PLEASE tell me this feature will be in Wrespi 2

Please tell me your AI opponent will be able to be disqualified. The one thing that frustrated me in Wrespi 1 was that the AI couldn't get disqualified. It could fight as dirty as it wished--but if you step over the line yourself, DQ! Adam please tell me this is in :).

Well firstly you're incorrect about WreSpi1, and this has been covered before - it couldn't "fight as dirty as it wished" at all. You can't get DQed on a Medium Cheating move, both the player and CPU can use that as many times as they like. You can only get DQed via a High Cheating move, and the CPU wouldn't use them if it got to a point where it would get disqualified. If you were getting DQed from using them then that's your fault for selecting that move. Secondly the CPU can select to get itself DQed if it wishes, but unless there's a title on the line or it's getting totally destroyed, there's almost no point in it doing so.

Remember, getting yourself disqualified means you'd get the loser's share of the purse, so there [b]is[/b] no reason to do so unless it's to save a championship when you're getting your ass kicked. :D And secondly, you almost have to commit murder to get disqualified in WreSpi1. Low blow? Chairshot? Brass knuckles to the face? All fine by those refs :)

As long as the CPU CAN get DQ'd when appropriate in Wrespi 2. And BTW, I don't know if it's something to do with DOTT, but I was playing an exhibition match as Shawn Michaels vs. Mark Calloway, normal 1 vs 1, and he gave me three, count them, THREE consecutive Tombstone Piledrivers on a steel chair before graciously deciding to pin me and put me out of my misery. No DQ, just pain. Not a big deal--it does happen there though. Like I said, maybe it's something to do with the mod. It hurt though--after that match I needed a couple of Tylenol for real :).

• 1 month later...
I've been having a shocking amount of opponents DQ themselves lately. I've got a pitiful 14-1-34 record and over half (8 to be exact) of my wins have been because the computer opponent decides to go a little crazy. Its at the point where I wonder if it might even be a bug. I mean, don't get me wrong, I need all the help I can get apparently but its a little surprising when the computer does a deliberate disqualfication. I'm playing with DOTT and the current temporary patch applied. 4 of my DQ wins have been in Southwest Championship wrestling (a hardcore fed) in non-hardcore matches. 2 each over Luke Williams (who can't help himself , he just has to load up that coal miner's glove) and Killer Tim Brooks (who insists I am a bird and likes helping me fly over the top rope). I would've had another DQ win over Brooks but I actually avoided his latest attempt to throw me over the top ropes. Another two of the DQ wins have occured in the UWF where top rope moves are illegal. Again though, some of my opponents can't help themselves - it seems they need to feel the rush of flying off the top even if it will guarentee a DQ. Anyway, I've been putting my purse winnings from these wins to good use and hopefully I'll start winning more on my own merits, but I'm curious, has anyone else been seeing any of these kinds of wins?

I've seen quite a few DQs in DOTT as well, especially in Mid-South where Bill Watts and his no top rope rule reign supreme. In an RTL game, the opponents are monstrously difficult at first. It's like they're literally trying to stretch my green rookie in there. Once in a while I get some token offense in, and usually either someone chucks me over the top and I get the win or I get pinned on empty momentum while the opponent has full. It gets easier when you start to upgrade your skills though.

I actually like that wrestler's flip out sometimes in DOTT. The sense of a cheap win seems to fuel my wrestler to prove himself the next time around. Plus, it adds character to the AI. For example, if I am fighting someone way up on the card who gets himself DQ'ed, I imagine that the guy was so frustrated having to fight 'inferior' opponents, he took it out on my hide by any means. Or in many cases, the opponent beats me down only for my wrestler to mount a comeback. At that point, frustration sinks in and I pick up a DQ win. I might end up tweaking that in DOTT, but I don't know. Again, I like it... most of the time, at least. :)

I am using the original data, and I was in a feud with Mean Maching in MAW for the Hvywt. title in a 5 match feud. 1st match - He got DQed to retain w/ Brass knux 2nd match - I won the title 3rd - match - He got DQed w/the brass knux 4th match - I got some payback and got myself DQed by putting him through a table w/ a top rope legdrop. 5th match - I pinned him to kill the feud. I was hoping for a specialty match somewhere along the line but it never went down. but, was definitely the most fun feud I've had in either Wrestling Spirit games so far.

Archived