Creating a venue?

So for the first time in a long time I am actually playing a game as Big Japan and having a great time. By playing, I mean I am not cheating and just adding money to my company via the editor. I am really trying to play realistically, trying to look at contract costs, booking cheaper guys while trying to sell tickets, etc. It's turned into a lot more fun this way as I am exploring tons of areas of the game I usually ignore.

Something that has come to mind is creating my own venue. BJW does have a dojo/warehouse where they have ran empty arena shows, so I am wondering what the economics are of creating a small, 100 capacity venue (only costs $2,400 to do that) and getting the 40% reduction in payments for the talent I book on the show.

Has anyone created a venue like this? How does it work out financially in the long run? Are ticket sales impacted or reduced? Any advice on this is helpful. Thanks.