ECW returns to television tonight!!

jonlawson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It had nothing to do with Sci-Fi freaking out over the chants. WWE had been planning on airing the ECW show live immediately after the Smackdown taping. For the first show they decided they wanted everything to be tight, so they decided to tape the ECW show before the Smackdown taping.

Ugh, so far the ECW show has been extremely disappointing. I knew WWE would screw this up for real ECW fans. WTF, a zombie? And then jobbing Justin Credible, a guy who was one of my favorite wrestlers, although I hated him because ECW made their heels be hated, was just retarded. I'm extremely disappointed so far. It's probably going to get worse before I have to go to work.

I agree its been very bad tonight. the zombie and the vampire were used because I read that sci-fi wants it. Sci-fi should just keep their mouth shut and be happy that people may tune into Sci-fi tonight because of ECW. (Personally this is the only reason I even tuned into Sci-fi) I do agree with the problem of jobbing credible, WTF was that. Also if the "WWE" wants to try and make ECW into its own brand, why are WWE ads being shown? Trinity with the FBI tonight? she looks good.

I agree with the idea of TNA needing 2 hours. They have so little time each week so most of their PPV matches are either made after 1 small arguement or their just made out of thin air with no reasoning or storyline behind them.

Yeah I agree Trinity was the best part of the show tonight. If WWE wants ECW to survive, they need to let them be on there own. If it goes like it did tonight, I say give it a month or two. WWE just needs to let ECW return to there old stomping grounds win ECW was awesome! That's just my opinion.

It'd be better if they did. And actually, the battle royal to end the show wasn't bad except everyone was "Buried" (To use TEW terms) by the Big Show. It's so retarded that they're not giving any ECW wrestlers except Sabu and RVD a chance to become champions. But a couple of notes. 1.) The Sandman's character and gimmick don't work as well when there is more than just the 16-30 male demographic. 2.) Justin Credible, the FBI, Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney (For Midcard), and if the WWE picked the Dudleyz back up, got Mike Awesome, and maybe someone like Steve Corino, they could develop all of these wrestlers into major stars, but they aren't even trying. 3.) When you only have an hour, you can't waste so much time with a slow paced interview between RVD, Cena, and Heyman. I was getting bored during this segment. 4.) And can we see some wrestling instead of brawls and matches where people are jobbed? The FBI are amazing wrestlers, RVD and Sabu are amazing, Tajiri is good, Super Crazy is great, and I'm probably forgetting more people! 5.) Oh, and did anyone see how stiff the Sandman was being with that zombie guy? Heh, it was so funny when he did the white russian legsweep because he almost broke the guys neck. 6.) And if Kurt Angle was speaking out against ONS last year, AND he was on the list of wrestlers trying to stop ONS from ever happening again, why the hell is he on the ECW brand? Sigh, if only the WWE would hire me to help develop talent and angles. And also to wrestle. I plan on starting training for professional wrestling July 22 and hopefully within 2 years OVW will have offered me a contracttttttttttttt

So much negativity. I just finished watching it [as I couldn't watch it Tuesday because of sleep, no sleep for 3 days = bad] and I have to say it wasn't as awful as you guys make it out to be. I'll admit Fertig and Arson as "The Vampire" and "The Zombie" wasn't exactly the highlight of the night but when it comes to wrestling, most of the time you've got to take the bad with the good. The first promo was a tad long but it was a title [re]introduction. It did reek of WWE though. The two matches were squash matches [thank god the first was...] but seriously: Justin Credible hasn't been seen as a major player since his ECW days. Kurt Angle has been a constant main event for the past 5 years. Although putting someone less credible [no pun intended] than Justin would've been better. Have him squash Danny Doring. Also: Someone mentioned how The Big Show buried everyone in the Battle Royal... Well realistically, what do you want a man who is 7' to do?

if you have not been to pwinsider.com yet today go and check out some of the reports they have up about last nights ECW show. One report I read said this: The Sandman was originally booked to cane an alien last night, but The Sci Fi Network didn't want an alien getting beat up on their network, since, I guess, they thought it would cause an upheaval among their fan base. Perhaps only Stargate SG-1 can beat up the aliens? Anyway, SciFi stepped in and got the Zombie instead.

[QUOTE=GDE71]It was a bad show. It was way worse than TNA. If you can't see that, you're a WWE mark. I'll say it again as I like to repeat myself when I'm right, 1-hour shows aren't long enough to do anything correctly.[/QUOTE] GDE71, this is post-whoring, it's virtually identical to the post you made just a few items further up the thread. If you don't have anything new to say, don't bother posting.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]GDE71, this is post-whoring, it's virtually identical to the post you made just a few items further up the thread. If you don't have anything new to say, don't bother posting.[/QUOTE] Actually, I was calling out Briskout as a WWE mark. Also, people who know me know I'm not a whore, but rather a SLUT!!!

If Vince and Kevin Dunn are gonna veto everything Heyman does and change it at last minute ECW is doomed. Let Heyman have it and control it. Smackdown head writer is now head ECW writer I'm not liking the way it is going so far!:mad:

Sci-fi gets viewers over at pwinsider.com it states that ECW got a 2.7 rating for Sci-fi. how far do you guys think that number will drop if tuesday night show is that blueprint for what we see every week? Personally I was hoping for more of the "Real ECW" stars to get featured outside of that battle royal (dreamer, Sabu, FBI, ect.). I don't care how the WWE wants to spin it but sorry Kurt Angle and the Big Show are NOT ECW.

I actually laughed at the zombie thing....it made fun of WWE promo's actually, except he talked "zombie-talk". The fact that the one lady couldn't unhook her bra was priceless.... and I think the Big Show should change his name or something to fit in....and I LOVED how Big Guido interfered at the end of the Battle Royal. Sabu will destroy Cena....

[QUOTE=mystic]Personally I was hoping for more of the "Real ECW" stars to get featured outside of that battle royal (dreamer, Sabu, FBI, ect.). I don't care how the WWE wants to spin it but sorry Kurt Angle and the Big Show are NOT ECW.[/QUOTE] I really don't see why people have such a problem with Angle being part of it. On a pragmatic level they need star power to get casual viewers to tune in, and Angle is well known, so it's a smart decision. But more than that, anyone who actually watched ECW during its prime (as oppose to a lot of people who IMO are jumping on the bandwagon and only know from what they've seen on a few DVDs and TV clips) will know, the Kurt Angle character is very much an "ECW-style" character! That sort of realistic character was something that was a big part of ECW's success, and was one of the chief differences that made it so much better than the Big Two back in the day, much more so than the tables and hardcore weapons. If you want someone who is both familiar to the casual fan and embodies a lot of the philosophy behind the company, Angle is a very good choice. ECW was a lot more than just chair shots and tables, it's a shame that so many new fans who never saw the promotion never realise that.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]I really don't see why people have such a problem with Angle being part of it. On a pragmatic level they need star power to get casual viewers to tune in, and Angle is well known, so it's a smart decision. But more than that, anyone who actually watched ECW during its prime (as oppose to a lot of people who IMO are jumping on the bandwagon and only know from what they've seen on a few DVDs and TV clips) will know, the Kurt Angle character is very much an "ECW-style" character! That sort of realistic character was something that was a big part of ECW's success, and was one of the chief differences that made it so much better than the Big Two back in the day, much more so than the tables and hardcore weapons. If you want someone who is both familiar to the casual fan and embodies a lot of the philosophy behind the company, Angle is a very good choice. ECW was a lot more than just chair shots and tables, it's a shame that so many new fans who never saw the promotion never realise that.[/QUOTE] Preach it Adam i agree 100%...But I Still Hate that he Squashed Credible...Credible is dang former ECW World Champ.....

ok adam good point I guess its true, angle would be a good fit because of his wrestling. My main problem was that he was just a part of the "WWE faction" within the last month. Right now I am just not believing him when he starts his ECW screams and chants. I guess I should give it some time maybe once this whole WWE vs. ECW angle stops and ECW has been around long enough I will forget he just jumped from the WWE.

Archived