WWE New Era: Raw Vs Smackdown 2016 - McMahon vs McMahon

f20d8-15501355260227-800.jpg.45eda4cae1b79bd75d1b328b4b7573fe.jpg

Full Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any of the photos that I use. I am only using them for creative, non-profiting purposes.

WWE New Era: Raw vs Smackdown 2016 - McMahon vs McMahon

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my first diary ever, and I am very excited to start writing this dynasty and see how it plays out. I have been reading up on some other diaries written. I have been nothing but impressed everyone is doing great work! Hopefully, I can keep up to the standard being set.

With that being said, I have chosen a unique era in WWE as my dynasty will be starting the Monday after the Battleground pay-per-view, which saw the Shield triple threat match for the WWE Championship. This was the last pay-per-view before the brand split kicked off entirely. This was WWE's second attempt at the brand split, as they were trying to boost the image of Smackdown from just a "B Show" to be on an equal level and a competitor to Monday Night Raw.

In my opinion, WWE missed out on a lot of opportunities to build young stars and take their product to the next level. The injury to Finn Balor was a big blow to their original plans, but it gave way to Kevin Owens. The goal is to tell the vision that I have for the brand split during this period.

I will start with some of the same storylines to keep a sense of realism.

While I do have a vision for how I want this to play out, I will be asking for readers' opinions and giving out interactive opportunities for you to help shape the storylines and decisions.

I look forward to starting this diary and seeing what kind of dynasty we can build.

Pay-Per-View Schedule

Here are the following pay-per-views that I will be doing for the first part of this diary. If you remember back to 2016 this is when each brand would have their own pay-per views, with the "Big Four" being co-branded pay-per views.

Summerslam: August Week 4 Co-Branded

Backlash: September Week 2 Smackdown only

Clash of Champions: September Week 4 Raw only

No Mercy: October Week One Smackdown only

Hell in a Cell: October Week 4 Raw only

Survivor Series: November Week 3 Co-Branded

WWE TLC: December Week 1 Smackdown only

WWE Roadblock: December Week 3 Raw only

Royal Rumble: January Week 4 Co-Branded

Elimination Chamber: February Week 2 Smackdown only

Fast Lane: March Week 1 Raw only

Wrestlemania 33: March Week 4 Co-Branded

Rosters

Monday Night Raw:

Alicia Fox

Big Cass

Big E

Big Show

Bo Dallas

Bob Backlund

Braun Strowman: Heel

Brian Kendrick: Heel

Brock Lesnar: Heel

Bubba Ray Dudley

Cedric Alexander

Cesaro

Charlotte: Heel

Chris Jericho: Heel

Corey Graves: Heel

Curtis Axel

Dana Brooke: Heel

Darren Young

D-Von Dudley

Enzo Amore

Epico: Heel

Finn Bálor

Goldust

Jack Gallagher: Heel

Jack Swagger: Heel

Karl Anderson: Heel

Kevin Owens: Heel

Kofi Kingston

Lana: Heel

Luke Gallows: Heel

Mark Henry

Michael Cole

Mick Foley

Neville

Nia Jax: Heel

Noam Dar: Heel

Paige

Paul Heyman

Primo: Heel

Renee Young

Roman Reigns

R-Truth

Rusev: Heel

Sami Zayn

Sasha Banks

Seth Rollins: Heel

Sheamus: Heel

Stephanie McMahon

TJ Perkins: Heel

Tyson Kidd

Xavier Woods

Teams:

Enzo and Big Cass

Gallows and Anderson: Heel

Golden Truth

New Day

The Dudley Boyz

The Shining Stars: Heel

Smackdown Live

Aiden English: Heel

AJ Styles: Heel

Alberto Del Rio: Heel

Apollo Crews

Baron Corbin: Heel

Becky Lynch

Bray Wyatt: Heel

Byron Saxton

Chad Gable

Daniel Bryan

David Otunga

Dean Ambrose

Dolph Ziggler

Emma

Erick Rowan: Heel

Fandango

Heath Slater

Jason Jordan

Jey Uso

Jimmy Uso

JBL: Heel

John Cena

Kalisto

Kane: Heel

Konnor: Heel

Luke Harper: Heel

Maryse: Heel

Mauro Ranallo

Naomi

Natalya: Heel

Nikki Bella

Randy Orton

Rhyno

Ryback: Heel

Shane McMahon

Simon Gotch: Heel

Summer Rae

Tamina: Heel

The Miz: Heel

Titus O’Neil

Tyler Breeze

Viktor: Heel

Zack Ryder

Teams:

American Alpha

Breezango

Lucha Dragons

The Ascension: Heel

The Usos

The Vaudevillians: Heel

Wyatt Family: Heel

Champions

WWE Champion: Dean Ambrose

Universal Champion: Vacant

United States Champion: Rusev

Intercontinental Champion: The Miz

Cruiserweight Champion: TJ Perkins

Raw Women's Champion: Sasha Banks

Smackdown Women's Champion: Vacant

Raw Tag Team Champions: The New Day

Smackdown Tag Team Champions: Vacant

Monday Night Raw: August Week One

Monday Night Raw August Week 1

Michael Cole: Welcome, ladies, and gentlemen, to the New Era of Monday Night Raw! I am Michael Cole alongside Corey Graves and Renee Young as we ring in the new era of WWE Monday Night Raw. Just 24 hours removed from the Battleground pay-per view we saw Dean Ambrose retain his WWE championship and take it back to Tuesday nights. Which begs the question what is next for Monday night's?

Corey Graves: Well, Cole, we are about to find out as Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley address the WWE Universe!

Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon and GM Mick Foley stand in the center of the ring as they get ready to address the crowd. "Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Monday Night Raw!" Stephanie says as she points to the titantron. She would go on to introduce Raw General Manager Mick Foley, who brings out all of the superstars onto the entrance ramp. Foley goes on to say, "Since last we lost out on the WWE Championship, we have had to settle for bigger and better things. We had to make our own title. A title that is created for the WWE Universe. One title that will be called the Universal Championship!"

Foley goes on to make his first matches of the night as he announces an eight-man tournament for the right to win the WWE Universal Championship that will conclude at Summerslam! "Tonight we will see the Roman Reigns take on Chris Jericho in our main event! We will also see Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn, Seth Rollins vs Cesaro, and last but not least Finn Balor take on Jack Swagger!" Stephanie adds on by, "Oh! That match starts right now!" (61)

1. Finn Balor vs. Jack Swagger

Finn Balor proved why you don't need size to win. Balor came out of the gate hot, looking to keep Swagger off balance with a fast attack. After a flurry of quick combinations of kicks and punches, Swagger would body slam the Demon and lock in the ankle lock. Just when it looked like Swagger had it locked in, Balor somehow rolled out of the ankle lock, flipping Swagger onto his butt. Balor would proceed to hit a superplex right in the middle of the ring, setting up a Coup de Grace for the finish. (63)

2. Braun Strowman vs. Zack Ryder

Ever since debuting on the main roster with the Wyatt Family, Braun Strowman has been a question mark for much of the WWE. Not much is known about the big man who is now estranged from his leader Bray Wyatt. Strowman would quickly show in his debut singles match on Raw just how dominant he was as he dismantled Zack Ryder. (47)

3. Nia Jax vs. Local Worker

One of NXT's hottest prospects, Nia Jax, sent a message to the rest of the Women's division as she destroyed a local talent in around 8 minutes. The power and strength of the one they call Nia Jax has made her a force to be reckoned with. (10)

New Day Segment

The New Day came down to the ring in a celebratory mood even after their loss to the Wyatt Family in the six-man tag team action the night before at WWE Battleground. Xavier Woods was quick to shrug off the loss to the Wyatts and pointed out that the New Day is the longest-reigning WWE Tag Team Champions. Kofi would need to add on to that by saying that they are the "best tag team in WWE history."

The tag champs were quickly interrupted by a host of teams, including the Dudley Boyz, Enzo and Big Cass, and The Club (Gallows & Anderson). All three teams would try and make their case for title matches with the New Day. The arguing would continue until Mick Foley appeared on the titantron and informed Gallows & Anderson that their match against the Golden Truth was next! (58)

4. Gallows & Anderson, vs. The Golden Truth

Just after they entered the line to face the New Day for the tag team titles. Gallows and Anderson made quick work of the Golden Truth. As the power and speed combination of Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson was too much for R-Truth and Goldust's inexperienced team. (62)

5. Backstage Segment with Seth Rollins, Mick Foley, Stephanie McMahon

Despite losing last night at Battleground, Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley are still backing Seth Rollins to win the Universal title. Rollins walked into the office of Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon and confidently told them that they were looking at "the next Universal Champion!" Stephanie and Mick Foley wished Seth good luck as he walked out of the office. Stephanie and Mick both shared a look as he walked out. (75)

6. Seth Rollins vs. Cesaro

One of the best matches of the night saw Seth Rollins take on the Swiss Superman Cesaro in an entertaining 20-minute match. Both Rollins and Cesaro struggled for control in the match's early goings, as neither man could gain the upper hand. After a failed attempt for a curb stomp by Rollins, Cesaro got Rollins down for the Cesaro swing, just when Sheamus would run down onto the apron and distracted Cesaro. Cesaro would quickly learn never to turn your back on a former WWE Champion as Rollins turned him around into a pedigree. Then finished him off with a curb stomp for the victory. Rollins is onto the next round of the 8-person Universal Championship tournament! (70)

Kevin Owens Interview Segment

We cut backstage to an interview with Kevin Owens as he is preparing for his match against Sami Zayn as a part of the Universal Championship tournament. Owens is asked about the effect the loss last night to Zayn at Battleground is having on him. Owens states that he is ready for tonight's match against Sami Zayn and won't miss out on fighting for the Universal Championship. (54)

7. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn

Just 24 hours after losing at Battleground to the same man he faced Tonight on Raw. Kevin Owens proved that last night was just a fluke and that he is coming for the Universal title. Owens would punish Zayn for much of the match as he had retribution on his mind from the night before. A pop-up powerbomb by KO would see him get past Sami Zayn and into the next round! (68)

8. ©Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks

Raw Women's Championship Match

In a match of two rivals who are always looking to prove who is the better wrestler. We saw both women shine in a decent showdown for the Raw Women's Championship. Multiple attempts of a distraction by Charlotte's "understudy" Dana Brooke wouldn't hold The Boss Sasha Banks back. Charlotte would run into Dana Brooke, standing on the ring apron, and would take out the understudy and allow Banks to go onto the attack and lock in the Banks Statement to secure her first main roster championship reign. (50)

Jericho Backstage Segment

Jericho is seen warming up backstage as he gets ready to take on Roman Reigns in the main event of Monday Night Raw. Jericho would then be interrupted for an interview where they asked for his thoughts on tonight's match against Reigns as a part of the tournament. Jericho would insult the interviewer for interrupting his warm-up and proceed to call him an "Idiot" in typical Jericho fashion. Chris would finish off the interview by stating that Reigns didn't deserve this opportunity. (82)

9. Chris Jericho vs. Roman Reigns

Right before the match, we had a recap of the night by the commentary team. Corey Graves would also mention that only on Monday Night Raw could you see Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Cesaro, and Finn Balor all in action on one night. Roman Reigns lost the match at Battleground after a Dirty Deeds by Dean Ambrose, which confirmed the WWE Championship would stay on Smackdown. Now with a match with Jericho in Raw's main event, could he capitalize on this opportunity to advance in the tournament?

Both men had something to prove as Reigns was coming off a loss, and Jericho was coming off an embarrassing RKO from out of nowhere by Randy Orton during Jericho's "The Highlight Reel." A high-intensity matchup saw both men land big blows. Reigns with a couple of spears and superman punches. Jericho would lock in the Walls of Jericho a few times but was unable to land a codebreaker.

Right when Jericho was down and out, and it was looking like a Reigns victory. Reigns signaled that the ending was near as he stalked Jericho as he struggled to get up, Reigns charged for the spear but was hit by a codebreaker. Jericho crawled into the cover for a 1...2… "Kick out at TWO!" Michael Cole screamed. Roman Reigns was the first one to his feet as Jericho pleaded with the referee. Jericho would turn around into a spear as Reigns is into the next round. (62)

Overall: 60

CT Mohegan Sun Arena in front of 10,783

f20d8-15501355260227-800.jpg.34f64c7231ddf0d4b4784c760c7c13c8.jpg