Whats The Worst part of WWECW in your opinoin?

XxFutureLegend112xX

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fans were dead because, as I said in the post already talking about this (not sure why this thread got started) it's not the same age demographic. If you saw any clips of the Hammerstein Ballroom on Sunday Night, it WAS the ECW age demographic. Everyone of the people in the Hammerstein Ballroom had probably attended at least one ECW event before it closed down. At ONS, the sound mixer turned down the crowd chanting "ECW ECW ECW" as soon as it started. Without the avid fan base, ECW just isn't as great. I remember how powerful it always was when I would watch ECW and the crowd would chant "HOLY **** HOLY ****" or "ECW ECW" or "YOU ****ED UP YOU ****ED UP" and it just saddens me that WWE is taking ECW, and turning it into BigShowKurtAngleCW. Oh, and by the way, I stopped watching wrestling when ECW closed, and only recently started again because ECW was being brought back and because I am planning to be a wrestler.

The worst part is the fact that, as your topic says it's WWECW, not ECW. Along with what weirdo_man said about the age demographic, it's absolutely true. ECW was based around the 18-35 year old's. But you'll notice, when you go to a WWE live event, television taping, pay per view, etc. You will notice the age group that is their (8-16 year old's with parent's). WWE has always been more family oriented, even though it's done those crazy things that you don't exactly want or need minds under the age of 15 seeing. I don't believe that ECW will be able to make it on national television. If anyone saw [I]The Rise and Fall of ECW[/I] you'll understand what I'm saying. ECW does not appeal to that big of an audience. The ECW that we are all going to see on SciFi on Tuesday nights - it's just another brand, possibly worse then Smackdown! ECW cannot be ECW again. Not with WWE in control.

Lets see, lame gimmicks, wrong audience, wrong booker, wrong channel and finally hardly any decent wrestling. WWECW is doomed to failure. They should have stuck to PPVs that at least could be half decent. TV on a global scale wouldn't work with the original and this new, 3rd brand WWE won't work either. I give it to the end of the year at best. They should have let Paul E take it on the road, in smaller venues using non WWE wrestlers. I just hope the guys working ECW milk it for all they can, before reality comes crashing down on them and the whole thing gets scrapped.

i think once the smoke clears and it seperates from raw ECW will come into its own. I know the WWE has been bad of late but every new business venture is going to have teething problems. If they could get the weekly show to the same standard as one night stand everything would be brilliant, i thoroughly enjoyed that.

True enough, ONS was really good. Trouble is, it was better than Raw, Smackdown or Ecw. So if Ecw is going to get to a similar standard, it has a long way to go. Obviously a weekly one hour show won't be sufficient for that though, plus the usual problems that you can't do on TV what you do on a PPV. I think that if this second episode is no better than last week, I will ignore Ecw for a month or two and then revisit it, let it find its feet first. At the moment I think it is utter ****e of the highest degree, worse even than smackdown, but that is still based on the first episode so fingers crossed for this next one (think it sucks that UK doesnt get it until sunday tho).

• 4 weeks later...
well the past shows were just horrible but the one where big show vs ric flair for the ecw title was the best so far the kelly danceing with candice ok but mike knox and the sandman angle might be good with a feud with mike knox acting like he is wwe and sandman acting like the old ecw now the first show on scifi sucked more then tazz vs lawler match at one night stand and why are raw and smackdown stars wrestling at ecw shows now i like the ric vs show match but give the ecw stars a chance.

The worst part of ECW is the fact that people come on line and complain about the show all day instead of watching and enjoying the product. Everyone says oh Vince is running it so its trash. Well guess what? Vince runs WWE and you guys all watch that and if you didn't you would know about ECW. So in my opinion thats whats wrong with ECW.

[QUOTE=ItsNotMyFault]The worst part of ECW is the fact that people come on line and complain about the show all day instead of watching and enjoying the product. Everyone says oh Vince is running it so its trash. Well guess what? Vince runs WWE and you guys all watch that and if you didn't you would know about ECW. So in my opinion thats whats wrong with ECW.[/QUOTE]frist of all to us true ECW fans this is not what we epexted or want do you want to see the undertaker battle Big Show in ECW no i would watch wwe for that plus dq's and count outs wtf dang ECW way back when was a fed i loved this sucks it is basicly a slap in the face of the ECW legacy and a lot of people knew about ECW before Vince why doi you think we hate the new ECW now time to end this rant oh yeah the only thing extreme about this ecw is the name did you ever even watch the old ECW

[QUOTE=ECWRulz32]frist of all to us true ECW fans this is not what we epexted or want do you want to see the undertaker battle Big Show in ECW no i would watch wwe for that plus dq's and count outs wtf dang ECW way back when was a fed i loved this sucks it is basicly a slap in the face of the ECW legacy and a lot of people knew about ECW before Vince why doi you think we hate the new ECW now time to end this rant oh yeah the only thing extreme about this ecw is the name did you ever even watch the old ECW[/QUOTE] hey your right but i'm one of those people your talking about man and i don't think vince is running ecw but it just the matches and what happens suck.

hey i'm sorry for posting this but i'm sick and tried of this new ecw well with that said what ecwrulz23 said have ever watched a old ecw match because if you have then you would be a pallion fan but i do watch the new ecw in fact i think they need a two hour show than a one hour you see this ecw is a fake i would like to watch tna than it but i just want to see if it would change.

[QUOTE=jerlito]hey i'm sorry for posting this but i'm sick and tried of this new ecw well with that said what ecwrulz23 said have ever watched a old ecw match because if you have then you would be a pallion fan but i do watch the new ecw in fact i think they need a two hour show than a one hour you see this ecw is a fake i would like to watch tna than it but i just want to see if it would change.[/QUOTE]Jerlito frist of all its 32 not 23 second of all i understand were you guys are coming from but its just my oppion you know maybey they would be better if they had a two hour show but i still think vince should not run ECW i mean VInce knows nothing about extreme did you see last nights ECW main event Undertaker vs Big Show WTF Big Show will never be hardcore same as the Undertaker

RVD's "30 days" should be up after next week, correct? with this being WWECW, I think RVD return will go like this: In two weeks when RVD gets to come back, I see Heyman coming to the ring with the two officers/guards. RVD's music will hit, Heyman will tell the "guards" to stop RVD, but the two "guards" will end up being Dreamer and RVD and they will proceed to beat down Heyman until Test and Big Show make their way out resulting in a tag match, in which after the tag match which RVD and Dreamer win. Heyman makes Big Show vs. RVD for the title and Test vs. Dreamer. How long till summerslam? just a thought, not coming from any wrestling sites. Just want to see if I am right or not

[QUOTE=mystic]RVD's "30 days" should be up after next week, correct? with this being WWECW, I think RVD return will go like this: In two weeks when RVD gets to come back, I see Heyman coming to the ring with the two officers/guards. RVD's music will hit, Heyman will tell the "guards" to stop RVD, but the two "guards" will end up being Dreamer and RVD and they will proceed to beat down Heyman until Test and Big Show make their way out resulting in a tag match, in which after the tag match which RVD and Dreamer win. Heyman makes Big Show vs. RVD for the title and Test vs. Dreamer. How long till summerslam? just a thought, not coming from any wrestling sites. Just want to see if I am right or not[/QUOTE] Interesting theory. What do you guys think they are going to do with CM Punk?

Archived