WCW will Never... *Ever* be the same

3/12/01- ECW is dead. WCW appears to be heading towards an impending sale. If WCW can elevate new stars, they have a chance at surviving, espically with their exposure on the Turner Superstation, however, the future looks bleak and ratings are poor.

3/19/01- WCW has no shows scheduled after April 2nd. Eric Bischoff and Brad Siegel are on vacation in Hawaii.

3/26/01- Jamie Kellner announces that TBS will no longer air wrestling. WCW is expected to be bought by WWF in the coming weeks for under 10 million dollars. On raw, Chris Jericho pees in William Regal's tea.

"Hell, for seven million dollars, I could have bought it"-Chris Jericho, rise & fall of WCW

4/02/01- There is a new potential buyer for WCW. Though there is no current TV exposure, Chris Jericho and a small media group may have bought WCW under Vince McMahon's nose.

4/09/01- Wrestlemania X7 is the most successful pro wrestling event in history, but perhaps even more significant is the fact that Chris Jericho, along with financial backing from an obscure energy drinking company, has bought WCW and solidified a late-night time slot for WCW Nitro on Wednesdays, to air on FX.

It's not a war for us, no matter what anybody else thinks or cares about. We're just providing an alternative. Competition, I suppose. Just by the fact that we exist could be seen as competition, but it's not a war for me. I've got no ill will or any desire to put anybody out of business or anything like that. We're just providing an alternative to the norm.-Chris Jericho on the "new" WCW

https://imgur.com/a/87z8Zus

4/16/01- Jericho will step away from active wrestling to serve as head booker for WCW (He can't wrestle for 90 days anyways due to his non-compete agreement with WWF). He intends for the new WCW to employ a more fast-paced, modern alternative to the WWF. He also hopes that the less risque product will generate more mainstream appeal for the company (WWF has lost some sponsors after a pair of disasterous NBC interviews)

https://imgur.com/a/aFWF1A2

4/23/01- We are one week away from the expected relaunch of WCW Wednesday Nitro on FX. Jericho and a small group of close advisors have been parsing out free agents in the American wrestling scene and came up with a list of ten names that they can attempt to bring in, though many would not be able to actually wrestle. Jericho also intends to use NWA: Wildside as a developmental territory for some of the younger talent on WCW's large roster.

https://imgur.com/a/c0ExWji

Is it cliche to do yet another 'WCW lives' series? Probably, but I thought it would be fun. I always thought this would be cool since I heard the quote while listening to the "Death of WCW" audiobook, so I need your help:

Which TWO Free agents do we try to sign?

Who do we put in NWA Wildside?

Should we retire or vacate any of our titles?

Should we continue feuds from March, or create new storylines?

I'll try to update this weekly, but we'll see what happens

Curt Hennig and Rob Van Dam

Reno, Mike Sanders and Mark Jindrak

Cruiserweight Tag Team Title

Continue feuds

Rob Van Dam and Monty Brown

Older guys after they pass their overness to younger guys

Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles and Cruiserweight Title

Create new storylines

<p>Week 1</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>May 7th 2001</strong> </p><p>

<a href="https://imgur.com/a/BNGt8YJ" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/BNGt8YJ</a></p><p>

<strong>Backstage Business</strong></p><p>

Jericho has made some slight changes to the "pre-set" WCW, but nothing too major: </p><p>

Contracts were offered to: </p><p>

Curt Hennig</p><p>

Monty Brown </p><p>

and RVD</p><p> </p><p>

Since there was no clear consensus, I kept some storylines and eliminated some of the less important ones</p><p> </p><p>

I sent Jindrak & Stasiak to Wildside, as well as Mike Sanders, Reno, Johnny the Bull, Big Vito, Lash LeRoux, Johnny Swinger and Vampiro. Vampiro is out for three months and kills the locker room rating, so this won't affect much game-wise. </p><p>

In terms of older workers, I sent Terry Taylor, Johnny Ace, and The Sarge to train people. They would never have been used as a road agent anyways, and they have some decent skills. </p><p> </p><p>

I retired the Cruiserweight Tag Team title, since we barely have any Cruiserweight Tag Teams anyways.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>This week in wrestling/ State of the Industry</strong></p><p>

This is actually real (mostly) but I thought i'd do it every few months to see how things are getting on. </p><p>

-WWE just finished the Backlash PPV, where the Two Man Power Trip won the Tag Team titles.</p><p>

-A lot of WCW stars have money coming in from contracts with Time Warner. For the sake of gameplay I am not going to replicate this and we'll just assume that the New WCW is a different entity. The only big name this concerns is Goldberg, who at this point Jericho would never hire anyways. </p><p>

-ECW owes people a lot of money, including RVD </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The First Nitro</strong> </p><p>

Jericho thanks the fans for supporting WCW, Scott Steiner interrupts & demands rematch</p><p> </p><p>

Yang v Chris Harris</p><p> </p><p>

Air Raid v Team Canada</p><p> </p><p>

Team Canada Promo</p><p> </p><p>

Chavo Guerrero Jr & Shane Douglas v Filthy Animals</p><p> </p><p>

Konnan, Kidman, & Rey Jr. Promo</p><p> </p><p>

Steiners Reunite?</p><p> </p><p>

Insiders & Rhodes v Steiners & Jarrett</p><p> </p><p>

Closing Promo</p><p> </p><p>

OVERALL:</p><p>

85 B</p><p>

<strong>Other</strong></p><p>

WWF have made an offer to Roddy Piper, and matched our offer to Curt Hennig. </p><p>

<strong>How should the #1 Contender for the US title be determined?</strong></p><p>

<strong>Do we make a bid for Piper?*Kevin Nash dislikes him*</strong> </p><p>

<strong>Do we go higher than 30K/3years for Hennig?</strong></p><p>

<strong>Who should answer Kidman & Mysterio's open challenge?</strong></p><p>

Thank you for following, any feedback you have is welcome</p>

<p>How should the #1 Contender for the US title be determined?</p><p>

<strong>Battle Royal</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Do we make a bid for Piper?*Kevin Nash dislikes him*</p><p>

<strong>Yes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Do we go higher than 30K/3years for Hennig?</p><p>

<strong>Yes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Who should answer Kidman & Mysterio's open challenge?</p><p>

<strong>Air Raid (AJ Styles & Air Paris)</strong></p>

Episode 2

Week 2, May, 2001

https://imgur.com/a/QrGKrIR

Backstage News

-WCW has matched WWF's offer for Roddy Piper, but Piper is still expected to go to the WWF

-WCW has officially signed Curt Hennig and Rob Van Dam. Both are expected to play major roles in the company

-Following the success of Nitro's return, WCW has secured PPV Broadcast deals for The Big Bang to be held the Sunday before Memorial Day

WCW Wednesday Nitro

[Pre Show]

MI Smooth def. Chris Harris

Jamie Knoble def. James Storm

Filthy Animals def. Air Raid by DQ

Rob Van Dam won a 10 man battle royal to become the #1 contender for the WCW United States Championship

Chavo Guerrero def. Kaz Hayashi

Ric Flair def. Dustin Rhodes

Announced for Next Week's Nitro:

Sting delivers an announcement

Chavo Guerrero and Team Canada vs Palumbo & O'Haire and ???

Rob Van Dam vs Kanyon

The Steiner Brothers vs The Insiders