TNA & ROH: Together At Last

[SIZE="4"][I]This Diary Is Based On The Fictional Game TEW And In No Way Has Any Bases In Real Life[/I] 1992 Vince McMahon, under the stress of the major scandal of steroid abuse and loss of his biggest star in Hulk Hogan, has a heart attack that almost kills him. Under the strong advice of his doctors and pleading from his family, Vince is forced to sell the World Wrestling Federation. After months of searching and rumors of many different buyers (Ted Turner being one of them) Vince found the man he would sell the WWF to. Self made millionaire and big time wrestling fan Robert Nigro. Over the next few years Robert brought the World Wrestling Federation to the top of the wrestling world like never before. Fast forward to the year 2000. Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Championship Wrestling have folded, and Robert brought the WWF public. People bought shares in the WWF stock and things were looking great. Robert was about to make a bid for the rights to WCW when he had the majority share of the WWF bought out from under him. The buyer? It was none other than Vince McMahon, the ex-owner of the WWF. It was no secret that Vince and Robert did not get along and Vince hated what Robert was doing to the WWF. He heard his plans that Robert had for a WCW invasion and takeover of WWF Monday Night Raw, turning it into WCW Monday Nitro. Vince was outraged and immediately put a plan into action that would bring the WWF back under his control. Robert, not content to take orders from Vince, left the WWF and has been sitting by the sidelines watching the pro-wrestling scene. Vince took the WWE (he lost a lawsuit to the World Wildlife Federation saying that he could not use the initials WWF anymore) and totally bombed the WCW invasion angle. Move forward to 2006. Robert has become a huge fan of TNA and ROH and hated the stale product that the WWE has been putting out. Vince then decided to bring back ECW and use an edger product and Robert knew the upstart company TNA was in trouble. Robert had an idea, an idea that could change the face of wrestling forever. However he first had to meet with ROH owners Gabe Sapolsky & Cary Silkin, and TNA owners Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter. To Be Continued... [/SIZE]

The Meeting [SIZE="4"]It was a tense environment; the bomb that had just been laid on them was a big one. Around the circular table sat Gabe Sapolsky & Cary Silkin, the guys in charge of independent promotion Ring Of Honor. On the other side sat Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett, the owners of NWA: Total Non-Stop Action wrestling. And at the head of the table were self-made millionaire, wrestling fan, and former Head Booker of the WWE, Robert Nigro. “You’ve got to be kidding Robert,” Jeff Jarrett said, “You want to buy TNA and ROH?” “Its no joke,” Robert answered. “I have a vision of a whole new era of professional wrestling. Both TNA and ROH have some of the greatest pro-wrestlers the world has ever seen. The World Wrestling Federation is full of hacks and actors, however with the return of ECW, Vince wants to use the edgier, more hard-hitting action that ROH and TNA are known for. It is no secret that Vince is going to raid TNA and ROH for their best guys, and neither one of you have the money to compete with him for contracts. TNA and ROH will be dead before they even had a chance to really shine.” Cary Silkin let out a disbelieving huff. “This wouldn’t have anything to do with a personal vendetta against Vince for buying the WWE out from under you, would it?” Robert smiled at this, “I would be lying if I said I would not get some satisfaction out of competing with Vince, but what I really want, is to see the professional wrestling industry return to its former glory. I think we all owe it to the fans out there to give them something beside the WWE.” Dixie Carter looked intrigued. “But how would it work Rob? What would we all do? I mean, I love TNA and I don’t want to leave it.” “First off,” Robert continued, “You would all still have a position in the new organization. I would never let any of you leave what you have fought so hard to build. As far as how things will run, well, now that’s the good part…” To Be Continued... [/SIZE]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived