AI struggling to book big money foreign signings (with Creative Control?)

Is it possible for the AI to give a bigger push to big money foreign signings?

In my game (1.19 part II), USPW have signed Edward Cornell to a $175k a month contract with Creative Control. However, they don't seem to be able to use him properly - he took 3 months to debut (in a multi-man tag defeat).

Realistically, he is being booked like someone with 31 popularity in the US (which is what he has). However, USPW are paying for someone that they want to strap a rocket too... and they're not.

Whether or not his Creative Control is causing an issue, I don't know, but I expect it is just his lack of overness, along with having other workers more talented on the roster than him that make him not appealing for the AI to book. However, on that basis USPW should have never signed him. I think if somehow big money signings were earmarked for a push by the AI, then they would be able to get better value for money out of their foreign signings. How long they would be earmarked for I don't know - it doesn't have to be the whole length of contract, it could just be a portion of any contract, and if the worker hasn't justified their push by then he's not going to be over pushed any more.

EDIT: I simmed another 4 months, and he didn't wrestle once. That's $1.2 million for one six man tag match in seven months.