UFC - Into the New Millenium

cInRZ3Q.jpg

zHDQh1N.jpg

"Look, this is the fiercest form of competition in anywhere in the world. It takes real guts to stand in front a cage, opposite another guy and know that you both are in there to knock the piss out of each other. It's a visceral thing and I love it! In terms of where the UFC is going, we're still in our infancy stage but we're expanding and expanding fast. We're expanding our list of fighters to accommodate more weight divisions and give opportunities to more guys who want to step into the Octagon in front of thousands of people and say 'I'm here and I want to be the best!'. UFC 24 is our next event and it's gonna be a tournament to crown the first ever Middleweight champion and you don't want to miss it!"

A/N. This is my first WMMA dynasty attempt since my UFC - As real as it gets effort on WMMA 4. I enjoyed the hell out of that and then life got in the way and I just genuinely forgot about it.

Anyway, I'm a casual MMA fan at best and knew almost nothing of UFC in it's early days but we're all here for fun and to indulge in fantasy and reality based stuff. This'll be treated as more of a 'What's Going On In Your Game' sort of thread as opposed to an official dynasty, I guess. We'll see where it goes.

cInRZ3Q.jpg

UFC 24 held a one-night tournament to crown the first-ever Middleweight champion in the UFC with 8 fierce competitors vie-ing for the gold. Here's how it all went down.

UFC 24 - Murder in the Middleweight

New Jersey

Attendance: 1,843

Main Card

Middleweight Tournament - Quarter Finals

Anderson Silva def. Matt Lindland by KO in 4:14 of Round 3

Murilo Bustamante def. Evan Tanner by UD (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Rich Franklin def. Dave Menne by KO in 1:02 of Round 1

Yuki Kondo def. Eugene Jackson by Submission in 2:41 of Round 2

Middleweight Tournament - Semi Finals

Anderson Silva def. Murilo Bustamante by KO in 4:35 of Round 2

Rich Franklin def. Yuki Kondo by UD (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Semi-Main

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Renato Sobral def. Tim Ladjk by TKO in 1:10 of Round 1

Middleweight Tournament - Final

Rich Franklin def. Anderson Silva by Split Decision (46-49, 48-47, 49-47)

Rich Franklin wins the UFC Middleweight Title

Qrnp4kG.jpg

Dana's thoughts

That was a pretty good ****ing show aside from the main event ending in controversy! Not only was the outcome a spli decision that gave Franklin the gold. How you can get one guy so convinced of Silva's victory while the other 2 edged to Franklin blows my mind! A split with the score closer on the Silva card, makes sense, but no. Either way, a good card and the Middleweight division now jumps to life in exciting fashion. Bring on UFC 25.