XXCW: Wrestling The Way You Like It (A Cornellverse Diary)

I couldn't believe who was on the other end of the phone. Even though I know wrestling was performance and the characters were made up, I still got shivers of fear at the name of the man who just called me... Professor Mycroft Nero. I remember watching wrestling growing up and seeing my heroes fall to the evil Nero and his minions and here he was asking me for some help. How could I refuse? I was too afraid of him sinking the dreaded Nero Nerve Hold on me. "I think Texas is ready for a rebirth. I've promoted some shows around here but I think this area is ready for a steady hometown promotion. Texas wrestling returning to it's glory! I've seen what you did with that little promotion in the Mid Atlantic...I think we can do some great things together. How about it?" And with that I was on a plane for my first official booking meeting with Prof. Nero as we would build Double Cross Championship Wrestling (XXCW). He liked the term "double cross" for it's double entendre so it was a go. Nero wanted to work as a road agent and he would hire someone else to be the face of the company and lead announcer, "Too many bad memories for people for them to trust me now" he chuckled. He had done a lot of press work and the company already had a small following. There were no champions as of yet, just a collection of some of the best unemployed talent he could find. Now was the time to bring it all together.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We scheduled the first show for the last Sunday in December....to be called Road to the Gold. If all goes well, this might be our "destination point" show each year. The promotion is starting with 30K in the bank as well. In doing a very unscientific poll of the area I found the company to be a "D" in popularity in the Mid South and an E in surrounding Mid West and South West regions. We were considered "small" but I hoped to take the company to Regional soon. Getting on TV would be tough but once that happened I think the ultimate goal of PPV would not be too far behind. There would be two titles, The Mid South singles and tag titles. The singles title would be determined at Road to the Gold in a four man tournament featuring American Elemental, Darryl Devine, Plague and Rick Sanders. Our roster shaped up like this as we approached the first show (heels in red): MAIN EVENT ------------- [COLOR="Red"]Darryl Devine Plague[/COLOR] Rick Sanders UPPER CARD --------------- American Elemental Tim Westybrook Des Davids [COLOR="Red"]Nevada Nuclear Marc Speed[/COLOR] MIDCARD --------------- Geoff Borne [COLOR="Red"]Leroy John Greed[/COLOR] LOWERCARD ------------------- Brendon Idol [COLOR="Red"]Flemmy Lemming[/COLOR] Mark Smart OPENER ---------------- [COLOR="Red"]Warren Technique[/COLOR] Jeremy Jazz We hired Rob Perkins to referee and Ted Ross from Canada will be handling play by play. Nero has toyed with the idea of sitting in on Color, but we'll see what happens.

[B]XXCW Road to the Gold (12.05) 300 fans at Colorado Springs Bar[/B] [I]First show, sold out!! Wow, the advanced publicity we did showed that this region is STARVING for a pro wrestling federation they can call their own. It's up to us to make good on the promises now.[/I] Flemmy Lemming comes out and speaks about how he is the greatest technical wrestler in the company. [B]E Dark Match: Brendon Idol d. Flemmy Lemming[/B] Good match for two virtual unknowns. Lemming used a ground attack that worked for awhile until Idol was able to take to the air and win with a 450 splash called the Idolizer. [B]E[/B] XXCW Lead Announcer Ted Ross welcome the fans to the show and announces that tonight we will see the crowning of the first Mid South Champion. The first round will be Plague vs. American Elemental and Rick Sanders vs. "Mighty Fine" Darryl Devine!! [B]C-[/B] [B]American Elemental d. Plague[/B] Great nonstop action for the 10 minute match. Plague does highspots but also works very stiff and his offense looks devestating. Elemental hit a Springboard Clothesline for the win [B]C-[/B] Darryl Devine comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Feast your eyes ladies because you know you all want to be with me and all the men want to be me. I am not only the future of this company, but the entire sport of professional wrestling. I'm the only one that can carry this fledgling promotion on his back. Who else can? Rick Sanders? I don't think so unless bland white bread is your flavor and I don't think it is."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Darryl Devine d. Rick Sanders by countout[/B] Devine really is as good as the hype states. Sanders is a solid veteran hand that can really help the younger wrestlers in the promotion get to the level they need to be. Devine attacked Sanders ankle after the latter rolled it on getting thrown out of the ring. Sanders couldn't make the 10 count back in the ring. [B]C[/B] "The Eighth Deadly Sin" John Greed came out for a promo: [COLOR="Red"]"I can't believe I'm not in this tournament. You people may not know me, but get ready...you're gonna. And you'll find out that sins aren't the only thing that can be deadly!"[/COLOR] [B]C- Darryl Devine d. American Elemental to win the XXCW Mid South Title[/B] Match of the night at 30 minutes and both men working their butts off. Elemental looked to have the match won on a few different occasions but Devine kept squriming out of it. Elemental went for a flying huracanrana but Devine reversed it into a sitout power bomb for the win. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Well, I guess the theme of this new promotion will be quality wrestling comes back to Texas!!! A fantastic show and with the local economy booming we can only build on things from here. Devine is amazing and should be the centerpiece of this promotion for some time to come!

You've stolen Texas from me! Darn it, I wanted to be the one to put Texas back on the map. :) Good start to the diary and a great choice of champion. All hail the mighty Darryl Devine for he is the best young fictional wrestler there is right now. Except for maybe wolf Hawkins of course..... Derek B

[B]XXCW A New Dawn (01.06) 215 fans at Colorado Springs Bar --------------------------------------------------------------[/B] [I]Attendance dipped this month but that's to be expected with a brand new promotion. We made 3,000 last month though so things are starting off on the right foot.[/I] Flemmy Lemming introduces his tag partner Warren Technique and calls themselves the great technical tag team ever. [B]E Dark Match: Brendon Idol/Geoff Borne d. Warren Technique/Flemmy Lemming[/B] These two young teams have some definite potential and may end up maturing against each other. A very basic formula tag match. [B]E[/B] Newly crowned Mid South Champion Darryl Devine makes his entrance: [COLOR="Red"]"Well, well, well...dreams do come true...I'm tallking about your dreams, not mine. I told you I would be champion and it was just a matter of doing it. Consider it done. And now American Elemental wants a rematch? That man loves to lose!"[/COLOR] [B]C+ Tim Westybrook d. John Greed in a minute![/B] Greed came out all ****y and mocked newcomer Westybrook. Westybrook took no time in taking it to him and pinned him in record time with a massive spinebuster! [B]D[/B] John Greed got to his feet and pleaded with the ref: [COLOR="Red"]No, seriously, I slipped!! I slipped!! Come on, start the match over!!! I slipped!!!"[/COLOR] [B]D Marc Speed d. Mark Smart[/B] Smart is doing a rookie wrestler in way over his head gimmick. Speed is a solid technical wrestler that management has high hopes for. Basic squash match with Speed hitting a Tornado DDT called "Need for Speed" for the win. [B]E[/B] The former Boston College Eagles linebacker Des Davids cuts a promo: [COLOR="Blue"]"I'm honored to be here, Ted and I think this is the promotion to work for. I want to grow along with it."[/COLOR] [B]C- Des Davids and Leroy went to double countout[/B] Good brawl with Davids holding his own against the East Side Assasin. The match spilled outside the ring and the ref lost control. [B]D[/B] American Elemental is backstage: [COLOR="Blue"]"Darryl Devine, you were the better man last month...sort of. You still needed to cheat to beat me. But I'm not gonna sit here and complain about it...I'm just gonna learn from mistakes and beat you for that title right now!"[/COLOR] [B]C- American Elemental d. Darryl Devine by DQ; Devine retains the Mid South Title[/B] Another stellar effort from the top two wrestlers in the company. Elemental isn't quite over enought to take the strap but he keeps winning over fans. He dominated this match and fans thought he might get the belt, but Plage as well as XXCW newcomer Nevada Nuclear, led by the evil Prof. Nero charged the ring and beat on the unsuspecting American Elemental [B]C[/B] Nero commands his duo to beat the hell out of American Elemental while Devine laughs and gets out of dodge. [B]E[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: Another solid show although overness didn't increase with it. We're still in the process of introducing the roster to the fans and building up interest in future matches..it's all a process :)

[B]XXCW Collision Course (02/06) 248 fans at Colorago Springs Bar[/B] ----------------------------------------------------------------- [B]Dark Match: American Elemental d. Warren Technique[/B] Good match for Technique as he seemed to pick up a few new tricks. Elemental gave Warren some offense, but not so much so to appear weak. [B]C-[/B] The main show opens with Prof. Nero coming to the ring accompanied by Nevada Nuclear and Plague: [COLOR="Red"]"Many of you fans remember me and for those who don't you will soon learn to fear the name, Prof. Nero! Plague and Nevada Nuclear, my Weapons of Mass Destruction, are here to assist me in my ultimate plan...complete domination of XXCW. And we start with your masked hero, American Elemental!"[/COLOR] [B]B Mass Destruction d. Mark Smart and Jeremy Jazz[/B] Smart got a wicked beating in this match and Jazz barely saw any action. Nuclear uses more power with compliments Plague's fast attack. Nuclear hit the Mushroom Cloud for the win. [B]E-[/B] American Elemental comes out of the crowd and bravely attacks both men. He does ok at first but the two on one was too much and they beat him to the outside. Nero called his men back and Elemental still wouldn't stay down. He grabbed the mic and made a challenge to either of them for next month. [B]D Marc Speed d. Geoff "Air" Borne[/B] Nice match with Speed shutting down Borne's hope spots. Borne's got something as well. Speed took this match pretty easily. [B]D[/B] Rick Sanders comes out for an interview: [COLOR="Blue"]"Darryl Devine, at Road to the Gold you got lucky. I hurt my ankle and you jumped on it, getting a cheap countout win. Good for you, you saw a weakness and you went for it. Well I've spent the last two months rehabbing the ankle and even though doctors tell me it's too soon, I'm back and I want a title match! tonight![/COLOR] Devine comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Well well well if it isn't Mr. Excitement himself? I'm sorry Rick, I think I may have dozed off during your promo...did you want something?"[/COLOR] And with that, Sanders decked Devine and knocked him for a loop. The match is on!! [B]C-[/B] We see a video of Westybrook's surprising quick win over heavy favorite John Greed from last month. [B]E[/B] John Greed: [COLOR="Red"]"Westybrook you know as well as I did that this ring was slippery and I lost my footing last month. It's not going to happen again!"[/COLOR] [B]D Tim Westybrook d. John Greed by countout[/B] Pretty good match as fans are starting to warm towards Tim. He has an impressive power attack, but also one of the best cardio endurance of any wrestler in the promotion. Greed got shut down at every turn and finally got so frustrated he left the ring for a 10 count. [B]D[/B] The contestants are announced for the Main Event [B]C- Darryl Devine d. Rick Sanders to retain the Mid Southern Title[/B] Devine is putting on indy-style classics. While he may not be as over as someone like Tommy Cornell, he is putting on state of the art matches on the indy level. Sanders really held his own and the story of the match was Devine targeting Sanders' injured ankle. Sanders tried to use a slingshot suplex but his ankle gave out, allowing Devine to reverse it into a pin. [B]C[/B] Darryl Devine grabs the mic, [COLOR="Red"]"I have beaten every top contender this rinky dink promotion can throw at me. In three months, I've beaten everyone who is worth. If this is the best you've got, you better just engrave my name on this belt...right....now---"[/COLOR] The lights go out for a second as the fans cheer...when they come back on we see [B]HELL MONKEY[/B] sitting on the turnbuckle as Ted Ross screams, "oh my God!! Hell Monkey is here!! Hell Monkey is here!!" Devine looks like he saw a ghost and suddenly, the lights turn off and when they come back on, Hell Monkey is gone...leaving Devine clutching his title belt. Overall Show: [B]C-[/B]

[B]XXCW Fortune and Glory (03.06) 216 fans at Whiskey Sours Bar[/B] ------------------------------------------------------------------ [I]We've moved from the Colorado Springs Bar to Whiskey Sours in Texas as the new home of XXCW (in reality I just changed the name of CSB in order to give it a more broad, general name and pretend it was in TX :) ) With the mysterious appearance of Hell Monkey last month, fans have been clammoring to know: Will he reappear tonight?!?[/I] Pre Show: Des Davids cuts a promo lamenting his recent loss to Leroy: [COLOR="Blue"]"You got me once Leroy and I admit, I wasn't prepared for the kind of brutality you can dish out. I won't get caught like that again."[/COLOR] [B]D Dark Match: Des Davids d. Crockett Tubbs[/B] Tubbs is a rookie wrestler with a "dealer" gimmick. Open match fodder for now. Davids showed an increased aggression and killer instinct and looked pretty good putting away Tubbs. [B]F[/B] Speaking of Leroy, John Greed is seen backstage speaking with him. There is money exchanged and then Greed turns toward the camera: [COLOR="Red"]"Westybrook, you've been a thorn in my side for a few months now. I don't like you and I don't want you around...so I'm going to do something about it. Leroy has accepted a generous offer by me to take you on next month...if you have the guts."[/COLOR] [B]D[/B] The main show starts and we see Brendon Idol warming up for his match with the debuting veteran, The Idaho Punisher. [B]A Brendon Idol d. The Idaho Punisher[/B] Big upset here, but Idol's momentum is at "A" so he is in full push mode as the Texas fans are solidly behind the young high flier. Punisher started off dominating the match and it looked like Idol would do the J-O-B, but Idol fought back and reversed a power bomb attempt into a huracanrana for the win! [B]C-[/B] Ted Ross narrates a video of Hell Monkey appearing at the end of Collision Course and states that, yes, Hell Monkey has signed an XXCW contract and will be on the show tonight!! He's here for one reason...to win the Mid Southern Title from Darryl Devine! [B]C- Marc Speed d. Jeremy Jazz[/B] Pretty much a squash match. Speed could be a future main eventer for XXCW but his recent matches have been a little disappointing. He'll be working the mid card until he can improve some. [B]E[/B] After Speed wins, Jazz is getting to his feet. From out of nowhere a GIANT RUSSIAN charges the ring and completely obliterates Jazz as the crowd roars in shock. [B]A*[/B] Darryl Devine follows closely behind and introduces Mister Blister (Marat Khoklov) as his new bodyguard: [COLOR="Red"]"This place is crazy. You've got masked men, evil professors and now some freak of nature demon monkey coming after me and my title. I need protection, man!! There is no way in hell that that I'm going to allow Hell Monkey to get a match at MY Mid Southern Title...he might as well go back to where he came from."[/COLOR] [B]B[/B] Devine sits in on commentary for the next match... [B]Hell Monkey d. Warren Technique[/B] Monkey looks amazing and Technique has a great ability to really be carried to a fantastic match. These two have great chemistry so that will be something to note once Warren gets a little more over. Monkey dominated and won the match with his spinning Hellfire Kick. After the match he glared at Devine (who had been dogging him on commentary) and made a gesture that the belt was coming to him. [B]C[/B] Backstage there is a ruckus (I can't describe the ruckus) with American Elemental and Plague being held back from tearing each other apart. Save it for the ring boys because you're up next.... [B]C- American Elemental d. Plague[/B] Another match with fantastic chemistry between the two combatants. Nevada Nuclear and Prof. Nero tried to get involved but were thwarted by Elemental. AE needed a big win here and he got it as this feud seems to just be starting. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Another great show and our popularity is slowly improving. The Wrestling Economy is picking up so we should start seeing some more fans. We're about average in attendance although the merchandising is starting to increase. We either make a few hundred or lose a few hundred a show so we're pretty much at breaking even. I have a lot of higher priced contracts but I wanted the show quality to move us up to Regional quicker so I can take some hits.

[B]XXCW Newsbites:[/B] ** After some rumblings on Darryl Devine possibly getting offers from bigger companies, XXCW embarked on an aggressive agenda of business pacts. Working Agreements have been signed with NYCW and MAW and Non Agression pacts have been signed with USPW, DAVE, NOTBPW and most impressively TCW. Of all companies contacted, only SWF refused to work with XXCW in any fashion.

[B]XXCW Desperate Times, Desperate Measures (04.06) 236 fans at Whiskey Sours[/B] --------------------------------------------------------------------- [I]Attendance is really picking up as is the wrestling economy. Only about 60 shy of a sellout tonight as the entire crew has been busting their asses to not only bring back Texas wrestling, but to do it proud.[/I] [B]Dark Match: Nevada Nuclear (w/ Prof. Nero) d. "2 Xtreme" Randy Maxx[/B] Nuclear has great momentum (B-) as Prof. Nero as his mouthpiece and cornerman is doing wonders for both he and Plague. Maxx is a youngster who is looking to for a tag team soon with Geoff Borne. They could be something. This match saw Maxx get a little offense in early, but it was mainly a showcase for Nevada and his Mushroom Cloud. [B]D[/B] Ted Ross announces that the XXCW Championship Comittee has decided to award Hell Monkey with a Mid Southern Title Shot!!! [B]C- John Greed d. Mark Smart[/B] Squash match as Smart's gimmick is he never gets in any offense. Greed nailed him with "Money Talks" (Unprettier) for a quick pin. [B]E[/B] Smart is being helped to his feet when Darryl Devine leads the awesome Mister Blister to the ring. Blister DESTROYS Smart and heaves him outside the ring. [B]A*[/B] Devine grabs the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"Get that trash out of here, I've got something to say. There is no way in hell, yeah that's right, I said it...no way in HELL that I'm gonna defend MY Mid Southern Title against a freak of nature like Hell Monkey. That guy is dangerous and I'm not putting this well trained, well conditioned body in harm's way. Sorry, uh uh, ain't gonna do it!"[/COLOR] Devine is really gold on the mic [B]C+[/B] Ted Ross informs Darryl that he didn't say Devine would be facing Hell Monkey next month...he said he'd recieve a title shot next month. Because tonight Darryl Devine will defend the Mid Southern Title against AMERICAN ELEMENTAL!!! [COLOR="Blue"]"You may not even make it to next month with the belt"[/COLOR] Devine flipped out!! [B]D Tim Westybrook and Leroy (w/ John Greed) battled to a double countout[/B] This was from the storyline that John Greed is paying Leroy to help take out Westybrook. Good stiff brawl and impressive rating as neither man are really over. Spills to the outside, ref loses control...you know the drill. [B]D[/B] Greed and Leroy don't stop with the bell ringing as they try to beat Tim into a bloody pulp. Des Davids comes out to make the save!! [B]F[/B] Brendon Idol warms up for his match. [B]A Brendon Idol d. The Idaho Punisher[/B] Punisher was determined to prove that last month's loss to the young Idol was nothing more than a fluke. He found out tonight that Idol is the real deal and suffered yet another pinfall loss to Brendon. Idol is red hot now! [B]C-[/B] American Idol is backstage getting ready for his title match when Prof. Nero gets in his face and orders Plague and Nevada Nuclear to beat the babyface down. Officials and security pull them off. [B]C- Darryl Devine (w/ Mister Blister) d. American Elemental to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] Devine was in the ring alone as Elemental's music played. It looked as if it might be a forfeit until the Star Spangled One stumbled through the curtain and made his way to the ring through a roaring crowd. Elemental fought the good fight, but injured was no match for the healthy Devine. Devine wins with the Devine Dream Drop and acts like he just won the lottery. [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: Things are starting to click and guys are really stepping up to get over. We're still at break even point but that's ok. With the rising star Brendon Idol as well as a few other top workers the rest of 2006 should be interesting indeed. Next month: Darryl Devine vs. Hell Monkey for the XXCW Mid Southern Title!!!

[SIZE="3"][B]XXCW Aim to Misbehave (05.06) 211 fans at Whiskey Sours Bar[/B][/SIZE] ---------------------------------------------------------- [I]Attendance dipped a little this month as we are battling a down US Economy. Strangely, the wrestling economy is on the upswing. Our merchandising has been virtually nil as of late so we've made some efforts in that area to try to create a new stream of revenue. The atmosphere backstage ranges from nervous to excited as XXCW presents the biggest match we've had thus far....Darryl Devine vs. Hell Monkey.[/I] As fans file into their seats a video plays hyping the dynamic new tag team of Suicide Xtreme (Geoff Borner and Randy Maxx). There is a little buzz in the crowd as some fans seem generally interested in this team's debut. [B]C[/B] Flemmy Lemming and Warren Technique come to the ring and Lemming announces that they have formed a full time tag team and will be known as "The Shooters". [B]D Dark Match: Suicide Xtreme d. The Shooters[/B] Pretty decent match between four very young, very not-over workers. Flemming and Technique cut off half the ring while getting heat on Maxx until he was able to make the hot tag to Borne. Xtreme used a Rocket Launcher finisher to win the match. [B]E[/B] Ted Ross comes to the ring and excitedly hypes the main event for tonight: Darryl Devine defending the Mid Southern Title against Hell Monkey!! [B]C-[/B] Mark Smart comes to the ring and Ross asks him about his match with Mister Blister. Smart: [COLOR="Blue"]Um, I don't think this was a good idea. I made a very very poor error in judgment."[/COLOR] [B]F Mister Blister d. Mark Smart[/B] Blister came to the ring and absolutely destroyed Smart with a few chokeslams and a vicious Moscow Lariat that spun Smart into a complete 360. [B]E[/B] Not satisified with that beating, Blister picks up the limp Smart and hurls him to the the crowd. [B]A* Tim Westybrook d. Leroy (w/ John Greed)[/B] Another solid brawl between these two. Leroy tried to use a crowbar but was stopped by the big man. Westybrook debuted his thunderous Iron Bomb spinebuster for the win. [B]E[/B] Brendon Idol comes to the ring to a huge cheer and warms up for his match [B]A Brendon Idol d. Marc Speed[/B] Idol just keeps on winning. His momentum is so strong that I want to see how far I can take him. This was one of Speed's best matches thus far, but he has been a total disappointment, especially for the price he charges. His days in Texas wrestling may be coming to a close for the time being. Idol with the Idolizer [B]C-[/B] American Elemental cuts a promo: [COLOR="Blue"]"Plague, Nuclear, Nero...you guys have had it in for me since this promotion got underway. For some reason, you want to target me. I'm not going to be a target any longer...starting tonight I go on the offense."[/COLOR] [B]D American Elemental d. Nevada Nuclear (w/ Prof. Nero) by DQ[/B] More brawling than a usual Elemental match, but he seems to want to show a different side to himself. I think it hurt the overall quality though. Nuclear is coming along, especially with Nero at his side. Elemental was the first to go to the steel chair, but the ref caught Nevada with it and signalled for the bell. [B]D[/B] Not to leave well enough alone, Plague charges in and the Weapons of Mass Destruction lay out American Elemental [B]E[/B] Please welcome....the XXCW Mid Southern Champion...."Mighty Fine" Darryl Devine!!! [COLOR="Red"]"For months now, you idiots have been clammoring for this match. We want to see Hell Monkey beat up Darryl Devine. Mess up his lovely visage. You better watch out what you wish for...."[/COLOR] [B]C Darryl Devine went to a time limit draw with Hell Monkey in 30:00; Devine retains the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] Good news and bad news....good news is this match was very highly rated...bad news is that these guys don't have chemistry together and it was a touch awkward of a bout. I think the fans forgave that as they really wanted to see this match and also wanted to see Devine get beat, thus the high rating. It may curtail plans for an extended feud between the two. Solid action and some good high flying. One nice spot towards the end was Devine going for the Devine Dream Drop and Monkey pushes him off. Devine sprints to the corner buckle and flies off with a backflying cross body. Hell Monkey catches him into a tight powerslam and gets a 2 2/3 count for a nearfall. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: Disappointing news about the lack of chemistry between Monkey and Devine as they were definitely the two top names in the promotion. The match was still good though and I can only hold a few matches to tell this story and disguise that with beatdowns and promos. Luckily, Brendon Idol is catching fire now at a time when I can use some top babyfaces. Tim Westybrook and Des Davids haven't caught on like I'd hoped, but there's still plenty of time for them to develop. Marc Speed, though, has been a total disappointment.

[SIZE="3"][B]XXCW All Hells A'Comin (06.06) 285 fans at Whiskey Sours Bar[/B][/SIZE] ------------------------------------------------------------------- [I]Attendance is picking up as last month's much anticipated Devine-Hell Monkey title match seems to have captured the imaginations of local fans and brought them back tonight. Tonight starts the tournament to determine the first XXCW Mid Southern Tag Team Champions[/I] [B]Dark Match: Marc Speed d. Mark Smart[/B] Basic squash. Speed on offense the whole time and wins it with Need for Speed. [B]E[/B] Speed grabs the mic and states that he's tired of being XXCW's whipping boy and he's going to start showing just what he can do. [B]D[/B] A video highlighting Suicide Xtreme is shown as the show is about to begin. [B]C[/B] Ted Ross welcomes fans to Whiskey Sours and referee Rob Perkins is holding two shrouded items. [COLOR="Blue"]"What with the success of this company in the past few months, we in XXCW decided it was time to bring another tradition back to Texas wrestling...the tag teams!! Tag Team wrestling will be a big focus for us and tonight starts an 8 team tournament to decide the first ever XXCW Mid Southern Tag Team Champions!![/COLOR] Perkins reveals the belts as the crowd cheers! [B]C-[/B] American Elemental comes to the ring: [COLOR="Blue"]Sorry to interrupt Ted, but I have an announcement of my own. For months I've been battling Prof. Nero and his minions and I've come to the realization that I need some help, I can't do it alone. So I called up an old friend and he is making his XXCW debut tonight, as my tag partner in this tournament. Please welcome to Texas....SNAP DRAGON!!![/COLOR] [B]C+[/B] Flemmy Lemming and Warren Technique (The Shooters) come out for the first tourney match and Lemming taunts the masked duo: [COLOR="Red"]Look at you...ashamed of who you are, hiding behind masks. I want to rip that mask off just so I can mess up your face even more!![/COLOR] [B]D Masked Mayhem d. The Shooters to advance in the tag title tournament[/B] Dragon and Elemental really work together nicely and this match was very, very good. The Shooters will need some wins coming up but they can be title contenders for sure. Great balance of high flying and mat work here. Mayhem used a combo springboard clothesline and flying kneedrop for the win. [B]C-[/B] Brendon Idol is shown on Whiskey Sours projection system and the crowd pops! [B]A Brendon Idol d. Leo Davis[/B] Wow, to get a C- match out of Davis, Idol has to be the real thing. He plays the underdog so well and then gets great fire on his comebacks. Good match and he made Davis look good, surprisingly. [B]C-[/B] Out of nowhere Darryl Devine and Mister Blister storm the ring. Blister disposes of both Idol and Davis. [B]A*[/B] Darryl Devine promo: [COLOR="Red"]"That's right YOUR Mid Southern Champion is here in the building. I had to take the night off after my greuling, yet successful, title defense against the overrated Hell Monkey. I think that's the last you'll see of him."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Weapons of Mass Destruction d. Des Davids/Tim Westybrook to advance in the tag title tournament[/B] Many are touting Nevada Nuclear as a future top star so I protected him in this match. Westybrook dominated a lot of offense and Plague sold like he'd been hit with a shotgun. Davids wasn't much of a factor other than to get heat on him. I like the brawling babyface duo and they'll work out fine. The heels are a strong team although I was hoping for a little more from this match. [B]D[/B] Overall Show: [B]D[/B] Notes: Bad planning on my part as I should have reversed the tournament matches. I had no idea that Masked Mayhem and The Shooters would have such an outstanding match. Next month's tournament matches are: John Greed/Leroy vs. Suicide Xtreme Darryl Devine/Mister Blister vs. ???

[SIZE="3"][B]XXCW Summer Blockbuster (07.06) 205 fans at Whiskey Sours Bar[/B][/SIZE] ------------------------------------------------------------------- [I]It seemed like we were in the pocket, so to speak, drawing in 285 fans last month but the lackluster main event seems to have soured some, with attendance dropping by 80 this month.[/I] Darryl Devine and Mister Blister come to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Not only am I the greatest singles wrestler in the world with the belt to prove it, tonight Blister and myself will prove that we form the most unstoppable duo ever seen in professional wrestling. Of course, XXCW is scrambling to find two joboronis to get in the ring with us, but come on...it's a forgone conclusion. Just hand us the belts now and save everyone a lot of trouble."[/COLOR] [B]C-[/B] Hell Monkey's music hits and the lights go on and off...the crowd cheers and he finally makes his appearance. [COLOR="Blue"]"Devine, I don't know how but you ended up squeaking by in our title match. Just hanging on until the time limit saved your sorry ass. Tonight you might not be so lucky...because I'm one half of your opponents. Oh, and my partner....BRENDON IDOL!!" [/COLOR]The crowd was really into the announcement. [B]C Suicide Xtreme d. John Greed/Leroy[/B] The heels were kind of makeshift, but at least it made sense with Greed bankrolling Leroy as his "hired gun". Maxx and Borne look good together and won the match convincingly. [B]E[/B] Des Davids is announced for his match. He states how he's not finished with Leroy and Greed and that he's on a quest to become the top wrestler in the company. [B]D Des Davids d. Idaho Punisher[/B] Punisher is on the Tour de Job to help put over some of the younger talent in the company. He's none too happy about it, but we're paying him gobs of money so he'll have to shut it and keep counting the lights. Davids with the Beantown Bomb (Rock Bottom) [B]D[/B] Prof. Nero hypes WMD: [COLOR="Red"]"My team of Plage and Nevada Nuclear are the most dominant force in professional wrestling. They will easily advance through this tournament and take their rightful place atop the tag team heap in this company."[/COLOR] [B]B+ Rick Sanders d. Flemmy Lemming[/B] Some nice chain wrestling in this one, but Sanders kept control for the most part. [B]D[/B] Marc Speed comes to the aisle and challenges Rick Sanders to a match next month to prove that he is a better technical wrestler. [B]D[/B] Hell Monkey and Brendon Idol head to the ring as the crowd goes nuts [B]A Hell Monkey/Brendon Idol d. Darryl Devine/Mister Blister[/B] Great match even though Blister was tiring towards the end. Monkey and Blister ended up spilling out of the ring as Idol reversed a Devine suplex attempt into a small package for an upset win!! [B]C-[/B] Mister Blister slams Hell Monkey to the outside and, upon realizing his team lost, goes ballistic!!! He grabs Brendon Idol and nails him with the lariat a few times and then proceeds to chokeslam him several times on the concrete until security intervened. Idol had to be carried out. [B]A*[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: The Blister Attacks storyline is going along nicely and fit in perfectly here (for those wondering, I created an ATTACK angle with a monster heel just running in and laying waste, but since it's all about how impressive the monster heel is, I based it on looks.). Things are shaping up.

[B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Brawlapalooza (08.06) 231 fans at Whiskey Sours [/SIZE][/B] ------------------------------------------------------------------ [B]Dark Match: Tim Westybrook d. Idaho Punisher[/B] This is the best Tim has looked in his XXCW run thus far. He showed glimpses of the star he could become in a dominant win over Punisher. [B]C-[/B] The team of Suicide Xtreme warms up as Ted Ross updates us that we'll have news on the condition of Brendon Idol later in the show. [B]C-[/B] American Elemental and Snap Dragon (Masked Mayhem) make their way to the ring [B]C+ Masked Mayhem d. Suicide Xtreme to advance to the finals of the tag title tourney[/B] A pre match handshake let us know that we were going to see a high flying, scientific contest and they didn't disappoint. The match lost some points due to most people figuring Masked Mayhem would win, but there were some state of the art moves during an exchange with Snap Dragon and Borne. [B]D[/B] Ted Ross hypes that we will see Des Davids get a shot at the Mid Southern Champion Darryl Devine later in the show! [B]D[/B] Marc Speed threatens Rick Sanders and promises to not only prove he's the best technical wrestler in the company, but he will also put the hurt on Sanders. [B]D Rick Sanders d. Marc Speed[/B] Started off as a technical clinic, but once Speed got frustrated, the fists flew and the cheating for advantage began. Sanders kept his head and hit a devestating German Suplex for the pin. [B]C-[/B] Ross announces that Brendon Idol is too injured to compete tonight due to Mister Blister's attack last month. Hell Monkey comes out and says that he will not forfeit the match but will take on WMD in a handicap match tonight!! [B]C- Weapons of Mass Destruction (w/ Prof Nero) d. Hell Monkey to advance to the finals[/B] Hell Monkey fought the good fight and began the match with a solid advantage, scoring some quick nearfalls. But the heels made good use of their advantage as Prof. Nero instructed them to make frequent tags. Finally worn down, Monkey fell to a combo of Mushroom Cloud and the new Jersey Turnpike. [B]C-[/B] Darryl Devine comes to ring accompanied by Mister Blister: [COLOR="Red"]"Another night, another title defense, another evening of big money, fast cars and lovely ladies. Lets get this over with"[/COLOR] [B]B+ Darryl Devine d. Des Davids to retain the Mid Southern Title[/B] Good match as Davids held his own. Devine is getting really good at selling and making his opponents seem like credible threats throughout the match, without making himself look weak. Des went for the Beantown Bomb but it was reversed into the DDD for the win. [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Stampede Scramble (09.06) 285 fans at Whiskey Sours[/SIZE][/B] --------------------------------------------------------------- [I]Tonight we see the crowning of the first ever XXCW Mid Southern Tag Team Champions!! Fans have packed Whiskey Sours for this historic event.[/I] [B]Warren Technique d. Jeremy Jazz[/B] Just a match to give these two some much needed ring time. I don't see much in the future for Jazz, but Technique is promising, especially as part of the Shooters with Lemming. Technique wrapped Jazz up in a surfboard type manuever for the submission win. [B]F[/B] Hell Monkey comes to the ring and flips off the top rope as the crowd cheers him on. Amazing he's ready to go after that brutal handicap match last month. [B]A Hell Monkey d. Leo Davis[/B] Poor Leo...he may never see a win but he can hold up his end of a lower card squash against upper card guys. At least his checks cash. Monkey was a man possessed tonight as his record as of late has been less than spotless and usually due to circumstances beyond his control. A Hellfire Kick nearly knocked Davis' teeth out. [B]D[/B] Monkey grabs the mic: [COLOR="Blue"]"I'm sick of this. I'm sick of getting so close and not coming up with what I want. Devine, get your ass out here and give me a rematch for the title right now!!"[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] A video appears on Whiskey Sours projection system and it's Mid Southern Champion Darryl Devine, sitting in a lounge chair, poolside: [COLOR="Red"]"Hey genius, up here. Yeah you may have noticed that I'm not even in the friggin' building tonight so it might be a little tough to defend my title. I took this month off to rest this perfect bod. And besides, I gave you a shot once and you came up short...heh, that's what your girlfriend said too."[/COLOR] [B]C-[/B] Backstage, John Greed offers to manage Marc Speed: [COLOR="Red"]" I think you can do something in this promotion and my mouth and my money are just what you need to put you over the top"[/COLOR] [B]E[/B] Brendon Idol returns from the attack by Mister Blister and Darryl Devine!! [B]A Brendon Idol d. Crockett Tubbs[/B] Idol certainly did not play underdog tonight. He got away with having a lesser opponent because fans were so thrilled to have him back, being that he is the hottest babyface in the promotion right now. He wins handily with an Idolizer. [B]D[/B] Idol: [COLOR="Blue"]"Devine, you sic'ed your lackey on me and I got hurt pretty badly. I could come out here and say I want to kick your ass and I want to break your leg. Honestly, I don't know if I can do that or if it would make any difference in anything...but there's one thing I can do...take that Mid Southern Title from you and pin your ass in front of these screaming Texans!![/COLOR] [B]C[/B] We see a video of Mister Blister's path of rage and destruction. Brutal stuff [B]F[/B] Ted Ross: [COLOR="Blue"]"We've got quite a dilemma here as both Hell Monkey and Brendon Idol are very deserving of title shots. Monkey has taken the champion to the limit in their one title match and Idol has pinned Devine during a tag team encounter. The XXCW Championship committee will have their work cut out for them over the next month, but be sure...Darryl Devine WILL defend the Mid Southern Title against one of these men next month!! So get your tickets early!!"[/COLOR] [B]C- Masked Mayhem d. Weapons of Mass Destruction (w/ Prof Nero) to win the Mid Southern Tag Team Titles[/B] Really innovative offenses from Elemental, Plague and Dragon. Nuclear played monster heel a little (even though he's no super big) and brutalizing the faces and then tagging Plague in for more of the wild, reckless style. Nuclear was going for a Superbomb off the top rope when Elemental grabbed his leg and Snap Dragon was able to reverse it into a top rope huracanrana for the pin and the title win!! [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: Pretty much a one match show, but it was a big one and fans really responded. More storyline oriented but that's needed every once in awhile to set up future shows.

[B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Fight or Fright (10.06) 285 fans at Whiskey Sours[/SIZE][/B] --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ted Ross interviews new XXCW signee Joey Poison: [COLOR="Blue"]"Yeah dude, I'm just happy to have a chance to make a name for myself in the States, you know."[/COLOR] Fascinating. [B]D Dark Match: Joey Poison d. Warren Technique[/B] These two pretty much made their names in Canada against each other so I thought it only fitting to put them together on Poison's debut. Unfortunately, the Texas fans could care less about their histories and weren't into the match that much. Still a good match and much better than a normal debut. Poison with the Antidote Web. [B]E[/B] We see a video of Masked Mayhem's Mid Southern Tag Team Title win and their in ring celebration after the match from last month. [B]D[/B] Ted Ross comes to the ring for the announcement all the fans have been waiting for: [COLOR="Blue"]"Over the past month, the XXCW Championship Committee has poured over results and stats and also weighed in the fans' comments and suggestions. They have decided that tonight, Darryl Devin will defend the XXCW Mid Southern Title against...."The Teen Dream" Brendon Idol!!!![/COLOR] [B]C-[/B] Hell Monkey comes to the ring and cuts a promo: [COLOR="Blue"]"Hell yeah I'm disappointed. I like Brendon a lot and think he has a great future, but this match was mine. Send out someone right now because I need to kick some ass!"[/COLOR] [B]C Hell Monkey d. Crockett Tubbs[/B] Crockett Tubbs has been complaining about not enough ring time, so here ya go sir. Squash match from a livid Hell Monkey and that Hellfire Kick keeps getting stiffer and stiffer as the months go on. [B]C-[/B] Another XXCW debut as "The Real Deal" Joss Thompson hosts an interview segment entitled, appropriately enough "The Real Deal with Joss Thompson". [COLOR="Red"]"For the past year my phone has been ringing off the hook with calls from the XXCW. 'Please Joss, come to Texas! Please, thrill us with your skills...only you can get this promotion off the ground.' While I agree with the sentiments, I don't think you deserve to see me wrestle. But I'm not totally cold hearted, so you will get to bask in my presence with my own show "The Real Deal". My first guests tonight have just formed a new union and I'm a big fan of both of their work...give it up for John Greed and Marc Speed!!"[/COLOR] [B]C-[/B] Greed and Speed talk about how they will change the face of Texas wrestling and Speed's rematch with Rick Sanders and how overrated he is. Thompson calls Sanders a joke and not even worth their time. [B]C- Marc Speed d. Rick Sanders[/B] Joss Thompson sat in on color commentary, much to Ted Ross' chagrin. Great technical match and Sanders was on his way to victory when Greed had the ref distracted. Thompson ran in and hit Sanders with the Clean Cutter and allowed Speed to score the pin. [B]C-[/B] Darryl Devine comes to the ring for his title defense: [COLOR="Red"]"Brendon Idol, you've finally made the big time. You got your title match. Unfortunately for you, you're going to find out that you don't have what it takes to hang in the ring with a talent like Mighty Fine Darryl Devine. It's back to the prelims for you."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Brendon Idol d. Darryl Devine (w/ Mister Blister) by countout; Devine retains the Mid Southern Title[/B] Devine found out that not only does Idol belong in the main events, he has what it takes to take the title. Frustrated at every turn, Devine made Idol look like a million bucks. Devine finally got so fed up with not being able to get an advantage, he walked out on the match taking a countout loss. The crowd was rabid! [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: The XXCW fans can't get enough of Idol as his popularity continues to soar. Devine is a great top heel, but he's got two drawbacks A) he's one of the most sought after pieces of indy talent going and B) because of that, his price tag is extremely high!

[B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Victorious (11.06) 285 fans at Whiskey Sours[/SIZE][/B] ------------------------------------------------------------------- Ted Ross opens tonight's show with the announcement that Hell Monkey vs. Mister Blister has been signed for Road to the Gold next month!! [B]D[/B] Joss Thompson interrupts Ross and kicks him out of the ring, because it is now time for "The Real Deal" with special guest of honor...Mark Smart??? [B]C-[/B] Thompson berates Smart for being nothing more than an [COLOR="Red"]"internet geek with no girlfriend who thought you could become a wrestler. Well, now you're a wrestler and oh yeah...you suck."[/COLOR] Smart said that at least he gets in the ring and wrestles and doesn't just talk about it. Thompson's response was to punch him dead in the face and then demand that a referee be brought into the ring... [B]E Joss Thompson d. Mark Smart[/B] Thomspon hit the Clean Cutter a few times on the limp Smart and easily pinned him. [B]E[/B] Rick Sanders makes an appearance: [COLOR="Blue"]"Wow, Joss, I'm really impressed. You can sucker punch someone and you can interfere in matches...how about you and I find out just how good a [I]wrestler[/I] you are at Road to the Gold?"[/COLOR] [B]C- Weapons of Mass Destruction d. Suicide Xtreme[/B] Nevada and Plague are a really dominant looking tag team. Plague is playing a "Sabu-like" gimmick where is stiff and reckless with his high flying moves. Borne and Maxx held their own and continue to show that they are worth investing in. [B]C-[/B] Prof. Nero gets in the ring and demands a Mid Southern Tag Title shot for his team at RttG! [B]C+[/B] Ted Ross states that he just got word about the main event for Road to the Gold and will make an announcement shortly. [B]D Tim Westybrook d. Leroy[/B] Brawl match that didn't see in the inside of the ring too much. Westybrook with the Iron Bomb. [B]D[/B] Mister Blister charges in for no particular reason at all and nails Westybrook with a Moscow Lariat after the match, knocking the big man unconcious. [B]A*[/B] Darryl Devine and Jeremy Jazz are introduced for the main event non title match. Ted Ross enters the ring: [COLOR="Blue"]"Darryl, I have word here from the XXCW Championship Committee that you will be defending the Mid Southern title at Road to the Gold in a rematch against Brendon Idol...and that match will be held inside a STEEL CAGE!!!"[/COLOR] Devine was livid, [COLOR="Red"]"How dare you come into this ring and make an announcement like that right before my important match with...uh, you know....this guy over here"[/COLOR] [B]C- Darryl Devine d. Jeremy Jazz in a non title match[/B] Jazz started off strong by taking advantage of a preoccupied Devine, but the champ shortly regained control and took it with the DDD. [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]D[/B] Notes: Some decent matches tonight, but it was the overall "show" that was the real story. A little too storyline intensive for a paid, live show and felt a little too much like a TV show in my opinion. I should have booked a more solid anchor match. Either way though, fans seem hyped about Road to the Gold next month.

[SIZE="3"][B]XXCW Road to the Gold II[/B][/SIZE] Don't miss the biggest event of the wrestling year as the second annual ROAD TO THE GOLD takes place the last Saturday in December at the World Famous Whiskey Sours ([SIZE="1"]tm[/SIZE]) [B]In the main event, to be held inside a 15' high steel cage and for the XXCW Mid Southern Title!![/B] "Mighty Fine" Darryl Devine (c) vs. Brendon Idol [B] For the Mid Southern Tag Team Titles[/B] Masked Mayhem (c) vs. Weapons of Mass Destruction (w/ Prof. Nero) [B]Grudge Match!![/B] Hell Monkey vs. Mister Blister [B]Special Challenge!![/B] Rick Sanders vs. Joss Thompson Also featured... The Shooters, Suicide Xtreme, Marc Speed, Des Davids and much much more!!!

In the main event, to be held inside a 15' high steel cage and for the XXCW Mid Southern Title!! "Mighty Fine" Darryl Devine (c) vs. [B]Brendon Idol[/B] [I]Love the way you're pushing Idol[/I] For the Mid Southern Tag Team Titles [B]Masked Mayhem (c)[/B] vs. Weapons of Mass Destruction (w/ Prof. Nero) [I]Too soon for a change. And I liked masked guys... dunno why.[/I] Grudge Match!! [B]Hell Monkey[/B] vs. Mister Blister [I]Talent over size![/I] Special Challenge!! Rick Sanders vs. [B]Joss Thompson[/B] [I]Sanders is quite dull as a wrestler and character IMO, and he's getting old.[/I]

[QUOTE=shipshirt]Devine is a great top heel, but he's got two drawbacks A) he's one of the most sought after pieces of indy talent going and B) because of that, his price tag is extremely high![/QUOTE] Well, have more Mister Blister attacks on every show and that will send your overness through the roof and then you will get enough money to pay for that kind of pricetag.

[SIZE="3"][B]XXCW Road to the Gold II (12.06) 300 fans at Whiskey Sours[/B][/SIZE] -------------------------------------------------------------- [I]Whiskey Sours was SOLD OUT tonight and turned away people at the door. We had to move the show to the back area to accomodate the steel cage set up. [/I] [B] Dark Match: Joey Poison d. K-Squared[/B] K-Squared is a recent import from Canada's CGC promotion. So we have a North of the Border flavor for tonight's dark match. Good action and K-Squared kept up with Poison and looked good doing so. Poison with the Antidote Web [B]E[/B] Mister Blister runs out and destroys BOTH MEN as the crowd roars!! [B]A* Dark Match: The Shooters d. Suicide Xtreme[/B] These two young teams are engaged in a hotly contested series of matches and interest is starting to pick up little by little. Flemmy wrapped up Maxx in the Suicide Solution (ironic) for the tap out. [B]E[/B] Now it's time for the main show to start and Ted Ross welcomes the fans and introduces Des Davids for the first match [B]B[/B] As Davids makes his way to the ring, Leroy charges from the back and jumps him. Security pulls him off before any damage is done and Davids states that he still wants his match tonight [B]F Marc Speed (w/ John Greed) d. Des Davids[/B] Both of these men have been a disappointment and are commanding a pretty high paycheck...to high for what they're producing. Decent opening match with Davids brawling a lot. Speed grabbed the tights on a reverse rollup for the win. [B]D[/B] Joss Thompson makes his way to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Rick Sanders, I'm going to grace you tonight by allowing you into my spotlight. Maybe some of my charisma will get on you by osmosis. Enjoy the rub"[/COLOR] [B]C- Joss Thompson d. Rick Sanders[/B] Decisive win for the young Thompson as he could be one of the top heels in the promotion in short time. He's got the skills and the charisma to do big things in the States. Sanders has been amazing in helping this new generation get over and improve and he's been worth his high pricetag, although his XXCW career is closing rapidly (for now). Thompson with the Clean Cutter. [B]C-[/B] Mister Blister makes yet another appearance and runs into attack Sanders as he is recovering from the previous match' finish. Blister tosses him to the outside [B]A*[/B] Hell Monkey's music hits and he makes his way to the ring to get things started!! [B]C Hell Monkey d. Mister Blister in a Street Fight after outside interference from Tim Westybrook[/B] Great brawl and one of the top matches of the night!! Wild stuff compacted into 5 minutes. Westybrook came out of the crowd to avenge his attack at Victorious and hit a massive Iron Bomb on Blister to set up Hell Monkey's Monkey Tumble for the win! [B]C[/B] Westybrook is not done yet as he proceeds to throw mounted bunches at the giant Russian as officials and security get involved one more time! [B]D[/B] Prof Nero is backstage with Nevada and Plague: [COLOR="Red"]"Tonight you will see history as my soldiers go into battle to not only take the Mid Southern Tag Titles, but also DESTROY American Elemental and Snap Dragon. I will not be happy until they are broken and bloody in a heap!!"[/COLOR] [B]B+ Masked Mayhem d. Weapons of Mass Destruction to retain the Mid Southern Tag Team Titles[/B] Some backstage issues (see "Notes") caused the finish to this match be changed at the last minute. When Plague is in the ring with either Snap or American, there are some high impact, innovative offensive moves. A singles series between any of them should blow the roof off the place. Nevada is really picking up steam as well. Great match as the Masked champions retain the belts. [B]C Darryl Devine comes to the ring for the main event as they're setting up the cage: [COLOR="Red"]"Did you really think this was going to be an advantage Brendon? This cage? You just pissed me off is all you did and now you'll pay. I'm gonna push your pretty face through this cage like it was a Play Doh Fun Factory!"[/COLOR][/B] [B]C+[/B] Brendon Idol is announced and the fans go nuts!! [B]A Brendon Idol pins Darryl Devin inside a Steel Cage to win the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] Match of the night as Devine started off brutalizing Idol and tossing him around the cage. Idol's selling and bumping was incredibly realistic. Idol ended up battering ramming Devine's face into the cage knocking him for a loop. Idol then ascended the cage and hit the Idolizer 450 Splash from the TOP OF THE CAGE!! 1-2-3 and we have a new champion as the crowd chants his name!!! [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Show of the year at first glance, but I'll have to go back through the history to determine the actual winner in the next updates Year End Awards. Incredible show and the top three matches surpassed all expectation. Plague and Nevada Nuclear had a falling out behind the scenes and seriously dislike each other. The decision was made last minute to not put the titles on them as originally planned. Nero will still keep both men in his stable as both are natural heels and work well with him, but they most likely will only team at a premium.

Archived