No this isn't the Australian WCW, it is the actual World Championship Wrestling we've grown to love. Ever wondered what it would be like if WCW actually started in 1983. Except this will start with Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, which in my opinion was basically WCW. But it's technically not. Oh well, the story starts at the Grady Cole Center in Charlotte, NC. [B][COLOR="Red"]Flair:[/COLOR][/B] You booked me for a Title Match tonight, correct? [COLOR="Blue"][B]Crockett:[/B][/COLOR] Yup, we need to kick off the new year with a bang. If we're to be succesful this year, we need to have a great Main Event. [B][COLOR="Magenta"][COLOR="Red"]Flair:[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] Well, who am I booked against, Sarge again? [B][COLOR="Blue"]Crockett:[/COLOR][/B] Actually, we're planning on having him and Kernodle defend their straps of gold tonight as well. [B][COLOR="Red"]Flair:[/COLOR][/B] So my opponent is... [B][COLOR="Blue"]Crockett:[/COLOR][/B] Wahoo McDaniel, now go get your gear, we're going to have a busy night tonight. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Red"]MACW In Your Town![/COLOR][/B] -------------------------------------- [I]Tuesday, Week 1, January 1983[/I] -------------------------------------- [I][U]Pre-Show[/U][/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Angelo Mosca Jr.[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Blue"]The Great Kabuki[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]A quick match between the two, Angelo Jr. didn't come out of the match looking good. The Great Kabuki wins by countout.[/COLOR] [B]Winner by Countout:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Great Kabuki[/COLOR] at 4:17 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Yellow"]C+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Sgt. Slaughter had a pre-recorded interview with Paul Jones about him and his tag team partner Don Kernodle as NWA Tag-Team Champions.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]B[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Red"]Mark Youngblood[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Randy Mulkey[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]These two were definitely off their game tonight, although it was booked to gain more attention to the youngsters of MACW. Mark Youngblood won cleanly when he delivered Mulkey a Leaping Tomahawk Chop for the pin.[/COLOR] [B]Winner:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Mark Youngblood[/COLOR] at 5:05 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="red"]E[/COLOR] [I]Mark Youngblood is improving in Performance Skills[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="seagreen"]The announcers put over the fact that tonight for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship we will see[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Wahoo McDaniel[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]take on[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Ric Flair.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Paul Jones, Bob Caudle, and Tony Schiavone welcome the fans in the audience for MACW In Your Town! Caudle then shows a pre-recorded interview with Harley Race. The King says that he deserves to be the #1 Contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and he will be in the arena next week to challenge Ric Flair.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Bob Caudle came out of this overwhelming.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Red"]Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kerndole[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Rufus R. Jones & Bugsy McGraw[/COLOR][[/B]B] - NWA WORLD TAG TITLES[/B] [I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]A great title match to open up the first show of the new year, Jones and McGraw were able to mount some good offense. So was the NWA Tag Champs, the match played out to the heels favor, getting in some dirty moves while at it. The match ended when Sgt. Slaughter pinned Bugsy McGraw with Underhanded Tactics.[/COLOR][/I] [B]Winners and still champs:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Don Kernodle and Sgt. Slaughter at 5:54.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]B[/COLOR] [I]Don Kernodle improving in Performance Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Rowdy" Roddy Piper[/COLOR] [COLOR="seagreen"]is shown backstage hyping himself and why he should soon be crowned the NWA United States Champion. He also says he will be in action next week.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="royalblue"]A[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Teddy Long comes down to the podium and announces that he'll be debuting with his new tag team soon. And he plans on taking the NWA World Tag Team Championships with him. No Holla Holla here.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Yellow"]C+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Red"]Greg Valentine[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Ricky Steamboat[/COLOR] - NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP[/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]An awesomely booked match, featured many high spots in it. Valentine hit some cheap shots on Steamboat, but The Dragon countered them and started pounding in some offense of his own. A high-spot was when Steamboat hit a cross-body from the top rope, but he nearly had the pin. Late in the match though Valentine knocked Steamboat out of the ring and won after the 10-count.[/COLOR] [B]Winner and still champ by countout:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Greg Valentine at 6:34[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]A*[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]The Dragon is shown frustrated backstage, he gathers his stuff into his bag and quickly storms out of the locker room, he's shown getting into an awaiting car and he leaves the parking lot.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]A*[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]A music video is shown for NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair. It shows him lifting weights, and running on a treadmill. Ric then talks about the training he does to become a champion like him. It ends with the Nature Boy flexing his right bicep.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]A*[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Red"]Wahoo McDaniel [/COLOR]vs. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Ric Flair[/COLOR] - NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: STEEL CAGE MATCH[/B] Once again following the past segments, this match was pure gold, it was escape rules, Flair had an advantage early until McDaniel had an eye rake take down the champ. The Grumpy Native American came close to climbing out of the cage but the champ still had some fight in him. The Nature Boy locked in the Figure-Four Leg Lock, leaving Wahoo down. Flair scaled the cage and then went down the other side to retain his title. [B]Winner and still champ:[/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Ric Flair[/COLOR] at 8:23 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A*[/COLOR] ----------------------------END OF SHOW--------------------------------- [I]Overall Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] RESULTS The Great Kabuki def. Angelo Mosca Jr. Mark Youngblood def. Randy Mulkey Sgt Slaughter & Don Kernodle def. Rufus Jones & Bugsy McGraw to retain Tag Titles. Greg Valentine def. Ricky Steamboat to retain United States Title. Ric Flair def. Wahoo McDaniel to retain NWA World Heavyweight Title. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling brings in 67,283 watchers on Heartland Cable East. MACW has signed a PPV contract with Public Access Select MACW has signed these following wrestlers, Sting, Ultimate Warrior, Road Warrior Animal, Road Warrior Hawk, and Jim Duggan.

Wednesday, Week 1, January 1983 [COLOR="SeaGreen"]After a great show, Jim Crockett congratulated his roster on a good first show, the next event, the tv show Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling was to be taped tommorow in North Carolina, so a short drive was in order. He got on a bus and rode to Greenville, NC. Where the tv taping was about to begin.[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING [/COLOR]- Greenville, NC. --------------------------------- Wednesday, Week 1, Jan. 1983 --------------------------------- [I][U]Pre-Show:[/U][/I] [COLOR="royalblue"]Angelo Mosca Jr.[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]George South[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Long for a pre-show match, these two did not click at all. Their performances were really off. After a small brawl, trading blows back and forth, back and forth. Mosca Jr. snuck in a Rolling Reverse, covering South for the 1...2...3.[/COLOR] [B]Winner:[/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Angelo Mosca Jr.[/COLOR] in 4:28 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="seagreen"]A graphic is shown saying that the 'King' Harley Race will be at the show tonight and plans to say a few words.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Another 15-second graphic is shown saying that Rowdy Roddy Piper will be in Greenville tonight.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Blue"]The Mulkey Brothers[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]The Assasins[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Good match for the pre-show but it didn't live up to it's potential in my opinion. The teams' performances were good, the match was used to increase the Mulkey's skills, to possible put them into the main show as a team soon. Assassin #2 pinned Bill Mulkey with underhanded tactics.[/COLOR] [B]Winners:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Assasins[/COLOR] in 5:34 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]C[/COLOR] [I]Bill Mulkey is improving in Performance skills. Randy Mulkey is improving in Technical and Performance skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Bob Caudle is at the announcing booth and announces that NWA Tag Team Champ, Sgt. Slaughter is the #1 Contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]B[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]MAIN SHOW[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Angelo Mosca[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Rufus R. Jones[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Good opening match for the first tv taping of the year. Angelo Mosca defeated Jones when he kept Rufus out of the ring for 10 seconds after a clothesline over the ropes.[/COLOR] [B]Winner by Countout:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Angelo Mosca[/COLOR] in 5:08. [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Yellow"]C+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Teddy Long comes out to the ring with a microphone, yesterday he promised that he'd introduce his tag team to the world. He brings out MACW native-americans Mark and Jay Youngblood. Long promises that next week at In Your Town! That the Youngbloods will take the NWA World Tag Team Titles from Don Kernodle & Sgt. Slaughter.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]C-[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Blue"]The Youngbloods[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]The Great Kabuki & Nikita Koloff[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Good debut for The Youngbloods underneath Teddy Long's guidance. Kabuki and Koloff didn't make a good tag team, so next time I'm using Ivan instead of Kabuki. Good tag team match, Jay pinned Nikita with a Rolling Reverse.[/COLOR] [B]Winners:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]The Youngbloods[/COLOR] in 2:57 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]B[/COLOR] [I]Mark Youngblood improving in Performance Skills, Nikita Koloff improving in Rumble Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Celebrating their win, The Youngbloods raise their hands along with their manager until Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kernodle hit the ring. They both get in and start attacking the Native-Americans. Teddy Long bailed and couldn't believe what was happening. The NWA Champs leave.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="seagreen"]B-[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="seagreen"]Paul Jones is shown backstage with 'The King' Harley Race. Race said that it wouldn't be long until The King has the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. And he would do anything to get it.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Red"]Ivan Koloff[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Ricky Steamboat[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Apparently the way Steamboat is performing he's going to be pushed to Main Eventer in no time. Power vs. Speed match basically, Steamboat pulled the big W out with a Flying Body Press on Koloff for the victory.[/COLOR] [B]Winner:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Ricky Steamboat[/COLOR] in 5:58 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Ivan Koloff is improving in Performance Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]David Crockett is backstage in the locker room and manages to get a few words with Ricky Steamboat. Ricky says that after that "controversial" loss yesterday against Greg Valentine, Steamboat challenges Greg Valentine for one more match for the United States Championship.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]B-[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="seagreen"]Roddy Piper is in the ring and starts talking about Wahoo McDaniel. He taunts him a little bit, but the Native American doesn't show up. Piper then says that Wahoo McDaniel was named Wahoo because that's what his brain thinks of. A big pile of crazy Wahoo.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A*[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Red"]Don Kernodle[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Roddy Piper[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]After his interview Piper faces Kernodle, Kernodle manages to sneak some offense in and so does Piper. Roddy attempts a flying punch and nails it. Allowing Piper to lock in a Sleeperhold which makes Kernodle go off to dreamland.[/COLOR] [B]Winner by Submission:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Roddy Piper[/COLOR] in 7:20 [I]Roddy Piper is improving in Flying Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Sgt. Slaughter is backstage and tells tales of what it was like to serve in the army. The Sarge says just like in Boot Camp, Ric Flair will be like a 200lb sack of flour, he'll throw him around the ring. What do you think of that, maggot!?[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Blue"]Ric Flair[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Bugsy McGraw[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]What can I say, I ran out of heels. In this non-title match, basically a job match for Flair. Ric tried not to overpower McGraw, but Bugsy couldn't keep up. The bout felt awkward as the two didn't click together. Flair wins with a Small Package.[/COLOR] [B]Winner:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Ric Flair[/COLOR] in 3:57 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Green"]B+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="green"]Ric Flair celebrates with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in the ring when all of a sudden Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kernodle show up on the ramp. Wahoo McDaniel emerges from the crowd while Harley Race shows up from behind the announcer's table. They all storm the ring and take down Flair. They continuously stomp on him until Race gets Flair up, Slaughter takes the title belt and smashes it across Flair's forehead.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] ---------------------------END OF SHOW---------------------------------- Results: [COLOR="Green"]B+[/COLOR] Angelo Mosca Jr. def. George South The Assasins def. The Mulkey Brothers Angelo Mosca def. Rufus R. Jones The Youngbloods def. The Great Kabuki & Nikita Koloff Ricky Steamboat def. Ivan Koloff Roddy Piper def. Don Kernodle Ric Flair def. Bugsy McGraw

Agh!!! My old post got deleted I think. Agh!!! I'll just skip forward to next week, because either the post got deleted or my computer has gone crazy. BTW, MACW has signed a PPV deal, we've also signed Jim Duggan, The Road Warriors, and The Blade Runners. [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]MACW IN YOUR TOWN![/COLOR][/SIZE] - Knott Arena [U][I]Pre-Show[/I][/U] [B][COLOR="Red"]George South[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Rufus R. Jones[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]These two wrestlers really didn't seem to click in the opening bout. But the overall match wasn't that bad. Rufus pinned South after a Leaping Headbutt.[/COLOR] [B]Winner:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Rufus R. Jones[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]C-[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Caudle, Jones, and Crockett put over the fact that tommorow on tv, Sgt. Slaughter will take on The Nature Boy Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Blue"]Angelo Mosca Jr.[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Warrior[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]In a match between the two young stars, and Warrior's debut, these two battled well but the match rating didn't go over too well. Mosca Jr. pinned Ultimate Warrior with a Rolling Reverse.[/COLOR] [B]Winner:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Angelo Mosca Jr.[/COLOR] in 3:55 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Blue"]Randy Mulkey[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]The Great Kabuki[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]This match I really didn't care who won it but I learned something from this match, stick the Mulkeys to tag team wrestling. The Great Kabuki pinned Randy Mulkey using the ropes for leverage.[/COLOR] [B]Winner:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Great Kabuki[/COLOR] in 3:51 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SandyBrown"]C[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [SIZE="2"]MAIN SHOW[/SIZE] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]The show starts showing Sgt. Slaughter win a fake award, given to him by Paul Jones. Don Kernodle hands The Sarge the award for manhandling NWA World Heavyweight Champ Ric Flair last week. Wahoo McDaniel, Greg Valentine, Harley Race, and the Assasins are in the crowd.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] [I]Don Kernodle is improving his Performance Skills, Wahoo McDaniel is improving his Performance Skills, Assasin #2 is improving his Performance Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Red"]The Koloffs[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]The Road Warriors[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]In this tag-team bout, The Road Warrioirs tried to defeat the experienced Koloffs. But Nikita and Ivan's power was too strong for Animal and Hawk. Road Warrior Hawk was counted out fighting with Ivan Koloff.[/COLOR] [B]Winners by Countout:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Koloffs[/COLOR] in 5:41 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Ivan Koloff is improving his Rumble Skills, Road Warrioir Animal is improving his Performance Skills, Road Warrior Hawk is improving his Rumble Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="seagreen"]A video plays hyping Greg Valentine vs. Ricky Steamboat for the NWA United States Championship.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Rowdy Roddy Piper is in the ring and starts nagging on Wahoo McDaniel yet again. This time the Native American comes out of the crowd and nails Piper with a lariat, he continues beating on Piper until Jack Brisco comes running down from the back and chases Wahoo off.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Red"]Jim Duggan[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Jimmy Valiant[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]A good match overall, with Duggan taking out his 2x4 and barely missing Valiant, the weak performance of Hacksaw stood out, Valiant nailed the Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop to get the win.[/COLOR] [B]Winner:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Jimmy Valiant[/COLOR] in 5:38 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]B[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="seagreen"]Bob Caudle is backstage with NWA Champ Ric Flair, Flair is holding his ribs as he tells Caudle and warns Sgt. Slaughter that tommorow on Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, he's not taking the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from him, because it will be a Submission Match![/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Red"]Angelo Mosca[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Jerry Brisco[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]A good match between the two veterans, Mosca nearly pinned Brisco with a roll up, but this didn't stop the younger of the Briscos. Brisco made Angelo tap with the Figure-Four Leg Lock.[/COLOR] [B]Winner by Submission:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Jerry Brisco[/COLOR] in 3:46 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Jerry Brisco is improving his Performance Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]A graphic is shown saying that there will be a four-team tournament to decide the #1 Contenders to the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles. The Blade Runners vs. The Koloffs The Assasins vs. The Road Warriors. WILL HAPPEN TOMMOROW!!![/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Blue"]The Youngbloods[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle[/COLOR] - NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES[/B] [I]In this recently-hyped match, Slaughter and Kernodle had the upper hand early but The Youngbloods called upon the ancient spirits to help them, in the end Kernodle whacked Jay Youngblood with a chair to end the match under DQ.[/I] [B]Winners by DQ:[/B] The Youngbloods, Slaughter & Kernodle retain NWA Tag Team Titles in 6:51 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Youngblood is improving in Performance Skills, Mark Youngblood is improving in Technical Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]After their succesful victory well sort of, Sgt. Slaughter and Don Kernodle celebrate in the ring with the NWA World Tag Team Titles. They mock The Youngbloods and stomp on them some more.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="seagreen"]B[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Blue"]Ricky Steamboat[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Greg Valentine[/COLOR] - NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP[/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]A good high-flying, technical match. Valentine nearly had the Figure-Four locked in when Steamboat rolled out of it and nails the Flying Body Press for the win, Steamboat's performances are so good lately he'll be a Main Eventer in no time![/COLOR] [B]Winner and NEW US CHAMP:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Ricky Steamboat![/COLOR] in 3:35 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A*[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- END OF SHOW: [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]RATING: A[/COLOR] RESULTS Rufus R. Jones def. George South Angelo Mosca Jr. def. Ultimate Warrior The Great Kabuki def. Randy Mulkey The Koloffs def. The Road Warriors Jimmy Valiant def. Jim Duggan Jerry Brisco def. Angelo Mosca Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle def. The Youngbloods to retain NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES Ricky Steamboat def. Greg Valentine to become the new NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPION

Wednesday, Week 2, January 1983 [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]MID-ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING[/SIZE][/COLOR] Live from the Akron Armory in Akron, OH. [U][I]Pre-Show[/I][/U] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Angelo Mosca Jr.[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]The Great Kabuki[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Basically this is a rematch from a week ago, Angelo looking for the win. Also, currently I have no plans for Kabuki. Angelo nailed a DDT and nearly won the match but Kabuki took this to his advantage, took a chair, and pulled an Eddie. (Tossed the chair to Angelo and then acted like he got laid out.) Pee Wee Anderson had no choice but to DQ Angelo.[/COLOR] [B]Winner by DQ:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Great Kabuki[/COLOR] in 4:32 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SandyBrown"]C[/COLOR] [I]Angelo Mosca Jr. is improving in Technical Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Bugsy McGraw & Rufus R. Jones give a vicious promo in which they taunt The Assassins relentlessly.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SandyBrown"]C[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Blue"]Rufus R. Jones & Bugsy McGraw[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="blue"]The Mulkey Brothers[/COLOR] -MID-ATLANTIC TAG TEAM TITLES[/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]In this special pre-show title match contest, I covered up the Mulkey's weaknesses in this match to make the match better, well, it didn't. Rufus pinned Bill Mulkey after a freight train to win the match and retain the gold.[/COLOR] [B]Winners and still champs:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Rufus R. Jones & Bugsy McGraw[/COLOR] in 3:57 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Bill Mulkey is improving in Performance Skills, Randy Mulkey is improving in Performance Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Bob Caudle & David Crockett talk about Ricky Steamboat's win last night: The cameras return to the podium, where Bob Caudle and David Crockett greet the audience. Mr. Caudle starts it off by telling the viewers that David Crockett has an important announcement... "That's right, Mr. Caudle", David Crockett addresses with pride, "I am proud to announce that we have a new Champion: Ricky Steamboat. The Dragon overcame the impossible by winning that title, and we would like to congratulate his accomplishment."[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Yellow"]C+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]MAIN SHOW[/SIZE][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Red"]The Koloffs[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="red"]Sting & Ultimate Warrior[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]A match between heel-teams, the fans never really got on either side of the team. Ultimate Warrior didn't come out of this match looking good. Ivan Koloff pinned Sting using Underhanded Tactics.[/COLOR] [B]Winners:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Koloffs[/COLOR] in 3:32 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SandyBrown"]C[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]A hype video is played for the Submission match Main Event between Sgt. Slaughter and Ric Flair coming up soon.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Yellow"]C+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="red"]The Assasins[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]The Road Warriors[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Apparently we can't get our match ratings so far above a C, Animal and Hawk were great as a team, nearly connected with the doomsday device but Assasin #2 low-blowed Hawk and rolled him up to score the victory.[/COLOR] [B]Winners:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Assasins[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SandyBrown"]C[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Rowdy Roddy Piper is backstage talking once again on about how Wahoo McDaniel attacked him yesterday, Piper challenges McDaniel to a match for MACW On Tour! (Jan) He also thanks Jack Brisco for saving his skin yesterday.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Yellow"]C+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Blue"]Jimmy Valiant[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Harley Race[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]In a match between veterans of the mat game, Valiant missed a Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop early on, allowing Race to roll up Valiant for a 2. Race delivers a piledriver then uses the ropes for leverage to score the win.[/COLOR] [B]Winner:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Harley Race[/COLOR] in 5:33 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] (finally!) -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Highlights of the recent title bout between Ricky Steamboat and Greg Valentine are played in a video package.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Yellow"]C+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Teddy Long comes down to the ring and says that yesterday's tainted World Tag Team Championship Match will not be the end of this feud, he says that he has permission from Jimmy Crockett that next week on Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, it will be The Youngbloods vs. Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle for the NWA World Tag Team Championships![/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]C-[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Red"]Don Kernodle[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Jerry Brisco[/COLOR] - MID-ATLANTIC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP[/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]In a match to decide the vacant MAHC, Brisco and Kernodle put on a whale of a fight. At one instance, Kernodle whacked Brisco with a steel chair, Jerry then came back fists flying, he soon tripped Don and locked in a Figure-Four Leg Lock, Jerry Brisco wins the title.[/COLOR] [B]Winner and new CHAMP:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Jerry Brisco![/COLOR] in 4:40 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Don Kernodle is improving in Technical Skills.[/I] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="seagreen"]Jerry Brisco is celebrating his victory in the ring. Kernodle and Wahoo run in and attack, beating Jerry Brisco down into the mat. Jack Brisco and Roddy Piper run down and chase the two off.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="yellow"]C+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][COLOR="Red"]Sgt. Slaughter[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Ric Flair[/COLOR] - NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP SUBMISSION MATCH[/B] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]In what turns out to be an excellent fight for a place we're not completely popular in. Slaughter had Flair in the Cobra Clutch, Flair nearly submitted but dropped Slaughter to the mat. Flair delivered some tough chops in the corner but the Sarge locked in the Cobra Clutch again, this time Flair hit a leg trip and locked in the Figure-Four Leg Lock, securing Flair's win and the belt.[/COLOR] [B]Winner and still Champ:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Ric Flair![/COLOR] in 8:41 [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Marking up the end of the show, Flair gets out of the ring with the title belt and goes into the crowd, celebrating with the fans.[/COLOR] [I]Rating:[/I] [COLOR="seagreen"]B[/COLOR] --------------------------------END OF SHOW----------------------------- Overall Rating: [COLOR="seagreen"]B[/COLOR] (increased pop.) RESULTS: The Great Kabuki def. Angelo Mosca Jr. Rufus Jones & Bugsy McGraw def. The Mulkey Bros. to retain Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles The Koloffs def. The Blade Runners The Assasins def. The Road Warriors Harley Race def. Jimmy Valiant Jerry Brisco def. Don Kernodle to become the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair def. Sgt. Slaughter to retain the NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Archived