WCW '96: Cowboys Never Die(take 2)

WCW Saturday Night!

March 1996 Week 1

Live from: The Anderson Civic Center

Attendance: 5,100(SOLD OUT)

Combined TV Ratings: 1.34 (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Steve McMichael, and Larry Zbyszko

::: Pre-Show :::

Maxx Muscle Defeated Joey Maggs

The American Males Defeated State Patrol

Ultimo Dragon Defeated The Gambler

The Powers of Pain Defeated The Canadian Thrillseekers

::: Main Show :::

Brad and Brian Armstrong Vs Mark Starr and Kurasawa with Sonny Onoo

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, The Armstrong Boys defeated Mark Starr and Kurasawa in 7:50 when Brian Armstrong defeated Mark Starr by pinfall with a Pumphandle Slam.

Mean Gene talks to the Armstrong Boys

After the match Mean Gene Okerlund stops Brad and Brian and does an impromtu interview.

Gene Okerlund: Brad, if you would allow me I would like to have a moment of your and your brothers time.

Brad Armstrong: Mean Gene, I always got time to talk to you and so does my baby bro Brian.

Brian Armstrong: Indeed I do because it is an honor to talk to a legend like Mean Gene Okerlund!

Gene Okerlund: Ha ha, thank you gentlemen. The fans and myself would love an update on your tag partner Rick Martel and your quest for the WCW Tag Team Titles.

Brad Armstrong: Gene, Rick is at home taking care of himself and counting down the day until he and I can have our rematch with those snakes calling themselves the Midnight Express. In the meantime I thought I would give my baby brother Brian the opportunity to tag with me and see what it's like to compete with the big boys of WCW.

Brian Armstrong: Mean Gene, I'm not here to take Rick's spot I'm only keeping it warm until he can come back and light the world on fire with big bro Brad. Although, I sure as heck wouldn't turn down the chance to go after those tag titles if it presented itself.

Gene Okerlund: Thank you for you time gentlemen and good luck on your future matches.

Jerry Lynn Vs Black Blood II with Jimmy Hart

In a terrible match, Black Blood II defeated Jerry Lynn in 8:09 by submission with a STF.

Mystery men at ringside!

After the match the camera pans over to 3 mystery men at ringside. The announcers mention them being from some small company in Philly. The men, all dressed in similar grunge outfits, look disinterested in the show as the camera eventually pans away.

Tracy Smothers Vs Bunkhouse Buck with Col. Rob Parker Vs Diamond Dallas Page Vs Dave Finlay

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Diamond Dallas Page defeated Dave Finlay, Tracy Smothers and Bunkhouse Buck in a Fatal Four Way match in 5:39 when Diamond Dallas Page defeated Bunkhouse Buck by pinfall.

Mean Gene talks to DDP

After the match Gene Okerlund is back on the entrance ramp and he stops Diamond Dallas Page to ask him a few questions.

Gene Okerlund: Diamond Dallas Page, congrats on the win.

Diamond Dallas Page: Thank you Gene.

Gene Okerlund: The fans want to know, what happened to your bodyguard Maxx Muscle. He just walked out on you in your match on Nitro and he isn't here with you tonight.

Diamond Dallas Page: Listen up monkey boy, you don't ask DDP questions like that okay? Maxx Muscle was hired for a particular length of time and unfortunately for me that time period ended during my match at Nitro. The reason he isn't here tonight is because I chose not to rehire him, simple as that.

Gene Okerlund: So there is no truth to the rumors that you are going broke?

DDP: Those are damn lies Gene and its a shame that you had to stoop so low as to even ask me about that. I thought you were a better man than that Gene. I bet that rat Kimberly put you up to this...

DDP walks off in a huff as a confused Gene Okerlund sends it back to the announcers.

Matt has the glove!

A video segment plays that shows Matt Borne sneaking into Jim Duggan' locker room during Duggan's match on Nitro and taking back the infamous black glove. The announcers comment how Duggan may regret not destroying that damn thing.

Brian Lawler Vs Lord Steven Regal{c}

WCW TV Title Match

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Lord Steven Regal defeated Brian "The Prince" Lawler in 7:48 by submission with a Regal Stretch. Lord Steven Regal makes defense number 4 of his WCW World Television title.

::: News :::

Another wrongful termination lawsuit!

Dick Slater filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against WCW this past Tuesday and rumors are flying that Bill Watts was chewed out for over an hour by Turner execs over this. Many are saying that any judgment from the lawsuit, should WCW lose, would be take straight from Watts' salary.

Knobbs is injured!

After his match with the Powers of Pain, Brian Knobbs reported to WCW doctors that he was experiencing pain in his left quad. After some testing it was determined that Knobbs had strained his muscle. Knobbs was cleared to wrestle but it is being said he would not be at 100% for at least 8 days.

Road Warrior Hawk is back...was back!

Road Warrior Hawk finished up his month long suspension and was backstage at WCW Saturday Night. However, Hawk was only there an hour before he threw a punch at newcomer Tracy Smothers. Not wanting to look like a punk, Smothers retaliated and Hawk was severely beaten. To add insult to injury, Bill Watts gave Hawk another 1 month suspension for starting the fight.

WCW Monday Night Nitro Preview

Fire and Ice Vs Powers of Pain

Brian Lawler Vs One Man Gang

Disco Inferno Vs Lord Steven Regal – WCW TV Title Match

The Rock 'n' Roll Express Vs The Midnight Express

Lex Luger Vs Meng

Sting Vs Kevin Sullivan

Randy Savage Vs Chris Benoit

Jim Duggan Vs Ric Flair

PLUS

Ron Simmons speaks out!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WCW: Monday Nitro!

March1996 Week 2

Live from: The Greensboro Coliseum

Attendance: 30,000 (SOLD OUT)

Combined TV Ratings: (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)

Announcers: Mike Tenay, Bobby Heenan, and Dusty Rhodes

The Philly Trio Defeated JYD and The Canadian Thrillseekers

The Armstrongs Defeated State Patrol

Big Bubba Defeated Ultimo Dragon

Harlem Heat Defeated Public Enemy

Arn Anderson Defeated Tracy Smothers

ifyehTF.jpgckCbl4Z.jpgoW9FELr.pngvtJ8ju3.jpg8jJzZXF.jpg

Fire and Ice with Teddy Long Vs The Powers of Pain with Paul Ellering

In a poor match, Fire and Ice drew with The Powers of Pain in 7:33 following a double count out when all four men were brawling outside the ring. During the match Road Warrior Animal made an appearance at the entrance ramp but he didn't get involved and neither team seemed to notice him.

JezrsAh.jpg

Black Scorpion speaks!

After the opening match the feed is interrupted and the Black Scorpion appears onscreen. He begins to speak in his typical slow style with altered sound.

Black Scorpion: Sting, every week you get closer to the truth that you can't run from your past. Years ago you stood side by side with me and we dominated the tag team scene but now I have a new partner, Dark Sting. At WCW Uncensored Dark Sting will end your career but tonight, we will take something far more valuable away...your friend Missy Hyatt!

After the feed returned the announcers discuss what it is Black Scorpion meant by taking Missy Hyatt away.

OowzvT9.jpgoW9FELr.pngt3Np6cp.jpg

Brian Lawler Vs One Man Gang with Kevin Sullivan

In a terrible match, One Man Gang defeated Brian "The Prince" Lawler in 4:53 by pinfall with a 747 Splash.

uRWbmi8.jpgWOyOjFh.jpg

Disco Inferno finds his Disco Mama!

Disco Inferno is backstage walking towards the ring for his match with Lord Steven Regal when he sees a distraught Kimberly.

Disco Inferno: Hey mama, what's got you all upset?

Kimberly: Hey Disco. You know I was dragged into this business by my ex boyfriend Diamond Dallas Page and after he started to treat me wrong Johnny B. Badd helped free me from his service. Now, with Johnny gone I got no reason to be here but a contract that says I have to be at every show.

Disco Inferno: Well that certainly isn't very groovy but I will tell you this, I could use a dance partner if you're up for it?

Kimberly: That sounds fun, I'll do it!

Disco puts his arm elbow out and Kimberly hooks her arm around his and the duo head down to the ring.

uRWbmi8.jpgoW9FELr.pngIjshni2.jpg

Disco Inferno with Kimberly Vs Lord Steven Regal

WCW TV Title Match

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Lord Steven Regal defeated Disco Inferno in 8:13 by submission with a Regal Stretch. Lord Steven Regal makes defense number 5 of his WCW World Television title.

AV3kyNn.jpgNfLKp7T.jpg

Gene Okerlund interviews DDP!

After the match the cameras go backstage to Gene Okerlund and DDP standing by.

Gene Okerlund: DDP, thank you for joining me once again. Last week you dispelled the rumors that you were going broke so I was hoping if you would tell us what you think about Kimberly and Disco Inferno getting so close.

DDP: You want to know what I think about my ex and that wannabe Travolta getting along? What kind of stupid question is that Okerlund? Don't bother answering it because we all know you're just the tabloid journalist of wrestling. I kicked Kimberly out months ago Gene so she can date and hang out with whoever she wants. As long as she keeps sending me those royalty checks I don't care what she does. Now a better question to ask me is why I haven't been booked in a title match...

As DDP is talking two men in suits approach him and hand him an envelope. DDP takes it and opens it up only to rip it up and begin to shout at the men who have walked off.

DDP: This is ridiculous. Get back here you snakes! There's no way I'm paying this...

DDP walks off after the men as Gene Okerlund sends it back to the announcers.

B0C6eEP.jpgkVuIfc8.jpgoW9FELr.pngyyWvadB.jpg2Du078a.jpg

The Rock 'n' Roll Express Vs The Midnight Express

In a decent match, The Midnight Express defeated Rock 'n' Roll Express in 11:26 when Bobby Eaton defeated Ricky Morton by pinfall with an Alabama Jam.

bUy8XqF.jpgwC4jlcb.jpg

Sting and Missy backstage...

The camera go to the backstage area where Sting is talking to Missy Hyatt.

Sting: Listen Missy, I have a match tonight so there is no way for me to keep you safe. You need to stay back here with security.

Missy Hyatt: Sting there is no way I'm going to cower in fear over that masked freak. I can take care of myself okay?

Terry Taylor walks by and Sting grabs him by the arm.

Sting: Terry, you need to keep Missy safe for me. Lock her up in the office and put security guards outside the door if you have to.

Missy: Sting, you can do this...

Terry Taylor: Don't worry Sting, I'll make sure nothing happens to her. Come on Missy, we can catch up on old times while we wait for security to find Black Scorpion and Dark Sting and get them out of here.

Reluctantly Missy goes off with Terry Taylor as Sting heads back to the locker room area.

QBoVRLJ.jpgoW9FELr.pngTKXibab.jpg

Lex Luger Vs Meng

In a decent match, Lex Luger defeated Meng in 7:43 by submission with a Torture Rack.

d6jDLQa.jpg

Vader is here!

After the match Meng spewed a green mist in the eyes of Lex Luger as Vader ran down to the ring. As Luger stumbled around Meng nailed him with a Savage Kick that put Lex on his back. Vader climbed the to the top turnbuckle and came off with a big splash. Vader then gets up and lifts Luger to his feet only to grab Lex and lift him into the air for a Power Bomb! Vader and Meng then walk off as Lex lays on the mat motionless.

fLSRb8h.jpg

Ron Simmons speaks out!

Ron Simmons come down to the ring to a loud applause. In his hand is a manilla envelope and the announcers note how happy he seems despite being under suspension for failing a drug test. Simmons gets in the ring and grabs a microphone.

Ron Simmons: Almost two weeks ago I was suspended from WCW for failing a routine drug test. The technicians claimed they had found high levels of anabolic steroids in my sample. Now, anyone who knows me will tell you that this body is all natural baby. After hiring an investigator and several lawyers I am happy to announce that the lab where my results came from has been indicted for purposefully changing lab results and taking bribes. You see, someone who has yet to be identified paid off the lab to claim my results were dirty in order to have the WCW TV Title stripped from me. This envelope in my hand has all the details as well as a signed letter from two doctors and a judge clearing me to wrestle in WCW once more. Next week I return to action and my first opponent is that rat Hercules Hernandez. Once I take that trash out I am setting my sites on that WCW World Championship!

bUy8XqF.jpgoW9FELr.pngTOOIxdk.jpg

Sting Vs Kevin Sullivan

In a good match, Sting defeated Kevin Sullivan in 7:59 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. During the match Black Scorpion appeared on the Turner Tron to taunt Sting. The Giant and One Man Gang tried to interfere but Cactus Jack held them off with a steel chair.

bUy8XqF.jpgh6DNrp9.jpg

Missy is missing!

After the match Sting ran to the back and the cameras did its best to keep up. Sting makes it to WCW Vice President Terry Taylor's office to see the door busted open and security guards laying on the floor. Sting cautiously goes inside and we see Terry Taylor knocked out on the floor and busted wide open. Sting is upset and starts to scream as the announcers start to ask about Missy Hyatt. Eventually they all agree that Missy was taken by the Black Scorpion and that this feud just crossed the line.

4GGeu0a.jpgoW9FELr.pngjkqoDyP.jpg

Randy Savage Vs Chris Benoit

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Randy Savage defeated Chris Benoit in 7:49 by submission.

AV3kyNn.jpgS5E00Pi.jpgytvIzBa.jpgKuWgHkh.jpg

Gene Okerlund tries to get a word from the Philly Trio

Gene Okerlund tries to get a word from the three guys from Philly but they completely ignore him. After a few more attempts to get them to speak the bigger one grabs the mic from Gene and tosses it as the smaller one makes a shoo'ing moting.

1jyAXp6.jpgoW9FELr.pngoDuI39f.jpg

Jim Duggan with Madusa Vs Ric Flair

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Jim Duggan defeated Ric Flair in 7:52 by pinfall with a Running Clotheline Tackle after Matt Borne accidentally hit Flair with the loaded black glove. The crowd went wild as Duggan got his hand raised for the win and the announcers ended the show stunned at what they just saw.

Meng gets fined!

According to sources inside WCW, Meng was fined at the last Monday Nitro show for spreading rumors about Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker. Our sources say Bill Watts wanted to fire Meng but Turner executives that were at the show didn't allow him to do so.

Randy Savage causing a rift backstage

Our sources inside WCW have revealed that Randy Savage has turned many workers against Jimmy Hart because Jimmy Hart was one of the men who tried to turn the locker room against Savage.

WCW Saturday Night!

March 1996 Week 2

Live from: The Louisville Gardens

Attendance: 6,000 (SOLD OUT!)

Combined TV Ratings: 1.29 (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Steve McMichael, and Larry Zbyszko

Dave Finlay and Squire David Taylor Defeated The Armstrongs

Disco Inferno Defeated Kurasawa

Matt Borne Won a 10 Man Battle Royale

Arn Anderson and Terry Gordy Defeated The Canadian Thrillseekers

Big Bubba Defeated Brian Lawler

The Armstrong Boys Vs Eddie Boulder and Hugh Morrus with Jimmy Hart

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Armstrong Boys defeated Eddie Boulder and Hugh Morrus in 8:24 when Brad Armstrong defeated Eddie Boulder by submission with a Single Leg Boston Crab.

Gene interviews The Armstrong Boys

After the match Gene Okerlund waited on the entrance ramp to get a word with the Armstrong Boys. Brad and Brian looked pleased to see Gene and they stopped to chat.

Gene Okerlund: Brad, Brian...congrats on the win. I must say you two just might break that Armstrong curse and capture tag team gold.

Brad Armstrong: First off, thanks Gene. We really appreciate the praise. Like I said last week, it would be great to capture tag team gold with my brother Brian but this team is only going to be around until my partner Rick Martel returns from injury.

Brian Armstrong: As much as I love teaming up with big bro Brad, I know he's got a better chance to capture tag team gold with Rick Martel and I'm just helping to keep Brad from getting ring rust.

As Brian finishes up Rick Martel hobbles over in crutches.

Gene Okerlund: Would you look at that, Rick Martel is here and he looks like he has something to say.

Rick Martel: Indeed I do Gene. Brad, Brian...I just watched one of the best tag team matches I've ever seen. You two have all the tools to capture the tag team titles and as much as I want to hold those belts, don't let my injury hold you guys back. If you get the chance to fight for the belts, I want you to take it!

Brad Armstrong: Rick, you're one heck of a stand up guy and I promise you that if me and Brian get the chance we will bring the gold home just for you.

Brad and Rick shake hands as Gene tosses it back to the announce table

Alex Wright Vs Maxx Muscle

In a terrible match, Alex Wright defeated Maxx Muscle in 6:55 by submission with a STF.

DDP begging for cash?

The announcers introduce footage they claim a fan shot of DDP outside the arena begging for cash. When the footage rolls we see a disheveled DDP holding a “Will wrestle for food” sign as cars drive past him. Eventually a car stops and rolls down the window to reveal Lanny Poffo. Lanny hands over an envelope to DDP and then the car drives off.

The Philly Trio is back...

Once again the announcers point out the trio of wrestlers “from that small Philadelphia company” are sitting at ringside watching the matches.

The Nasty Boys Vs Bunkhouse Buck and V.K. Wallstreet

In a poor match, Bunkhouse Buck and V.K. Wallstreet defeated Nasty Boys in 7:21 when V.K. Wallstreet defeated Jerry Sags by pinfall with a Flying Lariat.

The Stud Stable returns

After the match Col. Robert Parker and Meng come down to the ring. Col. Parker and Meng get into the ring and tell Buck and Wallstreet to stay. Parker then gets a mic and starts to speak.

Col. Robert Parker: For months I've been coming out here in this ridiculous outfit and talking like a damn cartoon character and what has it gotten me? Not a damn thing! Now I see this Black Scorpion running around uniting a bunch of guys in WCW and he didn't even bother to call me up. I don't blame him, I mean I look like Col. Sanders drunk cousin!

The crowd laughs as Col. Robert Parker removes his white jacket and hat and stomps on them.

Col. Robert Parker: My name isn't Col. Robert Parker, its Robert Fuller the “Tennessee Stud!” In the ring with me are Jimmy Golden and Mike Rotunda, two men who are also members of famous wrestling families like myself. Next to me is Meng, the toughest man to ever be born on the isle of Samoa. The four of us will no longer be taken for granted, we will no longer be laughed at and mocked. This is the rebirth of the Stud Stable and we will dominate WCW and make our families proud!

Tracy Smothers Vs Lord Steven Regal{c}

WCW TV Title Match

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Lord Steven Regal defeated Tracy Smothers in 10:02 by pinfall with an Exploder Suplex. Lord Steven Regal makes defense number 6 of his WCW World Television title.

Marc Mero lawsuit win!

The lawsuit filed by Johnny B. Badd, real name Marc Mero, against WCW for wrongful termination has been decided and Marc Mero was awarded a $31,500 judgment. This marks the third lawsuit for wrongful termination that WCW has lost. One has to wonder if Turner Execs are regretting the decision to rehire Bill Watts as the WCW president.

Ron Simmons Vs Diamond Dallas Page

The Rock 'n' Roll Express Vs Harlem Heat

Junkyard Dog Vs Meng

Tracy Smothers Vs Hercules Hernandez

Alex Wright Vs Lord Steven Regal – WCW TV Title Match

Jim Duggan Vs The Giant

Randy Savage Vs Arn Anderson

Lex Luger and Sting Vs The Midnight Express

Diamond Dallas Page

Harlem Heat

Meng

Hercules Hernandez

Lord Steven Regal – WCW TV Title Match

The Giant

Randy Savage

Lex Luger and Sting

Thanks for predicting!

That said, I would like to change things up a bit for 2021. I am working on several projects on top of my full time job and being a single dad so I want to schedule my shows.

Mondays - WCW Nitro

Wednesdays - WCW Saturday Night

Friday - PPVs

Saturday - Monthly recap

See y'all on Monday for the next Nitro and Happy New Year.

Ron Simmons Vs Diamond Dallas Page

The Rock 'n' Roll Express Vs Harlem Heat

Junkyard Dog Vs Meng

Tracy Smothers Vs Hercules Hernandez

Alex Wright Vs Lord Steven Regal – WCW TV Title Match

Jim Duggan Vs The Giant

Lex Luger and Sting Vs The Midnight Express

March1996 Week 3

Live from: The Rupp Arena

Attendance: 23,500 (SOLD OUT!)

Combined TV Ratings: 16.39 (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)

The Stud Stable Defeated The Canadian Thrillseekers

Cctus Jack Defeated Big Bubba

The Powers of Pain Defeated The Barrio Brothers

The Armstrong Clan Defeated The First Family and Kurasawa

Matt Borne Defeated Brian Lawler

4GGeu0a.jpg

Raandy Savage wants Flair!

WCW Nitro opens up with Randy Savage in the ring with a microphone in hand.

Randay Savage: Ooooooooh yeah! There is definitely electricity in the air tonight!

The crowd pops

Randay Savage: Two weeks ago I defeated that punk Terry Gordy and last week I put Chris Benoit on his back for the one, two, three. This week I face off aaagainst The Enforcer Arn Anderson and you better believe I'm going to pin that piece of trash in this very ring. That would leave only the head rat, the king snake himself Ric Flair for me to defeat and I'll have victories over all four of the horsey men.

The crowd chants “horsey men” ad Randy smiles.

Randay Savage: So what do you say Ric, do you have the guts to go one on one with me one more time for the ten pounds of WCW gold?

1jyAXp6.jpg

Suddenly Jim Duggan's music hits and he marches down to the ring with his own microphone.

Jim Duggan: Now wait just a minute tough guy! Last week I did what you failed to do on two separate occasions, I defeated Ric Flair! If anybody deserves a title shot it's me...HOooooo!

oDuI39f.jpg

Ric Flair then walks out to the entrance ramp with a mic.

Ric Flair: WOOO! Ha, ha...not so fast Jimmy boy. Last week you got a lucky win over me, that is true, but there is no way in hell you deserve a shot at this title. Now Randy, I would love to humiliate you one more time so I'll tell you what. You and me, one on one for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship but if you lose, then you can never fight for this title belt as long as it is around my waist!

Randy Savage: You're on Ric!

Jim Duggan: Now hold on just a minute...

LcQKcAN.jpg

Paul Orndorff comes walking out with a mic and he looks Flair over before speaking.

Paul Orndorff: Everybody needs to shut it! None of you have the authority to book matches in WCW. Fortunately for the fans I do, so here is what we are going to do. Randy, Jim...both of you have matches tonight. Whoever wins their match will be granted a shot at Ric Flair and the WCW World Championship. And, just because I love Ric's suggestion so much and ince this would be your third chance to win the gold...If Randy makes it to the title match and loses it, then he can never challenge for the title as long as Ric is champion! Thank you folks and enjoy the rest of the show!

fLSRb8h.jpgoW9FELr.pngNfLKp7T.jpg

“Black Adonis” Ron Simmons Vs Diamond Dallas Page

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ron Simmons defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 8:23 when Diamond Dallas Page intentionally got disqualified by hitting Simmons with a chair.

u59MTkh.jpgVayvpIP.jpg

Hercules and Lanny join in on the beat down!

After the match DDP continued to attack Simmons with the steel chair. Hercules Hernandez and Lanny Poffo ran down to the ring and joined in on the assault. After a few minutes of stomping on Simmons, Lanny handed an envelope to DDP and the two shook hands. The referee checked on the downed Simmons as the three left the ring and headed to the back.

B0C6eEP.jpgkVuIfc8.jpgoW9FELr.pngYJYwfFk.jpglnDwc5u.jpg

The Rock 'n' Roll Express Vs Harlem Heat with Sister Sherri

In a decent match, Harlem Heat defeated Rock 'n' Roll Express in 8:14 when Booker T defeated Robert Gibson by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. During the match we also had Sister Sherri distract Morton.

JezrsAh.jpg1IPn4v8.jpg

Black Scorpion and Fuller make a deal?

The cameras catch Black Scorpion and Robert Fuller shaking hands backstage as the announcers try to guess what they are up to. Tenay speculates it has something to do with Meng's match against JYD but Heenan calls him nuts. Dusty reckons Black Scorpion might be looking to expand his cabal by adding the newly reformed Stud Stable, which Heenan and Tenay agree is a possibility.

CYo5tNu.jpgoW9FELr.pngkYqPGk7.jpg

Junyard Dog Vs Meng with Robert Fuller

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Meng defeated Junkyard Dog in 6:16 by submission with a Tongan Death Grip.

JezrsAh.jpgX7K14MB.jpg

Black Scorpion and Dark Sting have a message...

The lights go out in the arena and Black Scorpion and Dark Sting appear on the Turner Tron.

Black Scorpion: Sting, you will be facing off against my Dark Sting soon but your mind is occupied with thoughts of Missy Hyatt. It wouldn't be right for my Dark Sting to defeat you when you are in such a state so I will have one of my henchmen return her to you. Consider this a final gift fom a former tag partner...

LS2lpVT.jpgoW9FELr.pngu59MTkh.jpg

Tracy Smothers Vs Hercules Hernandez with Lanny Poffo

In a poor match, Hercules Hernandez defeated Tracy Smothers in 7:42 by pinfall.

bUy8XqF.jpgQBoVRLJ.jpg

Sting and Luger are looking for Missy...

Sting and Luger are walking around the backstage area looking for Missy Hyatt when the hear someone yell “I found Missy!” The pair quickly run toward the yelling.

vLLXzbK.jpgwC4jlcb.jpg

Standing over an unconscious Missy Hyatt is none other than Hulk Hogan! Lex and Sting looked shocked but Hogan lifts Missy up and starts heading towards the arena's medical area, Sting and Luger not far behind. As Hogan places Missy on a medical table, Lex and Sting thank the Hulkster for finding her and the three shake hands.

MGRH8g9.jpgoW9FELr.pngIjshni2.jpg

Alex Wright Vs Lord Steven Regal

WCW TV Title Match

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Alex Wright defeated Lord Steven Regal in 7:45 by pinfall with a fast roll up. Alex Wright wins the WCW World Television title!

1jyAXp6.jpgytbXajX.jpg

Take the glove dammit!

Jim Duggan is in his dressing room warming up with his manager Madusa when there is a knock on the door. Madusa opens the door and slowly backs away from it.

f9JX9SA.jpg

Matt Born walks in holding the deadly loaded black glove and Duggan grabs his 2X4, ready for a fight. Matt puts his hands up and starts to speak.

Matt Borne: Ease up there killer. Look, tonight is one of the biggest matches in your career, if you can defeat the seven foot monster The Giant then you will get a show at the WCW World Title. There is a small chance you can do it on your own but this glove, it can guarantee you get that shot. Take it Jim. You deserve to main event a PPV.

Matt Borne drops the glove on the floor and walks away.

1jyAXp6.jpgoW9FELr.pngEyVMQno.jpg

Jim Duggan with Madusa Vs The Giant with Kevin Sullivan

In a decent match, Jim Duggan defeated The Giant in 7:33 by pinfall. Jim managed to win after he hit The Giant with the loaded black glove as The Giant held him up for a Chaokeslam.

rFOijwj.jpgt3Np6cp.jpg

Cactus and Gang brawl!

As the match ended the announcers got word of a wild brawl taking place backstage. The cameras shift to the back and we see Cactus Jack and One Man Gang brawling. Heenan says that Cactus was slick to attack Gang while the other two members of the 3 Faces of Fear were at ringside. Cactus and Gang continue to brawl until Jack delivers a Double Arm DDT to Gang on the concrete floor. Gang is busted wide open and Jack lets out a “Bang, Bang” before walking off triumphantly.

4GGeu0a.jpgoW9FELr.pngIW2eCBM.jpg

In a good match, Randy Savage defeated Arn Anderson in 8:07 by pinfall.

bUy8XqF.jpgvLLXzbK.jpg

Sting has his doubts

Sting and Hogan are backstage in the parking garage area watching an ambulance pull away. Sting looks upset and Hogan tries to comfort him.

Hulk Hogan: Relax Sting, you heard the doctor. Missy is just a little shaken up but she's fine. The only thing you should be worried about is your upcoming tag match.

Sting: You're right Hulkster, I SHOULD be thinking about my tag match but I got this nagging feeling in the back of my head. Black Scorpion said one of his henchmen would drop Missy off but the only one around when we found her was you...

Hulk Hogan: Now hold on just a minute brotha! Are you accusing me of working with the Black Scorpion?

Sting: Maybe I am. You seen how he has been able to manipulate people over the last several weeks, or you would have if you were around.

Hulk Hogan: I was at home recovering from a beating that Black Scorpion gave me brotha, there's no way in hell I'd team up with him. You accusing me of doing so, THAT seems like the kind of manipulative trick Black Scorpion would pull.

Sting: Me? The guy he's gunning for, secretly working with him. Do you even hear yourself Hogan? The fans might trust you, Lex might trust you, but me...I'm going to be keeping one eye on you!

Sting shoulder bumps a bewildered Hogan and storms off. The announcers are in shock at what they just witnessed.

bUy8XqF.jpgQBoVRLJ.jpgoW9FELr.pngyyWvadB.jpg2Du078a.jpg

Sting and Lex Luger Vs The Midnight Express

In a decent match, Luger & Sting defeated The Midnight Express in 8:27 when Sting defeated Bobby Eaton by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock.

NONE!

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">WCW Saturday Night!</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;"> March 1996 Week 3</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;"> Live from: The Bob Carpenter Center</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;"> Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT!)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;"> Combined TV Ratings: 1.17 (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;"> Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Steve McMichael, and Larry Zbyszko</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> ::: Pre-Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Philly Trio Defeated The Barrio Boys and Joey Maggs</div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Matt Borne Defeated Jerry Lynn</div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Armstrong Boys Defeated State Patrol</div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dave Finlay Defeated Tracy Smothers</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ::: Main Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Armstrongs Vs The Blue Bloods</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, The Blue Bloods defeated The Armstrongs in 8:09 when Lord Steven Regal defeated Scott Armstrong by submission with a Regal Stretch.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Ultimo Dragon Vs Eddie Boulder with Jimmy Hart</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a poor match, Eddie Boulder defeated Ultimo Dragon in 8:21 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Mean Gene tries to talk to the Philly Trio</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>The three men from Philly are one again at ringside and Gene Okerlund goes over to try to get a word with them. As soon as Gene gets near they all stand up and turn their backs on Gene. After a few minutes Gene gives up and sends it back to the announcers.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Canadian Thrillseekers Vs The Stud Stable with Robert Fuller</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, The Stud Stable defeated The Canadian Thrillseekers in 7:43 when Mike Rotunda defeated Chris Jericho by pinfall with a Flying Lariat.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Disco Inferno with Kimberly Vs Hugh Morrus</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Disco Inferno defeated Hugh Morrus in 7:43 by pinfall with The Last Dance.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Shake your groove thing!</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>After the match Disco and Kimberly celebrate with some dancing as the crowd cheered their approval.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Alex Wright{c} Vs Kurasawa with Sonny onoo</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> WCW TV Title Match</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Alex Wright defeated Kurasawa in 7:55 by submission with a STF. Alex Wright makes defense number 1 of his WCW World Television title.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ::: News :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Kok B. Ware's lawsuit succeeds!</span></strong><p> Another week and another lawsuit against WCW has succeeded. Kok B. Ware was awarded a whopping $887,100. Turner execs are said to be furious with Bill Wats and this huge judgement against WCW could be the last straw for Watts.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Regal gets buffed!</span></strong><p> Lord Steven Regal showed up to WCW Saturday Night looking extremely toned. The guys backstage are rumored to have ribbed Regal over his new six pack abs.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Rocco Rock shows up wasted!</span></strong><p> Rocco Rock showed up to WCW Saturday Night wasted on painkillers and the boys backstage braced for the incoming verbal assault from Watts. However, Bill didn't yell at Rocco but rather he sent him home with a promise to set up a stay in rehab for Rocco. The boys were confused but pleasently pleased with Watts' handling of the situation.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Stevie Richards in wrestler's court</span></strong><p> Rumors from WCW Saturday Night say that ECW alumni Stevie Richards was confronted backstage by Bobby Heenan for not showing respect to the veterans. Heenan shamed Richards and made him by drinks for all the boys after the show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:18px;">WCW Monday Night Nitro Preview</span></span></strong></p><p> </p><p> The Armstrong Boys Vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Title #1 Contenders Match</p><p> Junkyard Dog Vs The Giant</p><p> Cactus Jack Vs Big Bubba</p><p> Alex Wright Vs Dave Finlay – WCW TV Title Match</p><p> Lex Luger Vs Vader</p><p> Sting Vs The Powers of Pain</p><p> Jim Duggan and Randy Savage Vs Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit</p><p> Hulk Hogan Vs Diamond Dallas Page</p><p> PLUS</p><p> Missy Hyatt reveals the identity of Dark Sting(Take a guess)</p></div><p></p><p></p>

Show postponed by a day because I am feeling very ill. If you haven't predicted or guessed who you think Dark Sting is, then you got an extra day to do so.

The Armstrong Boys Vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Title #1 Contenders Match

Junkyard Dog Vs The Giant

Cactus Jack Vs Big Bubba

Alex Wright Vs Dave Finlay – WCW TV Title Match

Lex Luger Vs Vader

Sting Vs The Powers of Pain

Jim Duggan and Randy Savage Vs Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit

Hulk Hogan Vs Diamond Dallas Page

PLUS

Missy Hyatt reveals the identity of Dark Sting(Take a guess)

***Sorry for the long delay, getting sick sucks. I've decided to bold sections of match recaps that are important to the overall story in case people skip the match details and get lost as to why certain things are happening.

March1996 Week 4

Live from: The Arrowhead Pond

Attendance: 19,000 (SOLD OUT!)

Combined TV Ratings: 16.60 (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)

Fire and Ice Defeated The Blue Bloods

Matt Borne Defeated Brian Lawler

The Stud Stable Defeated The Canadian Thrillseekers

Mr. Wrestling III Defeated Ultimo Dragon

The Midnight Express Defeated The Rock 'n' Roll Express

LcQKcAN.jpg

Commissioner Orndorff lays down the law!

WCW Monday Nitro opens with Commissioner Paul Orndoff in the ring with a microphone. Paul looks very unhappy and he quickly begins to speak to the crowd.

Paul Orndorff: Ladies and gentlemen, I will try to make this quick. WCW has gone through a lot of changes over the last few months and due to that the company was forced to let several talents go. Executives above WCW President were not pleased with the resulting fallout of this cuts and so it is with a heavy heart that I announce WCW President Bill Watts has been indefinitely suspended from his position. The crowd boos I agree, its not a smart decision. WCW Vice President Paul Taylor III will be the acting President of WCW until a final decision on Watts is made.

Not wanting to let you fans down, Paul has put some stipulations on matches for the upcoming WCW Uncensored PPV. The match between Sting and Dark Sting will be a no DQ match, with the winner being granted ownership over the Sting name and appearance. In the match scheduled between Lex Luger and Vader, it is now going to be a Last Man Standing Match. With Hulk Hogan making a return to WCW he is going to be placed in a one on one match with One Man Gang for the WCW US Title! Speaking of One Man Gang, he and The Giant are barred from ringside during the Cactus Jack versus Kevin Sullivan Leather Strap match. If either of those two decide to show up, they will be fired on the spot! Finally, the WCW World Championship will be defended against both Randy Savage and Jim Duggan in a 3-Way Falls Count Anywhere match! Thank you and enjoy the show.

GMIJwzi.jpgjeooXqc.jpg7tyqgw9.jpg

Martel is going to be in your corner!

The cameras go to the back where we see Rick Martel, still using crutches, talking to Brad and Brian Armstrong.

Rick Martel: This is it guys, tonight you have a chance to become the number one contenders to the WCWTag Team Titles! Harlem Heat, they are no joke, you know that Brad.

Brad Armstrong: Yea, it took everything we had to beat them last month. Sister Sherri almost stole our win...

Rick Martel: Then it's settled, I will be in your corner for the match!

jeooXqc.jpg7tyqgw9.jpgoW9FELr.pngYJYwfFk.jpglnDwc5u.jpg

The Armstrong Boys with Rick Martel Vs Harlem Heat with Sister Sherri

WCW Tag Team Titles #1 Contenders Match

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Harlem Heat defeated The Armstrong Boys in 8:03 when Booker T defeated Brian Armstrong by pinfall with a Harlem Hangover. During the match Sister Sherri attacked Rick Martel and took one of his crutches away. This led to Brad Armstrong getting in Sherri's face and the referee having to break it up. During this commotion Stevie Ray grabbed the stolen crutch and nailed Brian in the head, leading to Booker T hitting the Harlem Hangover and getting the win.

CYo5tNu.jpgoW9FELr.pngEyVMQno.jpg

Junkyard Dog Vs The Giant with Kevin Sullivan

In an extremely short match, The Giant defeated Junkyard Dog in 5:03 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. During the match the announcers were deeply concerned for the obviously injured JYD being placed in this match.

JezrsAh.jpgKBg0qcy.jpgNfLKp7T.jpg

DDP meets the boss...

The cameras go to an undisclosed location where we see Black Scorpion and a semi face painted Matt Borne talking before DDP enters the room.

DDP: Okay, I'm here. What did you want?

Matt Borne: I think you better watch your mouth fella, you're addressing the boss of this whole operation. He doesn't like to be disrespected!

DDP: Whatever monkey boy. Lanny said to come here because you got a job for me, so I'm here. If you want to play games then I'm leaving because I do not have time for this cloak and dagger stuff.

Black Scorpion: Tonight you are facing off against Hulk Hogan, I want you to take a dive but I need him unharmed. I have plans for him and so he must show up to the PPV.

The Black Scorpion hands DDP an envelope and DDP quickly shoves it into his back pocket.

DDP: As long as the cash is there, then Hogan ain't getting hurt.

Matt Borne: Now run on back to the arena, you're no longer needed...

rFOijwj.jpgoW9FELr.pngPHnH8Aq.jpg

Cactus Jack Vs Big Bubba

In a decent match, Cactus Jack defeated Big Bubba in 7:45 by pinfall with a Double Arm DDT.

rFOijwj.jpg

Cactus is ready for Sullivan!

After the match Cactus Jack grabs a microphone and starts to speak.

Cactus Jack: Kevin Sullivan, I'm finally going to get my hands on you! You're two goons, One Man Gang and The Giant barred from ringside thanks to the acting president of WCW. Now, I can't promise the fans it will be a technical master class but I can promise them it will be the bloodiest damn match they have ever seen! Kevin, you will be attached to me by a thick leather strap which means you won't be able to run away as I pound your face into strawberry jam! You wanted the wild and dangerous Cactus Jack, well you got him buddy...bang bang!

MGRH8g9.jpgoW9FELr.pngINLbESX.jpg

Alex Wright Vs Dave Finlay

WCW TV Title Match

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Alex Wright defeated Dave Finlay in 7:40 by submission with a STF. Alex Wright makes defense number 2 of his WCW World Television title.

wC4jlcb.jpgbUy8XqF.jpg

Dark Sting revealed!

Missy Hyatt and Sting come down to the ring and everyone is on the edge of their seat because Missy has promised to reveal the identity of the Dark Sting. The announcers toss out a few names as to who they think it is, with Heenan insisting that Hulk Hogan is the prime suspect.

Missy Hyatt: A few weeks ago I was abducted and held against my will. This was done because I am good friends with Sting and my abductors were trying to get back at him. I'm not sure how I got free, all I know is Hulk Hogan was there when I came too. I want to thank him for finding me and getting me to safety. Now, there has been a lot of speculation as to who took me and how, but after several sessions with a trained therapist I can safely say I know who the man calling himself the Dark Sting is. I am saddened to admit I was friends with this person and trusted him as much as I trust Sting. That man is none other than...

The microphone cuts off and the crowd boos in disappointment. Sting looks around and grabs a mic from the nearest ring tech. He quickly gives it to Missy.

Missy Hyatt: His name is...

Again the microphone goes out and Sting kicks the ring ropes in frustration. Missy and Sting exit the ring as the crowd boos louder. They make their way to the announcer's area and Sting grabs Bobby Heenan's microphone.

Sting: They can't cut this one Missy. Tell us the name.

Missy Hyatt leans in and speaks.

Missy Hyatt: Terry Taylor! Dark Sting is none other than Terry Taylor!

The crowd starts an “oh my God” chant as the announcers are dumbstruck by this revelation. Missy And Sting walk off to the back as Tenay keeps repeating “I can't believe it.”

QBoVRLJ.jpgoW9FELr.pngd6jDLQa.jpg

Lex Luger Vs Vader

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Lex Luger drew with Vader in 8:24 following a double count out.

bUy8XqF.jpgoW9FELr.pngvtJ8ju3.jpg8jJzZXF.jpg

Sting Vs The Powers of Pain with Paul Ellering

In a decent match, Sting defeated The Powers of Pain in a Handicap 1 vs 2 match in 7:36 when Sting was attacked by Paul Ellering and the Powers of Pain were DQ'ed.

bUy8XqF.jpgvtJ8ju3.jpg8jJzZXF.jpgxg6Lup3.jpg

Sting is being assaulted!

After the match The Powers of Pain and Paul Ellering begin to assault Sting. The trio are unloading hard punches and kicks on Sting and the announcers wonder if Black Scorpion put them up to this. Sting attempts to fight back but the numbers are too great for him and he is soon on the mat being stomped.

ifyehTF.jpgckCbl4Z.jpg

Just as it seems Sting is going to be finished off Fire and Ice run down to the ring! Scott Norton and Icetrain fight off the Powers of Pain, dumping Warlord and Barbarian to the outside. Norton and Icetrain then lift up Ellering and toss him on to the Powers of Pain! The duo help Sting to his feet and they dare The Powers of Pain to get back in the ring. Sensing the momentum shift, Ellering and his guys head to the back.

1jyAXp6.jpg4GGeu0a.jpgoW9FELr.pngIW2eCBM.jpgjkqoDyP.jpg

Jim Duggan and Randy Savage Vs Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit

In a decent match, Randy Savage and Jim Duggan defeated Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit in 11:29 when Jim Duggan defeated Chris Benoit by pinfall with a Running Clotheline Tackle. During the match Ric Flair and Terry Gordy came out and distracted Savage, forcing Duggan into a 2 on 1 situation for several minutes.

1jyAXp6.jpg4GGeu0a.jpgIW2eCBM.jpgjkqoDyP.jpgoDuI39f.jpgDAo7Ftu.jpg

Savage gets beat down!

After the match Savage and Duggan are in the ring getting their hands raised in victory when the Four Horsemen regroup on the outside. Duggan notices this and he pulls out the loaded black glove and slips it on. Savage gives him a knowing grin and the two ready themselves for the attack. Suddenly Duggan grabs Savage by the shoulder and spins him around. Before Savage can react Duggan decks him with the loaded glove and slips out of the ring.

The Four Horsemen slide into the ring and start to put the boots to Savage as the announcers detail their disgust at Duggan's actions. Heenan points out that Savage left Duggan alone several times during the match and this was just Duggan returning the favor. Eventually the Horsemen are sent to the back by WCW referees and staff, leading the announcers to speculate if Savage would be able to compete on Sunday.

vLLXzbK.jpgoW9FELr.pngNfLKp7T.jpg

Hulk Hoagan Vs Diamond Dallas Page

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Hulk Hogan defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 8:06 when Diamond Dallas Page intentionally got disqualified by attacking the referee.

vLLXzbK.jpgJezrsAh.jpg

Thank you Hulkster!

After the match a confused Hogan looks around as the lights go out and The Black Scorpion appears on the Turner Tron.

Black Scorpion: Congratulations on your victory Hulkster. I hope you achieve victory again on Sunday, but even if you do not our arrangement will be at an end.

The lights come back on and the WCW US Title is laying at the feet of Hulk Hogan as the announcers question what Black Scorpion meant and WCW Nitro goes off the air.

Randy and Lanny harass Lary!

Reports from Monday Nitro say that the Poffo brothers of Randy and Lanny were giving Larry Zbysko a hard time backstage. When Bill Watts got word of the situation he fined the brothers and apologized to Larry on behalf of WCW. While Randy seemed annoyed by this, Larry was very appreciative of the gesture. Lanny was said to be indifferent to the whole situation.

Missy in wrestler's court...

Missy Hyatt was an hour late picking up her traveling partners Rick Martel and Cactus Jack so she was brought before the Wrestler's Court. Judge Bobby Heenan found Missy guilty and ordered her to pay for Rick and Cactus' meals for the next week as punishment. Missy was said to be thankful for the light sentence and vowed to never let it happen again.

Morton has a protege'

Reports from Nitro say that Ricky Morton has taken Stevie Richards under his wing as an apprentice. WCW management is pleased by this as Morton is one of the best sellers in the business and they hope he can teach Richards his secrets so Richards can take Morton's place when Morton finally retires.

I've always hated Duggan, but I'm actually enjoying his story so far.

Thanks. I feel like it's easy to build a dynasty around popular workers or guys with the best stats but it's far more interesting to use guys no one expects to get the spotlight. Curious, did you like the reveal of Terry Taylor as Dark Sting?

Thanks. I feel like it's easy to build a dynasty around popular workers or guys with the best stats but it's far more interesting to use guys no one expects to get the spotlight. Curious, did you like the reveal of Terry Taylor as Dark Sting?

I did actually! Terry is a far better worker than Farmer and has the UWF connection to the Stinger as well. I'm one of Terry's biggest fans. One of the most underrated talents ever.