WWE 2020: Brand Warfare

3rkDBZQ.jpg

wwe.com

Brand Warfare

Aug 2020, Memo from the Chairman of WWE, Vince McMahon:

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to join the WWE in celebrating another successful season of our weekly episodic television shows.

I'm proud to announce that starting next week, the WWE will restart it's brand split. This time - we will break up the brands into 3 unique leagues: WWE RAW, WWE Smackdown and WWE Main Event.

To address the elephant in the room - we have heard you and we understand the disappointment you might have had during our previous attempts at brand splits.

The WWE is just like everyone else, we are an ever-growing company that learns from our mistakes. I promise you, this brand split will be genuine.

Tomorrow night on the WWE Network, our 3 brand managers will sit-in on a live draft. Our brand managers will take turns drafting their 25 top picks, any superstars left undrafted will go into a Free Agent pool. At the beginning of each month, all 3 brand managers will have the opportunity to hire 3 superstars from the Free Agent pool. This is not mandatory but the option is there for each brand.

All current brand title holders will automatically default to the brand they are champions of. Since WWE Main Event has no champions, they will receive the first draft pick plus 4 extra drafts.

After careful thought and discussions, I have delegated the following individuals as brand managers...

WWE RAW - Stephanie McMahon

WWE Smackdown - Shane McMahon

WWE Main Event - Paul Heyman

NXT will continue to be managed by HHH and will offer talent loans and trades whenever the opportunity suites itself.

I wish all of our brand managers the best of luck and we will see everyone tomorrow night on WWE Network for the Brand Warfare Draft!

-WWE Chairman, Vince McMahon

FThPhHx.jpg

WWE Network

The Brand Warfare Draft

aLnCZIT.jpg

kDfhvaS.jpg6LUXBqk.jpgGOn0ROv.jpg

We are inside of WWE studios with Corey Graves. Our brand manages: Stephanie McMahon, Shane McMahon and Paul Heyman are joining us by Zoom.

Corey Graves: WWE Universe, thank you for joining us. My name is Corey Graves and for the next while, we will be in Brand Warfare. Our three lovely brand managers will be taking turns drafting 25 superstars and I'll be trying my best to moderate.

Before we start, lets take a look at what the rosters look like so far...

jGvR5tG.jpg

WWE RAW

Manager: Stephanie McMahon

Champion: Drew McIntyre

WWE US Champion: Apollo Crews

WWE Tag Team Champions: Street Profits

WWE RAW Women's Champion: Sasha Banks

WWE Women's Tag Team Champions: Sasha Banks & Bayley

GhnFj7x.jpg

WWE Smackdown

Manager: Shane McMahon

WWE Universal Champion: Braun Strowman

WWE Intercontinental Champion: AJ Styles

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions: Cesaro & Nakamura

WWE Smackdown Women's Champion: Bayley

WWE Women's Tag Team Champions: Sasha Banks & Bayley

4TrqoEW.jpg

WWE Main Event

Manager: Paul Heyman

WWE Main Event Champion: Vacant

Corey Graves: As we just saw, WWE Main Event is at a disadvantage because they have no current champions. To make things fair, Paul Heyman will receive the first 4 draft picks. Out of those 4 draft picks, one has to belong to the Womens Division.

So without any more delays, lets hand it over to our brand managers.

2 hours later...

Corey Graves: That was an absolute intense 2 hours of strategy and mental combat. We have the rosters for all 3 brands set and I have never been more excited to see what will unfold.

Lets recap the draft picks one last time...

jGvR5tG.jpg

WWE RAW

Manager: Stephanie McMahon

1. Drew McIntyre

2. Apollo Crews

3. Street Profits

4. *Sasha Banks / Bayley

*Bayley & Sasha can float between all 3 brands while they are the Womens Tag Team Champions. Sasha's home position is RAW.

5.Bobby Lashley

6.Kevin Owens

7.The Big Show

8.MVP

9.Kane

10.Shelton Benjamin

11.Daniel Bryan

12.Asuka

13.Andrade w/Zelina

14.King Corbin

15.IIconics

16.Ruby Riott

17.The Miz

18.Lince Dorado

19.Gran Metalik

20.Carmella

21.Ember Moon

22.Akam & Rezar

23.Otis

24.Mandy Rose

25.Mojo Rawley

GhnFj7x.jpg

WWE Smackdown

Manager: Shane McMahon

1.Braun Strowman

2.AJ Styles

3.Cesaro & Nakamura

4.*Bayley / Sasha Banks

*Bayley & Sasha can float between all 3 brands while they are the Womens Tag Team Champions. Bayley's home position is Smackdown.

5.Randy Orton

6.Rey Mysterio

7.Big E

8.Dolph Ziggler

9.Kofi Kingston

10.Sheamus

11.Shayna Baszler

12.Naomi

13.Humberto Carrillo

14.Xavier Woods

15.Lacey Evans

16.John Morrison

17.Dana Brook

18.Natayla

19.Jinder Mahal

20.Titus O'Neal

21.Tamina

22.Jimmy Uso

23.R-Truth

24.Austin Theory

25.Nikki Cross

4TrqoEW.jpg

WWE Main Event

Manager: Paul Heyman

1."The Fiend" Bray Wyatt

2.John Cena

3.Jeff Hardy

4.Alexa Bliss

5.Roman Reigns

6.Seth Rollins

7.Ricochet

8.Sami Zayn

9.Matt Riddle

10.Robert Roode

11.Murphy

12.Elias

13.Sonya Deville

14.Jey Uso

15.Aleistar Black

16.Angel Garza

17.Viking Raiders

18.Nia Jaxx

19.Shorty G

20.Akira Tozawa

21.Cedric Alexander

22.Mickie James

23.Lana

24.Lars Sullivan

25.Bo Dallas

Corey Graves: Thank you for joining us for the Brand Warfare Draft.

WWE's new Brand Warfare era begins this Monday on WWE RAW. Check your local listings for more information.

3rkDBZQ.jpg

wwe.com

Brand Warfare Fallout

Aug 2020: WWE Universe, last night we witnessed the first ever Brand Warfare Draft on the WWE Network.

Our brand managers drafted 25 superstars, leaving 11 superstars on the Free Agent list. If a brand new superstar gets offered a WWE contract, they immediately go into the Free Agent list, so please keep checking back to see if there are any changes.

Reminder: at the beginning of each month, WWE Network will hold a press conference to allow each brand manager to draft an addition 3 new superstars from the Free Agent list into their brands. If a brand manager decides to make a trade instead, they can sacrifice a Free Agent draft pick to place a trade offer - negotiations will immediately follow every trade offer.

As of August 2020, this is the WWE Free Agent list:

Current Free Agent list:

1.Bianca Belair

2.Brendan Vink

3.Jaxson Ryker

4.Kalisto

5.Liv Morgan

6.Mustafa Ali

7.Riddick Moss

8.Shane Throne

9.Steve Cutler

10.Tucker

11.Wesley Blake

(Not available to draft) Legends, Part timers & Inactive list:

1.Becky Lynch

2.Brock Lesnar

3.Charlotte Flair

4.Edge

5.Goldberg

6.Paige

7.The Undertaker

jGvR5tG.jpg

WWE RAW

Week 1, August 2020

Announcers: Tom Phillips, Corey Graves & Booker T

RAW intro video...

kDfhvaS.jpg

The show opens with a video of Stephanie McMahon inside of her office.

Stephanie McMahon: Welcome WWE Universe to a new era of WWE RAW!

My name is Stephanie McMahon and I am the new brand manager of RAW. I'm excited to bring a new flavor to Monday nights and continue to lead WWE RAW as the leader of sports entertainment.

Tonight, the WWE Champion, Drew McIntyre will defend his championship against M.V.P.

Also on tonight's event is a WWE RAW Tag Team Championship match between the Street Profits defending against the exciting Lucha House Party.

I hope you enjoy yourselves and continue to support WWE RAW during our new era.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Monday Night RAW!

Rating: 81

ePKoP37.jpg88Z6CGs.jpgM0paLc7.jpg

MVP, Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin make their way to the ring. The trio known as Hurt Business kick off RAW.

Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin stand in the background as MVP steps forward with a microphone in hand.

MVP: What happened?

I was the man, man! I mean, all of the internet, all of ya'all were talking about MVP.

What happened to ya'all? Where are you at?

I don't think you understand. Getting into the WWE was hard for me - I didn't have an easy path here. There was no NXT back then. I wasn't training with HBK or Triple H, when I was 20 years old, I was in jail. I was dumb...

Despite that -when I got out of jail, I dedicated my entire life to be the best. The best for WWE. The best for me.

I made it to WWE. I wrestled on Wrestlemania. That didn't matter though - did it?

What happened when I found a pink slip in my mailbox? I got slapped outta WWE so hard that I woke up inside of a stinky-ass gymnasium, staring up at the lights in front of 30 people.

What happened to my Wrestlemania matches?

What happened to all of the WWE Championships that I won?

It didn't matter. You didn't care. I was a nobody again.

Yo but that's never gonna happen again. Not after tonight!

Yeaaah tonight, I...no WE are going to make sure that none of you ever forget us!

We're going to put an end to Drew McIntyre's WWE Championship reign and we're going to take over RAW from the top to the bottom. Why? Because we're the Hurt Business...and business is good...

Rating: 80

UtybAfJ.jpgVS 0K88E9r.jpgvojQZnL.jpg

WWE United States Championship Match:

Andrade w/Zelina Vega defeats Apollo Crews (NEW CHAMPION!)

Results: In a good match, Andrade defeated Apollo Crews in 12:07 by pinfall with a Split-Legged Corkscrew Senton and wins the US Championship.

Match notes: Andrade rolls-up Apollo Crews with a hand full of tights after a distraction from Zelina Vega.

Rating:69

0K88E9r.jpgvojQZnL.jpg

Andrade and Zelina Vega celebrates with the United States Championship at the top of the entrance ramp.

Rating: 79

smxQBO9.jpgrg8QW5Y.jpg

The Miz vs Otis is announced for later tonight.

Rating: 57

bDQB1VB.jpg VS dblrsmr.jpgrg8QW5Y.jpg

Mandy Rose w/Otis defeats Carmella

Results: In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Mandy Rose defeated Carmella in 10:30 by pinfall.

Match Notes: Otis trips Carmella's foot as she's bouncing off of the ropes which allowed Mandy Rose to hit a DDT and pick up the win.

Rating: 69

tAIxvv3.jpgVS ZT7G2yv.jpg

Kevin Owens defeats King Corbin

Result: In a superb match, Kevin Owens defeated King Corbin in 6:01 by pinfall with a Pop-Up Powerbomb.

Match notes: King Corbin ambushes Kevin Owens from behind to start the match. Corbin dominates the majority of the match. After a near fall, King Corbin gets caught with a Pop-Up Powerbomb for a 3-count.

Rating: 67

tAIxvv3.jpg3VKJMKn.jpg

Kevin Owens is exhausted inside of the ring when the Big Show walks out to no music. He looks aggressive and angry.

The Big Show steps over the ropes and without being provoked, Chokeslams Kevin Owens. The Giant stares down at the laid-out Kevin Owens as RAW goes to a break.

Rating: 73

Gy93J5z.jpg3VKJMKn.jpg

Backstage, JoJo is with the Big Show.

JoJo: Big Show, moments ago, we witnessed you Chokeslamming Kevin Owens after his grueling match with King Corbin.

What was the reason behind your attack?

The Big Show stares a hole through Tom Phillips. He grunts and walks off camera without answering the question.

Rating: 61

ufhwOlD.jpgVS M0paLc7.jpg

Daniel Bryan defeats Shelton Benjamin w/Bobby Lashley & MVP

Results: In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Daniel Bryan defeated Shelton Benjamin in 12:05 by pinfall with a fast roll up.

Match notes: Competitive match-up between both athletes. MVP and Bobby Lashley try to interfere but Daniel Bryan pushes Shelton Benjamin into his business partners and gets a 3-count from a roll up.

Rating: 68

Daniel Bryan immediately leaves ringside after the match to avoid being triple teamed. The Hurt Business stay inside of the looking shocked. RAW goes into another commercial break.

Backstage, MVP is talking to Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin in the backstage area.

MVP: Look - what happened out there can never... (MVP takes off his sunglasses)

NEVER...happen again. Understand me?

We are the strongest unit in WWE but we are never going to take this place over by losing!

We'll take care of Daniel Bryan on another day but lets talk about what we are going to do to Drew McIntyre tonight.

Rating: 72

smxQBO9.jpg

The Miz is already inside of the ring with a microphone in hand.

The Miz: Really?! Really?!...Really?!

Is this the new era of WWE RAW? The Miz vs Otis?

Stephanie, I know all about your history and experience in the WWE. That's all fine and dandy but I'm going to give you some free advice. You better grab a notepad and paper because my advice will spike your ratings ten-fold.

Here it is: Stop putting your most charismatic entertainer against goofs like Otis. Give me Championship matches and I'll give you ratings.

Otis, waddle out here so we can get this over with...

Rating: 55

smxQBO9.jpgVS rg8QW5Y.jpgdblrsmr.jpg

The Miz defeats Otis w/Mandy Rose

Results: In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, The Miz defeated Otis in 10:01 by pinfall with a Skull Crushing Finale.

Match Notes: Mandy Rose accidentally distracts Otis and helps The Miz hit Otis with the Skull Crushing Finale.

Rating: 70

Gy93J5z.jpgtAIxvv3.jpg

In another area backstage, JoJo is with Kevin Owens. He is still exhausted and sore.

JoJo: Kevin Owens, after your match with King Corbin, The Big Show decided to Chokeslam you unprovoked. Why do you think the Big Show attacked you the way he did?

Kevin Owens: JoJo, I have no idea. If I did, I wouldn't be standing next to you with a hurt neck.

Truthfully, if I did anything to piss off the Big Show than I would have been happy to discuss it with him. Unfortunately, that big goof decided to take things a bit too far!

Big Show - you have a problem with me? That's fine. Next time lets settle this face-to-face.

Rating: 65

7jaQ72U.jpgehoem76.jpgVS xVbXOGH.jpgvv3dWU9.jpg

WWE RAW Tag Team Championship Match:

Street Profits defeats Lucha House Party

Results:In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, The Street Profits defeated Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik in 8:08 when Montez Ford pinned Lince Dorado with a Frog Splash.

Match notes: Fast action tag team match.

Rating: 67

qc5vhq3.jpgaShQlx7.jpg

The Street Profits and Lucha House Party show respect by shaking hands afterwards. Suddenly, Akam and Rezar ambush both teams from behind.

The Authors of Pain dismantle all four superstars and celebrate their destruction before the commercial break.

Rating: 60

The WWE RAW Womens Champion, Sasha Banks, walks out to do guest commentary on the next match.

Rating: 71

Sz45qNA.jpgVS CN93SEC.jpg

Asuka defeats Billie Kay w/Peyton Royce

Results: In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Asuka defeated Billie Kay in 5:44 by pinfall with a Spin Kick.

Match notes: Billie Kay gets the upper hand early. It isn't long until she gets hit by a kick from Asuka.

Rating: 61

Nwn8iD0.jpg

After the match, Sasha Banks stands up from her seat at the commentary desk and obnoxiously begins to clap.

Sasha Banks: Congratulations! You did a great job! Really, you did!

You should be proud of yourself Asuka.

In fact, you did such a great job that I think you should have a WWE RAW Women's Championship match. Would you like that, Asuka? (Asuka nods "yes" frantically)

Haha...you are precious.

Okay, next week on RAW - Asuka vs Sasha Banks. Goodluck because you're going to need it.

Rating: 70

RAW returns from a commercial break and Mojo Rawley is already inside of the ring, waiting to find out who his opponent will be.

Lights out.

Pow! Fire explodes from the stage.

"Slow Chemical" by Finger Eleven plays, Kane walks out in his classic mask and singlet. He steps over the ring ropes and makes the turnbuckles explode with fire.

WP6X52V.jpgVS GZZf9vx.jpg

Kane defeats Mojo Rawley

Results: In an extremely short match, Kane defeated Mojo Rawley in 5:23 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver.

Match notes: Kane dominates the entire match with offense. He catches Shane Throne from an up-and-over vault and puts him away with the Tombstone Piledriver.

Rating: 46

The announcers are left wondering why classic Kane has returned to WWE RAW.

Inside of the ring, Kane lights the turnbuckle posts on fire before exiting the ring.

90sdaTJ.jpg VS ePKoP37.jpg

WWE Championship Match:

Drew McIntyre defeats MVP w/Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin

Results: In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Drew McIntyre defeated M.V.P. in 10:01 by DQ when Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin interfered.

Match notes: Early on in the match, the referee ejects Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin from ringside. MVP gets a couple of close neart-falls but Drew McIntyre kicks out of all of them. Just before Drew McIntyre can hit his Claymore kick, Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin run out and attack the WWE Champion, resulting in a DQ.

Rating: 71

Shelton Benjamin holds Drew McIntyre while MVP instructs Bobby Lashley to finish the job. Bobby Lashley removes his suit jacket and spears Drew McIntyre out of Benjamin's hands.

Bobby Lashley isn't finished. He lifts the WWE Champion and lays him out with the Dominator.

Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin and MVP stand tall to close out RAW.

Rating: 64

Overall Rating: 69

TV Rating: 3.12 (2,341,833 viewers)