GIMP Pic Cutting Tutorial "Pic Cutting 101"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks sooo much Bobinc!!! Awesome tutorial. I can't believe how long I've wanted to cut pics but haven't had the slightest idea how:confused: This thread can't be bumped enough:p Any chance of Sticky Adam??? This is such a help for newbies especially wanting to cut pics of themselves or friends

[QUOTE=CarlitoCoool]Thanks sooo much Bobinc!!! Awesome tutorial. I can't believe how long I've wanted to cut pics but haven't had the slightest idea how:confused: This thread can't be bumped enough:p Any chance of Sticky Adam??? This is such a help for newbies especially wanting to cut pics of themselves or friends[/QUOTE] I second that, this is great conviction to the modding cause!

Great tutorial, but I found it confusing. It seems a lot of work using GIMP for everything. I also use GIMP for my pictures. Only 5 are on here though, but I prefer to get it to the right size on paint first. 1) On Paint, I take a picture and make a perfect square (to avoid distortion) around the bit I want on the finished picture. 2) Then resize it to 150x150, and save. 3) Now go to GIMP and open the BACKGROUND. (I use KyKy, but whatever you want). 4) Then OPEN AS LAYER the 150x150 picture you saved from paint. This will automatically go on the 150x150 background. I then enlarge by 400% (it's easier for the next stage.) 5) Use the HAND-DRAWN REGIONS tool and select all around the area you want to REMOVE from the picture (not the head). 6) Then use the ERASE TO BACKGROUND OR TRANSPARENCY tool to see the background behind the original picture. 7) Go to IMAGE on the toolbar, and then FLATTEN IMAGE. Now save the picture as a .jpg (Optional) Go to paint and open the image. You can then add a 1 pixel border around the edge. Then save. You have just made a picture. That's how I do it. Sorry there isn't any pictures, I did this in about 10 minutes. Here's an example of my work below. It's the picture I did whilst describing this.

Bobinc, that picture was done on paint AND saved as .jpg. Is it messed up? Paint doesn't mess anything up unless you change the format that it's saved in, and as it was saved in GIMP as a jpeg, there's no problems. The Lordi pics I did ages ago weren't jpegs originally but they came out alright. I just think that doing as little as possible on GIMP is best. It might be good, but it can be complicated when you don't know what you're doing. And this tutorial is for people who don't know what they're doing, right?

[QUOTE=jonlawson]hehe, I think I've become like a monster on this,...I just finished an Undertaker one in less than 5 minutes :P I'll post it here soon :)[/QUOTE] Thats about a good average time for each pic once you get the "Simon Dean Weight Syst... I mean BobInc Pic System down." :D

mine. For my E-Fed Character [COLOR="Red"]T[/COLOR]he [COLOR="Red"]S[/COLOR]avage [COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/jagilki/TS1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/jagilki/CMPunk.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/jagilki/Redneck.jpg[/IMG] ]edit[ Forgot to mention, this is my first attempt. ]edit2[ Did a CM Punk w/bobincs ECW BG. ]edit last ever period[ did a "Redneck"

Thank you very much, bobinc. I'm really grateful. I'll probably be doing ton of these pic's form now on. :p Well, here is my first. Used the WrestleMania Background. [IMG]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4060/hulkhogan1iw.jpg[/IMG]

BobInc, thanks man, i owe you this tutorial. I've done alot of pics based off the tutorial and im mad grateful. however, i have run into one dilemhma (im sure its easy to fix), lets say you get a picture off the internet of for ex: Kane and its a pic from [url]www.wwe.com[/url] (and you know how HUGE their pics are) and then you open it at GIMP and it opens as a HUGE picture. My problem is then i do the whole "add alpha" and "selection" thing but when i want to resize the cut picture later to a "150x150", before I can click save, it will automatically resize the pic to like "150x100" or some size thats [B][U]NOT[/U] "150x150"[/B]. this is the only thing i need help with. what do i do?

[QUOTE=Killa Cam 4 TEW 2005]BobInc, thanks man, i owe you this tutorial. I've done alot of pics based off the tutorial and im mad grateful. however, i have run into one dilemhma (im sure its easy to fix), lets say you get a picture off the internet of for ex: Kane and its a pic from [url]www.wwe.com[/url] (and you know how HUGE their pics are) and then you open it at GIMP and it opens as a HUGE picture. My problem is then i do the whole "add alpha" and "selection" thing but when i want to resize the cut picture later to a "150x150", before I can click save, it will automatically resize the pic to like "150x100" or some size thats [B][U]NOT[/U] "150x150"[/B]. this is the only thing i need help with. what do i do?[/QUOTE] Make sure that little chain link is broken in the resize window otherwise it will change your numbers. Not exactly sure of the term to use or it uses for what it does. :confused: Let me know if that helps?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived