PBS1.0 storylines/angles released

[QUOTE=panix04]sorry this is a bit late, there is an angle in there it is something like 'guest comentator insults singles.' Edit: the files have been sent accross to TCP now V1.1 is complete. So dont post any suggestions now until after the new version arrives, you never know they might already be in there. A full list of what has changed can be found on page1 of this post - i hope you all like it![/QUOTE] Something along these lines but, there are angles in the pack that don't seem to make much sense. Like, there's an angle named "Talk Show Host Grossly Insults Guest(s)" and the person being insulted has a 'Medium' injury risk. Why? The angle kinda makes a person believe they're just words. How could a worker tear cartilage from someone calling them a 'fag' (the American definition of the term) or something?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D havent you ever pulled your hamstring 'cos someone called you a numpty? It happens to the best of us! I didnt spot that, but if you come accross any post the exact name here or pm me and i will fix them for the next edition.

That particular angle is from the DOTT storyline 'Hot Rod and the Superfly'. As it goes along with another angle that makes up the infamous Piper's Pit episode where Piper attacks Snuka, I wanted it as such. I suppose that is the hassle of using scenario specific angles/storylines in this project. People have no real way of knowing where they are coming from; they'll just assume errors.

indeed, i have not actually checked the angle myself. But if it made sense in the context of the original story i will leave it as it is. Incidentally, have you had chance to check out the mod? If so let me know what you think im such a big fan of DOTT i would love to hear your opinions/suggestions.

With that one, might be best to chage the description to better reflect the intent - the interviewer ends up attacking the guest, and wailing on them with some foreign object or another (a coconut in this case, an acoustic guitar when Honky Tonk Man repised the angle with Jake Roberts etc.)

[QUOTE=panix04]numpty[/QUOTE] OMG someone else who says numpty! I thought it was just my dad...unless...you are my dad :eek: I'll try and do the storyline I said I'd do for the 1.2 release, now that my exams are finished and I have two months until I'm back to school :D

right, hopefully you have all tried V1.1 with TCP's mod, i wont bother posting it seperatly as you can all get it from the fall of the one ring circus post. But for those of you who have used it, any thoughts? Do you like it? Any areas i can improve?

Its an awesome mod all on its own dude. The only thing I can say negitive is that there are still a couple of repeated angles, mostly from what Ive seen in the Hype area. Also another angle you could add are a tag team being worked out by their manager (ala The Naturals and Shane Douglas from this past week on Impact).

[QUOTE=The Stallion]Its an awesome mod all on its own dude. The only thing I can say negitive is that there are still a couple of repeated angles, mostly from what Ive seen in the Hype area. Also another angle you could add are a tag team being worked out by their manager (ala The Naturals and Shane Douglas from this past week on Impact).[/QUOTE] Good Answer! Good Answer! (end of Family Feud moment)

[QUOTE=The Stallion]Its an awesome mod all on its own dude. The only thing I can say negitive is that there are still a couple of repeated angles, mostly from what Ive seen in the Hype area. Also another angle you could add are a tag team being worked out by their manager (ala The Naturals and Shane Douglas from this past week on Impact).[/QUOTE] soz mat, i dont get to watch impact! I am suprised there are still duplicates in there if you let me know as and when you find them i will get rid of them for the next version

Just a quick note. My mythic stuff is still alive. Hit some time constraints and had a setback by accidentally deleting my Theft of Thor's Hammer translation. But the schedule lightens up in the next day or two. On the upside, I have a couple stories that just need testing before I whip them over to Panix and hope to do that testing over the weekend.

great news cappy! Thanks to you and sebplex im not going to have to write any storys to hit my 5 per month quota! Which is good good because im really busy at the moment. Plnety of people have been pm'ing me with various things that need tweaking. I will fix all of these for the next version. Good work people!

[QUOTE=panix04]great news cappy! Thanks to you and sebplex im not going to have to write any storys to hit my 5 per month quota! Which is good good because im really busy at the moment. Plnety of people have been pm'ing me with various things that need tweaking. I will fix all of these for the next version. Good work people![/QUOTE] Yup, you'll have my stuff by the weekend. I was hoping to wrap it up today, but I realised I'd overcomplicated a storyline in order to make it less linear, so I'll need to rework and simplify it. Shouldn't take too, too long, but it'll have to wait till the weekend. Also during my frustration, I spent a little time remaking a couple of retro-WWF/E segments and toyed with recreating the Billy & Chucky wedding storyline... :eek:

K panix, I've e-mailed you my storyline and angle files in zip format. Pack includes 5 storylines... [B]24/7 Manhunt Title Match[/B] -Authority places a temporary 24/7 hardcore stipulation on a title where the individual who holds the final fall when the show ends, is the champion. Despite the odds the champion retains the title... a bit like the old WWF Hardcore Title skits, but with more point, better climax and a double cross thrown into the mix. Just tried it a few mins ago and it worked well, all segs rated between A* to B-, title defense recorded although I had to make sure to use at least two other storylines during the show so that the huge SE portion of the crowd didn't whine about too few stories happening. [B]Beat The Clock Challenge[/B] - Two show storyline that replicates the build up the WWE did for last years Elimination Chamber with timed matches. Stupidly since you can't set a 6 person match as a plot point, this actually works best as a seperate unchained storyline, just mirror the plot as set out in the storyline and voila. [B]Exposed Diva Seeks Revenge[/B] - Two guys fight, one guy ends up thrown into divas lockeroom, diva is near naked and PO'd, diva requests match for guy one as punishment, guy one gets squashed by monterous opponent. [B]Love Rivals To The End[/B] - Basically the Matt Hardy/Edge/Lita storyline step by step as in real life, except the begining is modified a little... and of course the option to pick who wins. [B]The Money In The Bank Version 1[/B] - Not completely my storyline, though unsure where I got it from. Brief MiTB angle with the MiTB holder challenging the champ on the same night the champ has just had a fatal fourway match. I've tested the storylines and checked for errors as much as I think I can. If you someone has got a bit of free time, I can send the zip file to them if they're willing to act as a tester, incase I've missed anything. Any angles I haven't specifically made are already in TCP's mod. Other than the storylines, I've thrown in a few angles including a couple of old WWE classics, like the Austin/Mcmahon Zamboni segment as well as Mick and Vince in the hospital and Dr Austin kicking Vince's rearend. There's also a little remembered early William Regal segment involving table manners, a Snitsky-style foot fetish skit and a tribute to the late Crash Holly with two pre-match opponent weighing angles. I'll try to pump something like this out every month or so for you Panix...gotta think of a couple more storylines now. Logically a couple of alternative Money In The Bank storylines will probably be next on the list.

[QUOTE=panix04]Great work mate, this will really help bolster the pack![/QUOTE] Agreed, Sebplex. Especially love the idea of the exposed diva story. A nice little quickie that's good for the microwave nature of modern booking. And yet could be a solid spark for a long term arc. Folks should certainly enjoy these stories of yours. My first two mythic stories are also in. THE LOVERS THREATENED. Based on the Greek story of Pyramus & Thisbe. The original story is about an ill-fated romance that ends with the young couple dying for each other. Sort of a pre-Romeo and Juliet. In wrestlized form, the couple has pissed off an authority because their dating habits interfere with his ability to hype their upcoming appearances. So he tries to discourage the romance. Then setting a monster heel on the guy when that fails. The couple ends up a beaten heap at the monster's feet in the name of their love. Had to make up for them not being able to be dead at the end somehow. :) AND EAT IT TOO Based on the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant. In the source story, a slave is in deep hock to his master and the slave's whole family could be sold off if mercy wasn't given. The master gives it at first. But later revokes it when the slave refuses to show similar mercy to one of his colleagues. Wrestlized, a worker fearing for his job and seeking a way to save it. Only to get fired for not being patient with a struggling tag partner the authority assigns him. May be the more popular of my two as it can be run in a two month time frame.

[QUOTE=cappyboy] AND EAT IT TOO Based on the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant. In the source story, a slave is in deep hock to his master and the slave's whole family could be sold off if mercy wasn't given. The master gives it at first. But later revokes it when the slave refuses to show similar mercy to one of his colleagues. Wrestlized, a worker fearing for his job and seeking a way to save it. Only to get fired for not being patient with a struggling tag partner the authority assigns him. May be the more popular of my two as it can be run in a two month time frame.[/QUOTE] That's not bad. Not bad at all.

[QUOTE=cappyboy]Agreed, Sebplex. Especially love the idea of the exposed diva story. A nice little quickie that's good for the microwave nature of modern booking. And yet could be a solid spark for a long term arc. Folks should certainly enjoy these stories of yours. .[/QUOTE] Yeah, lately I've found myself favouring short 1-2 show storylines more and just evolving them onward each time. Like you mentioned, I guess it's just due to the way most booking appears nowadays. [QUOTE=cappyboy]AND EAT IT TOO Based on the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant. In the source story, a slave is in deep hock to his master and the slave's whole family could be sold off if mercy wasn't given. The master gives it at first. But later revokes it when the slave refuses to show similar mercy to one of his colleagues. Wrestlized, a worker fearing for his job and seeking a way to save it. Only to get fired for not being patient with a struggling tag partner the authority assigns him. May be the more popular of my two as it can be run in a two month time frame.[/QUOTE] I like the jist of this storyline alot... and I think when it's complete, you'll have just given me something for Stevie Richards to do ;)

there are gonna be quite a lot of thank you's to add to my 1st post when this months update is released, thanks for getting on board guys. You are helping to create a really good mod! Its not just the exellent work that has gone into the storys either, the constant supply of PM's with errors that need ironing out really helps.

Sorry panix, but I appear to have sent you an older version of the Exposed Diva storyline which I had originally corrected... yet not imported back onto the data set I sent you... just a couple of simple corrections. 1) In the match request plot point, P3 (the diva) should be set as the major catalyst, not P1. 2) For the match plotpoint, P2 is Side 1 and P4 is Side 2. Just switch those and it's fine, other storylines should be ok.

Archived