TCP's Big Announcement Part 5: THE BETA V2.0

[QUOTE=Anubis]I think that's a very ignorant way to say it, honestly, [B]as that makes it sound as if the steroids are good for the body.[/B][/QUOTE] I actually think that would be the ignorant statement. There are positives and negatives to almost every issue. Rarely is something all bad or all good. For instance, Steroids (more precisely corticosteroids) help boost ones immune syste. They increase blood volume and help prevent swelling and inflamation. These steroids are extremely helpful in the treatment of asthma. Now Anabolic Steroids (which is what abusers would be using) can also be very useful. They supress the release of cortisol, which causes the breakdown of protein. The break down of proteins by cortisol reduces muscle. So, anabolic steroids have the effect of suppressing the break down of muscle. This aids in decreasing recovery time from injury (which was probably Todds point). That's a good thing. Anabolic steroids are used in the treatment of gender dysmorphia, and in some instances used to treat cancer and AIDS. Again, more good things. The problem is Anabolic steroids have many side effects that aren't good for the body; acne, increased blood presure and cholesterol, etc (I'm sure we're all aware of the side effects). These negatives outweigh the positives of using steroids in everyday use. Moderation and intent are the key. Thus, in no way is it a correct or informed statement to say that steroids are completely bad for the body. Anyway, sorry for the long post, and I honestly am not trying to pick a fight. I just hate how on message boards people are quick to call each other names or call others ignorant (a very useful word, with a very negative conotation). As for the point about WWE reacting slowly to the steroid problem in their company. In my opinion, you are absolutely right. It's sad but ultimately unsurprising; since when has big business cared about their employees?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Consequently, Anubis, do you post under the same name on Gamefaqs by any chance. If so, you are the reason I play this game. You were ripping into Smackdown vs. Raw's GM mode (which I hate) and comparing it to the far superior TEW. Thus, I would like to say: [B]Thank You[/B], for pointing me in this direction. And finally, to get back on topic: Can't wait to play this TCP!

I figured all the guys breaking down had more to due with them haveing to cut back on pain killers more then roids. If your hopped up on pain killers you can work thur a painful injury that you normaly wouldn't be able to. Either way it appears the wrestlers and the WWE are actually takeing the wellness program seriously which is good in the long run.

[QUOTE=Imarevenant]I actually think that would be the ignorant statement. There are positives and negatives to almost every issue. Rarely is something all bad or all good. Now Anabolic Steroids (which is what abusers would be using)[/QUOTE] I was under the impression that this discussion was specifically about the anabolic steroids used in bodybuilding . . . In which case, they are bad for you, even in moderation. I know some steroids have good uses; steroids are frequently given to people with muscle injuries and atrophy to aid in healing, and that's a good thing. Anabolic steroids used for bodybuilding, however, are unhealthy. Sure, they're not quite as bad as, say, cigarettes, but the heart problems and such make them far too risky for even moderated use in that specific capacity, which was the point I was trying to make. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that steroids are used for anything else in the wrestling industry (although I do believe Triple H was on legit steroids to help heal his quad tear). Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I understand the good and the bad of steroids as a whole, I was just speaking specifically on the issue of anabolic steroids used in bodybuilding. [QUOTE=Imarevenant]Consequently, Anubis, do you post under the same name on Gamefaqs by any chance. If so, you are the reason I play this game. You were ripping into Smackdown vs. Raw's GM mode (which I hate) and comparing it to the far superior TEW. Thus, I would like to say: [B]Thank You[/B], for pointing me in this direction.[/QUOTE] Yep, that's me, and you're welcome. :) Consequently, I am Anubis across many forums about many different things. If, however, there is an Anubis, and a "TrueAnubis", then I'm usually "TrueAnubis" in those cases, as sometimes I find my normal name already taken. :mad: Anyway, yeah, I am Anubis on GameFAQs, and that was definitely me railing on GM Mode, hahaha. :D

I been doing so playing around with TNA if you can adjust to National Level, you not likely to lose the TV deal as when a cult fed just because you can draw more where spike wants it in the game, I not saying that National is corect since that debate been going on forever and a day, but it would make it a little nice for player's to play a real world update without having Spike drop there show after every 3 to 4 shows :) And there drawing a little more each week, so it a cross between national and cult right now

[QUOTE=Anubis]I was under the impression that this discussion was specifically about the anabolic steroids used in bodybuilding . . . In which case, they are bad for you, even in moderation. I know some steroids have good uses; steroids are frequently given to people with muscle injuries and atrophy to aid in healing, and that's a good thing. Anabolic steroids used for bodybuilding, however, are unhealthy. Sure, they're not quite as bad as, say, cigarettes, but the heart problems and such make them far too risky for even moderated use in that specific capacity, which was the point I was trying to make. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that steroids are used for anything else in the wrestling industry (although I do believe Triple H was on legit steroids to help heal his quad tear). Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I understand the good and the bad of steroids as a whole, I was just speaking specifically on the issue of anabolic steroids used in bodybuilding. Yep, that's me, and you're welcome. :) Consequently, I am Anubis across many forums about many different things. If, however, there is an Anubis, and a "TrueAnubis", then I'm usually "TrueAnubis" in those cases, as sometimes I find my normal name already taken. :mad: Anyway, yeah, I am Anubis on GameFAQs, and that was definitely me railing on GM Mode, hahaha. :D[/QUOTE] It's very nieve to think that most of them weren't juicing up before Eddie's death. Look at how many guys have taken breaks or have nagging injuries that they need time off now. I mean since all this went down just look at all the guys that have disappeared.

[QUOTE=toddthebod]It's very nieve to think that most of them weren't juicing up before Eddie's death. Look at how many guys have taken breaks or have nagging injuries that they need time off now. I mean since all this went down just look at all the guys that have disappeared.[/QUOTE] Isn't that exactly what I said? Don't confuse steroids with safer and more legal supplments, however, or with that human growth hormone stuff. They're all different. I seriously doubt all but two or three were actually on steroids, although I'm certain that all but two or three are on [i]some[/i] kind of performance enhancer. Still, the steroids are the problem. I think I could point out with relative certainty plenty of guys who aren't on actual steroids in WWE (not including other performance enhancers, mind you) . . . More often than not, you can tell by the build. Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam, Kane, Gregory Helms, Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Finlay, Simon Dean, William Regal . . . Those are just ones I'm fairly certain about, and there are probably others who are innocent of steroid use. Just remember, steroid use is what's dangerous; there are plenty of other safe and/or legal performance enhancers out there.

[QUOTE=Grimmas]After watching the the promo for Joe/Steiner [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hclT8KyFBxQ[/url] and TNA for the last long while, I believe Joe and Steiner's mic skills and charisma should be pimped up a lot.[/QUOTE] I agree man. Plus seeing Joe at ROH, he speaks a whole lot more and he is really good on the mic live as well. Dont know about Steiner because the video was taped, but I know Joe is good, a bit better than the stats have him at.

OK for those who would like to help me with the data, this is what I need: I need some to go through lukiep8's Moero Toukon data and write a list of relationships (What type and between who?) A list of tag teams (Who, Experience, Name) I really need this done, so could someone please help?

Archived