[RELEASE] Territory Daze

I made a loading screen for this era based on the newsletter. If it gains enough traction and plenty of people wish to use it, I may even do a few alternatives with other "Top Tips". So yeah, feel free to use it if you like it and please let me know whether you want others or not:

uRmwNNL.jpg

zDU9WPr.jpg

Now I want a whole skin pack for this modpack after seeing this, great job Mammoth!

I just downloaded the demo on Saturday and after messing around a little with it, I found this mod and got it set up. This has probably sold me on the game since this is the time I was growing up watching Portland Wrestling every Saturday night. So many names and personas that I remember but almost as many I'd forgotten about. Awesome work! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
I just downloaded the demo on Saturday and after messing around a little with it, I found this mod and got it set up. This has probably sold me on the game since this is the time I was growing up watching Portland Wrestling every Saturday night. So many names and personas that I remember but almost as many I'd forgotten about. Awesome work! Thank you!

The detail in this mod is amazing. I'm enjoying booking Tri-State and learning about the guys working that territory before I started watching in the mid-70s.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely awesome mod with all that depth into it.

Thank you for the work :)

Could you add some more European workers in the next update?

Georg Blemenschütz, Rene Lasartesse, Axel Dieter, Franz van Buyten, Klaus Kauroff, Jacques Ducrez and René Ben Chemoul would be great to have in the database. All of them worked in the UK and/or Japan during that era

• 3 weeks later...

TERRITORY DAZE 2.0

This is a substantial update, hence why I'm officially calling it Territory Daze 2.0. I won't bang on about what's new and instead let you guys see for yourselves but I think the big headline is that I've added over THREE HUNDRED workers. As always, I hope you enjoy.

uOcXlG9.png

WOkXMuS.png

Direct Links

Database - Pictures

Grey Dog Software has recently made it very clear that we aren't allowed to link directly to donations on their forums to ensure they're covered if anything was to go wrong, but they've graciously allowed people to do it through third party websites such as social media. Therefore, I've created a Twitter account to simply link people to my (or more importantly my wife's) PayPal account. Please be aware that all my modifications are and ALWAYS WILL BE freeware and I do them because I enjoy it, but if you would like to give me something in return then it'll be truly appreciated. Thanks.

Link: Click Me

Thank you Mammoth! Wonderful work as always.

I've played around with psychology, microphone, and selling so much with yet to debut workers and have yet to find the sweet spot on rating them. Originally, I set it lower because they seem to "grow" so fast them early years. However, doing that it had a lot of them sitting around not getting offers.

Have you done testing the Ric Flair's(68 psych, 69 mic, 77 sel) and found that to be the right number? Them numbers would seem high to me but maybe that is what works the best. I know you like to make challenging mods that aren't loaded with 100 rated matches.

Appreciate everything you do for the community.

Thank you Mammoth! Wonderful work as always.

I've played around with psychology, microphone, and selling so much with yet to debut workers and have yet to find the sweet spot on rating them. Originally, I set it lower because they seem to "grow" so fast them early years. However, doing that it had a lot of them sitting around not getting offers.

Have you done testing the Ric Flair's(68 psych, 69 mic, 77 sel) and found that to be the right number? Them numbers would seem high to me but maybe that is what works the best. I know you like to make challenging mods that aren't loaded with 100 rated matches.

Appreciate everything you do for the community.

Honestly, I haven't done any extensive testing in this area. Like everything, I go by my gut and a general knowledge of TEW mechanics, put it out there and then alter things if necessary based on peoples feedback. In the case of Ric Flair, he started out "good" and obviously turned into one of the best ever so if his psychology and microphone skills go up by 20-30 points in the next few years, that doesn't worry me in the slightest and is largely realistic. Or, if he gets a bad destiny roll and he doesn't turn into one of the best in the world, I actually don't mind that either because I like seeing how the game world develops with different stars rather than those we saw in real life. As you say, it's about finding a balance. Wrestlers who never really developed into anything special are naturally built lower so it's harder for them to become a star, unless they themselves get a hefty destiny roll. You're never going to get everything right so honestly, I don't even try. xD

Thank you very much for the kind comments. Whether you change statistics or not, I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Honestly, I haven't done any extensive testing in this area. Like everything, I go by my gut and a general knowledge of TEW mechanics, put it out there and then alter things if necessary based on peoples feedback. In the case of Ric Flair, he started out "good" and obviously turned into one of the best ever so if his psychology and microphone skills go up by 20-30 points in the next few years, that doesn't worry me in the slightest and is largely realistic. Or, if he gets a bad destiny roll and he doesn't turn into one of the best in the world, I actually don't mind that either because I like seeing how the game world develops with different stars rather than those we saw in real life. As you say, it's about finding a balance. Wrestlers who never really developed into anything special are naturally built lower so it's harder for them to become a star, unless they themselves get a hefty destiny roll. You're never going to get everything right so honestly, I don't even try. xD

Thank you very much for the kind comments. Whether you change statistics or not, I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Thanks for the reply. I don't change your stats as they are very well done. I do have a huge database of yet to debut workers(accumulation of numerous mods that I have messed around with) so I try to get them aligned to match your yet to debut workers however. The Ric Flair example makes a lot of sense.

I like your 1970 mod, because gave me the opportunity to reboot all wrestling world since the beggining, I made an alliance to compete with NWA in 8 years I have had heavyweight champions like Lou Thesz, Billy Watson, The Sheik, Mil Mascaras, Antonio Inoki, Verne Gagne, Billy Robinson, Nick Bockwinkel, Andre the Giant, etc... Awesome, Junior Heavyweights with El Santo, Blue Demon !!!

TERRITORY DAZE 2.0

This is a substantial update, hence why I'm officially calling it Territory Daze 2.0. I won't bang on about what's new and instead let you guys see for yourselves but I think the big headline is that I've added over THREE HUNDRED workers. As always, I hope you enjoy.

uOcXlG9.png

WOkXMuS.png

Direct Links

Database - Pictures

Thanks Mammoth!

Your work in this mod is really important to this community and i'm very excited to play this new version, i'm downloading!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finished up 1970 last night, which makes this a long term game for me. Thank you for the hours of entertainment.

{note: my game is heavily edited from the original database) After a year of game time, my promotion, which used to be Tri-State, is poised to go national. I'm at 83 pop in Mid south and 82 in Southeast, 68 everywhere else. Got a self-owned broadcaster, just sold out Reliant Stadium(75K) for my season finale event, won most of the year end awards, etc. :)