Product vs Product

I'm trying to get my head around the new Product pre-sets on 2020. I'm torn between two different products, and I'd like your help choosing which is best for what I want to do. I'm sure you wise people of the forum can help me?

If I were to choose Fast And Furious, how should I go about booking to get the most of out this pre-set? What do I do to squeeze out every possible point.

The alternative product is Wrestling Nerd Nirvana. As with the product above, what booking decisions on my part would get the most out of this product?

I'm after something reasonably family-friendly yet containing hard-hitting, fast-paced action. My roster consists mainly of high flyers and technicians. I do have 2 good brawlers though too. Whatever product I go for needs to be performance > popularity, as my highest overness is about 30 lol

I look forward to seeing what info you can give. How have your experiences been with these two products? What do you find works with these, and what doesn't?

Wrestling Nerd Nirvana is more of a sports entertainment style doesn't rate in-ring performance high enough for what you're looking for IMO. The only problem with Fast and Furious is you won't be able to do comedy matches without a penalty (comedic wrestling is where my brain goes when I think family friendly) so unless you don't care to do comedy matches, I would take a third option and go with Guerrilla Warfare. Aside from a slightly higher expected angle percentage and allowing comedy matches, it's pretty much the same product as Fast and Furious.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Swanton825" data-cite="The Swanton825" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50796" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wrestling Nerd Nirvana is more of a sports entertainment style doesn't rate in-ring performance high enough for what you're looking for IMO. The only problem with Fast and Furious is you won't be able to do comedy matches without a penalty (comedic wrestling is where my brain goes when I think family friendly) so unless you don't care to do comedy matches, I would take a third option and go with Guerrilla Warfare. Aside from a slightly higher expected angle percentage and allowing comedy matches, it's pretty much the same product as Fast and Furious.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nothing wrong with the penalty though since comedy matches are there for undercard crowd control anyway.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dstephe4" data-cite="dstephe4" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50796" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm trying to get my head around the new Product pre-sets on 2020. I'm torn between two different products, and I'd like your help choosing which is best for what I want to do. I'm sure you wise people of the forum can help me?<p> </p><p> If I were to choose <strong>Fast And Furious</strong>, how should I go about booking to get the most of out this pre-set? What do I do to squeeze out every possible point.</p><p> </p><p> The alternative product is <strong>Wrestling Nerd Nirvana</strong>. As with the product above, what booking decisions on my part would get the most out of this product?</p><p> </p><p> I'm after something reasonably family-friendly yet containing hard-hitting, fast-paced action. My roster consists mainly of high flyers and technicians. I do have 2 good brawlers though too. Whatever product I go for needs to be performance > popularity, as my highest overness is about 30 lol</p><p> </p><p> I look forward to seeing what info you can give. How have your experiences been with these two products? What do you find works with these, and what doesn't?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah, the classic noob bait, Wrestling Nerd Nirvana. You read Adam's little write-up you're like, cool that's AE-Dub, lets do it, but you'd be wrong. Wrestling Nerd Nirvana isn't a workrate product, it's a 75% match, 55:45 Sports Entertainment product, with poopy fans. Trust me when I tell you this. You do not, ever, want to use this product. They will poop on midcarders, they will demand high levels of skill, and then you will get nothing for that in grade bumps that you would normally get from Hardcore feds, or work-rate feds which balances out the poopy fan problem. So you will either have a roster that is so skilled that you shouldn't use the product, you should use a work-rate one. Or you will have fans try and run off half your mid-card. Noob Trap. I'd recommend Silver Age Pro Wrestling personally if you want the southern California style kinda thing, it's a very underrated product IMO. Fast-and-Furious is good, and Guerilla Warfare is also one to give a look if you want to do more comedy.</p>

Fast And Furious is pretty powerful since it's heavy on matches and performance.

Get a bunch of good workers together and strong scores flow readily.

Make sure your top workers have good stamina, as the fans expect about 20 min matches for stars & major stars.

Use the required steal the show aim for the undercard, as it's not suited to longer matches.

A lesser or no face/heel divide is good so that you can change the matches up - otherwise you might wind up with repetitive booking penalties for the upper card in a small promotion.

Thanks for the great info so far. Definitely leaning a lot more towards Fast And Furious now.

Is there anything else people can advise about booking this product?

Is there a particular style (aerial / technical / hardcore) that is preferred for this? Or are the fans just happy as long at it's all-out action?

It was mentioned that 20min main events are expected for main events. Are there penalties if I make the lower card matches, say, 13-15 mins?

Thanks again for your help.

Is there a particular style (aerial / technical / hardcore) that is preferred for this? Or are the fans just happy as long at it's all-out action?

You get penalties for hardcore, comedy, eye candy and deathmatch - anything else is fair game. There are no bonus for particular match styles.

It was mentioned that 20min main events are expected for main events. Are there penalties if I make the lower card matches, say, 13-15 mins?

The expectation only applies to matches with stars or major stars.

I tend to do 10-15 min matches for the lower card. The penalty is not that huge anyway, so don't worry too much.

Ah, the classic noob bait, Wrestling Nerd Nirvana. You read Adam's little write-up you're like, cool that's AE-Dub, lets do it, but you'd be wrong. Wrestling Nerd Nirvana isn't a workrate product, it's a 75% match, 55:45 Sports Entertainment product, with poopy fans. Trust me when I tell you this. You do not, ever, want to use this product. They will poop on midcarders, they will demand high levels of skill, and then you will get nothing for that in grade bumps that you would normally get from Hardcore feds, or work-rate feds which balances out the poopy fan problem. So you will either have a roster that is so skilled that you shouldn't use the product, you should use a work-rate one. Or you will have fans try and run off half your mid-card. Noob Trap. I'd recommend Silver Age Pro Wrestling personally if you want the southern California style kinda thing, it's a very underrated product IMO. Fast-and-Furious is good, and Guerilla Warfare is also one to give a look if you want to do more comedy.

I have no problems booking using Wrestling Nerd Nirvana and booking AEW. It's really not that hard.