Updating Player Cards takes a LONG time

We are in week 14 of the FOFC-BBCF league. I've noticed as the season has progressed, it is taking longer and longer to update the player cards. I know the screen pops up and says it can take up to 10 minutes to run, but it is going way beyond that. It's been 25 minutes and counting, and it is only up to 77% finsihed. I'm running this on a P4 3.06Ghz machine with 2GB of RAM, so I definitely have a decent powered machine. Any thoughts?

[QUOTE=Tim Plum]What other stuff is running? How big is the league files?[/QUOTE] We are in the first season, so the league file is a little over 20MB. I'm not running anything else at the time, except for Firefox. Under Task Manager, I show 1.5GB free out of the 2GB, and CPU utilization is around 12%.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]I would look at disabling virus scan while you do it. That can add a lot of time to it on some systems.[/QUOTE] Yep, that was it. My bad for not thinking about that. I had recently updated my version of Norton to the 2006 version, and it didn't even cross my mind to think about disabling while creating the player cards. Thanks!

Archived