just found this funny (Wrestle Society X).

mystic

I was looking at prowrestling.com and found this note about the joke known as Wrestle Society X. (the new idea that MTV wants to do). For individuals interested in attending these television tapings, there is one requirement. You have to be young and you have to look good for television, as MTV officials doesn't want "ugly" people attending this thing - they only want "pretty" people. People that attended the inaugural TV tapings back in February were required to send in a headshot. Also, MTV paid some models to stand in the crowd during the tapings.

• 2 months later...
Wrestling Society X Update from pwinsider.com WRESTLING SOCIETY X UPDATE The Wrestling Society X series has opened an official MySpace.com page to begin establishing an online presence for the upstart project. According to one source, the page was originally created by a fan who passed it off as a legitimate authorized page but has since been usurped by WSX officials. The plan is to use the page as a way to distribute tickets to planned tapings that will begin sometime this October, as mentioned yesterday on PWInsider.com. There is no official WSX website currently online, although there is a .com site using the company's name that does not have any actual affiliation with the WSX promotion.

Just look at it as another wrestling show which wrestling really needs. I would also probably just go to PWInsider.com. Most of those other sites are just a bunch of B.S or rumour sites, even if it says "wrestling" in the address. I doubt the "ugly" rule is true. All you needed to attend the taping was to fill out a release form since it's a TV show taping. No pictures. You did need an ID so people under 18 don't enter without an adult with them. It's also wrestling, people aren't pretty, whether that goes for the fans or the wrestlers. They did put MTV people in the crowd with Warped Tour shirts and crap like that. But there was a predominant number of wrestling fans. I personally, am looking foward to this. They have wrestlers like Vampiro, Syxx Pac, Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, and Matt Sydal just to name a few. They also had Black Label Society perform at the Pilot taping. But the downside I think of the show is just the length of it. 30 Minutes for a wrestling show? Oh well. If you guys are fans of "wrestling" in general, you'd realize that any wrestling on TV is a plus for the wrestling business. Not just having WWE on TV or TNA on TV. More the better. I'm hoping for sometime around next year, that wrestling would be on TV every day of the week(maybe minus Sunday, but that's for PPVs).

[QUOTE=Travis;137519]If you guys are fans of "wrestling" in general, you'd realize that any wrestling on TV is a plus for the wrestling business. Not just having WWE on TV or TNA on TV. More the better. I'm hoping for sometime around next year, that wrestling would be on TV every day of the week(maybe minus Sunday, but that's for PPVs).[/QUOTE] Actually, that's a defeatist perspective. "Anything is better than nothing" sounds eerily similar to "It's not whether you win or lose...", at least to me. Yes, Wrestling Society X will raise the profile of pro wrestling as a whole simply as a result of its mainstream, widespread exposure. But then again, it could also change the perception of pro wrestling much the same way as WWE has to date. Does anyone consider WWE "wrestling" or is it, as Vince is apt to say, "sports entertainment" (with the emphasis on 'entertainment'). There can be a middle ground, where a show is both true to its roots in wrestling AND entertaining at the same time but it's easier to go with flash over function, style over substance, so that's what companies will do. Besides, the buzz over this particular product has been so overwhelmingly negative (even amongst casual fans) that I doubt it's going to do very well after its first month.

I think of it as you either like it or you don't. There's not really a middle ground. There's the pure fans, entertainment fans, and the fans that like Heavy music and wrestling. As to the win or lose thing, it's not really my thing. As much as I want wrestling on TV and in the mainstream, I absolutely hate the WWE product. I can't stand watching what so many people think of as wrestling. There is so many other wrestling promotions out there that don't get publicity that need new viewers. Whether that be casual or rabid fans that might not have heard of the company before. I do however love TNA and ROH and the newly show WSX just for the actual talent that is on the rosters. Just to put it out there, I would watch WSX for the bands and for guys like Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, Mat Sydal, Syxx Pac, and Vampiro. I could care less for any "you need to look like this" B.S.

[QUOTE=Travis;137821]I think of it as you either like it or you don't. There's not really a middle ground. There's the pure fans, entertainment fans, and the fans that like Heavy music and wrestling. As to the win or lose thing, it's not really my thing. As much as I want wrestling on TV and in the mainstream, I absolutely hate the WWE product. I can't stand watching what so many people think of as wrestling. There is so many other wrestling promotions out there that don't get publicity that need new viewers. Whether that be casual or rabid fans that might not have heard of the company before. I do however love TNA and ROH and the newly show WSX just for the actual talent that is on the rosters. Just to put it out there, I would watch WSX for the bands and for guys like Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, Mat Sydal, Syxx Pac, and Vampiro. I could care less for any "you need to look like this" B.S.[/QUOTE] Oh, I totally agree with you. The talent they have lined up is impressive. But come on, a 30 minute show is going to mean you might see 4 of those guys put on blatant spotfests just to get crowd reactions. I don't think there's going to be any psychology used whatsoever. It will definitely help those guys become known to a larger audience (which is bound to end up in fatter paychecks for them elsewhere, no doubt) but my concern is what a friend called "the WWEification of wrestling", where you get folks like the Great Khali who can't wrestle a lick but "get over" anyway. Meanwhile, you have folks like Joe, Danielson, and the like, who can actually put it down in the ring, basically resigned to their cult followings. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with cult followings but they don't generally pan out for wrestling like they do for other things (see: Firefly). My concern is that this is going to further dumb down an audience that could be educated instead. It's these same people who chant "BOOOOOOORING" when two technicians go at it simply because they're not seeing a hurricanrana or flipping neckbreaker every 10 seconds (for no apparent rhyme or reason). There's a reason why Japanese workers are generally more skilled in the ring than their American counterparts. American wrestlers don't need to learn the basics and psychology and such. All they need to do is hit the gym for 6 hours a day and tone up or go see Dr. Leibowitz for 50ccs of saline along with a visit to Frederick Fekkai for a top-notch blond coloring. So the American audience generally isn't as sophisticated when it comes to wrestling. I mean really, could you see Chris Masters in NJPW?!? You think John Cena gets heckled here, imagine what kind of reaction he'd get in Japan trying to finish a match with the F-U. Honestly, I wish MTV would've chosen to pick up an existing promotion to broadcast rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. ROH would [B]KILL[/B] on VH-1. [B][I]KILL[/I][/B], I tell you. With VH-1's typical audience, ROH would be National by 2010, easy.

[QUOTE=Remianen;137918]a 30 minute show is going to mean you might see 4 of those guys put on blatant spotfests just to get crowd reactions.... My concern is that this is going to further dumb down an audience that could be educated instead. It's these same people who chant "BOOOOOOORING" when two technicians go at it simply because they're not seeing a hurricanrana or flipping neckbreaker every 10 seconds (for no apparent rhyme or reason). Honestly, I wish MTV would've chosen to pick up an existing promotion to broadcast rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. ROH would [B]KILL[/B] on VH-1. [B][I]KILL[/I][/B], I tell you. With VH-1's typical audience, ROH would be National by 2010, easy.[/QUOTE] Well in a way we might be able to see marathons of WSX. In the beginning they'll show the 1st show. Then a week later they'll show a new one and probably have the repeat of the 1st show right after it. Then the next week we'll see a new show followed by a repeat of the 2nd show and so on. But by the end of the season, they'll likely have a marathon or a 2 part marathon where they put on all of the shows for that season. They do that for alot of shows whether it be on MTV or VH1. And hopefully with the way they tape the shows in the future, each episode could build up to a big event. Maybe if they build up a fued of sorts on their shows, they could build it up to a Season Finale where they could possibly have a longer show to put on the really good matches and bands on. It could happen, you never know. I also agree with the "stupidify" type of show. I got off watching WWE about 4 years ago when ROH and TNA hit the scene and I was saved. Then about 2 months ago I watched episodes of Raw and Smackdown in a week and I almost thought I forgot what wrestling was. I Swear. It's also not too late to put other wrestling shows on VH1 or MTV. I can't see why there wouldn't atleast be a possibility even if WSX is on their schedules.

• 1 month later...
found on prowrestling.com and pwinsider.com The new independent wrestling federation Wrestling Society X, will tape its first season in Los Angeles from 11/11-11/17. The tapings will be produced as TV shows, meaning they will re-shoot things for the best production values, not go "live to tape" like most traditional wrestling shows have. The weekly series is expected to be 30 minutes in length. Among those signed for the series are Vampiro, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, and Teddy Hart, among others.

found on prowrestling.com and pwinsider.com The new independent wrestling federation Wrestling Society X, will tape its first season in Los Angeles from 11/11-11/17. The tapings will be produced as TV shows, meaning they will re-shoot things for the best production values, not go "live to tape" like most traditional wrestling shows have. The weekly series is expected to be 30 minutes in length. Among those signed for the series are Vampiro, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, and Teddy Hart, among others.

I know WSX is gonna really badly suck i saw that thing before about not being ugly which is really dumb cuz half the time you cant even see the people in the crowd ... but this does fit MTV in a way.... Music Television... they never show music videos anymore so this would be perfect for them ... Im never going to watch it havent for about a year now but what a disappointment that such talented wrestlers are in a joke program.... Matt Sydal, Jack Evans, Vampiro, and even Sean Waltman used to be signed with them but i dont know if he still is.

I know WSX is gonna really badly suck i saw that thing before about not being ugly which is really dumb cuz half the time you cant even see the people in the crowd ... but this does fit MTV in a way.... Music Television... they never show music videos anymore so this would be perfect for them ... Im never going to watch it havent for about a year now but what a disappointment that such talented wrestlers are in a joke program.... Matt Sydal, Jack Evans, Vampiro, and even Sean Waltman used to be signed with them but i dont know if he still is.

• 2 weeks later...
found on pwinsider.com TICKET DETAILS FOR MTV'S WRESTLING SOCIETY X TV TAPINGS NEXT MONTH by Mike Johnson @ 5:50:00 PM on 10/15/2006 At today's WWE Supershow in Los Angeles, California, flyers were given out promoting the November Wrestling Society X TV Tapings, advertising Vampiro, 6-Pac (Sean Waltman), Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, Kaos & Aguilera (Aaron Aguilera, formerly Jesus in WWE), Matt Sydal, Lizzy Valentine, and The Human Tornado. The flyer noted that ticket requests for the tapings needed to be received by 10/22 with further information available at [url]www.IWantmyWSX.com[/url]. The schedule listed on the website notes a morning taping on 11/11, followed by two tapings daily from 11/12-11/15. WSX will tape 9 thirty minute episodes the week of 11/11-11/18 in the Los Angeles area. The previously taped pilot from several months ago will used as the debut episode when the series premieres. The first season looks to clock in at 10 episodes.

found on pwinsider.com TICKET DETAILS FOR MTV'S WRESTLING SOCIETY X TV TAPINGS NEXT MONTH by Mike Johnson @ 5:50:00 PM on 10/15/2006 At today's WWE Supershow in Los Angeles, California, flyers were given out promoting the November Wrestling Society X TV Tapings, advertising Vampiro, 6-Pac (Sean Waltman), Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, Kaos & Aguilera (Aaron Aguilera, formerly Jesus in WWE), Matt Sydal, Lizzy Valentine, and The Human Tornado. The flyer noted that ticket requests for the tapings needed to be received by 10/22 with further information available at [url]www.IWantmyWSX.com[/url]. The schedule listed on the website notes a morning taping on 11/11, followed by two tapings daily from 11/12-11/15. WSX will tape 9 thirty minute episodes the week of 11/11-11/18 in the Los Angeles area. The previously taped pilot from several months ago will used as the debut episode when the series premieres. The first season looks to clock in at 10 episodes.

[QUOTE=mystic;152863]The new independent wrestling federation Wrestling Society X, will tape its first season in Los Angeles from 11/11-11/17. [B][I]The tapings will be produced as TV shows, meaning they will re-shoot things for the best production values, not go "live to tape" like most traditional wrestling shows have.[/I][/B] The weekly series is expected to be 30 minutes in length.[/QUOTE] Judging by the part I emphasized, I'm inclined to think weirdo_man pegged it. Kayfabe will be dead and stinkin' on this show and I can see them actually filming the workers putting the matches together backstage. And how long before Teddy Hart has some kind of confrontation with someone and do you think they won't air that? :) I'm probably gonna have to agree that this is basically going to be The Real World: Wrestling! All they need is Bunim-Murray to produce it.

[QUOTE=mystic;152863]The new independent wrestling federation Wrestling Society X, will tape its first season in Los Angeles from 11/11-11/17. [B][I]The tapings will be produced as TV shows, meaning they will re-shoot things for the best production values, not go "live to tape" like most traditional wrestling shows have.[/I][/B] The weekly series is expected to be 30 minutes in length.[/QUOTE] Judging by the part I emphasized, I'm inclined to think weirdo_man pegged it. Kayfabe will be dead and stinkin' on this show and I can see them actually filming the workers putting the matches together backstage. And how long before Teddy Hart has some kind of confrontation with someone and do you think they won't air that? :) I'm probably gonna have to agree that this is basically going to be The Real World: Wrestling! All they need is Bunim-Murray to produce it.

If you've read up on WSX on PWInsider, you would know that they only re-tape segments for non wrestling segments, such as Interviews and any Musical performance. The wrestling will stay intact and not be re-done. geeze, you guys really need to lay off the rumour sites. And just to confirm to you guys what rumour sites are, they're the ones that have advertisements that say "Stacy Keibler in Playboy...Read more here!!!" Go to [url]http://www.pwinsider.com/latestnews.asp[/url] or [url]www.sescoops.com[/url] to get actual wrestling news on not made up crap by a few 14 year olds with their parent's credit card.

If you've read up on WSX on PWInsider, you would know that they only re-tape segments for non wrestling segments, such as Interviews and any Musical performance. The wrestling will stay intact and not be re-done. geeze, you guys really need to lay off the rumour sites. And just to confirm to you guys what rumour sites are, they're the ones that have advertisements that say "Stacy Keibler in Playboy...Read more here!!!" Go to [url]http://www.pwinsider.com/latestnews.asp[/url] or [url]www.sescoops.com[/url] to get actual wrestling news on not made up crap by a few 14 year olds with their parent's credit card.

• 2 months later...

Archived