertainment. Also, I think you'll find that the new ECW will be slightly less risky and slightly more devoted to angles naturally, due to them having a higher budget. Edit- Also, to add to this, ECW will be AROUND the same popularity as WWE. It'll be higher budget, promoted on RAW/SD! and also it has been hyped so much throughout the post years of its demise.

[QUOTE=njgio]The "best way" to do it would be the most realistic way, since this is a real life mod we're talking about. Yeah, that's unfortunate, but hardcore isn't THAT different to sports entertainment. Also, I think you'll find that the new ECW will be slightly less risky and slightly more devoted to angles naturally, due to them having a higher budget. Edit- Also, to add to this, ECW will be AROUND the same popularity as WWE. It'll be higher budget, promoted on RAW/SD! and also it has been hyped so much throughout the post years of its demise.[/QUOTE] I think the NEW ECW is more likely to be cutting edge the hardcore or SE. More of a focus on WRESTLING, hence, Kurt Angle.

I agree, it will be more cutting edge than hardcore and sports entertainment, however since the difference between both Cutting Edge and Hardcore to Sports Entertainment is fairly small, I still think three brands is the best option. A solution to the problem in the first place would be being able to have Brand style and Brand popularity.

Well I have done this so far.... Made three brands 1. Raw (Promotion Brand 1) 2. Smackdown (Promotion Brand 2) 3. ECW (None) then I typed-out on "Microsoft Word" the whole "ECW Roster" so when I book Shows with the "none" brand, i dont get confused with all the other WWE guys jumbled together. I made up a tv show called "ECW Reloaded" on Sci-fi taped on Tuesday (The Ratings are slacking but its fun trying to make it work out)

Archived