XXCW: Wrestling The Way You Like It (A Cornellverse Diary)

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Shotgun![/SIZE][/B] episode 1 (03.08) 233 fans at The Simmons Center, Southwest -------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [I]It's a big day for XXCW as we delve into the fast-paced, exciting world of a midnite, mid-week slot on local cable access! We've already hit a major snag as Prof Nero, XXCW's owner and only road agent, has a prior commitment with SWF on Tuesday nights and will not be at ANY of the tapings. Samoan Machine will have to handle Road Agent duties tonight.[/I] Ted Ross is mid-ring: [COLOR="Blue"]"Ladies and gentlemen, good evening and welcome to the debut of XXCW Shotgun! We've got a huge main event for you tonight as XXCW Mid Southern Champion Hell Monkey will defend that title agains the Canadian Freakazoid...Joey Poison!![/COLOR] [B]D[/B] Nevada Nuclear comes to the ring solo: [COLOR="Red"]"What better way to start off the television show than with the Radioactive Wrecking Machine Nevada Nuclear. I'm sick of sitting in the background. From now on I'm front and center and I'm gonna shine!"[/COLOR] [B]C Nevada Nuclear d. "Lumberjack" Cal Sanders[/B] Squash match to get Nuclear over. Sanders is a good friend of Joey Poison so we'll use him for some opening match jobs and see what happens. Nuclear with the Mushroom Cloud. [B]D[/B] A video is show to hype a new tag team coming to XXCW...former MAW Tag Team Champions Mainstream Hernandez and Erik Strong...CALL TO ACTION!! [B]B+ Art Reed d. Warren Technique[/B] Reed looked great here and carried Technique to the best match on the show. Reed is so smooth in the ring and fans are taking to him. Technique succumbed to the Dread Lock [B]C[/B] Joss Thompson comes to the ring for a promo: [COLOR="Red"]"Oh yeah oh yeah it's Mr. Ratings, Joss Thompson. American Elemental, I'm gonna show you why they call me The Real Deal and send you back to the tag division where you belong."[/COLOR] [B]C- American Elemental d. Joss Thompson[/B] Disappointing match as I was expecting at least a C-. Thompson has hit a little snag in getting over and I'll need to refocus his push again. Elemental looks good and should be in line for some title shots. Elemental won with the flying huracanrana [B]D[/B] Ted Ross announces that The Samoan Wrecking Crew will defend the Mid Southern Tag Titles next week against Suicide Xtreme!! [B]F Hell Monkey d. Joey Poison to retain the Mid Southern Title[/B] I was expecting this to be the match of the night, but it was stilll pretty good. Monkey sold for Poison and Joey got a few close near falls, one coming after the Antidote Web. Posion went for a German Suplex but Monkey hit a Hellfire Pele style kick to the face and wrapped him up for the pin. Good match [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: This show had the dual benefit of raising our popularity in the Southwest where it took place and also maintaining the popularity of the company in the Mid South where it airs. Unfortunately, there's no way to afford doing it this way for the entire month, so next week will be broadcast from New Mexico Armory in Mid South. The Prof. Nero issue is a HUGE problem for us...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]XXCW Shotgun![/SIZE][/B] ep. #2 (03.08) 1,000 fans at New Mexico Armory -------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [I]We're back at our home base for the second taping in this trial television series. We only got 100 viewers for the first episode and estimations are that our viewership is maxxed out! [/I] Ted Ross welcomes fans to the show and announces that tonight's main event will be a grudge match between Brendon Idol and Dominion stalwart Plague. [B]C-[/B] Mainstream Hernandez and Erik Strong warm up for their XXCW debut! [B]B[/B] Flemmy Lemming and Warren Technique come to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Call to Action? What the hell kind of name is that?? It's going to be more like Call the Hospital when I lock on the Suicide Solution!"[/COLOR] [B]D Call to Action d. The Shooters[/B] Nice debut for CtA as they came out of the gate. They are playing a goofy babyface team that can turn up the intensity when it calls for it. Lemming looked great and worked over Strong's legs, making frequent tags and getting a lot of heat on him. Mainstream got the hot tag and nailed a Fever Beat DDT on Warren for the pin. [B]D[/B] We are treated to clips of the vigorous workout of Frankie Perez and Tim Westybrook...the team now known as No Nonsense. [B]D[/B] Randy Maxx and Geoff Borne are stretching for their Mid Southern Tag Title shot coming up next after the break! [B]C Samoan Wrecking Crew (w/ John Greed) d. Suicide Xtreme to retain the Mid Southern Tag Titles[/B] A dominant performance by the tag team champions. Borne and Maxx got in some nice quick double team moves but were just overwhelmed by the Samoans. Machine hit a thunderous Samoan Driver for the win [B]D[/B] A video airs of Art Reed talking about how badly he wants the Mid Southern Title: [COLOR="Blue"]"I've faced Hell Monkey in territories all over the country, DAVE...USPW and now right here in XXCW. He's ran from me all over the country but no more. I want that title and I'm going to put it all on the line to get it."[/COLOR] [B]C Plague d. Brendon Idol[/B] Fantastic match between these two. Plague just beat the hell out of Idol but he kept showing fire and coming back. After a ref bump, Plague went to the outside for a chair and used it to soften Idol up for the Jersey Turnpike. [B]C[/B] As the show was wrapping up Ted Ross stated that he just got news on next week's main event: Plague and Hell Monkey vs. Art Reed and Brendon Idol!! Don't miss it!!! [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: We got a huge sellout crowd but holding the shows in the Mid South are defeating the purpose since the show is only shown in the Mid South. Add in the fact that Nero can't even be here for the shows and the idea for television doesn't seem like a viable prospect right now. This business plan is going to have to be re-evaluated.

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]XXCW Shotgun![/SIZE][/B] ep. #3 (03.08) 1000 fans at New Mexico Armory --------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [I]The economy, once booming, is on a sharp decline. We'll have to see how this affects attendance coming up.[/I] The show opens with a video highlighting Call to Action and zaniness ensues. [B]B+[/B] Joey Poison: [COLOR="Blue"]"Flemmy Lemming, you do the job so much you should sell advertising on the bottom of your boots."[/COLOR] [B]C- Joey Poison d. Flemmy Lemming[/B] Poison's prediction came true. Well worked match that saw Lemming work a lot of mat holds. Poison reversed a shortarm scissors into a pinning combo for the win. Good match that went about 15 minutes [B]D[/B] Hell Monkey and Plague get ready for their match. [B]C+[/B] Art Reed and Brendon Idol are backstage. Reed has a special message for Hell Monkey: [COLOR="Blue"]"Hell Monkey, I've finally got you in the ring. I'm going to show you and show the world why I should be the #1 contender for the Mid Southern Title"[/COLOR] [B]B+ Art Reed and Brendon Idol d. Hell Monkey & Plague[/B] Awesome 20 minute match. Idol played "Ricky Morton" and got some color after some stiff beatings from the heels. When Reed got into the ring, Hell Monkey tagged out. Reed and Plague had an awesome exchange and Monkey refused to tag in, causing Plague to succumb to the Dark Matter for the loss. [B]C+[/B] As Reed and Idol celebrate, Hell Monkey Pearl Harbors them and lays both men out with a chair. He then lays the chair on Reed and nails the Tumbling Monkey and leaves them laying. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Really strong show to set up Fortune & Glory's Main Event title match between Reed and Monkey. Unfortunately, having the TV show isn't working out financially and we've approached Mid South Cable Access about cancelling the show after next week. We're going to have to change our approach slightly for the moment and go to a two show a month schedule... a spot show in the South West to bump up overness there and the big monthly show in the Mid South. Next week's television main event is Frankie Perez vs. Samoan Machine.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]XXCW Shotgun![/SIZE][/B]\ ep #4 (03.08) 1,000 fans at New Mexico Armory --------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [I]I've you've been taping the past three XXCW tv shows, better save those tapes....they may become collector's items one day as the failed television attempt of Double Cross Championship Wrestling. Not to mention, with a peak of 100 viewers, there won't be many in circulation :)[/I] Ted Ross thanks the fans for their support and announces that the trial run for XXCW Shotgun! has ended. He also announces that Art Reed vs. Hell Monkey for the Mid Southern Title has been signed for Fortune & Glory! [B]C American Elemental d. Chance[/B] Soldier of Fortune Chance is considered retired but he came in to do a few spots for XXCW as a favor to Prof. Nero. Elemental looked good and Chance's overness in the Mid South should give AE a little boost to the main event level. [B]C-[/B] We see a video on Art Reed and some highlights from last week's main event tag match. [B]C+ Nevada Nuclear d. Snap Dragon[/B] Good match between two young top talents. Nuclear has really been stepping his game up a notch since going pretty much solo exclusively. Dragon has been showing signs of greatness as well. Nuclear reversed a flying cross body into a powerslam for the win. [B]C-[/B] John Greed promises that Samoan Machine will make Frankie Perez tap out! [B]D Frankie Perez d. Samoan Machine by DQ after Rhino Umaga interfered[/B] This was a match that Southwestern fans would love to see. Good stiff match that was over a little too soon as Rhino charged the ring. Westybrook ran out as well, prompting a four man brawl to end the show and Shotgun's short TV run. [B]D[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: What can you say? You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, and all that. We'll be back on TV soon enough, but I think the main focus should be on popping some of the other territories a bit so we can snag a wider coverage.

[SIZE="3"][B]XXCW Fortune & Glory (03.08) 675 fans at New Mexico Armory[/B][/SIZE] ----------------------------------------------------------------- [I]After our failed attempt at a TV show, XXCW is back where it belongs with the monthly show at the New Mexico Armory. Fans are buzzing about the Hell Monkey-Art Reed title match tonight![/I] Ted Ross opens the show with new color commentator Ben "Bump Machine" Willaims: [COLOR="Blue"]"Ben, I think we'd have to go back as far as the first Hell Monkey-Darryl Devine title match to pick a bout that is more highly anticipated than the one we have tonight. Art Reed came into XXCW and has really taken over in short time. Many fans are saying this could be the night Hell Monkey's regin comes to an end."[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] Call to Action (Mainstream Hernandez and Erik Strong) are backstage and prepping for their match [B]B+ Call to Action d. The Score[/B] The Score isn't really improving much despite having great chemistry as a team. In their defense, I haven't really gone out of my way to push them either. Mainstream is being touted as a future star and a run as a top tag team should help that out. [B]D[/B] Joss Thompson comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"American Elemental, a few week's back on Shotgun! you embarrassed me. You beat me but we both know it was a total fluke. I'm better than you Elemental, we all know that. Hell, that fat guy with the "I Heart Sluts" t-shirt in the third row knows it. Get your ass out here so I can prove what I already know!"[/COLOR] [B]C- American Elemental d. Joss Thompson[/B] American Elemental is in the midst of a good push as a singles wrestler and really stepping up. Thompson is "right" there and close to a C- in popularity (pretty much my pre req for main event matches). Unfortunately he's so good on the stick that sometimes he takes losses because he can get his heat back with a promo. AE reversed a Clean Cutter into a Frankensteiner for the win. [B]C[/B] Ted Ross and Ben Williams hype the Mid Southern Tag Title match upcoming: [COLOR="Blue"]"Only together a short time, the team of No Nonsense has really gelled quickly. They get their first title shot tonight and look to be stiff competition (pun intended) for the Samoan Wrecking Crew"[/COLOR] [B]C+ The Samoan Wrecking Crew (w/ John Greed) d. No Nonsense to retain the Mid Southern Tag Team Titles[/B] Both Samoan Machine and Frankie Perez' chests were glowing red from all of the hard, stiff chops in this one. Rhino and Westybrook had some nice power exchanges as well and the newly formed team really took it to the champs, leaving nothing on the table. Machine hit a Samoan Driver on Perez and followed it right up with the Unbreakable Sleeper for the win. The SWC definitely knew they'd been in a fight as they walked from the ring. [B]C-[/B] Prof. Nero is backstage with Hell Monkey: [COLOR="Red"]"Art Reed, people call you a pure athelete. They say that no one can compare with your natural athletic gifts. They...are wrong. You say Hell Monkey has avoided you in USPW and DAVE and that you came here, where he is champion, to finally get your match. What happens when you lose tonight Reed? What then? Will you turn around with your tail between your legs and run home? Once Hell Monkey has humbled you where will you go then?"[/COLOR] [B]B- Hell Monkey d. Art Reed to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] Great match and already a MOTY contender. These two went all out and even called it in the ring. Reed had Monkey at a disadvantage at some points in the match and scored about 14 near-falls in the entire bout. Hell Monkey would not be denied though and after Prof. Nero managed to distract Reed a bit, he took advantage with a springboard HellFire Kick for the pin. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: The theme of tonight's show seemed to be of younger workers giving all they have and just falling short of the ultimate goal. Perez, Westybrook and Reed will all be back in the title hunt soon though as they showed they definitely have the hearts of champions. This show was stacked and I was thrilled with how it turned out. Next month we're going to start booking a very small show in the Southwest the second week of the month and then the big monthly Armory show here in the Mid South. I figure I can absorb some of the costs of the small show until that territory gets up and running in overness.

[CENTER][SIZE="7"][B]XXCW Breaking News!!![/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]Prof. Nero sells Double Cross Championship Wrestling to Jackie Dugan[/SIZE] [IMG]http://www.monsteryou.com/blog/blog60/jackie1_100805.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/ace-face.JPG[/IMG][/CENTER] Citing overwhelming demands on his time placed by his Road Agent duties with the SWF as well as a desire to take it easy and not have the concerns of owning a small company, [B]Professor Mycroft Nero[/B] has decided to sell Double Cross Championship Wrestling. Taking over the promotion will be none other than Texas indie legend [B]Jackie Dugan[/B] (pictured left). Dugan had done some work with DAVE and MAW recently and was thrilled at the prospect of owning his own company, located in his back yard: "I think what Nero did in bringing wrestling back to Texas was amazing. He did what so many have tried and failed to do. Now I want to take the company and build it to be a force in professional wrestling. He laid the groundwork and all I can do is try my best to build on that." Dugan brings a no-nonsense, hard edged approach to the business and will focus on talent first. He is also bringing best friend, tag team partner and sometimes heated rival [B]Ace Hazzard[/B] (pictured right) along for the ride. There will be some changes to the roster, but the main players will most likely stay in place. John Keating will remain head booker for the promotion. There is no word yet if Dugan will wrestle or have an on air role with the promotion. It has been said that Nero will still work as a manager and road agent on shows he is booked on and close out the Dominion storyline if need be. More news as it happens. For more informatio on both Dugan and Hazzard please check out [URL="http://www.60minutebroadway.com"]their website[/URL] [SIZE="3"][I]This just in!!! Professor Nero has accepted a full time position with the SWF and will be leaving XXCW permanantly. This will be addressed at April's [B]Desperate Times, Desperate Measures[/B] which should be one of the most newsworthy shows in XXCW's history!! Don't miss it![/I][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][B]XXCW Desperate Times, Desperate Measures (04.08) 1,000 fans at New Mexico Armory[/SIZE][/B] ---------------------------------------------------------------- [I]With XXCW under new ownership, what lay in store for Texas' hometown promotion? We'll get answers tonight![/I] [B]Dark Match: Erik Strong d. Flemmy Lemming[/B] Just a basic opening match between two decent young talents. Strong hits the Shooting Star for the win. [B]E[/B] Ted Ross opens the main show and states that Ben Williams can not be here tonight. In his place, Joss Thompson will be providing color commentary. The ystate that that there will be a HUGE announcement tonight regarding the power structure in XXCW. [B]C-[/B] We see a pre-taped video of Rick Douglas and Steven "Future" Parker...the A* Alliance: [COLOR="Red"]"We were watching TV a few weeks ago and we see Call to Action on XXCW television. Are you kidding? You scout talent in MAW and you hire them? We're here to show you how overrated they are and what a mistake you made. We are the future of the XXCW tag team division."[/COLOR] [B]E[/B] Remmy Skye and Joey Poison, the team of Strange Daze, warm up in the ring [B]C+ The A* Alliance d. Strange Daze[/B] Decently worked match although, since the crowd doesn't know much about Douglas and Parker, they weren't that into it. Poison and Skye make an interesting team and this has to be considered a big upset win for the heel team. [B]E[/B] Art Reed comes to the ring to a huge ovation: [COLOR="Blue"]"Last month, I took Hell Monkey to the limit. Pushed him further than he's ever been pushed in his entire career. I was this close to the Mid Southern title, the first singles title ever in my career...and I lost. Nero you had to get involved to save your client's skin. Fine, well tonight I have an offer for you. I am demanding a rematch and I am prepared to put up my XXCW career to get it. That's right, your title vs. this (he holds up his contract). I'll rip it up after the match if you can beat me Hell Monkey"[/COLOR] [B]C+ Snap Dragon d. Ace Hazzard[/B] Good 15 minute match as Hazzard makes his XXCW debut. Dragon looked like a star, flying around the ring with state of the art offense. Hazzard, approaching 40, works a much more grounded old school style. Great action and Dragon takes it with the Dragon's Breath. [B]C[/B] Joss Thompson goes on a tirade about Snap Dragon: [COLOR="Red"]"All I keep hearing about is Snap Dragon this, Snap Dragon that. He's so innovative, future of the business...whatever. This guys is one of the most overrated wrestlers I've ever seen. Mark my words, he'll be wrestling mid card for his whole career."[/COLOR] [B]C-[/B] Now for the big announcement. Ted Ross gets into the ring and announces that there is a NEW XXCW COMMISSIONER. Please welcome....JACKIE DUGAN!!!!! Dugan, a legend in Texas, gets a standing ovation! [COLOR="Blue"]"Thank you, thank you very much. It's true...I'm the new head of XXCW. I'm the law and that's much needed because for too long this place was like the Old West. Outlaws and gunslingers ruling the roost...well, that's about to end. Art Reed, I like your spirit, son. I like what you stand for and I'm going to honor your request and the stipulation you laid on the table. But I got one more wrinkle to throw in...for you Hell Monkey. Reed's right, Nero has been helping you out for your reign. So if you lose, you not only lose the Mid Southern title...Prof. Nero, you will be FIRED!! Referee, ring that bell and lets get this match started NOW!"[/COLOR] [B]B+ Art Reed d. Hell Monkey (w/ Prof. Nero) for the XXCW Mid Southern Title; Prof. Nero is fired from XXCW[/B] A fantastic match, even better than their match last month. This 30 minute classic had a lot of drama and they teased that Nero would once again cost Reed the title and his XXCW contract, but in the end Reed slapped on the Dread Lock for the tap out and the title!! [B]C+[/B] Art Reed went into the crowd to celebrate as the audience chanted "Na Na Na Na Goodbye" at Nero as the security dragged him out of the arena. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: We had a lot of loose ends to tie up in the 90 minute show and I was really happy with how it came off. Reed should be a great strong babyface champion and a series with Monkey, as well as Plague and other XXCW wrestlers should be off the charts. In other news... Mister Blister has decided to leave the company as well. The Samoan Wrecking Crew return from their Japanese tour next month!

[SIZE="3"][B]SWF On Tour! (May) 246 fans at The Simmons Center in the South West[/B][/SIZE] -------------------------------------------------------------------- [I]XXCW returns to the South West and the Simmons Center for the first time since their initial TV taping of Shotgun! We're trying to pop this territory up some and then will move outside to others in our quest for national (or at least Cult) expansion![/I] Joss Thompson opens the show with a promo: [COLOR="Red"]"That's right, lock up the ladies and bar the doors because Joss "Real Deal" Thompson is here in the Simmons Center. You're going to be seeing a lot of me, so you might as well get used to it."[/COLOR] [B]C Joss Thompson d. Joey Poison[/B] Decent little match, but no one really had much knowledge of either man. Thompson should be MS Champion at some point, he's got all the tools. He just needs that little "oomph" to get him over the hurdle. Poison was solid as always. [B]E[/B] Suicide Xtreme warms up for their XXCW Mid Southern Tag Team Title challenge against the Samoan Wrecking Machine [B]C[/B] John Greed leads his tag team champions to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Randy Maxx, Geoff Borne...you two don't know when to quit do you? I've told you once and I'll tell you again, the Samoan Machine and Rhino Umaga are unstoppable. Hey, it's your funerals"[/COLOR] [B]C+ The SWC (w/ John Greed) d. Suicide Xtreme to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Tag Titles[/B] Surprisingly competitive match as the Samoans gave the youngsters some nice offense and hope spots. Borne showed a lot of fire fighting out of a Machine submission attempt. In the end, it was too much and the champions retained. [B]C-[/B] Flemmy Lemming is announced: [COLOR="Red"]"It's about time the idiots who run this company give Flemmy Lemming a title shot. I'm the greatest shooter this sport has ever seen. I'm going to take your title Reed, right on your very first defense and I'm gonna make you tap out to do it."[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] Art Reed is introduced to a big cheer: [COLOR="Blue"]"I want to thank all of you fans for this. This is the first singles title of my career and it means so much to me."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Art Reed d. Flemmy Lemming to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] This match went 30 minutes and the crowd totally bought Lemming as a title contender. Lemming worked some really intricate submission holds and Reed kept fighting out from them. Reed ended up winning with his own submission move, the Dread Lock to retain the title. The crowd gave both men a standing ovation after the match. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Not a bad showing for our first "house show" in the South West. If we keep it up like this once a month, we could have this as a full fledged money making area in a year. Jackie Dugan was on hand to agent the matches, but decided to stay out of the ring.

[SIZE="3"][B]XXCW Aim to Misbehave (05.08) 820 fans at New Mexico Armory[/B][/SIZE] --------------------------------------------------------------------- [I]Last month's show saw a major shakeup in XXCW. Jackie Dugan took over the company, Art Reed won the Mid Southern Title and Prof. Nero left the company...all in the course of 90 minutes!!! How will all of these events shake out? We hope to get some answers tonight![/I] Jackie Dugan comes out to a huge ovation: [COLOR="Blue"]"I told you last month that things were going to change around here and I think you know now that I'm a man of my word. It's my extreme pleasure to introduce to you...the NEW XXCW Mid Southern Champion....Art Reed!!!"[/COLOR] Reed comes to the ring to a standing ovation: [COLOR="Blue"]"Thanks, thank you very much! I worked my ass off my entire career and finally I can say I'm a champion. I can't think of a better title to win as my first one than the Mid Southern title in front of all of you---"[/COLOR] [B]B-[/B] Hell Monkey's music hits and interrupts Reed's promo. He comes to the ring, glares at Jackie Dugan and gets right in Reed's face:[COLOR="Red"]"Look, we all know last month was a fluke. Dugan wanted to get rid of me as champion because he couldn't control me so he stacked the deck. I want a rematch tonight!!"[/COLOR] Reed accepts and Jackie makes the match right then and there for the main event!! [B]C+[/B] Flemmy Lemming comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"I'm tired of being overlooked and underpushed. I'm tired of people thinking that Flemmy Lemming is a joke. I'm the best submission wrestler in this company and in the world and I'm going to start breaking arms and making people tap out."[/COLOR] [B]D Flemmy Lemming d. Randy Maxx[/B] Not a good match at all. The crowd isn't really into either guy, but we're determined to get Lemming going as a singles wrestler since Warren Technigue has left the company. Maxx hasn't come along as we hoped, despite some good tag matches against the SWC. Lemming with the Suicide Solution. [B]F[/B] John Greed cuts a promo hyping his match with Tim Westybrook: [COLOR="Red"]"That's right, the Eighth Deadly Sin is stepping in the ring tonight. I'm going to deal with this No Nonsense nuisance myself because the SWC has other business with Call to Action. Tonight, Westybrook, you are going to learn that "money talks"."[/COLOR] [B]C- Tim Westybrook d. John Greed[/B] Westybrook is so dominant in his matches. He tossed Greed around like a rag doll and Greed sold like a million bucks. Greed tried to hit his "money Talks" finisher (unprettier) but Westybrook powered out. A whip into the ropes and an Iron Bomb finishes the match. [B]C[/B] Call to Action stretches and warms up for their big Mid Southern Title shot! [B]B The Samoan Wrecking Crew d. Call to Action by countout[/B] No John Greed at ringside as he was still selling his match with Westybrook. Call to Action tried some comedy spots early on but the Samoans weren't having it. Once Mainstream and Strong settled into wrestling, they actually held their own against the champions. About 10 minutes in, Rick Douglas and Steven Parker ran out and attacked Call to Action, causing them to be counted out. [B]C-[/B] After the bell, the A* Alliance enters the ring and beats on Call to Action, hitting a stuff piledriver on Erik Strong before officials can clear the ring. [B]F Art Reed d. Hell Monkey by DQ to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] Another state of the art athletic contest between the two. Reed had the Dread Lock applied and ready to finish the match when Plague and Nevada Nuclear charged the ring and laid a beating into the champion. [B]C+[/B] As Reed was suffering a 3-1 beating, BRENDON IDOL and AMERICAN ELEMENTAL charged the ring and made the save!!! [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Good show. I'd like to rebuild Flemmy into a credible singles wrestler but that's going to take some time. After his great match with Art Reed earlier this month at the Simmons Center, he proved he can be a valuable hand.

[SIZE="3"][B]XXCW On Tour!![/SIZE] (week 2, 06.08) 260 fans at The Simmons Center in South West[/B] ------------------------------------------------- The show opens with XXCW newcomer Brent Hill walking to the ring. Hill addresses the crowd: [B]"Some of you may know who I am, some may not. I guarantee you that very very soon, everyone will know the name "The Complete Package" Brent Hill"[/B] [B]C-[/B] Hill is in the ring with opponent Geoff Borne and extends his hand in a show of respect. Borne reaches to shake and instead receives a slap across the face as Hill smirks. [B]D Brent Hill d. Geoff Borne[/B] Hill is an amazing technical wrestler and a future series with people like Steve Flash and Art Reed should be a workrate fan's dream. He beat Borne with the Top of the Hill (superplex). [B]C-[/B] Snap Dragon warns Joss Thompson: [COLOR="Blue"]"I keep hearing how you're talking smack about me Thompson. I don't know what your problem is, but you better watch your mouth"[/COLOR] [B]C- Snap Dragon d. Ace Hazzard[/B] Dragon has main eventer written all over him and is a big favorite when XXCW tours the South West. Hazzard needs to be built up and get his character over as we've been using him to put everyone else over. Dragon's Breath for the pin in a very competitive match. [B]C[/B] American Elemental: [COLOR="Blue"]Plague, you and I have gone up and down the road together. Tag team wars over the belts, singles matches...tonight I'm going to show these Simmons Center fans why American Elemental is the hottest thing in pro wrestling."[/COLOR] [B]C Plague d. American Elemental[/B] Note to self *need to find Plague a mouthpiece*. Solid match although a notch below Dragon-Hazzard. Plague always looks like he about to kill himself and his opponents with his manuevers. He should be in line for some Mid Southern Title shots. [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: Good "spot show" and our overness in the southwest increases. Once we get up some, I'll negotiate again for TV and see if I can get a show that covers a few regions. Signed and announced for All Hell's A-Comin': Plague, Nevada Nuclear, Hell Monkey vs. Art Reed, Brendon Idol, American Elemental

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG] [B]XXCW All Hell's A-Comin' (06.08) 485 fans at the XXCW Arena (formerly New Mexico Armory)[/B] ---------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [B]Dark Match: "Complete Package" Brent Hill d. Randy Maxx[/B] Hill looked great again in this squash dark match. He's very smooth on the mat and his top of the hill german superplex is pretty awe inspiring. [B]C- Dark Match: Samoan Machine d. "Bump Machine" Ben Williams[/B] Williams jumped in the ring for a little pre show match before attending to his color commentary duties. He earned the name Bump Machine tonight as SM just bounced him around the ring. Machine, one half of the Mid Southern Tag Champions, has a huge singles career waiting in the wings for him. [B]C-[/B] The regular show (now available on DVD!!) starts as XXCW Commissioner Jackie Dugan makes his way to the ring to a huge pop: [COLOR="Blue"]"Tonight I have a first in the history of XXCW, but first...how you like our new logo?? OK, that outta the way...in one ring in the first ever XXCW 6 Man tag match we will see Nevada Nuclear, Plague and Hell Monkey team up to take on....American Elemental, Brendon Idol and Mid South Champion Art Reed!! Call the neighbors and put the kids to bed, this one is gonna get wild!"[/COLOR] [B]C Call to Action d. The A* Alliance[/B] The two imports from MAW finally get a chance to battle it out in an XXCW after a few months of hype. Not a bad match but the crowd isn't that familiar with them and their issue. Call to Action play a great joking babyface team and we'll have to showcase that with some backstage vignettes. They play well off the super serious Douglas and Parker. Mainstream wins with the Apparition #14. [B]D[/B] Joss Thompson comes to the ring for his match: [COLOR="Red"]"Snap Dragon, I hear you bitching and moaning to whomever will listen...Joss Thomspon is saying mean things about me, he's teasing me, he doesn't like the my pretty new mask! Grow a set, man! The Real Deal only speaks the truth and that is...well, you're just not very good."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Joss Thompson d. Joey Poison[/B] These two work really well together and I'd like to move Poison up the card, but there's only so many shows and so many slots. Thompson got out of the Antidote Web by using the ropes and then hit a low blow to set up the Clean Cutter for the win. [B]C-[/B] A video aired with Ace Hazzard sitting in the locker room: [COLOR="Blue"]"You might know me, you might not. My name is Ace Hazzard and for the past 15 years of my career I was a jobber. An enhancement guy. Stuck in there to have a good match and make someone else look good. It's a nice way of saying that I lose for a living. I'm was a professional loser. Not anymore. I'm here in XXCW to make my mark. For years I went through the motions and just cashed my checks...not anymore. This company, these fans are so passionate about XXCW that they made me remember why I got into this business in the first place. They showed me the passion I had lost long ago. And now, to make it up to them, I'm going to show them the same passion and kick some ass. My name is Ace Hazzard...'nuff said" [/COLOR] [B]C-[/B] John Greed is backstage: [COLOR="Red"]"Westybrook, how dare you beat John Greed. You want to try and embarass me like that? You and your partner Frankie Perez should have known to leave well enough alone, but you couldn't. Now it's payback time. At Summer Blockbuster, I'm going to give you what you want...a rematch with The Samoan Wrecking Crew for the titles because I can't wait to see you laying bloody and broken. You know what they say, better watch out what you wish for...you're gonna get it"[/COLOR] [B]C- Plague, Hell Monkey & Nevada Nuclear d. Brendon Idol, American Elemental & Art Reed[/B] Dugan wasn't kidding earlier...this was a wild affair. It took about 10 minutes just for the match to settle into a one on one affair. Non stop action and the crowd was on their feet the entire 20 minute match. Nuclear looked dominant and is being groomed for some main event matches coming up. Monkey ended up scoring the pin on Reed after a double team, setting up their "Final Battle" at Summer Blockbuster. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Really strong show with top notch matches. Ace Hazzard pulled out one of the best promos seen here and we've finally figured out what to do with him. He could be huge. Reed vs. Monkey in a cage for the Mid Southern Title has been signed for Summer Blockbuster. This will be a "Final Battle" match meaning that no matter the outcome, these two can not face off in the ring for at least 6 months.

[B]SWF On Tour (week 2, July 2008) 228 fans at The Simmons Center in South West[/B] ------------------------------------------------------------------ [B]Steve Flash d. Remmy Skye[/B] The two fan favorites shake hands before the match in a show of respect. This is Flash's debut in XXCW and he didn't disappoint. Skye hasn't had much direction lately but he can go when inspired. After a back and forth affair, Flash hit the Flash Bang for the win. [B]C[/B] Frankie Perez came out to a big ovation: [COLOR="Blue"]"Some of you know me from my work in CZCW, some may not. Tonight you are going to see what the P Dawg is all about!"[/COLOR] [B]C Frankie Perez d. Flemmy Lemming[/B] Lemming is stuck at that point where I'd like to push him, but he's such a good hand that he does a great job getting other guys over and having good matches. Perez is a future champion and a star in the making. Great submission moves and the P Clutch finished it off. [B]C-[/B] Art Reed: [COLOR="Blue"]"At Summer Blockbuster I have one of the toughest challenges of my career. Me and Hell Monkey inside the 15 foot high steel cage. Before I get there, I have to go through you Plague. You are one of the best wrestlers working today. Reckless, willing to do anything to win the match. I can match you and I'm going to show you why I deserve to be and to remain XXCW Mid Southern Champion."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Art Reed d. Plague to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] Fantastic match and one of Reed's best promos leading into it. Plague really puts on a show and you don't know whether to fear for his opponent, him or both! Reed took a lot of punishment and finally slapped the Dark Matter on and then the Dread Lock for the win. [B]C+[/B] From underneath the ring, Nevada Nuclear charges the ring and beats on Reed with a 2x4 until the champion is in a bloody heap as officials clear the ring. Overall Show: [B]C+[/B]

Coming soon... [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]XXCW Summer Blockbuster[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] on this star studded card, you will see.... [B]Inside a Steel Cage for the XXCW Mid South Title: Final Battle Rules (the loser may not get a title shot for the duration of the winner's reign)[/B] Art Reed (c) vs. Hell Monkey [B]XXCW Mid South Tag Titles:[/B] The Samoan Wrecking Crew (w/ John Greed) vs. No Nonsense (Perez & Westybrook) [B] Special MAW Grudge Match! [/B] Call to Action vs. The A* Alliance Brendon Idol vs. Nevada Nuclear Snap Dragon vs. Joss Thompson Plus more matches to be added!! This July at the XXCW Arena is sure to be the hottest month of the year!!!

Inside a Steel Cage for the XXCW Mid South Title: Final Battle Rules (the loser may not get a title shot for the duration of the winner's reign) Art Reed (c) vs. Hell Monkey: I have no idea here. The stip makes it a tough one to call. XXCW Mid South Tag Titles: [B]The Samoan Wrecking Crew[/B] (w/ John Greed) vs. No Nonsense (Perez & Westybrook): I just don't like Perez. Special MAW Grudge Match! Call to Action vs. [B]The A* Alliance[/B] I LOVE Ricky Turner/Douglas Brendon Idol vs. [B]Nevada Nuclear[/B]: I gotta go against the Cruiser. Snap Dragon vs. [B]Joss Thompson[/B]: Cruisers again. I just hate'em lol.

[B][SIZE="4"]XXCW Summer Blockbuster!![/SIZE] (July 2008) 680 fans at XXCW Arena in Mid South[/B] -------------------------------------------------------------- [I]We're here for one of the biggest XXCW events of the year! The wrestling economy is down to about a D but the mainstream economy is at about a B and rising. We're hoping the two can meet in the middle and we can start trying to build XXCW's image in surrounding regions even more.[/I] [B]Dark Match: Strange Daze (Remmy Skye/Joey Poison) d. Suicide Xtreme[/B] Not much to the match as it was merely a showcase for the new team of Skye and Poison. Borne seemed bothered by something during the match. [B]D[/B] After the loss, Geoff Borne got in his partner Randy Maxx's face and screamed at him for the loss. [B]F[/B] Ace Hazzard came out to a surprisingly big cheer. He came over to the announcer's table as Jackie Dugan was talking to Ted Ross and said, "[COLOR="Blue"]Jackie, you and I have been friends for a long time. I need a match tonight because I want to prove myself"[/COLOR] Dugan agreed and signed him to face Flemmy Lemming! [B]C+[/B] As we get underway with the actual show, Ted Ross and Ben Williams take a moment to introduce a third member of the broadcast team....Jackie Dugan himself!! [B]C+ Joss Thompson d. Snap Dragon[/B] Really good match as both of these men are hovering around upper card status. Thompson had been goading Dragon for weeks and tonight Dragon thought he would finally get some payback. Not to be as Thompson cheated his way to victory with his feet on the ropes. [B]C[/B] We see Rick Douglas and Steven Parker looking pissed as their bags have been padlocked to the ceiling! We cut to Erik Strong and Mainstream Hernandez laughing. No mystery who the culprits were. [B]B Call to Action d. The A* Alliance by DQ[/B] Parker and Douglas were not happy about the rib pulled earlier on them and they took it out on the prankster duo of Mainstream and Strong. At first their anger worked against them and they were easily frustrated by CtA but then their killer side struck out and chairs came into play drawing the DQ, but leaving Mainstream and Erik laying. [B]D[/B] Flemmy Lemming is introduced: [COLOR="Red"]"Ace Hazzard? You're matching me up with Ace Hazzard, perrenial job boy, on one of the biggest shows of the year? Well, at least I'll add an easy win to my record."[/COLOR] [B]D Ace Hazzard d. Flemmy Lemming[/B] Hazzard is all business and no one is every gonna mistake him for a high flying cruiser. He is a great worker, though and has unparralleled psychology. He and Lemming exchanged some nice mat wrestling and he reversed a Northern Lights Suplex attempt into the Hazzardous Condition (Implant DDT) for the win. [B]C-[/B] Nevada Nuclear comes out for his match: [COLOR="Red"]"Brendon Idol, you were the hottest thing going in XXCW but tonight I'm going to use you as a stepping stone. The Radioactive Wrecking Machine is taking his place among the top of the heap."[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] Brendon Idol is introduced to a big pop. He flips into the ring. [B]B Nevada Nuclear d. Brendon Idol[/B] Nuclear is being touted as someone to groom for future stardom and tonight was a huge step in that by having him cleanly beat a former Mid South Champion. Idol made Nuclear look like a killer and took the Mushroom Cloud for the pin. Idol may be moving into the tag division as he's run out of steam in the singles. [B]C[/B] John Greed is backstage with the Mid South Tag Champs, the Samoan Wrecking Crew: [COLOR="Red"]"Tim Westybrook, you embarrassed me a few weeks back. You tossed me around the ring like a rag doll, did you think there would be no payback? You and your P Dawg partner are in for the beating of a lifetime, courtesy of the Mid South Tag Team Champions!"[/COLOR] [B]C+[/B] Frankie Perez and Westybrook are warming up in the back when American Elemental approaches: [COLOR="Blue"]"I just wanted to wish you guys luck. Those belts mean a lot and I want to see them around the waists of two wrestlers I respect."[/COLOR] [B]C+[/B] [B]No Nonsense d. The Samoan Wrecking Crew (w/ John Greed) for the Mid South Tag Team Titles[/B] Exactly one year after winning the belts, the SWC lost them to the powerhouse team of Perez and Westybrook. Great, stiff action in this one as both teams took it to the other. About 20 minutes long and the finish came with Westybrook turning a Rhino Charge into a spine shattering Iron Bomb for the 1-2-3. [B]C[/B] As the steel cage is being set up, we go backstage with XXCW Mid South Champion Art Reed: [COLOR="Blue"]"Tonight I have one of the most dangerous and important matches in my career. I've fought long and hard to finally be called a champion and tonight I could lose it all, with no chance of regaining it. I can't let that happen. I respect you Hell Monkey but as long as I have a drop of blood and an ounce of air in my lungs, I'm fighting to keep this title."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Art Reed d. Hell Monkey to retain the XXCW Mid South Title inside a steel cage; Monkey will not get another shot for the entirety of Reed's reign.[/B] Wow, these two went all out and left nothing on the table or inside the cage. Monkey even hit a Tumbling Monkey from the top of the cage but bounced off Reed and couldn't recover in time to score the three count. Reed fought back as both men were masked in crimson. Monkey scaled the cage again but was caught by the champion who hit the Dark Matter from the top rope to retain the belt! [B]C+[/B] The crowd gives Reed a standing ovation as he kneels in the ring, clutching the title and soaking it up. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C+[/B] Notes: Best show of the year and possibly ever. Not really a dud on the show and it sets up a fresh start for the rest of the year.

[B]XXCW On Tour! (week 2, August 2008) 245 fans at The Simmons Center in South West[/B] ----------------------------------------------------------- The show opens with Rick Douglas and Steven Parker, the A* Alliance, coming to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"You are looking at the greatest technical tag team working the indies today. We've turned down so many offers from companies that I can't even count them all. We work on our own terms!"[/COLOR] [B]E The A* Alliance d. Suicide Xtreme[/B] Not a bad little match, but nothing amazing. Mostly got over Parker and Douglas more and showed some more tension between Borne and Maxx. [B]E[/B] XXCW Mid South Champion Art Reed comes to the ring with friend Brendon Idol: [COLOR="Blue"]"Plague, Nevada Nuclear you two think you can jump us at every turn. Ambush and do whatever the hell you want to do. Tonight Brendon and myself, two Mid South Title reigns between us, are going to show you what Southern Justice is alll about!"[/COLOR] [B]C- Steve Flash d. John Greed[/B] Great match as Flash really brought out the best in Greed (who has a tendency to underachieve). Flash hasn't been brought into the main Mid South shows yet as we're working on a way to introduce him. He's amazing in the ring though and should be the latter half of some very solid main events in the future. [B][B]C[/B][/B] Nevada Nuclear and Plague come to the ring and accept the tag match challenge. [COLOR="Red"]"Lets do it right now!"[/COLOR] [B]Art Reed and Brendon Idol d. Weapons of Mass Destruction[/B] Great way to finish off the show with a non stop action packed tag match. Plague is really stepping up a notch as of late and Nevada is working his way into the main events. Reed pinned Plague to finish the match in this 15 minute all action affair. [B]C[/B] The match didn't stop once the bell rang though as all four men brawled to the back as the crowd cheered them on. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Brawlapalooza[/SIZE] (08.08) 680 fans at XXCW Arena in Mid South[/B] ------------------------------------------------------------------ [I]The economy has hit Texas hard and we seemed to have peaked a bit at 680 fans. If we could sell out the monthly armory show at 1000 we might have enough cash to finally get back on TV after the initial aborted run.[/I] Jackie Dugan comes to the ring, welcomes the crowd to the show and makes two huge announcements: [COLOR="Blue"]"First off I want to thank all of you great Texas fans for your support. I promise you that XXCW will continue to put on the best shows possible with the best action to keep you coming back! Having said that, I know have two announcements. The first...after the events of Summer Blockbuster a new #1 contender to the Mid Southern Title has to be decided. I looked over that card and the various wrestlers' performances and came to this conclusion...the new #1 contender will be [B]Nevada Nuclear[/B]! He will get his shot next month at Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound." "With that out of the way, I want to introduce one of the most exciting concepts to come to Texas Wrestling in quite some time. It is the [B]Lone Star Cup Tournament[/B]! In an effort to bring back the glory of tag team wrestling, we will see 12 top teams face off in three seperate brackets. Single elimination is the rule with the three bracket winners facing off in a THREE WAY DANCE at Road to the Gold IV in December! The winning team will get the Lone Star Cup trophy as well as a check for $50,000!!"[/COLOR] [B]C+[/B] A video is shown hyping the debut of Zeus Maximillion and Champagne Lover...the team of After Hours. They are shown getting out of limos, partying with the ladies and living the high life. [B]B-[/B] Backstage, Nevada Nuclear is almost giddy: [COLOR="Red"]"It's been a long time coming, but finally the greatness of Nevada Nuclear has been acknowledged. That Mid Southern Title is going to be coming to me, Reed. "[/COLOR] [B]C+[/B] Mainstream Hernandez is already in the ring and interacting with the crowd [B]B Mainstream Hernandez d. Steven Parker[/B] Call to Action and A* Alliance have been feuding as of late and tonight it broke into singles action. Good match as both men have much singels potential. Hernandez sold a lot for Parker and hit the Apparition #14 for the win. [B]C-[/B] Flemmy Lemming and Remmy Skye seem to be in a heated argument as Lemming thinks Skye's "flipping and flopping style"...sucks, quite frankly. Jackie Dugan overhears this and signs the men to a match tonight on the spot! [B]F Flemmy Lemming d. Remmy Skye[/B] In an effort to get these two good workers into some kind of angle, the match came off a little lackluster. Skye showed off his aerial attack and Lemming cheated to get the advantage after crotching Skye on the ropes. Suicide Solution got Remmy to tap out. [B]D[/B] Art Reed speaks about his new challenger: [COLOR="Blue"]"Nevada Nuclear, you claim to have been overlooked and underrated. I've never done that. I've always kept watch on you out of the corner of my eye, because I knew, someday, I would be staring across the ring at you with the Mid South title on the line. Congrats on getting the shot, but getting the match is the easy part."[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] Brent Hill arrives at the Arena and pushes away autograph seekers. [B]B Brent Hill d. Joey Poison[/B] Good Arena debut for Hill and Poison looks solid as always. Pretty much a squash to show off Hill's expertise. He won the match with a Top of Hill Superplex. [B]C[/B] A video airs showing highlights of Steve Flash as he will be debuting soon for XXCW! [B]D American Elemental d. Plague[/B] Fantastic main event as these two went about 25 minutes and felt like they never even took a breath. AE needed a win here as he had been doing a lot of jobs as of late. Plague can make anyone look good and should be in main events and getting title shots himself. We may need to add asecondary title to keep guys like these two busy. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: The Lone Star Cup touney will begin next month with No Nonsense vs. Thompson/Greed; After Hours vs. Masked Mayhem (making their return as a team!); Strange Daze vs. Brent Hill/Flemmy Lemming

[B]XXCW On Tour (week 3, 09.08) 230 fans at The Simmons Center in South West[/B] ------------------------------------------------------------------- [B]Ace Hazzard d. Geoff "Air" Borne[/B] Basically a squash. Borne got in a few nice flying moves, but Hazzard controlled the match. It's a shame, but Borne hasn't gotten over at all with XXCW fans and will most likely be released at the end of his contract. [B]C-[/B] [B]Snap Dragon d. K-Squared[/B] K-Squared made his way back to XXCW and will probably go back to the Special K moniker once we find a suitable tag partner. Snap Dragon looks great and dominated this match. [B]C[/B] Snap Dragon grabs the mic: [COLOR="Blue"]"Thompson, you run your mouth about me and my mask. You think you got over on me at Brawlapalooza but that was just the beginning. I'm about pride and honor and I'm not going to stop coming at you until I'm satisfied"[/COLOR] [B]C No Nonsense d. Strange Daze to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Tag Titles[/B] Rare babyface-babyface match up and the crowd seemed a little more behind Daze as Remmy Skye has been a favorite in this region for awhile. Some good stiff action that saw Poison get pinned by the Iron Bomb. [B]C-[/B] Joss Thompson comes out for his main event title match: [COLOR="Red"]"Snap Dragon, I'm sick of your whining. I beat you with nothing but skill and cunning...and maybe a little bit of tights but just a little! I have bigger fish to fry tonight and that fish is the Mid Southern Title. I'm gonna fry it up real nice and make a bunch of other fish metaphors before finishing this interview"[/COLOR] [B]C Art Reed d. Joss Thompson to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] This was Thompson's first real shot at a main event and he carried himself very well. Reed has established himself as champion and now his true test will be to see if he can "make" other workers. He made a good showing tonight doing just that and will get another chance against Nevada Nuclear coming up. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B]

Archived