WCW '96: Cowboys Never Die(take 2)

An excerpt from "Watts Championship Wrestling: The story of Bill Watts in WCW"

Looking back at January 1996...

When I walked into the WCW locker room on that cold January 1st of 1996 the wrestlers looked like they had seen a ghost. I was later informed that they were expecting Bischoff to walk through the doors as the next WCW President so seeing me was quite a shock. Almost immediately Hulk Hogan voiced his displeasure with me being the man calling the shots. Seems Hogan was still holding on to a vow to never work for me after I called him a rat for running out on Verne.

After Hogan said his piece I let the guys know that we would be going back to basics. The silly storylines and bullshit gimmicks were going to be phased out and we would be moving forward with a wrestling product we wouldn't be embarrassed to tell people we were a part of. Ric and Arn threw their support behind my vision and Sting let the guys know that I may be a lot of things but a damn good booker was one of them.

I let the boys know that we wouldn't just abruptly end the storylines we were running at the time but I may evolve them in a way that the original bookers didn't script. I dismissed the workers but asked Loch Ness to stay behind. After everyone had left I broke the news to Loch Ness that the Dungeon of Doom was being phased out and he was no longer going to be needed.

After that first meeting I was able to secure some new TV deals so the boys were happy that they would be getting increased global exposure. These feelings of joy didn't last long as I had to send Randy Savage home during the first Nitro taping of 1996 for refusing to do the job to Ric and Arn. If that wasn't bad enough (John)Tenta and (Bobby)Walker showed up drunk and wasted respectively and I fired them both on the spot. The show was rewritten on the fly but you could tell the boys were a bit uneasy with my decisions. Funny thing, I actually had a plan to push Walker and he was set to go over Dave Finlay that night.

After I completely rewrote the Sting/Black Scorpion storyline I had to tell some of the surprise workers I signed to delay their debuts. This was a nightmare as I had several high profile workers sitting at home collecting big salaries. Not only that, but the plan I had originally outlined would have been a bit more interesting for the fans watching at home.

Things ran smooth at the following Nitro and I thought that me and Hogan could actually work together to elevate WCW but I was soon proved wrong as Hogan, Jimmy Hart, and Ed Leslie got into Savage's face backstage before the third Nitro of January. I wanted to fire all three on the spot but I couldn't have Hogan showing up on Raw so I just suspended all three for a month. Of course, this means I once again had to rewrite the show. What was supposed to be a slow burn angle with Sting was fast tracked and turned into the main focus of WCW.

Now, the previous WCW Saturday Night Diamond Dallas Page and Alex Wright ha a match that resulted in Wright getting a "Boxer's fracture" which caused my planned feud between the two to fall apart. If this wasn't bad enough, on that third WCW Saturday Night Page was backstage bragging about causing the injury to Wright. I couldn't let him get away with that so I made a phone call to one of those high profile workers sitting at home. Now, those in the know will tell you that Ron Simmons is one of the stiffest men in the wrestling business, so booking him against Page was sure to teach Dallas a lesson about respecting your opponents.

I don't know who gave the bad news to Page but I do know who he took his frustration out on. After pulling Page off of Kevin Sullivan I let him know he would be losing the TV Championship to Simmons and sitting at home for the next month. I was there less than a month and I had already suspended four workers, released three others, and sent one home for the day.

As we headed into the last Nitro of January 1996 I got news that The Renegade had missed a planned media appearance. Now, this guy was not the kind of worker I would have hired but he was already signed and I was going to try to use him until his contract was up but after he missed that media appearance I leapt at the chance to cut him loose. Three days later the rat bastard sued WCW for wrongful termination.

Needless to say I was in hot water with Turner and his board of directors but I was able to talk my way out of it with assurances that we were on track to kick Vince's ass in the TV ratings. Luckily for me we did just that and we even won the monthly "National Battle" on TEW.com.

As you may find it to be the running theme, the Clash of the Champions PPV had to be rewritten due to one of the workers throwing the whole damn show off track. Brian Pillman's contract was up and it looked like he would be resigning with WCW but at the last possible moment he decided to go to the WWF. The damn tag team he formed with Brad Armstrong was going to be one member short and there was no way he could go over Arn and Benoit only to disappear the next night. Now that I think about it, this one may have been due to the "Armstrong Curse" and not any bad luck of my own. Whatever the reason, I called up Gordy and placed him in the Four Horsemen.

Going into February things were looking bleak but nothing could have prepared me for what came next...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>WCW Roster as of February 1st 1996 </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">::: Faces :::</span></p><p> </p><p>

Alex Wright </p><p>

Brad Armstrong</p><p>

Brian Knobbs</p><p>

Cactus Jack</p><p>

Cobra</p><p>

Eddy Guerrero</p><p>

Evad Sullivan</p><p>

Fidel Sierra</p><p>

Hulk Hogan</p><p>

Ice Train</p><p>

Jerry Sags</p><p>

Jim Duggan managed by Madus Micelli</p><p>

Joey Maggs</p><p>

Johnny B. Badd managed by Kimberly</p><p>

Johnny Grunge</p><p>

Junkyard Dog</p><p>

Koko B. Ware</p><p>

Major Craig Pittman</p><p>

Marcus Bagwell</p><p>

Mr. J.L.</p><p>

Randy Savage managed by Elizabeth</p><p>

Rick Martel</p><p>

Ricky Morton</p><p>

Ricky Santana</p><p>

Road Warrior Animal</p><p>

Road Warrior Hawk</p><p>

Robert Gibson</p><p>

Rocco Rock</p><p>

Ron Simmons</p><p>

Scott Norton</p><p>

Scotty Riggs</p><p>

Sting</p><p>

Ultimo Dragon</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">::: Heels :::</span></p><p> </p><p>

Arn Anderson</p><p>

Big Bubba</p><p>

Black Bart</p><p>

Black Scorpion</p><p>

Booker T managed by Sister Sherri</p><p>

Bunkhouse Buck managed by Col. Rob Parker</p><p>

Chris Benoit</p><p>

Chris Kanyon</p><p>

Dark Sting</p><p>

Dave Finlay</p><p>

Dean Malenko</p><p>

Diamond Dallas Page managed by Maxx Muscle</p><p>

Dick Slater managed by Col. Rob Parker</p><p>

Disco Inferno</p><p>

Earl Robert Eaton</p><p>

Hugh Morrus managed by Jimmy Hart</p><p>

Kevin Sullivan </p><p>

Kurasawa managed by Sonny Onoo</p><p>

Lex Luger</p><p>

Lord Steven Regal</p><p>

Lt. James Earl</p><p>

Mark Starr</p><p>

Matt Borne</p><p>

Maxx Muscle</p><p>

Meng managed by Jimmy Hart</p><p>

Mr. Wrestling III</p><p>

One Man Gang managed by Kevin Sullivan</p><p>

Ric Flair</p><p>

Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker</p><p>

Squire David Taylor</p><p>

Stevie Ray managed by Sister Sherri</p><p>

Terry Gordy</p><p>

The Barbarian managed by Paul Ellering</p><p>

The Gambler</p><p>

The Giant managed by Kevin Sullivan</p><p>

The Warlord managed by Paul Ellering</p><p>

The Zodiac managed by Jimmy Hart</p><p>

V.K. Wallstreet</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;">::: Tag Teams :::</span></p><p> </p><p>

American Males (Marcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs)</p><p>

Barrio Boys (Ricky Santana & Fidel Sierra)</p><p>

Benoit & Malenko</p><p>

Bunkhouse Buck & Dirty Dick</p><p>

Fire and Ice (Scott Norton & Ice Train)</p><p>

Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) </p><p>

Luger & Sting</p><p>

Men at Work (Mark Starr & Chris Kanyon)</p><p>

Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) </p><p>

Public Enemy (Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge)</p><p>

Road Warriors</p><p>

Rock N Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)</p><p>

State Patrol (Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker & Lt. James Earl)</p><p>

The Animal Alliance (Junkyard Dog & Koko B. Ware)</p><p>

The Blue Bloods (Lord Steven Regal, Earl Robert Eaton, Squire David Taylor)</p><p>

The Powers of Pain (The Warlord & The Barbarian)</p><p>

The Special Forces (Cobra & Maj. Craig Pittman)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#800080;">::: Stables :::</span></p><p> </p><p>

The 3 Faces of Fear (Kevin Sullivan, The Giant, One Man Gang)</p><p> </p><p>

The First Family (Jimmy Hart, Meng, The Zodiac, Hug Morrus,)</p><p> </p><p>

The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit, Terry Gordy)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#C0C0C0;">::: Announcers :::</span></p><p> </p><p>

Bobby Heenan, Mike Tenay, and Dusty Rhodes</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FFA500;">::: On Screen Personalities :::</span></p><p> </p><p>

Bill Watts, Chris Cruise, Gene Okerlund, Lanny Poffo, Larry Zbyszko, Lee Marshall, Steve McMichaels, and Tony Schiavone</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#FFD700;">WCW Championship Roll Call</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW World Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Current Champion: Ric Flair</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Past Champions in this dynasty</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW World Tag Team Championship</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Current Champions: The Road Wariors</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Past Champions in this dynasty</span></p><p>

Harlem Heat</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW US Championship</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Current Champion: One Man Gang</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Past Champions in this dynasty</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW World TV Championship</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Current Champion: Ron Simmons</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Past Champions in this dynasty</span></p><p>

Johnny B. Badd</p><p>

Diamond Dallas Page</p>

• 2 weeks later...

WCW: Monday Nitro!

February 1996 Week 1

Live from: The Orlando Arena

Attendance: 17,000(Sold Out)

TV Ratings: 10.65(TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System combined)

Announcers: Mike Tenay, Bobby Heenan, and Dusty Rhodes

::: Pre-Show :::

The Rock N Roll Express Defeated The Blue Bloods

Rick Martel Defeated V. K. Wallstreet

::: Main Show :::

Randy was robbed!

WCW Monday Night Nitro opens up with Randy Savage in the ring with a mic in his hand and a scowl on his face.

Randy Savage: Ric Flair! You dirty little rat, you and your crony Terry Gordy robbed me of a win last night. Now if you think this means I'm no longer a threat to your title reign, think again buddy. I'm going to be all over you every chance I get and we will meet in that ring for the WCW World Championship real soon. Count on it... Oh, yeah!

”Hacksaw” Jim Duggan w/Madusa Micelli Vs Earl Robert Eaton

In a decent match, Jim Duggan defeated Earl Robert Eaton in 8:01 by pinfall with a Running Clotheline Tackle. During the match Matt Borne ran in and attacked Eaton when Madusa distracted the referee.

The 4 Horsemen are here!

Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen walk down to the ring looking smug as the crowd boos. Terry Gordy holds the ring ropes open for his cohorts before he enters the ring himself. Ric graabs a mic and begins to talk.

Ric Flair: Orlando...WOO... Florida! The Four Horsemen once again pull the wool over the eyes of every one of you fans and every wrestler in the back. For weeks we sat back and laughed as the rumors about Brad Armstrong joining the elite of the elite circulated. When Arn and Chris won their match and chased that loser Brian Pillman out of the company I could feel the electricity in the air as all of you thought Brad was going to get the nod. Well, Brad may be a good wrestler but he's not Horsemen caliber. Tonight Arn, Terry, and Chris will show you what being a Horsemen is all about because they will dominate in their matches!

Ric is ready to end the promo when Arn whispers something in his ear.

Ric Flair: Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Randy Savage. Randy... you will never get your hands on this belt as long as I have these men at my side and an ace up my sleeve.

Fire and Ice w/Teddy Long Vs Meng and Hugh Morrus

In a decent match, Fire and Ice defeated Hugh Morrus and Meng in 7:50 when Scott Norton defeated Hugh Morrus by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker.

Harlem Heat are not done!

The show cuts to the back where Harlem and Sister Sherri are standing around looking angry.

Sister Sherri: Road Warriors, you punks got lucky! This right here is the best tag team in WCW and you are going to learn the hard way when we get our rematch at Superbrawl!

Booker T: You damn right Sister Sherri, this is far from over and those suckas are gonna learn the hard way you don't take anything from The Harlem Heat.

Stevie Ray: These damn suckas think they can walk into our hood and take our gold? Not on my watch dammit! Road Warriors we are coming for our belts and you suckas can't stop us.

”Black Adonis” Ron Simmons{c} Vs Disco Inferno

WCW TV Championship Match

In a decent match, Ron Simmons defeated Disco Inferno in 7:03 by pinfall with a Dominator. Ron Simmons makes defence number 4 of his WCW World Television title.

Can the Black Adonis stop a god?

After the match Ron Simmons is ready to get out of the ring when Lanny Poffo walks out with a mic and stops him.

Lann Poffo: Ron Simmons, please indulge me for a moment and heed the words I have to say. You are a Black Adonis but do you have what it takes to face a god?

Ron Simmons seems confused but before he could figure anything out a large man with a chain runs out of the crowd and hops into the ring. The large man slams Ron with a huge belly to back suplex before he whips him with the chain he brought with him.

Lanny Poffo: Hercules Hernadez has just proved you don't! You shall be the first of his twelve labors and the TV Title will be a trophy added to his collection of trophies.

The Powers of Pain are here!

As the EMTs check on Ron Simmons the show goes to the back to see Paul Ellering flanked by The Warlord and The Barbarian.

Paul Ellering: Road Warriors, do you think you could just ditch me and not receive payback? The beatdown my Powers of Pain delivered to you at the Clash of the Champions is just the beginning. No one knows you two the way I do and I will have my Powers of Pain break you down piece by piece until you are begging me to let you live...but I won't!

Cactus Jack Vs Dave Finlay

In a decent match, Cactus Jack defeated Dave Finlay in 6:49 by pinfall with a Double Arm DDT.

4 Faces of Fear?

After the match Kevin Sullivan, One Man Gang, and The Giant walk down to the ring. Sullivan pulls out a mic and starts to speak.

Kevin Sullivan: Cactus Jack, welcome back son. I always knew you would return to WCW and to... me. So come Cactus, join me once again and let us destroy the WCW as the Four Faces of Fear!

Cactus grabs the mic from Sullivan.

Cactus Jack: Kevin, it's true that you helped me quite a lot when I was in WCW the last time. We trained together, we fought together, and we stood together as tag team champions! So I would love to stand here and tell you yes...Yes I will join your little stable but I'm not the same fool I was back then. So the answer is NO!”

As soon as Cactus says no One Man Gang and The Giant go to attack but Sullivan holds out his hands to stop them. Kevin then agressively grabs the mic from Catus

Kevin Sullivan: You refuse me today Cactus, but there will come a time you are begging me for help and I simply won't be there.

Sullivan and his lackeys leave the ring as Cactus and the announcers are confused by his ominous words.

The Animal Alliance Vs Arn Anderson and Terry Gordy

In a decent match, Arn Anderson and Terry Gordy defeated The Animal Alliance in 8:29 when Terry Gordy defeated Junkyard Dog by pinfall.

Eddy Guerrero Vs Chris Benoit

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Eddy Guerrero defeated Chris Benoit in 7:40 by pinfall with a Springboard DDT.

Lex knows a secret!

Lex Luger comes down to the ring to a few boos mixed with some cheers. The announcers talk about his handshake with Sting from the previous night and wonder about Lex's loyalties. Lex grabs a mic and gets into the ring.

lex Luger: Last night at Clash of the Champions I had the greatest match of my career. Sting pushed me to my limits and even though I came up short, I never felt better than I did after that match. Sting, we may not see eye to eye on a lt of things but I can promise you that Lex Luger will have your back if you ever need me to!

The crowd cheers as the announcers applaud Lex's words.

Lex Luger: Now, I have been running with a bad crowd lately but I promise you that will no longer be the case. So, tonight I will reveal the name of the man I spoke to on the phone, the mastermind behind the whole Dark Sting situation. That man is none other than R...

Lex's mic cuts out and he looks around confused. Suddenly the Turner-Tron comes to life and The Black Scopion and Dark Sting are looking down at the ring. The Black Scorpion begins to talk in his trademark distorted voice.

The Black Scorpion: I don't think so Lex. It's a bit too early to reveal who I am but you are right that our business arrangement has come to an end. You have served your purpose and now Sting is all warmed up, but he will not be facing me. No, he must first face his past, the same past that you will now face!

Suddenly the lights go out and when they come back Vader is in the ring with Lex. Vader kness Luger in the gut then delivers a huge powerbomb. As Lex lays on the mat helpless Vader continues to kick Lex before the show goes to commercial.

I'm the one you want!

When WCW Monday Night Nitro comes back from commercial Vader is still in the ring pummeling Lex Luger. Suddenly Sting comes out with a referee and Vader waves him to the ring. The referee gets in first and Vader pushes Lex under the ropes and out to the floor as Sting gets in and the bell rings. The announcers are quite confused as Vader isn't under contrct with WCW but they get word over their headsets that Vader does have a WCW contract.

Sting Vs Vader

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Sting drew with Vader in 18:00 when the time limit expired.As the show went off the air these two were still trading blows in the middle of the ring

Another WCW drunk!

Road agent Pez Whatley showed up to Monday Night Nitro completely hammered and was subsequently fired. Many in the industry are wondering why so many WCW employess are showing up drunk or wasted on drugs.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>18 minutes is a weird time limit lol <p> </p><p> Another good show though. Glad you're sticking with it</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> LOL yeah, it was 20 min total with the 2 minute entrance. It was suppose to be the last 20 minutes of Nitro. Thanks for reading, I plan to at least stick with it until my big reveal is made.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ry guy 64" data-cite="Ry guy 64" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’m curious why so many people are showing up drunk.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bad luck or the mod maker set people too high.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>WCW Saturday Night!</p><p> February 1996 Week 1</p><p> Live from: Cobb County Civic Center</p><p> Attendance: 3,500 (Sold Out)</p><p> TV Rating: .81 Combined Rating(TBS, Sky One, Tokyo Broadcasting System, TSN)</p><p> Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Steve McMichael, and Larry Zbyszko</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> ::: Pre-Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>State Patrol Defeated The Barrio Boys<p> Black Bart Defeated Joey Maggs</p><p> Kurasawa and Gold Dragon Defeated Mr. J. L. and Ultimo Dragon</p><p> Johnny B. Badd Defeated Bunkhouse Buck</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ::: Main Show :::</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Rick Martel and Brad Armstrong Vs The Blue Bloods</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a decent match, Brad Armstrong and Rick Martel defeated The Blue Bloods III in 7:31 when Rick Martel defeated Squire David Taylor by submission with a Boston Crab.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Brad and Rick are the Ring Lords</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>A pre-recorded promo of Brad Armstron and Rick Martel plays after the match. Rick and Brad are in matching blue and red track suits as they talk to the camera.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Rick Martel</strong>: Take a look at the team men here, you will not find a better pair of technical wrestlers anywhere in the world. Not only have we won tag team titles everywhere we wrestled, we have also amassed our fair share of singles belts. Despite this, you fans barely know who we are.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Brad Armstrong</strong>: That's no longer going to be the case because after me and Rick win the upcoming Crockett Cup tag team tournament, no one will ever be able to overlook us again. We are the Ring Lords and we will beat any team or singles wrestler put in front of us. You see, some teams are united by blood. Some teams are united by friendship. This team...We are united by something even stronger, the desire to prove that we are indeed the best of the best!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Evad Sullivan Vs Matt Borne</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Matt Borne defeated Evad Sullivan in 8:24 by pinfall with a DDT.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Hercules Hernandez w/Lanny Poffo Vs Dave Finlay</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a bout that didn't have much heat and decent wrestling, Hercules Hernandez defeated Dave Finlay in 8:44 by submission with a Hercules Special(Manji/Octopus Hold).</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Coming for you Simmons</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>A pre-recorded promo with Lanny Poffo and Hercules Hernandez airs after the match. Hercules is flexing behind Lanny as Lanny talks to the camera.</em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Lanny Poffo</strong>: Ron Simmons you felt the power of Hercules Hernandez and you know deep in your heart that you can not defeat this god among men. He is stronger than you are, he is faster than you, and he is meaner than you. You made a huge mistake coming back to WCW because Hercules also decided to come back here and you are holding on to a piece of gold he wants to add to his collection!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Animal Alliance Vs The Powers of Pain w/Paul Ellering</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a decent match, The Powers of Pain defeated The Animal Alliance in 7:42 when The Warlord defeated Koko B. Ware by pinfall.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">”Black Adonis” Ron Simmons Vs Big Bubba</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> WCW Television Title Match</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> <em>In a decent match, Ron Simmons defeated Big Bubba in 7:56 by pinfall with a Dominator. Ron Simmons makes defense number 5 of his WCW World Television title.</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Road Warrior Hawk Suspended</span></strong><p> <em>Insiders revealed that Road Warrior Hawk was suspended after he tried to provoke Johnny B Badd into a fight. Johnny, real name Marc Mero, is a former Golden Gloves winner and many suggest that he would have faced severe legal repercussions if he engaged in a fist fight backstage.</em></p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51638" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Who is Gold Dragon?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gold Dragon is a worker I brought in to see if he would work well in a team with Kurasawa. I often use the Preshow to test that opponents, teams, or managers and clients don't get a chemistry ding. Vader wrestle as Baby Bull, Black Adonis was Ron Simmons, and Cactus Jack was Big Jack to name a few.</p><p> </p><p> As for who is under the mask, it is <span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Erik Watts</span>. <<< highlight to see</p>

WCW Monday Night Nitro Preview

The Lords of the Ring Vs The Blue Bloods Vs Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck

Johnny B. Badd Vs Hercules Hernandez

Eddy Guerrero Vs Kevin Sullivan

Ron Simmons{c} Vs Meng TV Title Match

The Rock N Roll Express Vs Benoit and Malenko

Jim Duggan Vs Terry Gordy

Randy Savage and Sting Vs Ric Flair and Arn Anderson

The Lords of the Ring

Hercules Hernandez

Eddy Guerrero

Ron Simmons{c}

Benoit and Malenko

Terry Gordy

Randy Savage and Sting

The Lords of the Ring

Johnny B. Badd

Eddie Guerrero

Ron Simmons

Benoit & Malenko

Terry Gordy

Savage & Sting

Thanks for the support! Seems I may be a bit too predictable tho lol

February 1996 Week 2

Live from: The Baltimore Arena

Attendance: 14,000 (SOLD OUT)

Combined TV Ratings: 10.55 (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)

Black Blood II Defeated Joey Maggs

Fire and Ice Defeated V. K. Wallstreet and Dave Finlay

Mr. Commissioner?

As Monday Nitro starts the announcers tell us that the new WCW Commissioner is going to be coming down to the ring to address the fans and wrestlers. As soon as they finish trying to figure out who it could be the camera pans over to the ring entrance as Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff walks out to a huge applause. Paul adjusts his suit as he walks to the ring, stopping to shake the hands of those fans along the railing. Paul gets into the ring and begins to speak into the microphone in is hand.

Paul Orndorff: Thank you for that wonderful reception! I appreciate each and every one of you fans and I know the guys in the back do too. Now then, we need to get down to business. I am the WCW Commissioner as voted on by the WCW President Bill Watts, Vice President Paul Taylor III, and the Championship Committee. That said, President Bill Watts laid down the law the first week he was back in WCW but it seems that the fellas just don't get it. So, we are doing away with all fines for interfering in matches and instead any person who interferes in a match that does not involve them will be given a 30 day suspension! This rule will be in effect starting...right now!

In other news, the WCW Tag Team Champions the Road Warriors were assaulted by The Powers of Pain at the Clash of the Champions and our doctors have determined they will not be fit to wrestle for over 30 days so it is with a heavy heart that I am stripping them of the tag titles. WCW will hold a 3 week, 8 team tag tournament to crown new champions at Superbrawl '96. Six teams have already proved they deserve a spot in the tournament, so Harlem Heat, The Powers of Pain, The Nasty Boys, Fire and Ice, Public Enemy, and The Animal Alliance will be joined by the winners of the triple threat tag elimination match between The Lords of the ring, Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck, and the Blue Bloods and the winner of The Rock N Roll Express versus Benoit and Malenko. That triple threat tag match is up next, enjoy the show folks.

The Lords of the Ring Vs Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick Slater w/Col. Rob Parker Vs The Blue Bloods w/Lord Steven Regal

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Lords of the Ring defeated Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick and The Blue Bloods in a 2 vs 2 vs 2 match in 8:28; the order of elimination was Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick first, and then The Blue Bloods.

Worship him, he is Hercules!

Hercules Hernandez and Lanny Poffo come down to the ring for Hercules' match. Lanny grabs a mic and starts to put his client over.

Lanny Poffo: All you people should be on your feet and bowing to your wrestling god Hercules Hernandez! As soon as Ron Simmons stops ducking and dodging us then WCW will have a literally god holding one of their championship titles because Hercules is going to show Ron Simmons that you can not beat a god, you can only hope to survive.

Johnny B. Badd w/Kimberly Vs Hercules Hernandez w/Lanny Poffo

In a poor match, Hercules Hernandez defeated Johnny B. Badd in 5:40 by submission with a Hercules Special.

Missy is back!

The camera goes to the back where we see Sting talking to Missy Hyatt. Sting welcomes her back to the company and the two exchange some small talk before they realize they are live.

Missy Hyatt: Sting, last week The Black Scorpion revealed that he brought Vader back to WCW and you two fought to a draw. Are you planning to face him again?

Sting: Am I planning to face him again? You better believe I am Missy! In fact, I already let Watts know that I will face Vader any time, any place, in any match.

Missy Hyatt: Do you think you can beat him? And aren't you worried about the Black Scorpion and Dark Sting getting involved?

Sting: The Black Scorpion is nothing but a loser wearing Ric Flair's hand me downs and it doesn't matter who is under that mask because I will kick his teeth in if he gets in my face. As for the so called Dark Sting, well that guy has a lot to answer for and I will get my hands on him as soon as I deal with Vader.

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Eddy Guerrero defeated Kevin Sullivan in 8:05 by pinfall with a Springboard DDT. During the match The Giant and One Man Gang tried to come down to the ring but Cactus Jack interfered and nailed both of them with chair shots.

Cactus is coming for you!

After the match Cactus Jack grabbed a mic from the announcers desk and stared to promo on the 3 Faces of Fear.

Cactus Jack: Kevin, I think you and you goons owe me one hell of a favor because if it wasn't for me then these two bozos would be facing a 30 day suspension! Now, don't get it all confused because I didn't do it for you, no I did it for ME! You see, I am not just going to destroy you Kevin...no, I'm going to destroy these two piles of trash as well. I am what you 3 faces will fear..Bang BANG!!

Ron Simmons{c} Vs Meng

WCW Television Championship Match

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ron Simmons defeated Meng in 7:56 by pinfall with a Dominator. Ron Simmons makes defense number 6 of his WCW World Television title.

Lex is down!

The announcers inform us that something has gone down backstage and the cameras switch to the backstage area where we see Lex Luger laying on the floor with a pool of blood around his head. Terry Taylor is telling security that he saw some guy in a black mask running from the scene with a lead pipe. The announcers wonder if this was another attack orchestrated by the Black Scorpion or if it is someone else with a grudge against Lex.

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Benoit and Malenko defeated Rock 'n' Roll Express in 13:03 when Chris Benoit defeated Ricky Morton by submission.

It was me Lex

Before the next match can start the Turner Tron starts to flicker and we see The Black Scorpion and Dark Sting on the screen.

The Black Scorpion: It seems Lex has received his present, let that serve as a warning for anyone else who thinks they want to get involved in our business. Sting, you said some hurtful words about my Dark Sting and so I am forced to take him off his leash and show you why he is the superior Stinger. You see, just like when you and I teamed up Sting, I taught Dark Sting all the secrets of the Scorpion and he even mastered a move you never could...the Completed Scorpion Death Lock! Next week, he will show you and everyone watching what your finisher is suppose to look like and he will cripple whoever is unlucky enough to be his first victim!

Jim Duggan w/Madusa Vs Terry Gordy

In a decent match, Terry Gordy defeated Jim Duggan in 8:06 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. During the match we also had Matt Borne come down to the ringside area and watch the match.

You did this!

After the match is over Mat Borne grabs and mic and gets into the ring as Gordy makes his way to the back. Borne starts to stomp the prone Duggan, screaming into the mic that “You did this!” Eventually security gets into the ring nd drags Borne off Duggan and cuff him. Borne is escorted to the back as EMTs rush the ring to check on Duggan.

Randy Savage w/Elizabeth and Sting Vs Ric Flair and Arn Anderson

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Randy Savage and Sting defeated Ric Flair and Arn Anderson in 12:55 when Sting defeated Arn Anderson by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock.

Vader attacks!

After the match The Black Scorpion appears on the entrance ramp and Sting slides out of the ring and runs after him. Sting and The Black Scorpion are seen running through the back until Scorpion hops into a waiting car and drives off. Meanwhile, in the ring Savage is jaw jacking with Flair and Anderson when Vader comes out of the crowd and attacks him. Vader nails Savage with a Power Bomb before going to the top rope and hitting a Vader Splash on the prone Savage. Nitro then ends with a shot of Flair and Anderson laughing as Vader places a foot on Savage.

::: News :::

Road Warrior Animal suspended!

Reports from the latest episode of Monday Nitro indicate that Road Warrior Animal got into a heated altercation with Kurasawa backstage that led to Animal having to be pulled off the Japanese born wrestler. After Hawk was suspended there were rumors that a mystery partner for Animal would be teased but those plans, if they were real, are now being scrapped. With both tag champs being suspended there are some who think the division might be in for a huge shake up.

WCW Saturday Night!

February 1996 Week 2

Live from: The Mobile Civic Center

Attendance: 3,000(Sold Out)

Combined TV Ratings: 0.82 (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Steve McMichael, and Larry Zbyszko

The Blue Bloods Defeated The Special Forces

Disco Inferno Defeated Mr. J. L.

Earl Robert Eaton and V. K. Wallstreet Defeated The Barrio Brothers

Matt Borne Defeated Joey Maggs

Public Enemy Defeated Black Bart and Max Muscle

Missy Hyatt tossed WCW shirts to the crowd

The Lords of the Ring Vs Big Bubba and Dave Finlay

In a decent match, The Lords of the Ring defeated Big Bubba and Dave Finlay in 8:05 when Rick Martel defeated Dave Finlay by submission with a Boston Crab.

Koko B. Ware Vs Hugh Morrus

In a poor match, Koko B. Ware defeated Hugh Morrus in 7:57 by pinfall with a Ghostbuster.

You did this Jim!

After the match WCW Saturday Night plays a prerecorded vignette from Matt Borne. In the vignette we see Borne with smeared white clown makeup on his face as he paces back and forth.

Matt Borne: Jim Duggan...mister USA...I know the real you. I know the you that is willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead. I know the you that caused JYD to lose a loser leaves town match. These people, they only know the happy go lucky you but I know the truth Jim and I am going to bring you back to your old ways, no matter what it takes!

Ultimo Dragon Vs Black Blood II

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Black Blood II defeated Ultimo Dragon in 7:40 by submission with a STF.

The Rock N Roll Expres Vs The State Patrol

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Rock 'n' Roll Express defeated State Patrol in 8:10 when Robert Gibson defeated Lt. James Earl by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick.

He aint no god!

Before his match with Kurasawa, Ron Simmons is in the back with Missy Hyatt.

Missy Hyatt: Ron, you have been a dominant TV champion ever since you returned to WCW and took the belt off of Diamond Dallas Page but recently Hercules Hernandez has come into the company and says he will take that belt from you.

Ron Simmons: Missy, let me tell you something. Hercules Hernandez is not a wrestling god, he's just a chump! He goes around saying I'm ducking and dodging him but the truth his he is hiding from me. On Monday Night Nitro I have no challenges so after I defeat Kurasawa tonight I will be glad to put Hercules in his place.

Ron Simmons{c} Vs Kurasawa w/Sonny Onoo

WCW Television Championship Match

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ron Simmons defeated Kuraasawa in 7:48 by pinfall with a Dominator. Ron Simmons makes defense number 7 of his WCW World Television title.

Who's more drugged up than Kanyon? NOBODY!

Chris Kanyon showed up to WCW Saturday Night high as a kite and was subsequently fired. There were rumors that Kanyon was set to get a small push before he made the decision to get wasted on cocaine and show up to work.

Johnny B. Badd was very bad!

Johnny B. Badd, real name Marc Mero, attacked Ultimo Dragon backstage at WCW Saturday Night and was fired by a furious Bill Watts. Ironically, a few weeks ago Watts had suspended Road Warrior Hawk for trying to instigate a fight with Marc Mero.

Lex is getting paid and fined!

Lex Luger was backstage bragging about how much money he was being paid so Bill Watts fined him hefty sum to teach him a bit of humility.

Cactus Jack Vs Meng

Fire and Ice w/Teddy Long Vs The Powers of Pain w/Paul Ellering

Mr. J. L. Vs Dark Sting

The Lords of the Ring Vs Benoit and Malenko

Ron Simmons{c} Vs Hercules Hernandez w/Lanny Poffo WCW TV Title Match

The Animal Alliance Vs Harlem Heat

The Nasty Boys Vs Public Enemy

???(Hand picked opponent by Flair) Vs Ric Flair

Sting Vs The Giant

***Sorry for the long wait, had a lot of things going on IRL.

February 1996 Week 3

Live from: The Greensboro Coliseum

Attendance: 30,000(Sold Out)

Combined TV Ratings: 16.9 (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)

Terry Taylor Defeated Jerry Lynn

One Man Gang and Kevin Sullivan Defeated The Grunge Gang

Missy Hyatt tossed shirts to the crowd

Arn Anderson Defeated Marcus Bagwell

Flair and Anderson got something to say!

Monday Night Nitro opens with Ric Flair and Arn Anderson in the ring. Both men look exceptionally happy as the crowd chants Flair's name.

Ric Flair: Greensboro North Carolina! This is most definitely Flair country, woo! Now, two men that have been itching to get their hands on my WCW world championship are Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage...but I just can't decide who deserves a shot at me next.

The crowd starts to chant Hogan and Savage in alternating waves.

Ric Flair: See, even you guys can't make up your mind. In order to make things easier on myself I have left that decision up to my good friend Arn. Now Arn will not only be making the choice as to who gets a shot at my title next but he will also be deciding who is worthy of stepping into the ring with me tonight, woo!

Arn Anderson: Thank you for this responsibility Ric, I know I will not let you down. I promise I will also not let this crowd down as the WCW locker room is full of people who are deserving of a match with Ric Flair. We have former world champions, former tag champions, and guys who are current champions all without scheduled matches. It won't be an easy decision but I promise you all that whoever I choose will be a man that will push Ric to his absolute limits!

Cactus Jack Vs Meng

In a decent match, Cactus Jack defeated Meng in 7:33 by pinfall with a Double Arm DDT.

Cactus calls out The 3 Faces of Fear

Cactus Jack grabs a mic after the match and starts to cut a promo on The 3 Faces of Fear.

Cactus Jack: Kevin, look what I did to your former associate Meng. Look how I've changed into a man you can't control, can't handle, and can't stop! You might have two big goons at your side but I have a little surprise for you...I have friends too Kevin! I have friends willing to have my back and I will have theirs. Cactus Jack is a new man and soon he will be standing over you with his hand raised in victory, bang bang!

Fire and Ice w/Teddy Long Vs The Powers of Pain w/Paul Ellering

WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament Round 1

In a decent match, The Powers of Pain defeated Fire and Ice in 7:54 when The Barbarian defeated Ice Train by pinfall with a Tongan Kick after a distraction from Paul Ellering.

The Giant arrives...

Public Enenmy are in the back getting ready to give a promo about the WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament when The Giant bumps into them and keeps walking. Public Enemy start to yell at The Giant which causes him to come back and attack Public Enemy. The Giant grabs both men by the throat and chokeslams them through tables, leaving them lying in a heap of broken wood and spilled food. The announcers wonder if this means the Nasty Boys will get a win by forfeit later tonight.

The Lords of The Ring Vs Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit

In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, The Lords of the Ring defeated Benoit and Malenko in 7:51 when Rick Martel defeated Chris Benoit by submission with a Boston Crab.

Malenko isn't happy

After the match Dean Malenko gets in the face of Chris Benoit and appears to be upset that they have lost another match. Chris yells back at Dean and seems to be blaming him for the loss. Eventually both men walk away and head to the back but it is clear their team is on shaky ground.

”Black Adonis” Ron Simmons{c} Vs Hercules Hernandez w/Lanny Poffo

WCW TV Title Match

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ron Simmons defeated Hercules Hernandez in 8:10 when Hercules Hernandez got disqualified after refused to let go of Ron Simmons whom he had in a bearhug while Simmons was holding the ropes. Simmons makes defense number 8 of his WCW World Television title.

The Animal Alliance Vs Harlem Heat w/Sister Sherri

In a decent match, Harlem Heat defeated The Animal Alliance in 8:22 when Booker T defeated Koko B. Ware by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick.

Public Enemy are out of the tournament!

Paul Orndorff and Terry Taylor come down to the ring with a mic and a fishbowl full of paper. The announcers are confused and share several theories as Paul starts to talk.

Paul Orndorff: I will not waste any more time than I need to, so please hold your reactions until the end. Now, Terry Taylor is holding a fishbowl full of papers that have the names of every WCW wrestler on them. With Public Enemy hurt from their altercation with The Giant we need a new team to face the Nasty Boys so I will choose two names and they will team up to fill the vacancy.

Paul reaches into the fishbowl and pulls out a name.

Paul Orndorff: The first member of the replacement team is Earl Robert Eaton!

Paul quickly reaches in and pulls out another name from the fishbowl.

Paul Orndorff: And his partner is going to be...Eddy Guerrero! That should make for quite the interesting match, enjoy the rest of the show.

”Hacksaw” Jim Duggan Vs Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy

In a decent match, Terry Gordy defeated Jim Duggan in 8:12 by pinfall after Matt Borne distracted Duggan and Gordy was able to land an Asiatic Spike. Borne quickly ran from ringside as Duggan was being pinned not giving Hacksaw time to retaliate.

The Nasty Boys Vs Eddy Guerrero and Earl Robert Eaton

In a decent match, Eddy Guerrero and Earl Robert Eaton defeated the Nasty Boys in 7:32 when Eddy Guerrero defeated Jerry Sags by pinfall with a Guerrero Bomb.

Dark Sting Vs Mr. J. L.

In a decent match, Dark Sting defeated Mr. J. L. in 8:32 by submission with a Completed Scorpion Deathlock. After the match Mr. J. L. laid on the mat liefeless and EMTs had to put him on a stretcher and carry him out of the arena.

Ultimo Dragon Vs Ric Flair

Ric Flair came out first and the crowd was on the edge of their seats waiting to see who his opponent would be. After a few seconds Ultimo Dragon was announced as his opponent and the crowd booed loudly as the announcers said that slick Ric got one over on them. In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Ric Flair defeated Ultimo Dragon in 7:37 by submission with a Figure-Four Leg Lock.

Sting Vs The Giant

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Sting defeated The Giant in 7:44 by DQ after The Giant's manager Kevin Sullivan tossed a chair into the ring and The Giant used it on Sting.

Cactus makes the save!

Kevin Sullivan and The Giant double teamed Sting when One Man Gang walked out of the back. One Man Gang is halfway down the ramp when Cactus Jack comes running out the back and nails him with a shovel. One Man Gang goes down in a heap and Cactus runs to the ring where he gives The Giant and Kevin Sullivan shots with the shovel to the back. Sting recovers and the two of them clear the ring as WCW Monday Nitro goes off the air.

WCW on the rise!

WCW has made some bold moves lately and thanks to its deals with foreign TV networks the company has now grown to International size. This growth not only makes WCW the biggest wrestling company in America but also the biggest in the world!

WCW Saturday Night!

February 1996 Week 3

Live from: The K. L. Johnson Complex

Attendance: 3,641

Combined TV Ratings: 1.36 (TNT, TSN, Foxtel, Eurosports, and Tokyo Broadcasting System)

Announcers: Tony Schiavone, Steve McMichael, and Larry Zbyszko

Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick Defeated The American Males

Brad Armstrong Defeated Kurasawa

Missy Hyatt Defeated Kimberly in a Bikini Contest

Ultimo Dragon Vs Diamond Dallas Page w/Maxx Muscle

In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Diamond Dallas Page defeated Ultimo Dragon in 8:03 by pinfall.

The Rock N Roll Express Vs State Patrol

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Rock 'n' Roll Express defeated State Patrol in 7:35 when Ricky Morton defeated Lt. James Earl by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick.

Eddy pumps up Eaton

The cameras go backstage and we see Eddy Guerrero pumping up Earl Robert Eaton for his upcoming match with Evad Sullivan.

Eddy Guerrero: Listen holmes, you're no longer just some vato in WCW. No, you're my partner essai and I can't have you losing matches to nobodies like Evad. So I want you to go out there and win holmes, even if you have to be a little sneaky. Then, on Monday Night Nitro you and me will are going to win another match and advance to the Tag Team Tournament finals. Now go out there and show me you deserve to be paired up with a Guerrero.

Eaton looks at Guerrero intensely before he slaps Eddy on the chest.

Earl Robert Eaton: Don't worry essai, I got this!

Eddy looks stunned as Eaton walks off.

Evad Sullivan Vs Earl Robert Eaton

In a terrible match, Earl Robert Eaton defeated Evad Sullivan in 8:25 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam.

Fire and Ice w/Teddy Long Vs Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Fire and Ice defeated Benoit and Malenko in 7:43 when Scott Norton defeated Chris Benoit by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker.

More problems between Benoit and Malenko

After the match Benoit and Malenko get into a shouting match. Things look like they are going to escalate to a fist fight but referee Charles Robinson separates them and Benoit walks off as Malenko eyes him intensely.

Ron Simmons{c} Vs Eddie Boulder

WCW Tv Title Match

In a decent match, Ron Simmons defeated Eddie Boulder in 8:23 by pinfall with a Dominator. Ron Simmons makes defense number 9 of his WCW World Television title.

Koko B. Gone!

Another day, another backstage story out of the WCW locker room. According to our sources, before WCW Saturday Night began, Koko B. Ware decided to pull a rib on Jerry Sags by defecting in his travel bag. When Bill Watts got wind of it, Koko was fired on the spot. Sags, although a bit miffed at what Koko did was quoted as saying “Watts was too harsh on Koko, it wasn't THAT serious.”