PBS1.0 storylines/angles released

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Panix, I would like to mirror your PBS file and begin carrying the updates as well. My storage site is paid for so the links will be good. Thanks for the hard work that you as well as all your friends are doing on the project. Providing a working link is the least I can do. Here is the mirror link: [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/0dy74k[/url]

It is the one from the first page. I will update my file and link with the current one so ignore the previous link. Thanks for the update and kind words. Mirror updated PBS file consists of angles & stories used in FOTORC [URL="http://www.sendspace.com/file/ayak5o"]http://www.sendspace.com/file/ayak5o[/URL]

Couple quick questions: 1) If I got FOTORC, does that contain the most recent changes to this mod? 2) For the storyline G8 Rebellion, I couldn't get it to go past the 3vs3 match. I made sure it was the exact participants on the exact sides in the exact order stated, and ran the match 3 times, never once satisfying the storyline. What can I be doing wrong? 3) When can I expect an update to this? I love this mod and it makes it so much easier for those uncreative ones of us out there :). I'm looking forward to some more diva-oriented storylines, to get them more involved. Thanks man.

[QUOTE=aphoward]Couple quick questions: 2) For the storyline G8 Rebellion, I couldn't get it to go past the 3vs3 match. I made sure it was the exact participants on the exact sides in the exact order stated, and ran the match 3 times, never once satisfying the storyline. What can I be doing wrong? [/QUOTE] You won't be doing anything wrong - you can't have a 3 v 3 match as a storyline plot point - just PM panix and let him know and he will remove that point for future updates. As far as your current game - you will have to evolve that storyline to another one to be able to get past that glitch.

[QUOTE=Rob4590]You won't be doing anything wrong - you can't have a 3 v 3 match as a storyline plot point - just PM panix and let him know and he will remove that point for future updates. As far as your current game - you will have to evolve that storyline to another one to be able to get past that glitch.[/QUOTE] Oops, that sucks. I didn't realize you couldn't use that for a plot point, then I wouldn't have tried the match 3 times :) No big deal, I already ended the storyline early anyways, cuz I was evolving another storyline and adding in the guys to that, since it had a higher heat rating. Just wanted to say that this is like my 4th or 5th shot with this game (just bought it recently), and this FOTORC mod combined with panix's system make it so much better to play for me. I hadn't gotten to a ppv before, now I have already held 2.

[QUOTE=aphoward]I'm looking forward to some more diva-oriented storylines, to get them more involved. Thanks man.[/QUOTE] Then you should like seeing the next batch of stuff I kick over to Panix. Been working on a two-piece story arc based on the story of a dryad (or diva in wrestling terms) angered by the thoughtlessness of her hero. The first part is a one month quickie with the mythic parts and the second part is straight wrestling reaction to the mythic events. As well as trying to re-construct a near complete translation of The Theft Of Thor's Hammer that I accidentally deleted. This would also help you diva-wise thanks to the prominence of Freya in that story.

[QUOTE=cappyboy]Then you should like seeing the next batch of stuff I kick over to Panix. Been working on a two-piece story arc based on the story of a dryad (or diva in wrestling terms) angered by the thoughtlessness of her hero. The first part is a one month quickie with the mythic parts and the second part is straight wrestling reaction to the mythic events. As well as trying to re-construct a near complete translation of The Theft Of Thor's Hammer that I accidentally deleted. This would also help you diva-wise thanks to the prominence of Freya in that story.[/QUOTE] Theft of Thor's Hammer would make an awesome storyline for HHH. :D

:D just realised its getting close to update time isn't it! Okey dokey, i will sit down over the next 3 days and iron out all the things people have requested be changed and add all the storys donated and then its the new version time! I'm really glad people like this mod, it makes all the time spent on it seem worth it.

[QUOTE=Alec_Burkhardt]If you're cleaning up things, all of the "HY-Interview in Ring" angles have incorrect commentary that says the interview is occuring backstage. Not a big deal, just a bit annoying to read while running a show.[/QUOTE] I will fix that for the next version Alex, meanwhile version 1.2 is out. I have updated the link on the 1st page. Please fell free to mirror it.

Not a big deal, but you misspelled my name in the first post. It's "MJD" not "MDJ". Just felt like saying that... I may or may not work on making a few new storylines. I have a Shelty B. vs. Carlito vs. Johnny Nitro feud going on in my EWR game that I can make into a TEW story. I'll get back to you on that soon...

[QUOTE=aphoward]Any chance of geting a list of the storylines that are new? And anything else that is new?[/QUOTE] wish i had the time to do that! But there were about 40 angles added and approximately 7 storys. Next time i do a release i will list the new storys for the curious types.

[QUOTE=aphoward]Any chance of geting a list of the storylines that are new? And anything else that is new?[/QUOTE] Here's the details of the storylines from myself, cappyboy and mjdgoldeneye as well as what else should be in. -------------- [B]The Lovers Threatened[/B] - Based on the Greek story of Pyramus & Thisbe. The original story is about an ill-fated romance that ends with the young couple dying for each other. Sort of a pre-Romeo and Juliet. In wrestlized form, the couple has pissed off an authority because their dating habits interfere with his ability to hype their upcoming appearances. So he tries to discourage the romance. Then setting a monster heel on the guy when that fails. The couple ends up a beaten heap at the monster's feet in the name of their love. Had to make up for them not being able to be dead at the end somehow. [B]And Eat It To[/B] - Based on the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant. In the source story, a slave is in deep hock to his master and the slave's whole family could be sold off if mercy wasn't given. The master gives it at first. But later revokes it when the slave refuses to show similar mercy to one of his colleagues. Wrestlized, a worker fearing for his job and seeking a way to save it. Only to get fired for not being patient with a struggling tag partner the authority assigns him. May be the more popular of my two as it can be run in a two month time frame. [B]24/7 Manhunt Title Match[/B] -Authority places a temporary 24/7 hardcore stipulation on a title where the individual who holds the final fall when the show ends, is the champion. Despite the odds the champion retains the title... a bit like the old WWF Hardcore Title skits, but with more point, better climax and a double cross thrown into the mix. Basically a majority of the roster target the champion who has to battle the numbers to avoid getting pinned. Champ gets pinned and joins the chase, while a few more falls take place all over the arena as well as failed escapes, traps and other shenanigans, the whole thing boils down to a last stand in the ring involving all the major players where the champ regains the belt seconds before the show officially ends. [B]Beat The Clock Challenge[/B] - Two show storyline that replicates the build up the WWE did for last years Elimination Chamber with timed matches. Stupidly since you can't set a 6 person match as a plot point, this actually works best as a seperate unchained storyline, just mirror the plot as set out in the storyline and voila. [B]Exposed Diva Seeks Revenge[/B] - Two guys fight, one guy ends up thrown into divas lockeroom, diva is near naked and PO'd, diva requests match for guy one as punishment, guy one gets squashed by monterous opponent. [B]Love Rivals To The End[/B] - Basically the Matt Hardy/Edge/Lita storyline step by step as in real life, except the beginning is modified a little... and of course the option to pick who wins. [B]The Money In The Bank Version 1[/B] - Not completely my storyline, though unsure where I got it from. Brief MiTB angle with the MiTB holder challenging the champ on the same night the champ has just had a fatal fourway match. [B]McMahon vs. Michaels[/B]- Based (loosely) on the recent feud between Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon. It's a shorter version. [B]Plus 3 Other Title Storylines by mjd[/B] Other than the storylines, I've thrown in a few angles including a couple of old WWE classics, like the Austin/Mcmahon Zamboni segment as well as Mick and Vince in the hospital and Dr Austin kicking Vince's rearend. There's also a little remembered early William Regal segment involving table manners, a Snitsky-style foot fetish skit and a tribute to the late Crash Holly with two pre-match opponent weighing angles. Any other angles are probably for the specific storylines and of course any corrections panix made to previous angles/storylines in the first version that people had been PMing him about.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye]Oh, and BTW, mine are the 3 title feuds and the MacMahon/Michaels feud. (I'm working on a new title feud now...)[/QUOTE] Ah, I remember you posting you'd sent something in... which all goes to show that panix can't count... approximately seven, tsk! ;) Edited the above list, which were the other 3 storylines?

Looks like my next batch of stories for the pack are back on track. Got distracted for a while since submitting the ones in 1.2. But finished piecing together The Disappointing Hero arc at suppertime and now it's on to Theft of Thor's Hammer. Followed by The Parable of the Talents if I can smooth the edges off my outline. Also, anybody know a good work-around to the fact you can't book endings by stolen finishers? I've been dying to do Theseus' Road To Athens as it could be an easy translation and make a good Wrestlemania build-up angle. But without the finisher thefts, you lose a key part of the source story.

[QUOTE=cappyboy] Also, anybody know a good work-around to the fact you can't book endings by stolen finishers? I've been dying to do Theseus' Road To Athens as it could be an easy translation and make a good Wrestlemania build-up angle. But without the finisher thefts, you lose a key part of the source story.[/QUOTE] What do you mean by stolen finisher ? If you just mean someone interferes, then just have the match result as you need it, and put in the segment description that x interferes to cosy y the match, so we know to use that in the match, even if you can't specifically tell everyone that they MUST use that finish.

[QUOTE=Rob4590]What do you mean by stolen finisher ? If you just mean someone interferes, then just have the match result as you need it, and put in the segment description that x interferes to cosy y the match, so we know to use that in the match, even if you can't specifically tell everyone that they MUST use that finish.[/QUOTE] It's not an interference note, it's when one wrestler uses his foes own finishing move on him/her, often as an act of humiliation. Like say The Rock giving Steve Austin a stunner or more infamously HBK putting Bret Hart in the sharpshooter. What cappy's saying is that without being able to set that element, a key part of the story would not be present. On your question cappy... I'm not sure to be honest. I guess it might come down to the use of imagination or having to reduce it to a post match angle maybe?

Archived