picture request

Just signed him in one of my games, so for variety's sake, here are the 2 that I made: [IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/Crychon/WWE/PaulBurchill1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/Crychon/WWE/PaulBurchill2.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=toddthebod]I read a thing saying that he was giving up the Pirate gimmick, which is sad because I don't see him getting over as any other character.[/QUOTE] Man that's a blow to a guys wrestling ability.... I think he's good enough to get over without being a sideshow. Maybe he's going to get a little more Extreme... ;)

He can wrestle but lets be honest here..nothing is cooler then being a pirate..Yeah, if he goes to ECW, he will probably have to be part of that Vampire Group that they have to create in order to keep the "Hardcore" Sci-Fi people from turning off their tv's and going out and have a social life.

I think Burchill's doing a fine job with the pirate gimmick, and they should give him more of a chance, and realize that it could be the fact that they're jobbing him out in 5 minute matches that's causing lukewarm reactions, not the pirate gimmick.

He's losing the pirate gimmick because it received a bad reception at a house show. Also, because it sucks. He should do fine with a machine-type gimmick that he started out with. Babyface version though would be better.

[QUOTE=njgio]He's losing the pirate gimmick because it received a bad reception at a house show. Also, because it sucks. He should do fine with a machine-type gimmick that he started out with. Babyface version though would be better.[/QUOTE] Khali gets a bad reception everytime he comes out and don't forget The Boogeyman incident that happened a house show in which everyone laughed at him and eventually the sprinkler system came on. And of course Burchill is hurt and has no luck getting over without a gimmick. THANKS SMACKDOWN WRITERS!!

[QUOTE=njgio]He's losing the pirate gimmick because it received a bad reception at a house show. Also, because it sucks. He should do fine with a machine-type gimmick that he started out with. Babyface version though would be better.[/QUOTE] Thats "internet fan" talk. more people will care about Pirate Burchill they "hey, I'm a pretty good wrestler" burchill.

Being Pirate Burchill lets him use his good charisma in my view. Did he use it during his early WWE days at all? I don't think so. Pirate version plays to his strengths. But always trust WWE to bring up a new talent then put him back down. Also, why would he drop his whole gimmick because of one little house show?

[QUOTE=MrCanada]Thats "internet fan" talk. more people will care about Pirate Burchill they "hey, I'm a pretty good wrestler" burchill.[/QUOTE] Using that logic we might as well give everyone a crazy gimmick. I think we should turn Lashley into an ice-cream man and don't you think Benoit would have been more successful as a giant fish monster character? :rolleyes: Like I said, I think he can do well using a legitimate, babyface character. Lashley is working, Benoit worked, Bret Hart worked. Do I even have to go on? He'll gain fans instantly if he gained a victory over a strong upper carder such as Finlay. The reason WWE chooses to drop a character because of a significant bad reaction is to avoid any future repeats of it. If it happens on TV it could possibly even ruin Burchill's career. They've done this numerous times with other tryout characters on house shows. [quote] Khali gets a bad reception everytime he comes out and don't forget The Boogeyman incident that happened a house show in which everyone laughed at him and eventually the sprinkler system came on. [/quote] I don't really get what point you're trying to make..

Archived