XXCW: Wrestling The Way You Like It (A Cornellverse Diary)

[B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound[/SIZE] (09.09) 680 fans at XXCW Arena in Mid South[/B] ------------------------------------------------------------------- [I]It seems with the economy the way it is, 680 is about all we can pull into the arena no matter what the card. We'll just have to keep building stars and see what can be done.[/I] Jackie Dugan walks to the ring to open the show: [COLOR="Blue"]"As was announced last month, tonight begins the Lone Star Cup series. You will see three first round tag matches tonight. XXCW Mid Southern Tag Champions No Nonsense against Joss Thompson & John Greed; After Hours vs. Masked Mayhem and Strange Daze vs. the team of Brent Hill and Flemmy Lemming" "Also tonight, Art Reed will defend his Mid Southern Title for the first time ever against Nevada Nuclear! This is quite the stacked card so lets get going!"[/COLOR][B]B[/B] [B]John Greed/Joss Thompson d. No Nonsense after The SWC interfered[/B] Good thing this was a non title match as the champs were upset by the heel duo. It seems Greed's Samoan charges helped him out when Rhino gored Frankie Perez into the ringpost, knocking him unconcious. He was rolled into the ring where Thompson hit the Clean Cutter. Westybrook was livid. [B]C[/B] Ace Hazzard approaches Jackie Dugan: [COLOR="Blue"]"Jackie we should team up for this thing. You and I have fought each other, rode the road with each other and been a kickass team. This tournament is our chance to shine, whattaya say?"[/COLOR] Dugan just shook his head, [COLOR="Blue"]"I can't Ace. My days in the ring are long gone, I don't think I have any matches left in this old beat up body. I'll tell ya what though...you got your gear so I'll book you on the show against K-Squared."[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] Backstage, Art Reed hypes his title defense: [COLOR="Blue"]"Nevada Nuclear, you're one of the most underrated wrestlers in the company. But not by me. I've been in the ring with you before and I know what you're capable of. It's going to be a war tonight"[/COLOR] [B]C Ace Hazzard d. K Squared[/B] Decent little match as Hazzard really carried K along the way. K-Squared was wrestling as Special K for awhile and now he's back. Decent young high flier but succumbed to the Hazzardous Condition. [B]C-[/B] Champagne Lover and Zeus Maximillion, the team of After Hours, makes their way to the ring. Zeus has the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"Whooo daddy, I'm tellin' ya we are too cool for this school. That's right, the men of the hour are here and we are nursing hangover like you wouldn't believe. And right after we beat these masked freaks, we're going right out for a little hair of the dog. That's right daddy!"[/COLOR] [B]C+ After Hours d. Masked Mayhem[/B] This was the first reteaming of American Elemental and Snap Dragon since they dropped the Mid Southern Tag Titles. This is definitely considered an upset but the heel duo shows a great smoothness and Lover has "big star" written all over him. With Zeus doing his talking, he should be a mainstay here for a long time to come. Thompson came out for color commentary and started ragging on Snap Dragon once again, even distracting him long enough to allow After Hours to pin AE[B]C-[/B] Brent Hill: [COLOR="Red"]"Everyone is wondering why "The Complete Package" would team with someone like Flemmy Lemming. Quite honestly, The Complete Package is wondering that himself. Brent Hill is the single greatest wrestler in the world and I'm forced to team with someone who can't win a match? This is *BLEEP*"[/COLOR] [B]D Strange Daze d. Flemmy Lemming and Brent Hill[/B] Remmy and Poison are a great team and if they would show up on time once in awhile, might go far. Hill got fed up with Lemming during the match and just left, hanging Flemmy out to dry and victim of a Skye Diver. Hill didn't care and walked to the back. [B]D[/B] Nevada Nuclear is in a darkened locker room: [COLOR="Red"]"Underrated? You think I'm underrated? Good. I hope you underestimate me, Reed. I hope you think it'll be a cakewalk. I'm going to hurt you. Hurt you bad. I want that Mid Southern title...but I think I want to hurt you even more."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Nevada Nuclear d. Art Reed by countout; Reed retains the Mid Southern Title[/B] Nuclear came out strong and took Reed out of his game right away, not allowing Reed to work his technical style. Reed sold like a champ and got some color for Nuclear. Just a brutal, stiff match that saw Nevada his the Mushroom Cloud on the concrete to earn the countout. He just grinned maniacally as officials tended to the champion. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Reed is moving from trying to establish himself as a champion to the point of making others look good. The Nuclear project, so to speak, is off to a great start in that respect. The team of After Hours has a ton of potential and should be a lot of fun to watch develop.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]XXCW On Tour (week 2, October 2008) 198 fans at The Simmons Center in South West[/B] ------------------------------------------------------------ Hell Monkey opens the show and declares an open challenge for anyone in the XXCW locker room to face him tonight. [B]C-[/B] Much to everyone's surprise, Mainstream Hernandez comes out and accepts the challenge. Monkey laughs him off and the match is set. This will be a good test for Mainstream to see how well he can hang with the company's top workers. [B]C- Brent Hill d. Steve Flash[/B] Great match between two of the best workers in the company. Flash hasn't received much in the way of a push, but his new team with Brendon Idol should show some great results. Hill is playing the arrogant technical master role really well. Flash went to the top rope and Hill caught him with the Top of the Hill German Superplex for the win. [B]C+[/B] Ace Hazzard comes out for his match: [COLOR="Blue"]"Plague, I've watched you in the ring...you take hardcore to a new level. Tonight I'm gonna show what Ace Hazzard is all about and take it to you."[/COLOR] [B]C Plague d. Ace Hazzard[/B] Really solid match with Plague being more over in the South West than Hazzard. Lots of brawling and Plague executing his high risk style to pin Hazzard. [B]C-[/B] Mainstream Hernandez warms up for his main event match and is approached by XXCW Owner Jackie Dugan: [COLOR="Blue"]"This is a big match for you, kid. I just wanted to wish you luck"[/COLOR] [B]C Hell Monkey d. Mainstream Hernandez[/B] The young Mainstream really brought all he had for this match. He sold like a champ for Monkey's stiff offense and had great fire in his comebacks. He even hit the Apparation #14 but took too much time to cover Money and he kicked out. HM hit the Hellfire Kick to finish the match. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: We seemed to help Mainstream get over a bit with the South West region fans and that will help his continued push in the company. He is being touted as someone to build around so I'll slowly keep bringing him along.

[IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]The Future of XXCW: A Conversation with Jackie Dugan[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [CENTER] [IMG]http://www.monsteryou.com/blog/blog60/jackie1_100805.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]It's a beautiful day on this West Texas Saturday afternoon and we got the chance to catch up with XXCW owner Jackie Dugan on the future of his company, where he sees it heading and just who he thinks the stars of tomorrow will be:[/I] Dugan takes a sip of beer as he leans back in a recliner that hasn't seen new upholstery since the first Bush was in office. "It's weird how your life can come around full circle" he says simply and takes another swig. Weird would be an understatement. The 56 year old Dugan started his career in the early 1960's when he was only 14 years old. He wrestled carny shows where anyone in the audience could step up and take on the "champion" in a real shoot fight. "You had to learn fast how to handle yourself. It's pretty barbaric when you think about it, but I didn't know any better. I was just trying to make some money to help out my Ma. Once I found out about pro wrestling and found I could make some money without actually fighting for my life, it was an easy choice." Dugan worked the Texas territories as a virtual unknown babyface (one of his earliest matches involved a certain Texas terror names Prof. Nero). He got over with crowds by his never say die attitude and hard work ethic. He even made a few shots in the "bigs" (as he calls them) working under a mask as The Masked Crippler. Most famously taking on the (now defunct) UWA World Champion in a classic 60 minute broadway (time limit draw) in New York's Madison Square Garden, back when it was the pro wrestling mecca. "I had a lot of ups and downs and definitely sacrificed a lot to lead this life. I gained a lot too and coming back here to run Double Cross Championship Wrestling...it just feels like home. I really want to give these kids, and some of these underutilized vets, a place to hone their craft, expand on their work and just have fun doing what they love to do. Wrestle. And if we can all make a few bucks in the process, all the better." With talk turning around to his pet project, XXCW, I ask him what he hopes to accomplish with the company. "I'm out there accomplishing everything I want to accomplish. I just want a territory that gives the boys a place to develop and show their stuff. Sure, I'd love to be on ppv and get a weekly TV show. I think we're actually pretty close to the latter. We're even expanding a bit, having a monthly secondary show in the South West and will be dipping our toes into the Mid West as well before going after a TV deal. But the main focus is wrestling. Putting on quality wrestling shows and putting the sports back into this so called Sports Entertainment I've been having shoved down my throat the past 20 years." On who he thinks stands out on his roster now: "I've got to start from the top and go with Art Reed. Here's a kid, solid as any in the ring, and working opening matches for DAVE. Nero made a smart move when he hired him and I was actually consulting for XXCW at that point, looking to buy in. I took one look at him and knew he should be the top babyface in the company. Look at him now, he's really carrying himself like a champion and he's starting to "make" other guys. Nevada Nuclear, Plague, Brent Hill...these three are top notch heels, all spectacular in the ring. Anyone of them could be champion. You look at guys like Zeus Maximillion, Champagne Lover, American Elemental and even Brendon Idol...it's a crime these guys were never given a chance on the American scene. Tim Westybrook, the Samoan Wrecking Crew, Joss Thompson...I would stack the quality of my roster up against anyone's in term of pure in ring skill and ability on the mic. I'm serious, I would." "You look at a guy like Ace Hazzard. I know, I know, he and I are friends...but with good reason. He's really good. He's a great worker and can talk. He may never do 100 triple somersaults, but he doesn't need to. What he will do is give you a solid brawl and wrestle and then cut a promo that will sell 100 extra tickets. He's really enjoying working with these kids and they seem to be getting a lot from him too." When asked what fans can expect from this little promotion that started in a whiskey bar in Galviston: "All I can promise is that we'll continue to put on the best shows possible. You like good, technical wrestling? Come on in. You like high flying cruiserweights? Buy yourself a ticket. You like hard hitting, smashmouth action with logical storylines and characters you can root for and boo against...you found a home right here. If you're looking for roided up freaks who talk (badly at that) for 20 minutes and wrestle for 4, well can't help you much there...." He winks as he takes another drink of brew. "...that's the other guys."

Coming up at: [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Stampede Scramble '08[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] After the beating he took last month at Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound, [B]Art Reed[/B] will once again step into the ring with [B]Nevada Nuclear[/B] to defend the XXCW Mid Southern Title in a highly anticipated rematch! The Lone Star Cup series continues with the following matches: [B]The Samoan Wrecking Crew vs. Sudden Impact (Idol/Flash) Call to Action vs. The A* Alliance Hell Monkey & Plague vs. Suicide Xtreme[/B] All this and much, much more. Get your tickets for the XXCW Arena this October and treat yourself to the best in wrestling action!!

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Stampede Scramble[/SIZE] (10.08) 544 fans at XXCW Arena in Mid South[/B] ---------------------------------------------------------------------- [I]The economy is really dropping fast and we're taking the hit, only able to fill about half of the Armory. Tonight the Lone Star Cup Series continues as we'll find out the next three teams to advance into the semifinal round at Victorious.[/I] Rick Douglas and Steven Parker. The A* Alliance open the show with an in ring promo: Douglas: [COLOR="Red"]"Call to Action, we've battled all over the Mid Atlantic and now here in Texas. You two have been a thorn in our sides for too long now and it's going to stop. We're going to end things right here.[/COLOR] [B]E[/B] Call to Action are introduced and Mainstream takes the mic: [COLOR="Blue"]"Dude, seriously...could you suck any harder at interviews than you do right now? I almost feel asleep on the way to the ring listening to your monotone drone."[/COLOR] [B]C- Call to Action d. The A* Alliance[/B] Mainstream is looking great lately and is on the fast track, especially after having that great match with Hell Monkey earlier this month. Strong is along for the ride but keeping up. I dig the A* Alliance and I think they can do some good business, they just need to work with different people. Strong and Hernandez hit simultaneous Shooting Star Presses for the win. [B]D[/B] Art Reed is backstage: [COLOR="Red"]"Nevada Nuclear, last month you gave me the fight of my life. I was broken and bloody. Tonight it's not going to be the same story. You're going to see a new side of Art Reed tonight...don't think I didn't pick up anything all that time spent in DAVE."[/COLOR] [B]C+[/B] As Hell Monkey and Plague come to the ring for their match, Dugan speaks with Ted Ross: [COLOR="Blue"]"These two are amazing atheletes on their own. Teaming now, well I don't know who will be able to stop them."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Hell Monke/Plague d. Suicide Xtreme[/B] Plague and Monkey just steamrollered Maxx and Borne and beat the living hell out of them. Not quite a squash match, but not far from it. [B]C[/B] Hell Monkey grabs the mic and in an uncharacteristic move, actually speaks! [COLOR="Red"]"You are looking at the team of the future. High flying, high impact...there is no one that can beat us. You might as well hand us that $50,000 check right now."[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] A video airs hyping XXCW Mid Southern Champions No Nonsense. It goes through the intense training Westybrook and Perez go through each day. [B]B-[/B] Flemmy Lemming is in the ring: [COLOR="Blue"]"Brent Hill, last month you left me for dead in our tag match. You think I'm not worthy of being your partner? How about you come out here and I'll make you tap out!"[/COLOR] [B]C-[/B] Brent Hill comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Flemmy, I would hate you if I bothered to give a rat's ass about you. I'll gladly take you on and show you why they call me the Complete Package."[/COLOR] [B]C- Brent Hill d. Flemmy Lemming[/B] Fans are digging Lemming as a babyface. Hill worked a great match with him and gave Flemmy a lot of offense. Hill had to use his feet on the ropes to score the pin, but acted as if it was his technical wizardry that did it. [B]C-[/B] John Greed leads the Samoan Wrecking Crew to the ring [B]C+ Sudden Impact (Steve Flash/Brendon Idol) d. The Samoan Wrecking Crew (w/ John Greed) after outside interference[/B] The team of Idol and Flash look amazing together and Brendon may have found his ticket back to the top of the card. Great action that saw No Nonsense get a receipt by attacking Machine and Rhino to cost them the match. [B]C[/B] After the match, The SWC and No Nonsense brawl all over the arena and right to the back. [B]D[/B] Ted Ross tries to get an interview with Nevada Nuclear as he makes his way to the ring, but the Radioactive Wrecking Machine pushes right by him, almost knocking him to the floor. [B]C Art Reed and Nevada Nuclear fight to a no decision; Reed retains the Mid Southern Title[/B] Great intensity as these two picked right up where last month's match left off. It's a shame Nuclear can't go for longer because he's quite a talent. Reed showed some killer instinct and both men had no problem using steel chairs or other instruments on each other. Finally, after about 12 minutes the ref had to throw the match out and officials had to seperate the two men. The crowd chanted "LET THEM FIGHT!!" [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: The semifinals of the LSC for Victorious are set with Sudden Impact vs. Thompson/Greed; Strange Daze vs. After Hours and Call to Action vs. Hell Monkey/Plague. The three winners will face off in a Three Way Dance at Road to the Gold for the trophy and $50K check. No Nonsense vs. The Samoan Wrecking Crew has been signed for Victorious. It looks like Art Reed and Nevada Nuclear will also rematch at Road to the Gold.

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Victorious[/SIZE][/B] (11.08) 544 fans at XXCW Arena in Mid South -------------------------------------------------------------- [I]We seem to have hit the ceiling as to what the economy will allow with 544 fans. I'm hoping that a month long push of the top matches for Road to the Gold will help to boost attendance.[/I] Ted Ross introduces special guest color commentator Snap Dragon for the opening match. [B]C[/B] Joss Thompson and John Greed come to the ring for their Lone Star Cup match. Thompson takes the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"Hey Snap Dragon, what's up man? You gonna watch The Real Deal walk his way to the finals? I wish you and Amer-- oh yeah that's right...you guys lost already. Wow, sucks to be you."[/COLOR] [B]C+ Sudden Impact d. Thompson/Greed[/B] The team of Flash and Idol are so smooth in the ring. This is tournament is their first teaming, but it feels like they've been teaming for years. Thompson is a great ****y heel and he and Greed cheated the hell out of this match. At one point Thompson got in Dragon's face at ringside and Snap Dragon punched him dead between the eyes. A combination Flash Bang and Idolizer finished the match for the faces. [B]C[/B] Snap Dragon mocked Thompson: [COLOR="Blue"]"Great job there sport. You looked real good."[/COLOR] [B]D[/B] Mid Southern Champion Art Reed is interviewed by Ben Williams: [COLOR="Blue"]"Nevada Nuclear and I have battled for months over the Mid Southern Title. He's made me bleed and hurt and come close to breaking me. But I have given everything in my heart to defend this title and I will continue to do so. We need a conclusive winner. So at Road to the Gold, I propose this. Me, Nevada, Street Fight. Anything goes and may the best man win."[/COLOR] [B]C The cameraman is instructed to a commotion and we find Joss Thompson beating down Snap Dragon. He rips Dragon masks and bloodies him badly, screaming the whole time "[COLOR="Red"]Is it funny now? Are you laughing?!?!"[/COLOR] [B]D[/B] After Hours d. Strange Daze[/B] Champagne Lover is already up to a D in overness while Zeus is still struggling at an F. They are a great heel team though. Remmy Skye is on his way out of the company so that might mean Joey Poison gets a little run as a singles worker. Decent match with Lover causing Remmy to tap out to the Champagne Breakfast. [B]C-[/B] Nevada Nuclear is in the deep, dark recesses of the building in a taped promo: [COLOR="Red"]"Street Fight rules? Oh Art Reed, you've made a foolish mistake. The rules of the match were the only thing saving your life. Cling to them. Cling to them like a life raft because without them, I'm gonna make sure you drown."[/COLOR] [B]C Snap Dragon stands, mask ripped and bloody: [COLOR="Blue"]"For the longest time you've verbally humiliated me, Thompson. I've let it all run right off my back. But now you've gone too far. The mask is a tradition of honor and respect and you've spit all over it. I will avenge what you did, Thompson. At Road to the Gold I want you in a Hair vs. Mask match. You are going to feel what true humiliation is" [/COLOR] [B]C[/B] Hell Monkey/Plague d. Call to Action[/B] Mainstream showed he can hang with the big boys in his match against Hell Monkey at an On Tour event a few months back. The team of HM and Plague is just awesome as they are stiff and brutal and also contain some of the most innovative offense seen in XXCW. CtA put up the good fight but in the end were just overwhelmed. [B]C+[/B] Tim Westybrook and Frankie Perez are backstage: TW: [COLOR="Blue"]"Samoan Wrecking Crew, you cost us $50,000 by attacking us during the Lone Star Cup series, so we repaid the favor. Tonight we finally get in the same ring. I'm gonna take the 50k out of your asses!"[/COLOR] [B]D No Nonsense and The Samoan Wrecking Crew went to a double countout; No Nonsense retains the Mid Southern Tag Titles[/B] Another in the long line of great brawling tag matches between these four men. The ref lost control and had to count both teams out. I'm going to have the blow off to this feud at Road to the Gold so they can move onto other issues. [B]C+[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Good show and it sets up an intriguing Road to the Gold card which will be officially announced shortly.

[B]XXCW Newsbites...[/B] ** Tim Westybrook has signed a ppa contract with Canadian Golden Combat and we at XXCW are very happy for him having found a place to work in his native Canada. Their schedule doesn't conflict much with ours so he will have the freedom to work for both companies. Congratulations Tim!

[CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Road to the Gold IV[/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] December may signal cold weather for most of the country, but in Texas it's just heating up as the yearly tradition [B]Road to the Gold[/B] makes it's way to the XXCW Arena!! Already signed for this mega-event!! [B]For the XXCW Mid Southern Title: Street Fight Rules!![/B] Art Reed (c) vs. Nevada Nuclear [B]The Finals of the Lone Star Cup Series for $50,000[/B] Hell Monkey/Plague vs. After Hours vs. Sudden Impact [B]2/3 Falls for the XXCW Mid Southern Tag Titles[/B] No Nonsense vs. The Samoan Wrecking Crew [B]Hair vs. Mask![/B] Joss Thompson vs. Snap Dragon There will be more matches announced the night of the event but if what's already advertised doesn't get you excited to get out of the house and into the XXCW Arena, then you better check your pulse...you might be dead!!

[B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Road to the Gold: A Retrospective[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Since the inception of Double Cross Championship Wrestling in 2005, December's Road to the Gold has been a focal point of the promotion. It's the Super Bowl, World Series and Oscars all rolled into one. History is written, careers are made and memories are forged. Lets take a look back at the past Road to the Gold cards and what their impact on today's product has been. [B]Road to the Gold I[/B] Darryl “Mighty Fine” Devine really made a name for himself at the first ever Road to the Gold by winning a four man tournament to become the first Mid Southern Champion. He has a countout win over veteran Rick Sanders and then had a fantastic 20 minute main event to win the strap over American Elemental. Devine later went on to become the focal point of XXCW as well as one of the hottest indy stars in the country. He eventually signed an exclusive contract with the juggernaut…the SWF. [B]Road to the Gold II [/B] After experiencing skyrocketing momentum, young highflier Brendon Idol was pushed all the way to the Mid Southern Title, ending Devine’s year-long stranglehold on the belt inside a steel cage at 2006’s event. Idol’s momentum and popularity seemed to peak with him winning the title and he has been in the mid card ever since. It was a hell of a ride for as long as it lasted. We also got to see a glimpse of future XXCW superstar Joss Thompson as he defeated Rick Sanders in an impressive match and began his reign of ****iness over Double Cross. Masked Mayhem defeated Weapons of Mass Destruction (Plague/Nevada Nuclear) to retain the newly created Mid Southern Tag Team Titles and then babyface Hell Monkey defeated Prof. Nero’s Russion Destroyer, Mister Blister after Tim Westybrook interfered. This was payback for Blister attacking Westybrook at Victorious. [B]Road to the Gold III[/B] 2007’s show was built around Tim Westybrook’s rise in prominence with the company. Tim defeated five other top names at October’s Stampede Scramble in a 6 Man Scramble match (timed entrances and pinfall/submission eliminations) to earn the shot against Prof Nero’s Hell Monkey (who had turned heel earlier in the year and took the title from Brendon Idol at Summer Blockbuster). Westybrook showed his stuff and it was a brawl that narrowly missed winning top honors for match of the year. The Samoan Wrecking Crew continued their dominance of the tag titles, as well as their undefeated streak by defeating former champions Masked Mayhem in two straight falls to retain the straps. Brendon Idol showed signs of hitting his popularity peak and put over hot up and comer Plague in singles action. Plague has yet to reach the heights spoken about for him, but that is moreso for his lack of promo ability and the glut of top workers at the Mid Southern Title level. The freshly turned babyface Darryl Devine made one of his last XXCW appearances by defeating his former bodyguard Mister Blister in a special grudge match. It was shortly after that Devine was signed by the SWF. After experiencing skyrocketing momentum, young highflier Brendon Idol was pushed all the way to the Mid Southern Title, ending Devine’s year-long stranglehold on the belt inside a steel cage at 2006’s event. Idol’s momentum and popularity seemed to peak with him winning the title and he has been in the mid card ever since. It was a hell of a ride for as long as it lasted. We also got to see a glimpse of future XXCW superstar Joss Thompson as he defeated Rick Sanders in an impressive match and began his reign of ****iness over Double Cross. Masked Mayhem defeated Weapons of Mass Destruction (Plague/Nevada Nuclear) to retain the newly created Mid Southern Tag Team Titles and then babyface Hell Monkey defeated Prof. Nero’s Russion Destroyer, Mister Blister after Tim Westybrook interfered. This was payback for Blister attacking Westybrook at Victorious. --- This year's Road to the Gold promises to be one of the biggest events yet in the short, but storied history of the event. It's the first under the new ownership of Jackie Dugan and he has promised nothing less than one of the most exciting shows of the year. You can only see this event live at the XXCW Arena so get your tickets now and be a part of history in the making!!

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"] XXCW Road to the Gold IV[/SIZE] (12.08) 544 fans at XXCW Arena in Mid South[/B] ------------------------------------------------------------- [B]Dark Match: American Elemental/Ace Hazzard/Joey Poison d. John Greed/K-Squared/Steven Parker[/B] Good match to kick the show off with. Nonstop action and the younger guys definitely got some points in experience. Elemental pinned K-Squared with a springboard clothesline. [B]C-[/B] Jackie Dugan and Ted Ross hype tonights big main event: Art Reed defending the XXCW Mid Southern Title against Nevada Nuclear...Hardcore Rules!! [B]C+[/B] Ted Ross hurries over to catch a word with Rick Douglas, on his way to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"People have seen what I can do as one part of the A* Alliance, well tonight Remmy Skye is going to find out just how good I am as a singles wrestler."[/COLOR] [B]D Rick Douglas d. Remmy Skye[/B] This was one of Skye's last XXCW matches and he did a great job putting Douglas over. Douglas needs to work on his stamina a touch more before being taken seriously as a main eventer, but there's something there. He wins with Tiger Driver. [B]C-[/B] Flemmy Lemming: [COLOR="Blue"]"Brent Hill, you got lucky once against me. Tonight is the night you tap out!"[/COLOR] [B]D Brent Hill d. Flemmy Lemming[/B] Apparently, tonight was not the night Hill tapped out. A good match, not much different than their last one. Hill is being groomed for some main events which took something away from this feud as we didn't want to have Hill beat yet. Very good technical match though.[B]C[/B] We go to a video package on the Thompson-Snap Dragon saga all the way up to last month's savage and humiliating mask ripping and beating. [B]C-[/B] Joss Thompson is in the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Aw, you didn't like it when I ripped your stupid Halloween mask, Dragon? Did that get under your skin? Or should I say...mask? Bring your freakish self down to this ring so I can finish what I started last month. And afterwards, I'm gonna let the lady of my choice run her hands through my silky locks...'cause there ain't no way I'm losing this match"[/COLOR] [B]C Snap Dragon d. Joss Thompson in a Hair vs. Mask Match[/B] This feud has been a nice surprise and produced some quality segments. People really wanted to see Thompson lose and get shaved and popped huge when SD hit the Dragon's Breath and scored the pin. [B]C-[/B] Joss Thompson came to as Rob Perkins was bringing the barber shears in. He freaked out and hit Dragon with a low blow and tried to make his way back to the locker room... ...only to find Jackie Dugan standing in his way!!! The crowd roared as Dugan demanded he return to the ring. When Thompson gave him the finger, Dugan hauled off and nailed him in the melon with a thunderous haymaker. He threw Joss back in the ring and grabbed the shears, getting in the first shave as the crowd roared their approval and Thompson lost his coiff. [B]C[/B] After a brief intermission we come back to the XXCW Mid Southern Tag Title match....2 out of 3 falls! [B]No Nonsense d. The Samoan Wrecking Crew in 2 falls to 1 to retain the Mid Southern Tag Team Titles[/B] Great stiff action to end this feud and cement Westybrook and Perez as tag team champions. The SWC have been finding their share of fans at the Arena as well. Rhino took the first fall with a Gore and No Nonsense won the second by DQ when Machine refused to let go of a choke. Westybrook scored the final fall with an Iron Bomb at around the 30 minute mark. [B]C[/B] Champagne Lover and Zeus Maximillion are stylin' and profilin': [COLOR="Red"]"Three Way Dance, Daddy...let me tell you, Good ol' CL and Zeus daddy know all about the three way dances. We've even seen some wrestling matches with that name!! That 50K is gonna buy us a lot more parties, baby!"[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] Brendon Idol and Steve Flash are getting ready for the Three Way Dance [B]C Hell Monkey/Plague d. Sudden Impact & After Hours in the finals of the Lone Star Cup Series[/B] Match of the night as there wasn't a moment to catch your breath in the 20 minutes of nonstop action and innovative state of the art offense. Idol has really found his groove as a tag wrestler with Flash and Champagne Lover has CHAMPION written all over him. Idol pinned Zeus for the first fall. The graceful brutality of Monkey and Plague won out though when HM hit a Tumbling Monkey on Flash to win the last fall. [B]C+[/B] A video package highlights the previous two matches between Art Reed and Nevada Nuclear over the XXCW Mid Southern Title. [B]C Art Reed d. Nevada Nuclear in a Hardcore Rules match to retain the Mid Southern Title[/B] Reed went back to his DAVE roots and fought tooth and nail to keep up with the violent Radioactive Wrecking Machine. Reed (and Nuclear himself) really made Nevada during this feud and both men have to feel good about what was accomplished. Reed reversed a Mushroom Cloud on a garbage can, KOing Nuclear and scoring the pin. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C[/B] Notes: Everything came off exactly the way I wanted it, although I would have liked to see Reed-Nuclear get to C+. It can be tough as it was the third month this match headlined for the title. Nuclear has made a strong name for himself and an actual Mid Southern Title reign won't be far behind. The dynamic between Joss Thompson and Jackie Dugan has a lot of potential...

[CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]XXCW Year End Awards 2008[/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Another year has passed and we take a moment to celebrate the truly extraordinary efforts of key players in Double Cross Championship Wrestling [B]XXCW Wrestler of the Year: Art Reed[/B] It was pretty much a no brainer to award Art with this honor. Since winning the Mid Southern Title from Hell Monkey at April's Desperate Times, Desperate Measures, Reed has picked up the ball and ran full speed with it. Always putting on C and C+ matches, Art Reed has not only made himself into a viable champion but also made other wrestlers. Most notably, his year closing feud with Nevada Nuclear really put the latter on the map. [B]XXCW Tag Team of the Year: The Samoan Wrecking Crew[/B] With or without the Mid Southern Tag Titles around their waist, Rhino Umaga and Samoan Machine were in the thick of things. They faced off against what was a makeshift team of two singles wrestlers in Tim Westybrook and Frankie Perez and made them come off as if they were an established team for years. Having claimed this prize for the second year in a row, we'll see what team can rise to unseat them next year. [B]XXCW Match of the Year: Art Reed d. Hell Monkey for the XXCW Mid Southern Title at Desperate Times, Desperate Measures (C+)[/B] This was Reed's first singles title win and with the departure of Darryl Devine and the failure of the Shotgun! TV show, XXCW needed a champion to get behind. Art Reed, never having won a singles championship in his career, was looked at to be that man. 1,000 fans packed the XXCW Arena to witness this classic struggle of good and evil as Reed prevailed and carried the promotion on his shoulders for the remainder of the year. [B]XXCW Show of the Year: Summer Blockbuster (C+)[/B] July's Summer Blockbuster saw Art Reed cement his status as champion by turning away Hell Monkey decisively in a Final Battle. No Nonsense became a legit tag team by ending the year long reign of The Samoan Wrecking Crew and winning the Mid Southern Tag Titles. Nevada Nuclear began his push to the top of the card with a decisive victory over former Mid Southern Champion Brendon Idol. Joss Thompson defeated Snap Dragon with a handful of tights. Overall a springboard for great stuff and a defining show of the year. [COLOR="Red"]New Category!!![/COLOR] [B]XXCW Future Star of 2009: Champagne Lover[/B] Lover came in late in the year with tag team partner Zeus Maximillion as the team After Hours. So far he is the breakout star of that team and it looks like he might not be able to be contained in a tag team. Look for Champagne Lover to make a big impact in XXCW in the coming year.

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B]XXCW A New Dawn (01.09) 950 fans at XXCW Arena[/B][/SIZE] -------------------------------------------------------- [I]We've finally broken through the 544 fan barrier and nearly sold out the XXCW Arena. Jackie Dugan was ecstatic and there are plans underway to run February's Collision Course from the West Texas Colliseum. Dugan also has the bug to get XXCW back on TV and has been negotiating with some small cable access stations in the Mid South area. With a business model of running TV shows exclusively from smaller venues in South West and Mid West, we figure we can build those territories as well as keeping even stronger in Mid South. We're prepared to lose money for a few months so we'll see how it goes.[/I] [B]Dark Match: American Elemental d. K-Squared[/B] Nice, fast paced opener to get things going. K2 has a lot of promise but I'm still struggling to think of something substantial for AE to do. [B]C- Sudden Impact d. The A* Alliance[/B] We start the live show right into a match between two very capable teams. Idol and Flash have really meshed as a team and are in for a big push in the tag division. Douglas and Parker are set for an upcoming storyline, so this loss shouldn't hurt them. [B]C[/B] Ted Ross and Jackie Dugan hype the double main event for tonight's show: Ross: [COLOR="Green"]"Jackie, we've got a heck of a show tonight and we need one to follow last month's amazing Road to the Gold IV. In our main event, Mid Southern Champion Art Reed will take on a man that you are quite familiar with as you shared a pair of barber shears last month...that man is Snap Dragon"[/COLOR] Dugan: [COLOR="Blue"]"Ha, yeah and I know he can wrestle much better than he can cut hair. This is an intriguing match between two fan favorites so I think we're going to see a much different match than we're used to seeing for the title. Let's not forget we've got Lone Star Cup series winners Hell Monkey and Plague challenging No Nonsense for the Mid Southern Tag Team Titles as well. Westybrook and Perez are still nursing injuries from that stiff series of matches with The Samoan Wrecking Crew so it will be interesting to see how they hold up"[/COLOR] [B]C The Samoan Machine d. Joey Poison[/B] Machine is embarking on a singles career for a bit and he definitely established that he can get the job done without a tag team partner. The Unbreakable Sleeper takes the match. [B]C-[/B] Call to Action are prepping for their match. [B]B[/B] Zeus Maximillion and Champagne Lover come to the ring. Zeus has the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"That's right Daddy, After Hours are in the house. Call to Action, you ain't got no chance tonight. We are the team that's a dream, the ones that make the ladies cream. Oh yeah!"[/COLOR] [B]B- After Hours d. Call to Action[/B] Solid match with Mainstream taking the beatdown for a good portion of the match. Champagne Lover is getting crazy over and it might be hard to keep him as a heel for much longer. Strong took the hot tag but fell victim to a stuff Thunderbolt powerbomb. [B]C-[/B] Joss Thompson comes to the ring wearing a hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses, not looking unlike the Unibomber. The crowd starts chanting "Cue Ball" at him and he gets in Dugan's face: [COLOR="Red"]"How dare you do this to me??! How dare you!?! You took the hottest wrestling star in the country, in the world and made him a laughingstock. And then you dared put your hands on me, old man?! I've a good mind to Clean Cutter you right through this Goddamn table!!"[/COLOR] Dugan rises and gets right in Thompson's grill: [COLOR="Blue"]"Son, you better take the bass out of your voice when talking to me. You tried to welch on a stipulation and I'm not having that in my company. If we bill someone as losing their hair, someone's going bald that night...no ifs ands or butts about it. And next time you use the Lord's name in vain in my presence and on my show, I'll slap the taste outta your mouth faster than I already did last month"[/COLOR] Things are getting heated as Ace Hazzard, Rob Perkins and Ted Ross seperate the two men. The A* Alliance comes down to ringside and holds Thompson back. [B]C- Hell Monkey/Plague d. No Nonsense for the XXCW Mid Southern Tag Team Titles[/B] Goodness, what a match. Thus far, this is the greatest match in XXCW history and had the fans chanting "THIS IS AWESOME" partway through the match. Too many spots to go into detail here but it was just nonstop action from bell to bell with about 25 nearfalls between the two teams. Westybrook went for the Iron Bombon Hell Monkey who not only reversed it into a spinning DDT, but also managed to tag out during the swing so that Plague could nail the Jersey Turnpike right as they landed and score the pin. Standing ovation after the match. [B]B-[/B] Jackie Dugan: [COLOR="Blue"]"Wow, say what you will about the philosophy of Hell Monkey and Plague, but that was one of the best matches I've ever seen Ted. I don't think we've seen the last of these two teams."[/COLOR] Ted: [COLOR="Green"]"I agree Jackie, that was fantastic. Oh, it looks like we have company here in the booth, Jackie. "Complete Package" Brent Hill has joined us. What can we do for you Brent?"[/COLOR] Hill: [COLOR="Red"]"I can't believe I have not been offered a Mid Southern Title shot yet. I know Art Reed is ducking me, so I'm out here to challenge to the winner of the match to a match next month at Collision Course. Dugan you know I deserve the match, so sign it!"[/COLOR] [B]C- Art Reed d. Snap Dragon to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] Great scientific match that saw the crowd split about 60/40 in favor of Art. The fans got to a point where they were applauding moves and sequences. Dragon hit a nice Aztec Suplex on Reed and went up for the Dragon's Breath. Reed moved and SD hit hard on his knee. Reed slapped on the Dread Lock for the tap out win. Both men shook hands and embraced after. [B]C+[/B] Brent Hill entered the ring and got right in Reed's face. The two men had an intense staredown as the show ended. [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]C+[/B] Notes: What a way to kick off the new year as this was one of the strongest shows top to bottom that we've run.

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]XXCW Collision Course[/SIZE] (02.09) 1206 fans at West Texas Coliseum[/B] ------------------------------------------------------------------ [I]Our first show ever at the 2,000 seat West Texas Coliseum and we got to squeeze in two hundred more fans for the big monthly show. Hopefully, the economy will hold up and allow us to keep running the venue[/I] [B]Dark Match: Steve Flash d. Steven Parker[/B] Great match from representatives of two of XXCW's premier tag teams. Parker is looking good but needs some seasoning. Flash carried him to a solid match [B]C[/B] Jackie Dugan comes to the ring to announce the return of XXCW Shotgun! returning to Mid South Cable Access Wed. at midnite! No sooner does he get that info out when Joss Thompson comes to ringside: [COLOR="Red"]"Well, well well...what do we have here. The ***** owner of Double Cross Championship Wrestling all by himself. Congrats on the big news boss. You have bigger problems than a new tv show, though. You've got Joss "Real Deal" Thompson to deal with. I'm going to take a piece of you for every single hair that was shaved from my head old man!!!!"[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] Ace Hazzard runs out to make the save before Thompson gets his hands on Jackie: [COLOR="Blue"]"Hey Joss, don't worry about Jackie. He can kick your ass without my help. But how about you try me tonight?"[/COLOR] [B]C- John Greed d. American Elemental[/B] A surprising upset that gives Greed a little boost and doesn't really hurt AE all that much. This will give them a little juice for a rematch. Good highflying lucha style action with Greed hitting the "Money Talks" for the win. [B]C[/B] Brent Hill hypes his Mid Southern Title match: [COLOR="Red"]"Feast your eyes people...you are looking at the Complete Package. I'm a wrestling machine. The best in the world. Art Reed, when we step in the ring tonight you can kiss the Mid Southern Title goodbye. Tonight starts the Brent Hill Era in XXCW"[/COLOR] [B]C+ Ace Hazzard d. Joss Thompson by DQ after The A* Alliance interfered[/B] Really good action as the veteran Hazzard took Thompson along for the ride and called it in the ring. Thompson was about to get beat when his cronies, Rick Douglas and Steven Parker interfered and it was a three on one beatdown on Hazzard. [B]C[/B] Zeus comes to the ring with Champagne Lover: [COLOR="Red"]"Ladies, consider yourself among the lucky tonight because you are getting to witness the greatness of Champagne Lover. Erik Strong, you can go back to your teen beat fans and let them cry and hold you once you get defeated by the Loverman!"[/COLOR] [B]B- Champagne Lover d. Erik Strong[/B] Lover looks so good in the ring and is already at a C- in popularity. Strong really kept up and these two have great chemistry. I may move Lover to a singles wrestler with Zeus acting as his mouthpiece. Lover with the Champagne Breakfast. [B]C[/B] We go to video highlights of the amazing Mid Southern Tag Title match with Hell Monkey & Plague defeating No Nonsense in a stellar match. They will face off again next month at Fortune & Glory [B]C+ Art Reed d. Brent Hill to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] These two went all out to put on a technical clinic. Intricate chain and mat wrestling coupled by highspots and a solid storyling of Hill trying to weaken Reed's neck to hit the Hillplex. Reed flipped out of a Hillplex attempt and Victory Rolled Hill for the win. [B]C+[/B] Reed holds his Mid Southern Title high for the fans and then is blindsided by an irate Brent Hill, beating him down to end the show. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C+[/B] Notes: Another C+ show as all of the workers on the roster are really stepping up their game. The lockerroom is excited about next month's Shotgun! debut/return and have vowed to turn the 3 month contract into an ongoing, successful show.

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]XXCW Collision Course[/SIZE] (02.09) 1206 fans at West Texas Coliseum[/B] ------------------------------------------------------------------ [I]Our first show ever at the 2,000 seat West Texas Coliseum and we got to squeeze in two hundred more fans for the big monthly show. Hopefully, the economy will hold up and allow us to keep running the venue[/I] [B]Dark Match: Steve Flash d. Steven Parker[/B] Great match from representatives of two of XXCW's premier tag teams. Parker is looking good but needs some seasoning. Flash carried him to a solid match [B]C[/B] Jackie Dugan comes to the ring to announce the return of XXCW Shotgun! returning to Mid South Cable Access Wed. at midnite! No sooner does he get that info out when Joss Thompson comes to ringside: [COLOR="Red"]"Well, well well...what do we have here. The ***** owner of Double Cross Championship Wrestling all by himself. Congrats on the big news boss. You have bigger problems than a new tv show, though. You've got Joss "Real Deal" Thompson to deal with. I'm going to take a piece of you for every single hair that was shaved from my head old man!!!!"[/COLOR] [B]C[/B] Ace Hazzard runs out to make the save before Thompson gets his hands on Jackie: [COLOR="Blue"]"Hey Joss, don't worry about Jackie. He can kick your ass without my help. But how about you try me tonight?"[/COLOR] [B]C- John Greed d. American Elemental[/B] A surprising upset that gives Greed a little boost and doesn't really hurt AE all that much. This will give them a little juice for a rematch. Good highflying lucha style action with Greed hitting the "Money Talks" for the win. [B]C[/B] Brent Hill hypes his Mid Southern Title match: [COLOR="Red"]"Feast your eyes people...you are looking at the Complete Package. I'm a wrestling machine. The best in the world. Art Reed, when we step in the ring tonight you can kiss the Mid Southern Title goodbye. Tonight starts the Brent Hill Era in XXCW"[/COLOR] [B]C+ Ace Hazzard d. Joss Thompson by DQ after The A* Alliance interfered[/B] Really good action as the veteran Hazzard took Thompson along for the ride and called it in the ring. Thompson was about to get beat when his cronies, Rick Douglas and Steven Parker interfered and it was a three on one beatdown on Hazzard. [B]C[/B] Zeus comes to the ring with Champagne Lover: [COLOR="Red"]"Ladies, consider yourself among the lucky tonight because you are getting to witness the greatness of Champagne Lover. Erik Strong, you can go back to your teen beat fans and let them cry and hold you once you get defeated by the Loverman!"[/COLOR] [B]B- Champagne Lover d. Erik Strong[/B] Lover looks so good in the ring and is already at a C- in popularity. Strong really kept up and these two have great chemistry. I may move Lover to a singles wrestler with Zeus acting as his mouthpiece. Lover with the Champagne Breakfast. [B]C[/B] We go to video highlights of the amazing Mid Southern Tag Title match with Hell Monkey & Plague defeating No Nonsense in a stellar match. They will face off again next month at Fortune & Glory [B]C+ Art Reed d. Brent Hill to retain the XXCW Mid Southern Title[/B] These two went all out to put on a technical clinic. Intricate chain and mat wrestling coupled by highspots and a solid storyling of Hill trying to weaken Reed's neck to hit the Hillplex. Reed flipped out of a Hillplex attempt and Victory Rolled Hill for the win. [B]C+[/B] Reed holds his Mid Southern Title high for the fans and then is blindsided by an irate Brent Hill, beating him down to end the show. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C+[/B] Notes: Another C+ show as all of the workers on the roster are really stepping up their game. The lockerroom is excited about next month's Shotgun! debut/return and have vowed to turn the 3 month contract into an ongoing, successful show.

[CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]XXCW Shotgun![/B][/SIZE] (week 1, March 2009) 898 fans at The Snake Pit in Southwest --------------------------------------------[/CENTER] Jackie Dugan opens the show from inside the ring: [COLOR="Blue"]"Wow, this is a turnout I didn't expect. I want to thank everyone in the arena here and everyone watching at home for this. XXCW is back on TV where we belong and we're here to stay! Tonight I'm going to start an 8-man tournament to decide the first ever XXCW TV Champion. The two tournament matches tonight will be, ugh, Joss Thompson vs. Joey Poison and American Elemental vs. K-Squared"[/COLOR] [B]B-[/B] Joss Thompson interrupts as he makes his way to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"I guess you don't hate me too much, do you there Jackie ol' boy. You realize that the Real Deal Joss Thompson equals ratings and there's nothing you can do about it. You need me on this show."[/COLOR] [B]C- Joss Thompson d. Joey Poison to advance in the TV Title Tournament[/B] Decent action with Poison very good in the ring but just not super over. Joss' interactions with Jackie have been getting him over in recent months. Joss with the Clean Cutter. [B]D[/B] We go to a video package of match highlights of Art Reed vs. Brent Hill. Also shown is Hill's cowardly attack on Reed after losing the match [B]C-[/B] We come back from commercial and Jackie Dugan narrates match highlights of the incredible Mid Southern Tag Title win of Hell Monkey & Plague over No Nonsense. [B]C- American Elemental d. K-Squared to advance in the TV Title Tournament[/B] Back to in ring action, a nice highflying exhibition. The TV title might be a palce where AE can shine with spectacular TV matches. [B]D[/B] Flemmy Lemming has the mic: [COLOR="Blue"]"All I keep hearing about is how amazing Samoan Machine is and how he is the future of the industry. Tonight, I'm going to show you why Flemmy Lemming should be the name on the tips of everyone's tongue!"[/COLOR] [B]C- Samoan Machine d. Flemmy Lemming by tap out[/B] Great technical match with both men working their submission specialties. The Unbreakable Sleeper was just that for Lemming though and he was forced to tap out. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: We're a little hamstrung by what we can put on TV due to both budget restraints as well as talent working elsewhere. USPW just started running TV on Monday nights so we won't have use of Hell Monkey at all. It will take a creative use of video packages to keep them "present". Overall, I was thrilled with the first show and we actually MADE money on the show. This will boost overness in both South West and Mid South.

[CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]XXCW Shotgun![/B][/SIZE] (week 1, March 2009) 898 fans at The Snake Pit in Southwest --------------------------------------------[/CENTER] Jackie Dugan opens the show from inside the ring: [COLOR="Blue"]"Wow, this is a turnout I didn't expect. I want to thank everyone in the arena here and everyone watching at home for this. XXCW is back on TV where we belong and we're here to stay! Tonight I'm going to start an 8-man tournament to decide the first ever XXCW TV Champion. The two tournament matches tonight will be, ugh, Joss Thompson vs. Joey Poison and American Elemental vs. K-Squared"[/COLOR] [B]B-[/B] Joss Thompson interrupts as he makes his way to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"I guess you don't hate me too much, do you there Jackie ol' boy. You realize that the Real Deal Joss Thompson equals ratings and there's nothing you can do about it. You need me on this show."[/COLOR] [B]C- Joss Thompson d. Joey Poison to advance in the TV Title Tournament[/B] Decent action with Poison very good in the ring but just not super over. Joss' interactions with Jackie have been getting him over in recent months. Joss with the Clean Cutter. [B]D[/B] We go to a video package of match highlights of Art Reed vs. Brent Hill. Also shown is Hill's cowardly attack on Reed after losing the match [B]C-[/B] We come back from commercial and Jackie Dugan narrates match highlights of the incredible Mid Southern Tag Title win of Hell Monkey & Plague over No Nonsense. [B]C- American Elemental d. K-Squared to advance in the TV Title Tournament[/B] Back to in ring action, a nice highflying exhibition. The TV title might be a palce where AE can shine with spectacular TV matches. [B]D[/B] Flemmy Lemming has the mic: [COLOR="Blue"]"All I keep hearing about is how amazing Samoan Machine is and how he is the future of the industry. Tonight, I'm going to show you why Flemmy Lemming should be the name on the tips of everyone's tongue!"[/COLOR] [B]C- Samoan Machine d. Flemmy Lemming by tap out[/B] Great technical match with both men working their submission specialties. The Unbreakable Sleeper was just that for Lemming though and he was forced to tap out. [B]C[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: We're a little hamstrung by what we can put on TV due to both budget restraints as well as talent working elsewhere. USPW just started running TV on Monday nights so we won't have use of Hell Monkey at all. It will take a creative use of video packages to keep them "present". Overall, I was thrilled with the first show and we actually MADE money on the show. This will boost overness in both South West and Mid South.

[CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Shotgun![/SIZE][/B] (week 2, March 2009) 300 fans at Hunter's Town Hall in Mid West ----------------------------------------- [IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B]Dark Match: The A* Alliance d. Ben Williams/Flemmy Lemming[/B] Very 'eh' match as none of the four are over in the midwest. Since we'll be hitting this region once a month or so, I wanted to get Douglas and Parker some face time. [B]E[/B] The show opens with John Greed in the ring. Snap Dragon is introduced to a decent pop. [B]Snap Dragon d. John Greed[/B] Greed has surprisingly snuck up to a C- overness in our home Mid South region. Good match between two great aerial artists. Dragon wins with the Dragon's Breath. [B]D[/B] Jackie Dugan hypes tonight's big main event...Tim Westybrook vs. Plague! [B]C-[/B] We go to a video promoting Brendon Idol and Steve Flash...the team known as Sudden Impact! [B]E Nevada Nuclear d. Ace Hazzard to advance in the TV Title Tournament[/B] Joss Thompson got involved in this match and cost the veteran Hazzard the match. Good hard hitting action as Ace led the younger Nuclear to a decent match. [B]D[/B] Rick Douglas and Steven Parker charge out from the back and help Joss Thompson to beat down Ace Hazzard in the middle of the ring! Not able to take anymore, Jackie Dugan charges out with a baseball bat to clear the ring and save his longtime friend. [B]E[/B] Art Reed cuts a videotaped promo hyping his upcoming title defense at Fortune & Glory: [COLOR="Blue"]"Brent Hill, I give you all the credit in the world. You are an amazing technical wrestler. You have all the skills. Hell, you may even be better at the mat game than me. But you don't have the heart of a champion. What you may outweigh me in raw skill, I outmatch you in passion and determination. I've beaten you once and you couldn't handle it. You hurt my ankle with your backjumping. Come Fortune & Glory, I'm going to suck it up and do what it takes to beat you again."[/COLOR] [B]C- Tim Westybrook d. Plague[/B] A great followup to the groundbreaking tag title match at Collision Course. Westybrook' awesome power and conditiong matched up well with Plague's high flying, reckless style. Plague let it all hang out and risked bodily injury by flinging himself around the ring at Tim. Westybrook won it with the Iron Bomb. [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: The one week streak of making money on a tv taping ended with a thud this week. That's ok though and was expected. Running one show a month in Mid West will boost the overness there and we'll still get a pop in Mid South.

[CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"]XXCW Shotgun![/SIZE][/B] (week 2, March 2009) 300 fans at Hunter's Town Hall in Mid West ----------------------------------------- [IMG]http://www.johnkeating.biz/TEW/XXCW.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B]Dark Match: The A* Alliance d. Ben Williams/Flemmy Lemming[/B] Very 'eh' match as none of the four are over in the midwest. Since we'll be hitting this region once a month or so, I wanted to get Douglas and Parker some face time. [B]E[/B] The show opens with John Greed in the ring. Snap Dragon is introduced to a decent pop. [B]Snap Dragon d. John Greed[/B] Greed has surprisingly snuck up to a C- overness in our home Mid South region. Good match between two great aerial artists. Dragon wins with the Dragon's Breath. [B]D[/B] Jackie Dugan hypes tonight's big main event...Tim Westybrook vs. Plague! [B]C-[/B] We go to a video promoting Brendon Idol and Steve Flash...the team known as Sudden Impact! [B]E Nevada Nuclear d. Ace Hazzard to advance in the TV Title Tournament[/B] Joss Thompson got involved in this match and cost the veteran Hazzard the match. Good hard hitting action as Ace led the younger Nuclear to a decent match. [B]D[/B] Rick Douglas and Steven Parker charge out from the back and help Joss Thompson to beat down Ace Hazzard in the middle of the ring! Not able to take anymore, Jackie Dugan charges out with a baseball bat to clear the ring and save his longtime friend. [B]E[/B] Art Reed cuts a videotaped promo hyping his upcoming title defense at Fortune & Glory: [COLOR="Blue"]"Brent Hill, I give you all the credit in the world. You are an amazing technical wrestler. You have all the skills. Hell, you may even be better at the mat game than me. But you don't have the heart of a champion. What you may outweigh me in raw skill, I outmatch you in passion and determination. I've beaten you once and you couldn't handle it. You hurt my ankle with your backjumping. Come Fortune & Glory, I'm going to suck it up and do what it takes to beat you again."[/COLOR] [B]C- Tim Westybrook d. Plague[/B] A great followup to the groundbreaking tag title match at Collision Course. Westybrook' awesome power and conditiong matched up well with Plague's high flying, reckless style. Plague let it all hang out and risked bodily injury by flinging himself around the ring at Tim. Westybrook won it with the Iron Bomb. [B]C-[/B] Overall Show: [B]C-[/B] Notes: The one week streak of making money on a tv taping ended with a thud this week. That's ok though and was expected. Running one show a month in Mid West will boost the overness there and we'll still get a pop in Mid South.

Archived