Whats The Worst part of WWECW in your opinoin?

XxFutureLegend112xX

TNA will definitely pick up Paul Heyman and they would be insane to not pick up Eric Bischoff when his contract expires. Imagine Russo, Bischoff, and Heyman working together. TNA has the chance to pull ahead, in terms of quality, of WWE, but they have decided to try and imitate WWE. WWE invented Sports-Entertainment, how can you beat somebody at something that they invented? Don't badmouth the return of DX, as it is obviously working. I haven't watched RAW in months but when I heard the rumors of a DX reunion, I watched every RAW from April until now. While the DX gimmick isn't new, it is POPULAR and it makes MONEY, which is all that matters. Plus, if you guys hate WWE, then it's a good sign, maybe DX will become the new nWo, if you WCW buffs know what I mean.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=HughBatey4;163933]TNA will definitely pick up Paul Heyman and they would be insane to not pick up Eric Bischoff when his contract expires. Imagine Russo, Bischoff, and Heyman working together. TNA has the chance to pull ahead, in terms of quality, of WWE, but they have decided to try and imitate WWE. WWE invented Sports-Entertainment, how can you beat somebody at something that they invented? Don't badmouth the return of DX, as it is obviously working. I haven't watched RAW in months but when I heard the rumors of a DX reunion, I watched every RAW from April until now. While the DX gimmick isn't new, it is POPULAR and it makes MONEY, which is all that matters. Plus, if you guys hate WWE, then it's a good sign, maybe DX will become the new nWo, if you WCW buffs know what I mean.[/QUOTE] To a certin extent I agree, but Trips and HBK wouldn't let DX become what latter day nWo was to WCW. Whilst both have incredible egos, it's a different sort to Nash and the like. Nash only cares about Nash being top of the pile, it doesn't matter whether he looks good while up there. Personally I think Trips and HBK would realise that while DX could keep them on top, ultimately it would make them look bad if it wound up like the nWo. But to be honest, if WWE did make the same mistake with DX as WCW did with nWo they deserve to lose popularity. And just a little thought for you about not being able to beat the inventors of something- the English invented football (soccer for the Americans). Yet we haven't won the World Cup in 40 years. It can be done if that is what people want to see. And in my opinion, SE is the style that gains the fans you need to get to WWEs size. The previous style works to gain a following, to gain mass worldwide support of all ages I personally think Sports Entertainment is the only style that can give you that. For now, anyway.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;163998]the English invented football (soccer for the Americans). Yet we haven't won the World Cup in 40 years. It can be done if that is what people want to see.[/QUOTE] Whilst i'm not going to drag the thread way off topic, i'll just say this. That's not the fault of English players, it's due to the influx of foreign players into the English leagues. /end topic.

[QUOTE=panix04;164013]just as a counter to that, Im a west hame fan we had a team chock full of British talent on Sunday and who was our best player? monsier Tevez! Still didn't help us though did it? :)[/QUOTE] I wasn't talking about lesser teams though (:p), teams like Chelsea and Arsenal in particular rely too heavily on their foreign players. At Arsenal you're lucky to see an English player on their team! /end topic

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;164038]TNA picks up all the garbage WWE throw's away.[/QUOTE] This is one thing that concerns me, TNA is almost becoming WCW in that they pick up the majority of WWE's former stars: Christian, The Dudleys (all 3 of 'em), Rhino, Ron Killings, Kip James, BG James, Christy Hemme, Gail Kim, Jackie Gayda, Kevin Nash, Raven, Scott Steiner, Tyson Tomko. That's probably half of the TNA roster that were formerly WWE. :rolleyes: I'm hoping they wont go the WCW route and continue to push the bigger names and not do anything with their younger talent. AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin should all be in the main event scene if you ask me.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;164000]Whilst i'm not going to drag the thread way off topic, i'll just say this. That's not the fault of English players, it's due to the influx of foreign players into the English leagues. /end topic.[/QUOTE] Yeah that's true and I considered that when I was posting but only meant to be a very simplistic point that shows it is possible for imitators to become the leaders, for whatever reasons.

I'm hoping they wont go the WCW route and continue to push the bigger names and not do anything with their younger talent. AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin should all be in the main event scene if you ask me.[/QUOTE] AJ and Daniels certainly, I'm not 100% convinced that Sabin is ready for that just yet though he is talented. Styles and Daniels do have that storyline running with Rhino that seems to be getting a lot of attention and Sabin might have a part in that. As for the bigger names, you do have to push them to some extent. After all, if you can use them to bring in the crowds then you can show them what you're doing with your younger talent.

Here is the thing that bother's me alot with that though. TNA has alot of youthfull talent, and is seen as the little guy (promotion wise) on the block. They have real talent in AJ styles and Christopher Daniels. I'm hoping that this storyline leads to Daniels and Style's being single worker's instead of tag team, for 90% of the time. Being able to go after the biggest title, instead of X-Division. X-Division is not a main event title, although they have talent that should be main event. They choose to keep them their, and that worries me. If they do what I am hoping, TNA will give the X-Division title to Chris Sabin. Daniels will start on his journey for the main title, as will AJ. AJ will have a couple of match's with Rhyno for the storyline as well as having AJ win these match's, and maybe go a bit berserk on Rhino... Hence, Daniels in for the save. Now that Rhino is prooved to be no match for AJ, Daniels will have to be the one to stop him. They could easily be put into the main event, since both have the charisma (although I feel Daniels has more vocal talent). Sting and Kurt should join force's. This will help both out. They should be kept on the main event, however... Samoa Joe needs to be "The Man". He needs to be able to whip up on both of them. Kurt might not be that old, but we all know his body is not going to last... TNA should consider this, but I doubt they will, for obvious reasons. Kurt is going to be "The Man" instead.... And I think this is going to hurt them in the long run.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;164046]AJ and Daniels certainly, I'm not 100% convinced that Sabin is ready for that just yet though he is talented.[/quote] I'm not saying that Sabin should be pushed immediately as I too don't think he's ready just yet (despite his talent), but he should be at least start being groomed to be a main eventer. [quote]As for the bigger names, you do have to push them to some extent. After all, if you can use them to bring in the crowds then you can show them what you're doing with your younger talent.[/QUOTE] That's all well and good but that pretty much what WCW did, having Hogan, Nash etc. being the big drawing names and not really utilising their younger talent. Whilst I don't watch TNA religiously, who are/have been the main eventers in recent times: Jarrett, Angle, Rhino, Sting, Joe and Christian, all big names in their own right. They all deserve to be in the main event scene (except for Jarrett :rolleyes:) but at some point they're going to have to bring some of the other talent up the roster otherwise it'll be WCW all over again, with no-one else on the roster getting opportunities because the big names keep hogging the spotlight.

Then you have Russo.............. I have a thought, and it's going to be different then my ussual thoughts..... Ok, TNA does just like WCW, for the most part... however they do have this X-Division and Tag team going on as well, lately, better then before. A bigger picture of this could be, hey... It did work for WCW, I mean they did kick WWE's butt for something like a year didn't they? (WWF, WWE, whatever) Why not do it EXACTLY like WCW now? Till they have that type of crowd? Then afterward, take a couple of lessons from the WWF/E, and bring up the talent to the main event AFTER your really in competition... This might actually work. I don't know what I would do, just thought of this, after all the comparison's to the WCW. I mean, if WCW was the one's to work in new talent, and have compelling storylines, I think they could have easily won the war so to speak. It was whoever figured it out first really. TNA might be going the WCW route, but just might have a plan up their sleeve for when they get there. I believe it might work, if this is the plan. However, it's ussually not the way I think, so probably your right.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;164055]I mean, if WCW was the one's to work in new talent, and have compelling storylines, I think they could have easily won the war so to speak. It was whoever figured it out first really.[/QUOTE] Agreed. Whilst WCW was poaching WWE's big names like Rick Rude, Luger, Hogan and Nash, WWE stole younger and more talented workers like Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. With Vince Russo now working at TNA I fear for the worst....

You know, that last statement, "With Vince Russo now working at TNA I fear for the worst....", I don't know why, but this statement makes me want Paul Heyman to go their and work with Russo now.... I feel like Heyman know's how to get behind young talent better. I believe Lashley went to ECW because he felt Heyman was going to know how to utilize his talent better. I know that the worker's really don't have any say so for real, in what brand they end up on, but I think Lashley was looking forward to being under Heyman to be honest. So what of people that really felt Heyman was "the man"? Think they will move if Heyman does? This could get kind of messy actually... If just two or three talents from WWE left to TNA, and Heyman does the same, it could really be messy in TNA for a while, or not, lol.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;164060]You know, that last statement, "With Vince Russo now working at TNA I fear for the worst....", I don't know why, but this statement makes me want Paul Heyman to go their and work with Russo now.... [/quote] I'd rather Russo just disappeared quietly off into the night.... [quote]So what of people that really felt Heyman was "the man"? Think they will move if Heyman does? This could get kind of messy actually... If just two or three talents from WWE left to TNA, and Heyman does the same, it could really be messy in TNA for a while, or not, lol.[/QUOTE] I imagine that the majority of ECW originals who weren't already unhappy will be now, and will leave the first chance they get.

That's all well and good but that pretty much what WCW did, having Hogan, Nash etc. being the big drawing names and not really utilising their younger talent. Whilst I don't watch TNA religiously, who are/have been the main eventers in recent times: Jarrett, Angle, Rhino, Sting, Joe and Christian, all big names in their own right. They all deserve to be in the main event scene (except for Jarrett :rolleyes:) but at some point they're going to have to bring some of the other talent up the roster otherwise it'll be WCW all over again, with no-one else on the roster getting opportunities because the big names keep hogging the spotlight.[/QUOTE] Actually no. WCW focussed entirely on the old guys and let the younger talent go hang. They never gave the younger guys a chance to do anything except job. TNA at least is willing to put the younger guys over the older ones that is part of how Joe got as big as he was since TNA gave him big wins over established stars like Jarrett and Rhino. If it was being run exactly like WCW he never would've gotten close to the top. So there is hope, and you have to remember elevating the younger guys is a gradual process, or should be at least. You push a guy to fast and you get fiascos like Blandy Orton.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;164077]That's all well and good but that pretty much what WCW did, having Hogan, Nash etc. being the big drawing names and not really utilising their younger talent. Whilst I don't watch TNA religiously, who are/have been the main eventers in recent times: Jarrett, Angle, Rhino, Sting, Joe and Christian, all big names in their own right. They all deserve to be in the main event scene (except for Jarrett :rolleyes:) but at some point they're going to have to bring some of the other talent up the roster otherwise it'll be WCW all over again, with no-one else on the roster getting opportunities because the big names keep hogging the spotlight Actually no. WCW focussed entirely on the old guys and let the younger talent go hang. They never gave the younger guys a chance to do anything except job. TNA at least is willing to put the younger guys over the older ones that is part of how Joe got as big as he was since TNA gave him big wins over established stars like Jarrett and Rhino. If it was being run exactly like WCW he never would've gotten close to the top. So there is hope, and you have to remember elevating the younger guys is a gradual process, or should be at least. You push a guy to fast and you get fiascos like Blandy Orton.[/QUOTE] I'm really sorry to do this but I feel like WCW is getting quite bad stick here. I know it's off topic and I'm sorry for this but for a few years WCW was really good. Probably better than WWF at times, far better than current WWE and better than TNA. Sure, it went arse up due to poor planning nd booking, plus incidents and bad booking staff etc (most of these are discussed in the Death of WCW? dynasty) but I don't think some of this talk of WCW is a fair reflection. To say the younger tlented guys were just jobbed out is not entirely true. They jobbed to the main event guys, but they also had some world class matches against each other. Otherwise how would anyone who only started watching wrestling after 1997 know Dean Malenko was possibly the greatest technician of his generation. He sure as heck didn't get a chance to show in WWF. The "vanilla midgets" as Nash called them had phenominal matches and were booked well whilst in mid-card (think of how good Kidman was in WCW compared to WWF) but WCWs problem was they didn't push these guys into the Main Event. Lets not forget that Vince was very scared of WCW. It had the more over talent, the more talented telent (down the roster, admittedly). And Nitro beat Raw in the ratings for 84 straight weeks.To say that WCW wasn't a great, successful, much loved company for quite a long time would be a grave underestimation. Anyways... sorry to do that... rant over... as you were... :)

I wasn't saying that people were arguing against them, maybe just forgetting them? Or overlooking them? And yeah I see where you're coming from about being worried TNA aren't using what they have. Hopefully they will use the big names to get to the top (or in a dream world near the top, joint with WWE, which would bring out the best in both) and then capitalising on what they have. Fingers crossed.

Archived