GDS Announces WreSpi2 Release Date

For Immediate Release Grey Dog Software Announces Wrestling Spirit 2 Release Date Phoenix, AZ June 14, 2006 – Grey Dog Software, a Phoenix based developer of sports management simulation software for personal computers, today announces “Wrestling Spirit 2” to be released June 29, 2006. “Wrestling Spirit 2” is the sequel to "Wrestling Spirit: Rookie to Legend”, and is scheduled to be available for digital download exclusively through Grey Dog Software for U.S. $24.95. “Wrestling Spirit 2”, created by Adam Ryland, takes lead from its predecessor allowing players to take control of a wrestler, guiding his career through the world title wins, a competitive league, and all the rivalries. With improved graphics, innovative game play modes, and a fine-tuned AI, “Wrestling Spirit 2” turns matches into a battle of wits, proving to be every thinking person’s fighting game. Feature Set: •Two brand new modes: "Pro League" and "World League". What would happen if pro wrestling was organized like a real sport? You can now find out in these innovative new sections, as you take control of a wrestler and take part in a competitive league, battling it out over the course of a season as you fight against fellow grapplers to decide promotions, relegations, and to answer the ultimate question; who is the true world champion of wrestling? •Updated versions of the popular Wrestling Spirit career modes "Rookie to Legend" and "Superstar Challenge". Take control of a wrestler and guide him through his career, fighting his matches, earning new contracts, and making and breaking friendships. Updated to take into account the feedback we have had from WreSpi1 players, these two modes take your wrestling career to the next level! •By popular request, Wrestling Spirit 2 now allows the simulation of CPU vs CPU matches, allowing you to sit back and watch the action unfold. Ideal for e-fed owners, who can use this to simulate entire shows. •Massive gaming depth. After the extreme popularity of the in-depth records found in "Total Extreme Wrestling 2005", WreSpi2 boasts equally expansive data and histories, ranging from complete competitive histories for every character in the game to accurate histories for every title belt. •In-depth editing suite allowing customization of virtually every part of the game world, from what promotions are available to whether a wrestler is bald! Demo Available: Beginning June 22, 2006 Grey Dog Software will offer a free limited-time demo of “Wrestling Spirit 2”. Before purchasing WreSpi2, players will be allowed to download and try out the entire game. ###

[QUOTE]•Updated versions of the popular Wrestling Spirit career modes "Rookie to Legend" and "Superstar Challenge". Take control of a wrestler and guide him through his career, fighting his matches, earning new contracts, and making and breaking friendships. Updated to take into account the feedback we have had from WreSpi1 players, these two modes take your wrestling career to the next level! [/QUOTE] Great news. Can't wait to hear about these updates.

In my "real life" game the most far I went is wrestling bill goldberg for the JAPW(in japan... Global fed).... but I never had a tna or wwe contract.... and I'm in my 10 year of the game.... I've been : 2 time tag team champion in OVW, 1 time Pure heavyweight championin ROH, 2 time tag team champion in ROH, 1 time Can-heavyweight champion in BCW and 2 time world champion in IWC

From rookie it took me 2 1/2 years to become Burning Champ in BHOTWG (over 100 in Japan) and left there to join TCW, lower midcard at 71 over in USA and have completely dominated the indys. But it could help that it was my 3rd or 4th game and I got used th the system and am yet to lose in it.

Wow this is definately sooner than I expected. I was all excited for an August release and this is much better [sorry to state the obvious] but at the same time worse. I was all fine and dandy with an august release but this just built the anticipation too early and I have to change my underpants. Damn you guys at GDS ;) In all seriousness: Should be awesome, I am definately looking forward to the League modes as I've always wondered what if wrestling was run like a sport with divisions and all so is definately cool.

[QUOTE=Tara Clover] Beginning June 22, 2006 Grey Dog Software will offer a free limited-time demo of “Wrestling Spirit 2”. Before purchasing WreSpi2, players will be allowed to download and try out the entire game. ###[/QUOTE] So demo is full game, but you can only use it for a limited time. (Think it's something like 1 month game time for past games such as TEW.)

Archived