GameSpy Review

Hey i didn't see this review before. I'm actually liking these reviews (for whatever reason) a lot better than the reviews for TEW were. I think that the reviewers seem to be more unbiased and are actually helping me decide on getting it or not. However Adam I've got one question. When I downloaded TEW for the first time a long time ago the E-License software installed this program/spyware/whatever it was onto my comp I'm not sure what it is but when I opened my Ctrl + Alt + delete it was shown as RunService.exe Anyways shortly after I downloaded it, whether it be coincidence or not. I started getting popups randomly whenever I was connected to the internet. It really sucked. Not really sure if it was the cause or not BUT every time I started my comp I would delete it out of my Ctrl + Alt + Delete menu and the popus and internet slowdown would stop. So I THINK that was it. I tried every means I could think of to get rid of it but finally my comp got a virus from something unrelated to it anyways so I ended up just reformatting. I never bought TEW because of it and I'm thinking I really want to try downloading WreSpi and giving it a go but my comp is very clean right now and I want to keep it that way. So if you or anyone else can give me some info on whether or not the e-license junk still comes with the runservice.exe I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. ;)

Runservice.exe manages the programs that you purchsed using e-licensing. It is a copy protection scheme. However, that should be totally unrelated to the spyware and virus problem. I am an active visitor and poster to the forums of Out of the Park Baseball and Front Office Football which both use Elicense as it's method of distribution. I've never seen reports of what you described or virus' caused by Runservice.exe

[QUOTE=Gamespy]The audio features some British guy commenting on the action following simple triggers (i.e. executing a nerve pinch causes him to say, "Oh, the pain! It's a nerve pinch!"). [/QUOTE] That made me crack up when I read it,Refering to Adam as some british guy.

no I know it didn't cause the virus I said that I got that in something unrelated. Lol downloading crap off KLR is what got me the virus but I think just to be safe I'm gonna go ahead and wait to get a virus scanner in a few months before I download this game. ^_^ It'll take me a few months to d/l it anyways cus I'm still caveman with my 56k modem lol. I suppose there's no chance of you releasing a smaller sized version Adam? Perhaps with no commentary or music as I will turn those off anyways and those I know take up lots of space.

Try downloading AVG antivirus from Grisoft. AVG has a FREE version that you can use for free, and you dont have to wait to get it. Also try using a download booster like GetRight or Go!Zilla as they "remember" where you were in the download and continue where you left off so you dont have to redownload the full thing everytime. Get those two programs and you can be back at it.

Not to slag the product, because I admire it, but AVG isn't the best of choices for an anti-virus program. There has been several comparisons of the available anti-virus programs out there, and AVG doesn't scale out very well. Granted, it's free - but you sometimes get what you pay for. In this case, nothing. I strongly recommend Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security package. You get a month of free use (much better than Norton & McAfee), it's cheaper, [i]and[/i] it is comparable to the Big Guys in the security it provides. Now -- on topic. I wrote my congrats on the original post, but I thought I would repeat it here: Congrats for the solid review, Mr. Ryland (and Grey Dog)! It's always great when obscure games/genres get the treatment from the bigger game review sites; it's icing on the cake when it's a game I actually enjoy.

Archived