WCW '96: Cowboys Never Die(take 2)

*So, a little backstory. 9 years ago I tried to make a dynasty based around the idea of Bill Watts taking over as WCW president following the 1995 Starrcade but personal things got in the way and it ended prematurely. I've tried to make other dynasties over the years but this idea was always one I wanted to fully explore so I am resurrecting it and giving it another go.

Starrcade 1995 Results

::: Dark Match :::

One Man Gang defeated Kensuke Sasaki ©

::: Main Show :::

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Dave Sullivan

The American Males (Marcus Alexander Bagwell and Scotty Riggs) defeated

The Blue Bloods (Lord Steven Regal and Earl Robert Eaton)

Jushin Thunder Liger (with Sonny Onoo) defeated Chris Benoit

Koji Kanemoto (with Sonny Onoo) defeated Alex Wright

Lex Luger (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Masahiro Chono (with Sonny Onoo) by submission

Johnny B. Badd (with The Diamond Doll) defeated Masa Saito (with Sonny Onoo) by disqualification

Shinjiro Otani (with Sonny Onoo) defeated Eddy Guerrero

Randy Savage defeated Hiroyoshi Tenzan (with Sonny Onoo)

Sting defeated Kensuke Sasaki (with Sonny Onoo) by submission

Ric Flair defeated Lex Luger and Sting by countout

Ric Flair (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Randy Savage ©

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 10 Commandments

of

Bill Watts

1: Thou shall keep Kayfabe!

(Any incident reports that can hurt the business will be dealt with severely!)

2: Thou art in a wrestling company!

(No comedy, hardcore, psychopath, daredevil, or high flyer workers will be hired or have their contracts renewed.)

3: Thou shall not be coddled!

(All incidents will receive stern warning or higher response, backstage rules will not be used to make guys happy.)

4: Thou shall make it look good!

(No matches will be scripted on A shows or events.)

5: Thou are not bigger than the business!

(No one gets creative control.)

6: Thou are not special!

(Anyone who refuses to "job" will sit out the show.)

7: Thou shall respect tradition!

(no edgy/offensive/sexual/graphic content.)

8: Thou shall make it count!

(Special matches are for special occasions.)

9: Thou art a hero or a villain but not both!

(Faces are good, heels are bad, no tweeners.)

10: Thou are here to work!

(No one is hired/fired based on friendship status.)

WCW Monday Nitro

Eddy Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

American Males vs. The Blue Bloods

Jim Duggan vs. Dave Finlay

Johnny B. Badd vs. Diamond Dallas Page(TV Title Match)

The Renegade vs. Big Bubba

Sting vs. Kevin Sullivan

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs. Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman

Bill Watts running a company in the mid 90's? I really hope you stick with this because out of all the alternative "what if" ideas, this one is easily one of the more interesting concepts.

Eddy Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

American Males vs. The Blue Bloods

Jim Duggan vs. Dave Finlay

Johnny B. Badd vs. Diamond Dallas Page(TV Title Match)

The Renegade vs. Big Bubba

Sting vs. Kevin Sullivan

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs. Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman

WCW Roster as of January 1st 1996

Wrestlers

::: Faces :::

Alex Wright

Bobby Walker managed by Teddy Long

Cobra

Eddy Guerrero

Evad Sullivan

Fidel Sierra

Hulk Hogan

Ice Train

Jerry Sags

Jim Duggan managed by Madus Micelli

Joey Maggs

Johnny B. Badd managed by Kimberly

Johnny Grunge

Major Craig Pittman

Marcus Bagwell

Mr. J.L.

Randy Savage managed by Elizabeth

Ricky Santana

Road Warrior Animal

Road Warrior Hawk

Rocco Rock

Scott Norton

Scotty Riggs

Sting

The Renegade

::: Heels :::

Arn Anderson

Big Bubba

Black Bart

Booker T managed by Sister Sherri

Brian Pillman

Bunkhouse Buck managed by Col. Rob Parker

Chris Benoit

Chris Kanyon

Dave Finlay

Dean Malenko

Diamond Dallas Page managed by Maxx Muscle

Dick Slater managed by Col. Rob Parker

Disco Inferno

Earl Robert Eaton

Hugh Morrus managed by Jimmy Hart

Kevin Sullivan managed by Jimmy Hart

Kurasawa managed by Sonny Onoo

Lex Luger

Lord Steven Regal

Lt. James Earl

Mark Starr

Maxx Muscle

Meng managed by Jimmy Hart

One Man Gang managed by Jimmy Hart

Ric Flair

Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker

Shark managed by Jimmy Hart

Squire David Taylor

Stevie Ray managed by Sister Sherri

Super Assassin #1 managed by Jimmy Hart

Super Assassin #2 managed by Jimmy Hart

The Gambler

The Giant managed by Jimmy Hart

The Zodiac managed by Jimmy Hart

V.K. Wallstreet

Tag Teams

American Males (Marcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs)

Barrio Boys (Ricky Santana & Fidel Sierra)

Benoit & Malenko

Bunkhouse Buck & Dirty Dick

Fire and Ice (Scott Norton & Ice Train)

Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray)

Luger & Sting

Men at Work (Mark Starr & Chris Kanyon)

Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags)

Public Enemy (Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge)

Road Warriors

State Patrol (Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker & Lt. James Earl)

The Blue Bloods (Lord Steven Regal, Earl Robert Eaton, Squire David Taylor)

The Special Forces (Cobra & Maj. Craig Pittman)

The Super Assassins

Stables

The Dungeon of Doom (Kevin Sullivan, Jimmy Hart, Meng, The Giant, The Zodiac, Shark, One Man Gang, Hug Morrus, Super Assassin #1, Super Assassin #2)

The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman, Chris Benoit)

Announcers

Bobby Heenan, Mike Tenay, and Dusty Rhodes

On Screen Personalities

Bill Watts, Chris Cruise, Gene Okerlund, Lanny Poffo, Larry Zbyszko, Lee Marshall, Steve McMichaels, and Tony Schiavone

::: WCW Championship Roll Call :::

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Current Champion:

Ric Flair

Past Champions in this dynasty:

WCW World Tag Team Championship

Current Champions:

Harlem Heat

WCW US Championship

Current Champion:

One Man Gang

WCW World TV Championship

Current Champion:

Johnny B. Badd

WCW: Monday Nitro!

January 1996 Week 1

Live from: The Arrowhead Pond Arena

Attendance: 19,000 (SOLD OUT)

Announcers:

Mike Tenay, Bobby Heenan, and Dusty Rhodes

::: Pre-Show :::

Fire and Ice Defeated Men at Work

Lex Luger Defeated Alex Wright

The Giant and Meng Defeated The Nasty Boys

Ric Flair Defeated Disco Inferno

New WCW President

“Cowboy” Bill Watts walks out to the ring as the announcers put him over big time. Mike Tenay says Bill is responsible for his current position as the head announcer and he wonders what other changes Bill is going to bring to WCW. Bill is handed a microphone and he addresses the crowd.

Bill Watts: I know you missed me as much as I missed you but there isn't enough time us to catch up because I got some important business to get to. First off, the match between Eddy Guerrero and Dean Malenko is going to be a number contender to the US title match! Both men have really impressed the WCW championship committee and they feel both of them deserve a shot at that belt, so tonight we will see which one wants it more. Second order of business is to go over a huge change in the way WCW handles its talent. You see, I believe you fans deserve to see matches get decided in the ring with the better man picking up the win and so, from this moment on, any wrestler who is disqualified in a match will be fined $10,000! Now, if someone interferes in a match and triggers a DQ then that wrestler, manager, valet, or whatever will be fined $20,000! This is WCW and we settle things in the ring like men. The last thing I need to announce is the return of the Jim Crockett Memorial Tag Team Tournament, better known as the Crockett Cup. It will be held in April and feature 16 of the best tag teams from around the world with the winning team receiving a WCW World Tag Team Title match and $50,000! Now then, enjoy the show.

Eddy Guerrero Vs Dean Malenko

Eddy and Dean start the match off by trading moves and counters, both men demonstrating their speed and skill. Eventually Eddy would get the advantage and he climbed the top rope to hit his finisher but the referee stopped him from diving off due to the new rules implemented by Bill Watts. As the referee and Eddy continue to argue Dean is able to get up and tosses Eddy off the top rope with a suplex before making a pin and picking up the win.

Winner: Dean Malenko

The American Males Vs The Blue Bloods

Before the match all 3 of the Blue Bloods discuss which 2 would participate in the match. After a few moments Lord Steven Regal and Squire David Taylor get into the ring as Earl Robert Eaton hangs out at ringside. The match itself was pretty one sided with The Blue Bloods using their superior wrestling skills to put a stop to the American Males attempts at offense. Eventually Scotty Riggs submits to a Regal Stretch as Eaton and Taylor beat up on Bagwell at ringside.

Winners: The Blue Bloods

Where is Savage?

Hulk Hogan is backstage with Gene Okerlund and he looks worried as he paces back and forth.

Gene Okerlund: Hulkster, this was suppose to be an interview with you and your partner Randy Savage but he hasn't been seen since Starrcade.

Hulk Hogan: Mean...Gene! Brother I was hoping you would know where the Macho Man was because I haven't been able to get a hold of him since last night brother. Now, me and Randy are scheduled to face two of the Four Horsemen in tonight's main event and I know that Randy would never willingly miss a show brother...Which means the Four Horsemen must have done something brotha. Now I can't prove those rats are behind it Mean Gene but I can feel it in my bones brother. Arn Anderson...Brian Pillman....you two may have prevented Randy Savage from showing up tonight but I'm here brother and I'm going to kick both your butts even if I have to do it myself! So whatcha gonna do, when Hulkamania runs wild on you?

Hogan rips off his shirt before walking away.

Gene Okerlund: It seems like your ready to take those two on by yourself if need be. Good luck Hulkster!

Jim Duggan Vs Dave Finlay

This was more of a brawl then a wrestling match as both men relied more on hard hitting punches than scientific wrestling holds. Finlay was able to hold his own with Duggan pretty well but the crowd let out a USA chant and Duggan was able to fire himself up and take Finlay down with a 3 Point Charge before making the pin.

Winner: Jim Duggan

We got your back brother!

Backstage we see Hulk Hogan talking to Sting and The Road Warriors. We briefly hear Sting talking before the show goes to commercial.

Sting: Don't worry Hulkster, me and The Road Warriors got your back tonight brother. If The Four Horsemen think they can take all of us out, well they are going to be sadly disappointed!

Johnny B. Badd w/Kimberly Vs Diamond Dallas Page w/Maxx Muscle

WCW TV Championship Match

This was a classic back and forth bout and it looked like Badd was going to win it until Kimberly got on the ring apron and was accidentally knocked off by Page. As the referee checked on Kimberly Maxx Muscle got in the ring and helped Page work over Badd. Muscle would eventually lift Badd up in a Military Press only for Page to jump up and nail Badd with a Diamond Cutter. Moments later the referee was back in the ring and making the three count for Page's pin on Badd.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page

One down, one to go!

Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman are backstage looking like the cats that ate the canary.

Arn Anderson: Hogan, from the moment you walked into WCW you have been the one force no one has been able to overcome. Well, tonight Brian and I are going to do just that because Randy is nowhere to be found and you are contractually obligated to step into that ring. We have emotion, we have momentum, and we have a plan.

Brian Pillman: That's right Arn, because Hogan and Savage might be the greatest team to ever step into the ring together but the two of us are not so far off from them. With Savage...unable to be here tonight, well that means things are well in our favor!

The Renegade Vs Big Bubba

The Renegade and Bubba started the match with a lock up which Bubba won handily. Bubba then proceeded to manhandle The Renegade for several minutes before ending the match with a huge belly to belly suplex and pinning Renegade.

Winner: Big Bubba

We deserve a title shot!

The Road Warriors are in the ring wearing their wrestling gear and holding microphones.

Road Warrior Hawk: Listen up, we are the most destructive force in wrestling and we are here to take back the most prestigious tag team titles in the wrestling world. Now, if there are any teams willing to step up and be our first victims, then bring your butts down to the ring!

As soon as Hawk was done with those words the Super Assassins ran down to the ring and the two team started to brawl. The two fought in and out of the ring before a referee was sent out and an official match was started.

The Road Warriors Vs The Super Assassins

The two teams continued to brawl in and out of the ring even after the bell rang and both teams nearly got counted out several times. Eventually the Road Warriors were able to overpower the Super Assassins and land a Doomsday Device on Super Assassin #2 before making the pin.

Winners: The Road Warriors

I'm coming for you Lex!

Sting comes down to the ring for his match and grabs a microphone. He looks at the crowd before he starts to speak.

Sting: Lex, we have been friends and we have been foes. We have stood shoulder to shoulder in this ring and stared each other down from across it. You are the only man in WCW I share more history with than Ric Flair. Now tonight, I may be facing Kevin Sullivan bt it is you who am I going to be picturing when I smash his face in. Our friendship is over once and for all and...

Suddenly the lights in the arena flickered and then the image of a black scorpion appeared on the big screen. Across the scorpion were the words “The time has come for payback”. Sting looked visably shaken as the announcers tried to make sense of what they are looking at. The show cut to commercial as Sting watched the image fade away.

Sting Vs Kevin Sullivan w/Jimmy Hart

Sting, looking shaken up by the events that happened just prior to the match, was a few steps off his game and Kevin Sullivan took full advantage of that fact. After several minutes of cheap tactics by Sullivan and Hart, Sting was able to mount a comeback. Sting was able to lock Sullivan in a Scorpion Deathlock but Hart distracted the referee and Sting release the hold before he could be declared the winner. Lex Luger then ran down to the ring and attacked Sting but Sting was able to turn the tide and take the fight to Lex. In a last ditch effort to down Sting, Luger came off the ropes with a flying forearm but Sting moved and Sullivan was nailed with the move. Lex quickly got out of the ring and high tailed it to the back as Sting pinned Sullivan.

Winner: Sting

Hulk Hogan Vs Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman

Hulk came out to a huge applause and he posed for the crowd before Arn and Pillman came out. Arn and Hogan started things off with Hogan able to get the better of Arn. After Pillman was tagged in things took a turn for Hogan and it looked like he wouldn't be able to overcome the odds. Just when all hope was lost Hogan “Hulked up” and stared to beat down Arn and Pillman. Ric Flair and Chris Benoit came out to the ring and it looked like it would be four on one but The Road Warriors and Sting ran out to the ring and stopped Flair and Benoit. As Hogan and Pillman fought in the ring Arn was outside trying to get a chair from the crowd but Sting attacked him. Hogan nailed Pillman with a Big Boot before landing a Legdrop and making the pin.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Scandal at Nitro

According to inside sources Bobby Walker showed up to Nitro high as a kite and Shark was drunker than a sailor on shore leave. Both men are said have been fired by WCW and consider this a huge wake up call.

***Thank you for reading! I love the predictions but one of the things that has always hampered my dynasty writing was trying to balance getting things posted and giving you guys enough time to give feedback. With that said, I am going to be posting shows up as I get them written, no set schedule. You will have at least 48 hours from when the preview is posted to when the show goes up to get match predictions in.. Hopefully this will help me keep chugging along.

Just a little behind the scenes peek for those interested in that kind of thing. So, I had a HUGE plan for where I wanted to take WCW but it all hinged on 2 key signings...AND WWF and I are now in a bidding war for these workers! Due to the self imposed rules I have in place I am not so sure I can win and it looks like I will have to alter my plans. THIS is why I love TEW and don't just write fantasy wrestling stories. With negotiations going on still and the 2nd Nitro being booked I'm going to have to leave myself a few outs in case my plans fall through. WCW Saturday Night should be up some time Tuesday.

WCW Saturday Night!

January 1996 Week 1

Live from: The Cobb County Civic Center

Attendance: 3,500 (SOLD OUT)

Announcers:

Alex Wright Defeated Black Bart

The Special Forces Defeated Men At Work

One Man Gang Defeated Mr. J.L.

Joey Magg Vs The Zodiac w/Kevin Sullivan

The Zodiac dominated the match but he kept rolling off Maggs instead of getting the three count. Sullivan kept yelling at Zodiac to finish the match and mercifully Zodiac finally pinned Maggs for a three count.

Winner: The Zodiac

Meet Fire and Ice

We go backstage to see Teddy Long flanked by Scott “Flash” Norton and Ice Train. Teddy is smiling really big as Norton and Train flex their muscles and try to look tough.

Teddy Long: Take a good look at the two men standing next to me and realize they represent destiny. You see, I have managed a lot of tag teams, from Doom to the Skyscrapers, but these two men are by far the biggest and baddest men that I have ever managed. Scott “Flash” Norton has the power of a heavyweight and the speed of a junior weight. Ice Train is a force of nature with no remorse. Together under my guidance they will capture tag team gold and the coveted Crockett Cup!

Fire and Ice w/Teddy Long Vs The State Patrol

In a quick match, Fire and Ice dominated the State Patrol. The finish of the match saw Norton and Train rebound off opposite ropes and land hard lariats on Lt. James Earl before Norton made the pin. The announcers let the fans know the move was called the Cross Bomber as Fire and Ice headed to the back.

Winners: Fire and Ice

Eddy wants a rematch!

Gene Okerlund is standing in the back with a tense looking Eddy Guerrero.

Gene Okerlund: Eddy, you took a hard loss on Nitro to Dean Malenko, are there any words you would like to say about it?

Eddy Guerrero: Gene there are plenty of words I want to say about it but I'm going to keep it PG.

Gene Okerlund: Thank you Eddy.

Eddy Guerrero: Dean, you beat me in that ring fare and square but we both know things could have gone either way. Had we fought on another day or at a different time in the night it might be you talking to Gene about your loss. Now, I know you earned a shot at the US champion One Man Gang but I am here asking you for a rematch next week. Me and you Dean, put the title shot on the line again and let's see if things are different this time!

Gene Okerlund: That is quite the challenge Eddy and I hope Dean agrees to it because that match last week was one of the best on the show. Good luck in your match against Dick Slater that is coming up in just a few minutes.

Eddy Guerrero Vs Dick Slater

Eddy and Dick started things off with some classic mat wrestling before Eddy used his speed to take Dick off his game. Eventually Eddy put Dick down with a stalling suplex before using the ring ropes as a springboard to land a Frog Splash on Dick and make the pin.

Winner: Eddy Guerrero

Diamond Dallas Page is a fighting champion!

Diamond Dallas Page is backstage looking at his WCW TV Championship as Maxx Muscle is telling him how great he is.

Diamond Dallas Page: That's enough monkey boy. Hey, camera guy get a good shot of this belt. You fans see that name on there, Diamond Dallas Page, well that name's going to be there a long time. Now, it's not going to be there a long time because I'm some punk who is going to duck and dodge matches...no sir. It's going to be there a long time because I am just that good and if I'm ever having an off night, let's just say Maxx knows what to do. Dontcha Maxx?

Maxx Muscle: Pain!

Diamond Dallas Page: That's right Maxx, pain. He may not be the smartest guy on the block but nobody can hurt a guy like Maxx can.

The Renegade Vs Diamond Dallas Page w/Maxx Muscle

WCW TV Championship Match

Page and Renegade start off by trading blows in the ring and it quickly becomes apparent that Page is outgunned. Page fakes a leg injury to distract the referee which allows Maxx to get in and slam Renegade with a huge power bomb. Page quickly recovers from his injury and makes the pin on Renegade to retain his title.

January 1996 Week 2

Live from: The Louisville Freedom Hall

Attendance: 19,000 (SOLD OUT)

Announcers:

The Masked Duo Defeated The Special Forces

“Black Adonis” Defeated Super Invader

Randy Savage confronts Hulk Hogan and Sting backstage

The show opens with Randy Savage stomping through the back area screaming “Where is he” at the top of his lungs. Eventually Randy bumps into Hogan and the Hulkster tries to calm Randy down.

Hulk Hogan: Calm down brother. Who are you looking for and where were you last week?

Randy Savage: Where was I? I was in the hospital because your friend attacked me with a chair.

Hulk Hogan: My friend? What are you talking about?

Just then Sting comes around the corner and Savage becomes incensed.

Randy Savage: There you are you rat! Move out the way Hogan, I owe this punk a butt kicking!

Sting: Whoa, Randy. What are you talking about bro?

Randy Savage: You know what I'm talking about Sting and I'm going to go out there and let these fans know you're a piece of trash!

Savage storms off as Sting and Hogan look confused and Nitro officially starts.

Fire and Ice w/Teddy long Vs Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck w/Col. Rob Parker

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Fire and Ice defeated Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick in 8:24 when Scott Norton defeated Bunkhouse Buck by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker.

Randy Savage reveals Sting attacked him last week

Randy Savage comes out looking incredibly angry. He is holding a microphone and ignores the fans as he storms to the ring.

Randy Savage: Last week I was scheduled to tag with my good friend Hulk Hogan to face off against two of WCW's biggest rats, Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman but I was unable to make it to the arena. A lot of rumors have been going around and people started pointing the finger at the Four Horsemen, saying they think Ric and his groupies attacked the Macho Man. Well, I was attacked last week. I was beaten and left lying on the street outside my home. If it wasn't for the kindness of a neighbor I'd still be lying there. Now, it wasn't Ric Flair or his cronies that attacked me. No! It was someone I trusted...someone who I thought had my back. The person who tried to take me out was none other than Sting! Now I already talked to Bill Watts and me and that punk are going to be in the main event and I'm going to make him sorry he ever put his hands on me!

”Hacksaw” Jim Duggan Vs Earl Robert Eaton

In a decent match, Jim Duggan defeated Earl Robert Eaton in 7:45 by pinfall with a Running Clotheline Tackle.

4 Horsemen meeting

The 4 Horsemen are gathered in the back discussing last week's match with Hogan.

Ric Flair: How could the two of you let that New York bum beat you in a match? Don't answer, I already know. Pillman, you're off your game and you get to get your act together. Arn held his own but it was obvious you're the weak link. Now, to get you back on your game I booked you in a match tonight with a guy you should be able to wrestle circles around. Tonight, you're facing Brad Armstrong!

Junkyard Dog Vs Diamond Dallas Page w/Maxx Muscle

WCW TV Title Match

In a decent match, Diamond Dallas Page defeated Junkyard Dog in 8:10 by submission. During the match Maxx Muscle ran in and attacked JYD. Diamond Dallas Page makes defense number 2 of his WCW World Television title.

Dean Malenko agrees...IF?

Dean Malenko is in the back looking quite pleased with himself.

Dean Malenko: Eddy, last week you took me to the limit and I would love to give you another chance to become the number 1 contender to the US title but I have a tag match already scheduled for tonight. I would be open to giving you another match next week, if you can defeat the number 3 contender...Meng! Good luck Eddy, I hope I see you in the ring next week.

Brad Armstrong Vs Brian Pillman

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Brad Armstrong defeated Brian Pillman in 7:42 by pinfall with a surprise roll up. Pillman is in the ring shocked as Brad runs around ringside celebrating.

Winner: Brad Armstrong

Sting pleads with Hogan

Sting is in the back with Hulk Hogan desperately trying to plead his case.

Sting: Hulkster, it's me the Stinger. You know I had nothing to do with Savage being attacked. I'm not that kind of guy and you know it.

Hulk Hogan: Look Sting, you have always been on the level with me, but me and Savage go way back and if he says you attacked him then HE believes you attacked him brother. I suggest you go out there and wrestle him in a civil contest and prove to him you're not the kind of guy to jump people from behind.

The Nasty Boys Vs Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Benoit and Malenko defeated Nasty Boys in 7:45 when Chris Benoit defeated Jerry Sags by submission with a Crippler Crossface.

Winners: Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko

Hulk Hogan Vs V.K. Wallstreet

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Hulk Hogan defeated V.K. Wallstreet in 7:53 by pinfall with a Leg Drop.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Sting is in for a surprise

Sting is seen watching Hogan's match on a monitor in the back when suddenly the lights go out. We then see the TV monitor he was watching flicker until a message is on screen. “You can't run from your past and you can't hide from me.” The lights come back on and the monitor returns to normal as Sting looks a bit worried.

Eddy Guerrero Vs Meng w/Jimmy Hart

In a decent match, Eddy Guerrero defeated Meng in 8:13 by pinfall after Eddy used the ropes as a springboard and landed a Frog Splash on Meng.

Winner: Eddy Guerero

Luger attacks Sting!

Sting is in the back warming up for his match when out of nowhere comes Lex Luger with a steel pipe. Luger nails Sting in the head and the Stinger goes down hard. Luger grabs the limp body of Sting and carries him to the backentrance and dumps him in a waiting car trunk. Luger then slams the trunk shut and the car speeds off with Sting. The announcers are livid and wonder what it means for the main event. Before the cameras fade to black we can see and hear Luger talking to someone on his cell phone, saying “Yea, it's done.”

Randy Savage Vs Sting

When the match started Savage was in the ring but Sting was nowhere to be found. Sting's music was played twice and he still didn't come out which prompted the referee to grab a microphone and declare that Savage would be the victor if Sting failed to show up by a count of ten. The referee manage to get to nine before Sting came hobbling out of the back. Sting made his way to the ring and the match started. In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Randy Savage defeated Sting in 12:45 when Sting intentionally got disqualified by hitting Savage with a chair in plain site of the referee.

Winner: Randy Savage

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>WCW Saturday Night!</p><p> January 1996 Week 2</p><p> Live from: The Township Auditorium </p><p> Attendance: 3,500 (SOLD OUT)</p><p> Announcers:</p><p> Tony Schiavone and Steve McMichael</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> ::: Pre-Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>”Black Adonis” Defeated Hugh Morrus<p> “The Dark Ones” Defeated The Barrio Brothers</p><p> Earl Robert Eaton Defeated Ultimo Dragon</p><p> Kimberly tossed shirts to the crowd</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ::: Main Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mr. J.L. Vs Brian Pillman</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Brian Pillman defeated Mr. J.L. in 7:37 by pinfall after using a foreign object.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Brian Pillman</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Edy Guerrero Vs Squire David Taylor</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> In a decent match, Eddy Guerrero defeated Squire David Taylor in 8:22 by pinfall with a Frog Splash.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Eddy Guerrero</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Gene Okerlund Interviews Brad Armstronr</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>Gene Okerlund is in the back with Brad Armstrong. Brad is smiling ear to ear as Gene starts to talk.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Gene Okerlund</strong>: Brad, first off let me say congratulations on that huge win over Brian Pillman on Monday Nitro.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Brad Armstrong</strong>: Thanks Gene, I really appreciate that.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Gene Okerlund</strong>: You're very welcome Brad. Now, the fans have been dieing to know where you've been since the last time you were in WCW and how you plan on making this stop in WCW more successful than your last one?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Brad Armstrong</strong>: After I was released by WCW I wandered the globe trying to learn every style of wrestling known to man. I trained in temples in Tibet and inside rusty underground cages in Japan. I've fought and defeated Turkish oil wrestlers and Samoan wild men. Brian Pillman was the first victim of a new and improved Brad Armstrong. A Brad Armstrong that is no longer going to be a easy mark on people's win records. Brad Armstrong is back in WCW and there isn't a single wrestler safe!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Renegade Vs Mr. Wrestling III</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> In a poor match, Mr. Wrestling III defeated The Renegade in 7:59 by submission.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Mr. Wrestling III</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Jimmy Hart hypes the Super Assassins</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>Jimmy Hart is standing in the back, flanked by the Super Assassins. Jimmy looks pleased with himself as he begins to talk.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Jimmy Hart</strong>: Two weeks ago on Monday Nitro the Super Assassins took The Road Warriors to the limit baby and this coming Monday they are going to take them out once and for all. These men are the baddest duo in the world of wrestling and no amount of lucky breaks is going to keep them from dominating the tag team division. Hawk. Animal. You're days are numbered baby because we are coming for you and we won't stop until you two are lying flat on your backs looking up at the Super Assassins.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fire and Ice w/Teddy Long Vs State Patrol</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> In a terrible match, Fire and Ice defeated State Patrol in 8:29 when Ice Train defeated Lt. James Earl by pinfall with a Train Wreck.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winners: Fire and Ice</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Alex Wright Vs Diamond Dallas Page w/Maxx Muscle</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> WCW Television Championship Match</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Diamond Dallas Page defeated Alex Wright in 7:38 by pinfall. Diamond Dallas Page makes defence number 3 of his WCW World Television title. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Diamond Dallas Page</strong></p></div></blockquote>

January 1996 Week 3

Live from: The Orlando Arena

Attendance: 17,000 (SOLD OUT)

Announcers:

Fire and Ice Defeated Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater

Koko B. Ware Defeated The Zodiac

Kevin Sullivan and The Giant Defeated The Ultimo Dragon and Joey Maggs

Ric Flair Defeated Terry Taylor

Rick Martel Vs Squire David Taylor

In a decent match, Rick Martel defeated Squire David Taylor in 7:54 by submission with a Boston Crab.

Winner: Rick Martel

Sting arrives...

The cameras go to the back and they catch Sting limping into the arena. Sting's makeup is smeared and he looks like he's half dead. Before the show goes to commercial the cameras catch Sting stumble into the locker room area.

The Road Warriors Vs The Super Assassins w/Jimmy Hart

In a decent match, Road Warriors defeated The Super Assassins in a 2 vs 2 Street Fight match in 8:13 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Super Assassin #2 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. During the match Jimmy Hart was knocked off the ring apron by Hawk and EMTs rushed him to the back.

Lex is caught on the phone...

The cameras catch Lex Luger in the parking area on the phone. Lex is upset and we can hear him yelling on the phone.

Lex Luger: What do you mean he escaped, you told me Sting was done! Listen up buddy, if you think I'm going to let you screw me over then you don't know the Total Package. You better get down here and finish Sting off tonight our I'm going to let everyone know it was you that attacked Savage!

Lex threw his phone against the concrete wall and it shattered into a million pieces. Lex then hopped into his car and drove off.

”Black Adonis” Ron Simmons Vs Diamond Dallas Page w/Maxx Muscle

WCW Television Title Match

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ron Simmons defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 7:31 by pinfall with a Dominator. Ron Simmons wins the WCW World Television title.

Winner and new TV Champion: Ron Simmons

Ron Simmons celebrates his title victory!

After the match Ron Simmons holds the title up in the air as the fans cheer him on. Ron eventually rolls out of the ring and high fives everyone at ringside before heading to the back.

In a decent match, Brad Armstrong defeated Brian Pillman in 12:46 by submission with a Single Leg Boston Crab.

Ric Flair yells at Pillman

After commercial break we come back to see Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and Chris Benoit looking at a despondent Brian Pillman.

Ric Flair: Two weeks in a roll! You lost to Brad freaking Armstrong two weeks in a roll and you think you can still call yourself a Horseman? Don't bother answering. Next week you're going to face Brad Armstrong one more time and I don't want you to just beat him. I want you to cripple him. I want Brad Armstrong to serve as an example of what happens when you try to embarrass a Horseman.

The Rock N Roll Express Vs Harlem Heat

In a decent match, Harlem Heat defeated Rock 'n' Roll Express in 7:44 when Booker T defeated Ricky Morton by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Following the match Stevie Ray was seen holding his left arm in pain.

Winners: Harlem Heat

Hogan and Savage confront Sting

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage are walking around the back area, yelling that they want Sting. The duo splits up and we see Sting holding a steel chair come out of a utility closet and follow behind Hogan before the cameras go back to the ring.

Number 1 Contender to the US Title Match

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Eddy Guerrero defeated Dean Malenko in 12:48 by pinfall with a Frog Splash after springboarding off the ropes.

Hogan is laid out!

After the match the cameras go to the back to see Hulk Hogan laid out on the concrete floor. A pool of blood is seen around his head and a steel chair is laying next to his body. We briefly see Sting's boots walk by before the camera cuts out and WCW goes to commercial.

Sting Vs Arn Anderson

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Sting defeated Arn Anderson in 13:29 by DQ after Sting was attacked by “Dark” Sting. During the match we also saw “Dark” Sting distract Sting by showing up to ringside dressed in Sting's old Blade Runners outfit.

Savage saves Sting from Anderson and “Dark” Sting

As Arm Anderson and “Dark” Sting boot the boots to Sting, Randy Savage comes running down to the ring with a steel chair. Arn and “Dark” Sting bail out of the ring and head through the crowd as Savage slides into the ring. The big screen flashes “This is just the beginning!” as Savage cradles a bloody and battered Sting and WCW Nitro comes to an end.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>WCW Saturday Night!</p><p> January 1996 Week 3</p><p> Live from: Canton Memorial Civic Center </p><p> Attendance: 2,937 (SOLD OUT)</p><p> Announcers:</p><p> Tony Schiavone and Steve McMichael</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> ::: Pre-Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Giant Defeated Big Jack<p> The Rock N Roll Express Defeated Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck</p><p> Baby Bull Defeated Rick Martel</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ::: Main Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Hogan/Savage/Sting/Flair/Luger/Dark Sting Video</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>A video package highlighting the feuds between Hogan, Savage, Sting, Flair, Luger, and Dark Sting plays at the top of the show.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Animal Alliance Vs Terry Gordy and Mr. Wrestling III</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a decent match, Gordy and Wrestling III defeated The Animal Express in 9:54 when Gordy defeated Koko B. Ware by pinfall with a Lariat.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winners: Terry Gordy and Mr. Wrestling III</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Brad Armstrong Vs V. K. Wallstreet</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a decent match, Brad Armstrong defeated V. K. Wallstreet in 9:46 by submission with a Single Leg Boston Crab.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Brad Armstrong</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Sullivan hypes One Man Gang and The Giant</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>Kevin Sullivan is backstage with One Man Gang and The Giant flanking him.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Kevin Sullivan</strong>: Take a look at this two because they are the only two men I need at my side! Yes, I just said that because Hulk Hogan has been taken out and the Dungeon of Doom has fulfilled its purpose. From now on this is the 3 Faces of Fear and we are taking WCW over one championship at a time. One Man Gang already has the US championship but soon we will capture World and Tag Team gold. Ha ha ha ha!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Ultimo Dragon Vs Dave Finlay</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a good match with no heat Dave Finlay defeated Ultimo Dragon in 9:40 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Slam.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Dave Finlay</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fire and Ice Vs The Blue Bloods</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a decent match, Fire and Ice defeated The Blue Bloods in 9:44 when Norton defeated David Taylor by pinfall with a Power Bomb.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winners: Fire and Ice</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Ron Simmons cuts a promo on Diamond Dallas Page</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>Ron Simmons is backstage with the WCW TV Title slung across his shoulder.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Ron Simmons</strong>: Page, you fought a great match last week but you were no match for The Black Adonis. Now, I hear you invoked your rematch clause to get a shot at me tonight but I promise you that the results will be the same as the last time we were in the ring together.</p></div></blockquote> <p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">”Black Adonis” Ron Simmons{c} Vs Diamond Dallas Page w/Maxx Muscle</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> WCW Television Title Match</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ron Simmons defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 7:31 by pinfall with a Dominator. Ron Simmons retains the WCW World Television title in his first title defense. </em></p><p> <strong>Winner and still WCW TV champion: Ron Simmons</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ***********</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Hulk Hogan causing problems backstage</span></strong><p> According to insiders close to WCW management Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Hart, and The Zodiac have been suspended from WCW for 1 month following a backstage altercation with Randy Savage. Additionally, Hogan's WCW clique are looking to get revenge on Savage for Hogan's suspension.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Dallas Page being punished</span></strong><p> In other rumors, it is being reported that Ron Simmons was brought in to put Dallas Page in his place after a botch by Page caused Alex Wright to be injured. Page, not one to take things lying down, missed a scheduled booking meeting and he was suspended for 28 days.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Rocco Rock injured</span></strong><p> Rocco Rock suffered a calf strain and will be out for 8 days as he recovers.</p></div></blockquote>

• 2 weeks later...

January 1996 Week 4

Live from: The Breslin Center

Attendance: 14,318

Announcers:

”Baby Bull” and Terry Gordy Defeated The Barrio Boys

Meng Defeated Jim Duggan

The Giant Defeated Evad Sullivan

The Rock 'N' Roll Express Vs The Blue Bloods

In a decent match, Rock 'n' Roll Express defeated The Blue Bloods in 7:32 when Ricky Morton defeated Lord Steven Regal by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick.

Winners: The Rock 'N' Roll Express

Randy Savage has had enough!

Randy Savage comes down to the ring looking very intense. He walks down the ring ramp without playing up to the crowd and gets into the ring and goes straight to talking.

Randy Savage: Dark Sting, I don't know who you are under that face paint but frankly I don't care as because we both know you're nothing but a pawn of someone else. Almost three weeks ago you tried to take me out and create a wedge between Sting, Hulk Hogan, and myself but you only made us all closer. In fact, both Hogan and Sting are back home training together and getting Sting all ready to take on Lex Luger. Hulkster, he would love to be cleared to face Ric Flair but since he's not I guess I got to step up to the plate and kick Flair's butt myself!

That's right folks. I cleared it with WCW President Bill Watts, so it's totally legit. Macho Man Randy Savage versus Ric Flair for the WCW World Championship at Sunday's PPV! Flair, I hope you aren't the man behind Dark Sting because if you are, I won't just take your title...I'll take your career too!

In a decent match, Brad Armstrong defeated Brian Pillman in 8:10 by submission with a Single Leg Boston Crab. During the match Arn Anderson distracted Pillman and the referee and Chris Benoit jumped in the ring and attacked Pillman allowing Armstrong to hook the submission in.

Three Horseman now?

After the Armstrong/Pillman match Arn and Benoit got into the ring and put the boots to Pillman. Armstrong started to walk to the back before deciding to run in with a chair and make the save for Pillman. Armstrong was able to drive Arn and Benoit out of the ring and he helped Pillman to his feet. As Arn and Benoit got to the top of the ramp he grabbed a mic and started talking.

Arn Anderson: Pillman, if it wasn't clear by the butt whooping we gave you then allow me to make it official. You are out of the Four Horsemen![/b]

Pillman rolls out of the ring and grabs a mic.

Brian Pillman: I'm out? I'm OUT? Screw you Arn! Everyone in this arena knows I'm too damn good for you nobodies anyway. You think losing to Brad Armstrong is shameful but he's a better damn worker than either of you two. In fact, I bet me and Brad can take you and Chris in a tag match this Sunday.

Arn Anderson: You and Brad can take us. You sure about that buddy? I'll tell you what, put your WCW career on the line and you got the match.

Brian Pillman: You're on! If we can't beat you two jokers in a match then you won't see Brian Pillman in a WCW ring again. However, when we kick your butts then everyone will know that the Four Horsemen are yesterday's news.

The Road Warriors Vs Harlem Heat w/Sister Sherri

In a decent match, Road Warriors defeated Harlem Heat in 8:15 when Booker T was counted out while fighting Road Warrior Animal.

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Eddy Guerrero defeated Dean Malenko in 8:22 by pinfall with a Frog Splash after springboarding off the top rope.

Congratulations Eddy

After the match is over Eddy Guerrero started celebrating whenDean Malenko walked over and offered his hand as a sign of respect. Eddy accepted Dean's hand and the two shook hands as the crowd cheered on the two competitors. The announcers noted that Eddy and Dean put on a great match and this show of respect is what wrestling is suppose to be all about.

Fire and Ice Vs Disco Inferno and Dave Finlay

In a poor match, Fire and Ice defeated Disco Inferno and Dave Finlay in 7:37 when Ice Train defeated Disco Inferno by pinfall with a Train Wreck.

Cactus Jack Vs V. K. Wallstreet

In a decent match, Cactus Jack defeated V.K. Wallstreet in 7:48 by pinfall with a Double Arm DDT.

Winner: Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack is back, Bang Bang!

After the match Cactus Jack grabs a microphone and starts to talk.

Cactus Jack: I bet you weren't expecting to see me back in WCW but here I am kicking butts and taking names. Now, in my short tie away from WCW I have waged bloody battles with some of the most dangerous and psychotic people in the wrestling business. I have been bloodied and battered on six out of the seven continents on this planet but I never regretted it for a single moment because I knew it was merely a series of bumps in the road back here. NOW THAT I'M BACK, I will use everything I've learned to climb to the top of the WCW mountain and finally get that gold belt around my waist. Bang, bang![/b]

Ron Simmons{c} Vs Big Bubba

WCW Television Title Match

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ron Simmons defeated Big Bubba in 8:16 by pinfall with a Dominator. Ron Simmons makes defense number 2 of his WCW World Television title.

Winner and still WCW TV champion: Ron Simmons

Luger brings out his partner, Sting!

Lex Luger and what appears to be Sting walk down to the ring. Luger grabs a microphone before the duo gets in the ring.

Lex Luger: As you can see, Lex and Sting are back together again! We may have had our differences but Sting has seen the light and our match for this Sunday is canceled. I know you fans are disappointed but our friendship is bigger than your entertainment.

Lex hands the microphone over to Sting

Sting: I've been having quite the external struggle lately but the one man who has stood by my side is this man right here, Lex Luger. Now, the Crockett Cup is coming back and I think me and Lex should be the ones to take home the Cup.

Sting hands back the mic to Lex as the announcers argue if this is in fact the real Sting or the mysterious Dark Sting.

Lex Luger: I completely agree Sting and tonight we are going to show everyone why this is the most dominant team in WCW.

Lex Luger and Sting Vs The Nasty Boys

In a decent match, Lex Luger and Sting defeated the Nasty Boys in 7:36 when Sting defeated Jerry Sags by pinfall with a Sunset Flip.

Winners: Lex Luger and Sting

It is Sting!

After the match is over Lex and Sting are in the ring celebrating when suddenly Sting nails Lex with a DDT. Sting rolls out of the ring and grabs a chair and slides back in the ring. Sting then nails a prone Lex Luger in the head with the chair. The announcers are completely confused, not knowing if this is Sting or Dark Sting. Sting then grabs a mic.

Sting: You thought you could hire a guy to pretend to be me Lex? You thought your “Dark Sting” would take me out and the two of you would ruin my legacy but the Singer is one step ahead of you! And it goes without saying Lex, but our match is back on for Sunday!

Randy Savage Vs Chris Benoit

In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, Randy Savage defeated Chris Benoit in 8:03 by pinfall.

Winner: Randy Savage

Savage celebrates

After the match Randy Savage celebrated in the ring and motioned that he would capture the WCW championship as the show came to an end.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>WCW Saturday Night!</p><p> January 1996 Week 4</p><p> Live from: The Knott Arena </p><p> Attendance: 3,100 (SOLD OUT)</p><p> Announcers:</p><p> Tony Schiavone and Steve McMichael</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> ::: Pre-Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cactus Jack Defeated Matt Borne<p> Rock N Roll Express Defeated Men at Work</p><p> Terry Gordy Defeated Jim Duggan</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ::: Main Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fire and Ice w/Teddy Long Vs Bunkouse Buck and Dick Slater w.Col. Robert Parker</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a poor match, Fire and Ice defeated Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick in 7:59 when Ice Train defeated Dick Slater by pinfall with a Train Wreck.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winners: Fire and Ice</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Eddy is ready</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>Eddy Guerrero is backstage with a microphone.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Eddy Guerrero</strong>: One Man Gang, you may be a big bruiser but you don't have the speed or skill I possess and after Sunday night it will be the reasons you no longer hold the WCW US Championship! Now, we haven't seen you in the ring for quite some time but I've been out there wrestling night after night honing my craft and I am one hundred percent prepared to beat you and become the champ!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Eddy Guerrero Vs V. K. Wallstreet</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a decent match, Eddy Guerrero defeated V.K. Wallstreet in 8:20 by pinfall with a Guerrero Buster[face buster].</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner: Eddy Guerrero</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Brian and Brad are ready!</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>Backstage Brian Pillman and Brad Armstrong are looking happy as Brian talks.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Brian Pillman</strong>: Arn, you and Benoit made a huge mistake by kicking me out of the Four Horsemen. You see, there is no shame in losing a competitive match against a man who is as skilled as Brad Armstrong. This Sunday after we beat you two in the ring the Four Horsemen will be no more and the era of the Wild Horses, Brian Pillman and Brad Armstrong will begin!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Wild Horses Vs The Blue Bloods</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a decent match, Brad Armstrong and Brian Pillman defeated The Blue Bloods III in 7:53 when Brad Armstrong defeated Earl Robert Eaton by pinfall with a Russian Leg Sweep.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winners: The Wild Horses</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Road Warriors want Harlem Heat</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>Backstage Hawk and Animal are looking intense.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Hawk</strong>: Harlem Heat, you guys may be the WCW Tag Team champions but you don't have half the power of The Road Warriors! </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Animal</strong>: This Sunday we will not only beat you in the ring but we will take those tag belts and add them to our collection.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Ron Simmons{c} Vs Mr. Wrestling III</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> WCW TV Title Match</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a decent match, Ron Simmons defeated Mr. Wrestling III in 8:21 by pinfall with a Dominator. Ron Simmons makes defence number 3 of his WCW World Television title. </em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Winner and still champion: Ron Simmons</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Maxx Muscle attacks</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>After the match Diamond Dallas Page's bodyguard ran out of the crowd and attacked Ron Simmons. Maxx left Ron laid out in the ring after hitting him in the head with the WCW TV title as the show went off the air.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ***</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Renegade fired, sues WCW!</span></strong> <p> Renegade has been off WCW TV for a few weeks and fans wondered where he has been. According to some reports, he was fired for no showing an appearance on TV. Bill Watts fired Renegade, real name Rick Williams, but the former WCW star is not taking it on his back looking up at the lights. No, Rick Williams has sued WCW for wrongful termination. We will keep you updated as the story develops.</p></div></blockquote>

WCW Clash of the Champions Preview

Cactus Jack Vs Earl Robert Eaton

10 Man $25,000 Battle Royal

{Black Bart, Dave Finlay, Disco Inferno, Evad Sullivan, Hugh Morrus, Kurasawa, Mr. J. L., Rick Martel, Ultimo Dragon, and V. K. Wallstreet}

Rock N Roll Express Vs Fire and Ice Vs Blue Bloods Vs Buck and Slater

Ron Simmons Vs Maxx Muscle

The Animal Alliance Vs The 3 Faces of Fear

Brian Pillman and Brad Armstrong Vs Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit

{If Brian's team loses he has to quit WCW, if Arn's team loses the 4 Horsmen are disbanded}

Jim Duggan Vs Big Bubba

Eddy Guerrero Vs One Man Gang{c} w/Kevin Sullivan

{WCW US Championship match}

Road Warrios Vs Harlem Heat{c} w/Sister Sherri

{WCW Tag Team Championship match}

Sting Vs Lex Luger

Randy Savage Vs Ric Flair{c}

{WCW World Championship Match}

Really enjoying this take on WCW. I disagree with some of Watts's philosophies on wrestling, but he was insanely head of his time when he was running UWF/Mid-South.

Cactus Jack Vs Earl Robert Eaton

I love Eaton and the Blue Bloods, but Cactus just returned and is the right type of guy to push.

10 Man $25,000 Battle Royal

{Black Bart, Dave Finlay, Disco Inferno, Evad Sullivan, Hugh Morrus, Kurasawa, Mr. J. L., Rick Martel, Ultimo Dragon, and V. K. Wallstreet}

I had a tough time picking between Kurasawa, Ultimo, and Rick Martel, but went with the guy Watts would probably push

Rock N Roll Express Vs Fire and Ice Vs Blue Bloods Vs Buck and Slater

I just want to see Fire & Ice, Norton in particular, pushed like crazy

Ron Simmons Vs Maxx Muscle

LOL

The Animal Alliance Vs The 3 Faces of Fear

Brian Pillman and Brad Armstrong Vs Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit

{If Brian's team loses he has to quit WCW, if Arn's team loses the 4 Horsmen are disbanded}

It's hard picking against the Horsemen

Jim Duggan Vs Big Bubba

Bubba has more left in the tank in 1996 than Duggan ever had...

Eddy Guerrero Vs One Man Gang{c} w/Kevin Sullivan

{WCW US Championship match}

Eddy needs a god push.

Road Warriors Vs Harlem Heat{c} w/Sister Sherri

{WCW Tag Team Championship match}

Harlem Heat is second all time favorite tag team behind the Steiners, but Road Warriors are bigger names sadly.

Sting Vs Lex Luger

I'm guessing some kind of trickery is involved, but seems too soon for Sting to get revenge.

Randy Savage Vs Ric Flair{c}

{WCW World Championship Match}

I just like Savage more.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really enjoying this take on WCW. I disagree with some of Watts's philosophies on wrestling, but he was insanely head of his time when he was running UWF/Mid-South.<p> </p><p> <strong>Cactus Jack</strong> Vs Earl Robert Eaton</p><p> <em>I love Eaton and the Blue Bloods, but Cactus just returned and is the right type of guy to push.</em></p><p> </p><p> 10 Man $25,000 Battle Royal</p><p> {Black Bart, Dave Finlay, Disco Inferno, Evad Sullivan, Hugh Morrus, <strong>Kurasawa</strong>, Mr. J. L., Rick Martel, Ultimo Dragon, and V. K. Wallstreet}</p><p> <em>I had a tough time picking between Kurasawa, Ultimo, and Rick Martel, but went with the guy Watts would probably push</em></p><p> </p><p> Rock N Roll Express Vs <strong>Fire and Ice</strong> Vs Blue Bloods Vs Buck and Slater</p><p> <em>I just want to see Fire & Ice, Norton in particular, pushed like crazy</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Ron Simmons</strong> Vs Maxx Muscle</p><p> <em>LOL</em> </p><p> </p><p> The Animal Alliance Vs <strong>The 3 Faces of Fear</strong></p><p> </p><p> Brian Pillman and Brad Armstrong Vs <strong>Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit</strong></p><p> {If Brian's team loses he has to quit WCW, if Arn's team loses the 4 Horsmen are disbanded}</p><p> <em>It's hard picking against the Horsemen</em></p><p> </p><p> Jim Duggan Vs <strong>Big Bubba</strong></p><p> <em>Bubba has more left in the tank in 1996 than Duggan ever had...</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Eddy Guerrero</strong> Vs One Man Gang{c} w/Kevin Sullivan</p><p> {WCW US Championship match}</p><p> <em>Eddy needs a god push.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Road Warriors </strong>Vs Harlem Heat{c} w/Sister Sherri</p><p> {WCW Tag Team Championship match}</p><p> <em>Harlem Heat is second all time favorite tag team behind the Steiners, but Road Warriors are bigger names sadly.</em></p><p> </p><p> Sting Vs <strong>Lex Luger</strong></p><p> <em>I'm guessing some kind of trickery is involved, but seems too soon for Sting to get revenge.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Randy Savage</strong> Vs Ric Flair{c}</p><p> {WCW World Championship Match}</p><p> <em>I just like Savage more.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interesting picks! Thanks for the comment, show will be up in a few hours.</p><p> </p><p> Edit: PPV delayed a day as Imgur is not working for me, sorry.</p>

wcw_clash_of_the_champions.jpg

WCW Clash of the Champions XXXII!

January 1996 Week 4

Live from: The Greensboro Coliseum

Attendance: 30,000 (SOLD OUT)

Announcers:

XFe0Mq4.jpgOUV4zH3.jpgHknUGrL.jpg

The Super Assassins Defeated The Nasty Boys

Baby Bull Defeated Joey Maggs

XFe0Mq4.jpgOUV4zH3.jpgHknUGrL.jpg

Welcome to the Clash!

The Clash of the Champions opens with the announcers running down the tonight's card and going over the events that led us here.

Bm1rcGp.png

In a decent match, Cactus Jack defeated Earl Robert Eaton in 7:42 by pinfall with a Double Arm DDT. This was a standard match with the crowd clearly behind Jack the whole time. The highlight of the match was Cactus Jack diving off the ring apron and landing a huge elbow on a prone Robert Eaton.

Winner: Cactus Jack

f0OeCnk.png

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Rick Martel won a Battle Royal in 14:56. The other members of the 'final four' were V.K. Wallstreet, Disco Inferno and Ultimo Dragon, with V.K. Wallstreet being the final elimination. Dave Finlay got the most eliminations over the course of the match.

Winner: Rick Martel

JWcjhZS.png

In a decent match, Fire and Ice defeated Rock 'n' Roll Express, The Blue Bloods and Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick in 9:31 when Scott Norton defeated Squire David Taylor by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker.

JezrsAh.jpgX7K14MB.jpg

The Black Scorpion appears!

The show's video feed starts to get all fuzzy and the announcers apologize for the inconveniance. As the static gets worse the announcers promise the show will not go one until the issue is fixed. Suddenly the screen clears up and we see Dark Sting and the Black Scorpion on the screen. The Black Scorpion begins to speak but it is clear his voice is being distorted.

The Black Scorpion: Sting, I know you always watch the wrestling shows you are on so I am sure you will see this. You can keep running from your past but you can't hide from it or from me. You abandoned me Sting and I will have my revenge!

The screen gets all fuzzy once again and we can hear the announcers sounding confused. After a few seconds the WCW announcers are seen on screen and they announce the static problem has been fixed so the show can go on.

6D9IqAj.png

In a decent match, Ron Simmons defeated Maxx Muscle in 7:44 by pinfall with a Dominator.

Winner: Ron Simmons

bELW9sC.png

In a decent match, The Giant and Kevin Sullivan defeated The Animal Alliance in 7:38 when The Giant defeated Junkyard Dog by pinfall with a Choke Slam.

Winners: The 3 Faces of Fear

yBzVKKz.png

In a decent match, Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit defeated Brian Pillman and Brad Armstrong in 7:47 when Arn Anderson defeated Brian Pillman by pinfall. After the 3 count the fans started to sing “Hey, hey goodbye!”

Winners: The 4 Horsemen

E6oUw8P.png

In a decent match, Jim Duggan defeated Big Bubba in 7:34 by pinfall with a Running Clotheline Tackle. During the match a man, who the announcers identified as Matt Borne, ran in and tripped Bubba leading to the finish of the match.

1jyAXp6.jpgPHnH8Aq.jpgf9JX9SA.jpg

Matt Borne attacks Bubba

After the match Matt Borne grabbed Duggan's 2X4 and got into the ring and attacked Big Bubba. Duggan confronted Matt and it looked like Borne was going to hit Duggan with the 2X4 but instead he handed it to Duggan and walked out of the ring.

wMRcvH0.png

In a decent match, Eddy Guerrero defeated One Man Gang in 12:50 when One Man Gang was disqualified due to Kevin Sullivan running in and attacking Eddy with the WCW US title.

r2Q6WgI.jpgschSd6t.jpgxg6Lup3.jpg

Paul Ellering is at ringside!

As the Road Warriors come down to the ring they notice their former manager Paul Ellering at ringside and they go over to say hello. The announcers play up the role Ellering had in making the Road Warriors into the team they are today.

dL4lsiL.png

In a decent match, Road Warriors defeated Harlem Heat in 13:02 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Booker T by pinfall. Road Warriors win the WCW World Tag Team titles.

Winners and new WCW Tag Team Champions: The Road Warriors

r2Q6WgI.jpgschSd6t.jpgxg6Lup3.jpgvtJ8ju3.jpg8jJzZXF.jpg

Meet my new team!

After the match Paul Ellering hops the guard rail and gets into the ring and congratulates Hawk and Animal. Ellering holds their hands up as the crowd cheers but suddenly two large men in face paint run down to the ring and attack. Hawk and Animal put up a good fight but Ellering nails them both in the back of the head with a tag title belt and the Road Warriors go down. The two men continue to put the boots to the Road Warriors as the crowd boos. Ellering hands these two men the tag titles and all three walk out as EMTs check on Hawk and Animal.

F1qtmoN.png

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Sting defeated Lex Luger in 13:29 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. During the match we also had Dark Sting appear on the Turner Tron and distract Luger.

bUy8XqF.jpgQBoVRLJ.jpg

Sting hugs Lex

After the match Sting extends his hand to Lex Luger but Lex doesn't take it. Sting extends his hand again and the crowd starts chanting “shake it” but Lex is still reluctant. Sting offers his hand a third time and Lex looks around, as if he is asking the crowd for approval. After few seconds Lex shakes Stings hand and the crowd pops. Sting pulls Lex in and embraces him as the crowd cheers their approval.

zlK2lY9.png

In an exceptional match, Ric Flair defeated Randy Savage in 17:41 by submission with a Figure-Four Leg Lock. The match also had a lot of interference: Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit distracted Savage and the referee, allowing Terry Gordy to attack Savage with the WCW World title. As the bell rang, Terry Gordy held up the Horsemen sign to Ric and Ric flashed it back at Gordy. Ric Flair makes defense number 1 of his WCW World Heavyweight title.

Winner and still WCW Champion: Ric Flair