Broadcaster Popularity & Ratings Question

This is in regards to the broadcasters sizes. I wanted to reset the sizes of the largest broadcasters in the different game areas and so I'm wondering if the broadcaster sizes are relative or area specific.

Basically I'm wondering if the game takes into account the following when calculating total viewership: If you have a HUGE size broadcaster in Canada, where the total population is 37 million or Australia where the total population is 25 million, is the highest viewership equal to that of a broadcaster that is just HUGE in California where the total population is 39 million?

OR

do I have to limit the max size of broadcasters in certain areas to simulate that population in order to get more realistic relative viewer numbers?

Should the only game areas allowed to have huge broadcasters be India, Japan, the UK, Europe, Mexico, and the U.S.? Thus maxing out Canada and Australia at small or medium.

Would love to know if anyone has already done any testing before I dig in.

This is in regards to the broadcasters sizes. I wanted to reset the sizes of the largest broadcasters in the different game areas and so I'm wondering if the broadcaster sizes are relative or area specific.

Basically I'm wondering if the game takes into account the following when calculating total viewership: If you have a HUGE size broadcaster in Canada, where the total population is 37 million or Australia where the total population is 25 million, is the highest viewership equal to that of a broadcaster that is just HUGE in California where the total population is 39 million?

OR

do I have to limit the max size of broadcasters in certain areas to simulate that population in order to get more realistic relative viewer numbers?

Should the only game areas allowed to have huge broadcasters be India, Japan, the UK, Europe, Mexico, and the U.S.? Thus maxing out Canada and Australia at small or medium.

Would love to know if anyone has already done any testing before I dig in.

I'm pretty sure it takes population into account. I say this because in my current save, I get these messages:

1. We have gained popularity in 6 regions of Canada
  2. We would have gained popularity in 1 region of Canada but were limited by viewers

My popularity is growing everywhere except The Maritimes because it says that region doesn't have enough viewers, despite my broadcaster being the same size throughout Canada.

So I think the broadcaster sizes essentially mean a percentage of that region that watches the channel, and population determines the actual numbers.