NFL Head Coach

Braylin

Has anyone looked into this game coming out on a few weeks? I just ran across it and was thinking of pre-ordering it. Have any of you guys heard anything good or bad about it? There is not alot of info on the web about it yet. [url]http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646450[/url]

Guest TPB_Fan
Hey bro go and check it out on [url]www.easports.com[/url] or [url]www.gamespot.com[/url] or [url]www.ign.com[/url] they have all kinds of stuff on the game. It is going to be one that many NFL Fans are going to want to have. Also, the best thing about it is that it is headset enabled!!!

• 5 weeks later...
my review of game I just bought this game 3 days ago and have been playing around with it. (PC version)(main reason why my "new era of Danger and Violence Extreme" Dynasty has not been really updated) first, gamespot has a good article as mentioned read that to get a view of the game as well. In this game you start as an ex-steelers coordinator (your choice offense or defense), after the superbowl, looking for a job. [U][B]personal thoughts[/B][/U] (+ = good point, - = bad point) micro managers dream or nightmare, you complete everything (MAJOR + or MAJOR -) limited to number of things you can do per day (-) limited in responses when talking with staff (-) one point of the game is to build trust with staff, to do that agree with everything they say (- because it takes the creativity out for the user, can't disagree without penalty) can't go back and check roster when talking to staff about who should play (MAJOR -) practices can become boring and repetitive (I was watching smackdown the entire time I was running these, just checked the screen to know when to hit enter so the play would run. (- for being repetitive, + because I am able to watch other shows while playing) MUST play out practices, to have any shot of a good team (injuries only seem to pop up when you sim these) (-) can only sign players, coaches, do trades during certin times, (which is never, towards the end of preseason so I skip most "office hours" towards the end) (-) Draft is cool and fun to listen to "Mel Kiper Jr" leads you through it, but your player scout is useless. (ran three drafts with the bills and had the #8 pick. picked up r. bush twice and vince young once, my scout wanted others. AJ Hawk was the #1 pick all three times) (+ and -) During the game your players can not "think on their feet" if you tell a RB to go somewhere they will run to that point and try to bull rush their way through even though a major hole is open somewhere else. (+ and -, - because its a pain to watch the player bounce off the same spot repeatedly when you see a hole open, + if you like to see a train wreak) No play by Play done (-) Great graphics (+) Sabol videos are a nice touch, "videos that play reach a certin goal" even though I have only seen 2 (+) "Hall of Legends" is nice to look through (+) [U][B]Overall thoughts[/B][/U] If you are looking for a game that will allow you to pick it up and play for short periods, to pass the time. [B]THIS IS NOT IT[/B] I think they tried to do too much and it drags the game down In my current game I just made it to the start of the regular season and all it took was 11 hours. 5 just to get to the draft. they have "edge", cardinal RB still with the colts and I have not been able to find a note on how current the roster are other than that. If you are a hardcore football fan or want more of a challenge than being up teams 58-0 and being superbowl champs year after year with madden, you may find this fun. not the best but still an enjoyable game, download the demo or find a friend with it and try it out before buying

Unfortunately, like so very, very many promising ideas, I think they found that it would cost more to delay the game and fix problems than they would lose in sales by releasing it as is. So they released it, there will be a patch or two and then they'll move on to something else. I'd be surprised if they try to continue the line.

currently 3-0 with the biils, and after 7 games (4-0 in preseason) here are my updated thoughts. I have decided on 1 thing. [B]This game is sadly beyond fixing.[/B] Their are too many problems with it that a couple of patches will not fix. They needed to delay this game. yes they will get some ok sales numbers that make this game seem like it did well because of people wanting a new challenge (like me), but I wonder what the numbers are on how many people actually enjoy this game. Its not small issues, like adding a delete button for tag teams in TEW. They need to redo entire areas the staff meetings are pointless for reason stated earlier. Also practices are pointless now as well, because the building up of "money plays" (the plays that the team knows really well) does not carry over every week, you have to relearn the play all over again, WTF with that! I would love to read some interviews with coaches who have played this game. Again,This game is sadly beyond fixing, and I am pissed that I bought it. Look out for updates to my dynasty "the new era of Danger and Violence Extreme", because NFL Head coach will no longer be taking up my time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived