Working on a new Original Data set

Ok, so this is going to be a long ramble I'd bet. I've been wanting to do something like this since back when EWR 4.0 was king of games, and I've just never got around to actually getting started and keeping myself motivated on it. I'm planning to make an original data pack for TEW '05. Luckily, there are lots of wonderful people here with experience, who have been more than willing to lend a hand. With my birthday coming up, I'm going to pick up a full copy of TEW 05 for my birthday. I've been toying around with the demo some, and have started working on the stats for the first promotion's roster. While the rough draft of this roster is nearly done, I don't want the stats to be too high, or too low, especially considering it's just a regional promotion. Once I get through with each promotion, either I'll run a test on it, or I'll get someone with more experience for what they're looking for to, and we'll see what we need to done down, or make better. Anyways, the reason I'm posting this at such an early time, is to give other people the chance to get involved. If you have ideas you've wanted to see tied into a world through promotions, future promotions, characters, feel free to PM me or post here with any details. I'm always looking for more characters to add into the database, especially if you've got some idea for the character beyond just stats. Notes will be taken when added, so I can attempt and put together information packets from time to time and let people get to know the characters involved in the database, and whatever past they may have. This is set to go back to January, 1996, so if you're looking to bring them in as young rookies, 1977 would be 18 years old for them. Can use that to get an idea for the birth year you'de want. Thanks to TCP1 for allowing me to use the injuries, match types, and gimmicks from his data pack. It's saved me a lot of work having to go back through and do those. While you may see a bit more, thanks go to TCP, and whoever aided him in his. If anyone has any location/other tv shows/tv networks/PPV carriers, from around '96, and don't mind me using them, that'd be a huge step as well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've thought about the loss of interest a lot of people tend to suffer. But this is for me...really. There's a story I've always wanted to tell, that I know I can through TEW 05, and that's why I'm setting this up. That's why the date's rolled back to '96. It was the year of the debut of the first of my three major wrestling characters. I can't see myself losing interest, because in the end, the fun I get to have, far surpasses the strain from putting all of this in.

ahh cool, another chap said he was gonna do a similar thing and it never came to fruition, i think people overlook how much work is involved, but if your serious arrows i can add my backyard fed, i have pictures of all the workers and i will leave all the stat assigning to your imagination. Incidentally we dont all have cheesy rip off names like Cactus jake ans stone cold dave austin. The Roster looks like this: Panix Gringo Jaffa Man Mickey 'Flash' Reynolds Fantastic D King Eric Big L Mr G i can add afew of my other mates if this is a little thin on the ground for ya, but if you dont want to use my fed you dont have to!

I have a group of about 15 guys I could add to you data if you like. All orginal e-wrestlers myself and my freinds used. I have them all in my TEW data so it wouldn't be hard for me to give. Just let me know. I would also be intrested in helping out any other way possible on this.

You know, I've been poking around with an original Data set for almost a year now. I have alot of work done on it .. and alot of ideas. I never finished it though, but I would love to collaborate with you on this. Maybe with someone else cracking me with a whip, I might have what I need to finish this kind of stuff! Anyhow, if you have MSN or AIM feel free to hit me up with either of those. And no, I don't care if they're public - I mean, they're in my profile for chrissake. AIM: SinistralEpoch MSN: [email]vux@tqci.net[/email]

Nice to wake up and see a few guys interested in helping. Feel free to PM the stats for the promotions/wrestlers you've created. After I get a job, and I've actually got some money saved up, I may go out and get someone to do some pictures one by one for the guys, and send them out as I get them. I've always wanted a Shawn Arrows picture anyways. Any help any of you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated, it will atleast cut the workload down that little bit more for me in the long run.

I've got a dumb and tedious idea... For your main stars, if you want me too, you can tell me what they look like, I can make them on WWF No Mercy on my computer, and I can cut the pics and give them to you! It would take forever, but I'm sure I can make at least 25-50 pics...

WWF No Mercy pissed me off so much on the N64 cause more then 60% of the games went out with bad battery packs. I remember my orginal copy of the game would lose it's data every 48 hours or so. The second copy I bought, I was able to complete the WWF Championship mode to 100% and as I got about 50% through the IC Championship mode, the data disappeared again. ;\ Although, I have it on the computer now and now never have that problem. I only hope that WWE vs ECW (Smackdown vs Raw 2007, they changed the name if you didn't know) storyline system is like that. The game will truely be god like then.

Yeah, I hate the random data erasing that plagues most No Mercy games... Mine does now and then, but not much. I've been playing it a lot lately. I only use the PC emulation for cosmetic reasons. (My comp is slow and there are too many buttons to make it fun with a keyboard/mouse) I was/am the master of survival mode. I always make it all the way through without much trouble. They changed SvR07 to WWE vs. ECW? I think that is a bad idea. You can't make a game, add a year to the end the next year, then discontinue the whole name and change it completely! That's silly! But still, No mercy had the perfect balance between focus and choice when it came to Championship Mode. HCTP was too random and repetitive and SvR was too linear. I hope the branching system from No Mercy comes back. Also, I know one thing that greatly contributed to No Mercy's success that has been missing from every PS2 WWE game: being able to stand on the apron outside of tag matches! Plus, No Mercy was slower paced, but wasn't sluggish. (Wow, I never thought about it, but No Mercy was a great game!) Hey, you can't forget the AI that existed in the game. There isn't any in SvR. When you raise the difficulty, they just reverse more. The coms in No Mercy woul actually interfere when it was needed and help break/protect pins! In SvR, they kind of just run in and wander while the pin gets a 3 count... Well, that was my rant...

If they could take No Mercy, update the roster, and have a better CAW, it'd be amazing. Going to try and find someone with poser, and atleast some basic skill with it, to attempt to do the photos for wrestlers.

[QUOTE=Arrows]If they could take No Mercy, update the roster, and have a better CAW, it'd be amazing. Going to try and find someone with poser, and atleast some basic skill with it, to attempt to do the photos for wrestlers.[/QUOTE] I liked the CAW in No Mercy! (At least better than the CAW in SvR) It had almost any move you can think of! Also, the clothes were simple yet functional. In SvR, all you can create are Mr. Union Jack and clones of Carlito... The whole pattern situation is horrible (not to mention there wasn't a single piece of usable hair...)! They should make it all pre-made clothing pieces like in No Mercy... Also, I've succeeded in making accurate versions of Batista, Sting, Ric Flair, and many more because of its awesome CAW!

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye] They changed SvR07 to WWE vs. ECW? I think that is a bad idea. You can't make a game, add a year to the end the next year, then discontinue the whole name and change it completely! That's silly![/QUOTE] EA sports did it.......whit MVP Baseball.......or once was called Triple Play.......they annouced the name change like 2 months before the game came out and it sold alot better......

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye]I liked the CAW in No Mercy! (At least better than the CAW in SvR) It had almost any move you can think of! Also, the clothes were simple yet functional. In SvR, all you can create are Mr. Union Jack and clones of Carlito... The whole pattern situation is horrible (not to mention there wasn't a single piece of usable hair...)! They should make it all pre-made clothing pieces like in No Mercy... Also, I've succeeded in making accurate versions of Batista, Sting, Ric Flair, and many more because of its awesome CAW![/QUOTE] This is all gone a little bit off topic hasnt it? But i couldnt help but respond here, what are you talking about? SDvsRAW may have its faults (lack of logevity being the biggest) but the CAW system is certainly not one of them. and When it comes to playing multiplayer it is an amazing game. Me, my brother and my best mate were up till 4am last night playing it!

Just to show some sign of life. While this could've gone into much more detail, it should give atleast some idea as to why things are set up the way they are. Background information for the scenerio. Joy. In a wrestling world dominated by powerful global promotions, the battle for fans was on. Heading into the 1990s, several promotions battled for the same fans. While the battle seemed even, no promotion could catch up to the power house, Epic Wrestling. Every time a promotion would begin to get close, they would fall back off of the map, their popularity dropping because they were attempting to challenge Epic Wrestling. Epic Wrestling provided the best storylines around, the big spots, the great impact moves, the best wrestlers in the world. They had it all. The best booking team, the single most intelligent owner to ever own a wrestling promotion. They were truly unstoppable. Soon enough, the competition began to dissapear, either closing completely, or downsizing to avoid the war with Epic Wrestling that they were growing into. They were forgotten in the spectacle of Epic Wrestling, as every fan seemed to turn to Epic for their entertainment, making it difficult for anyone to hold onto their status. With the likes of Akira Akiyama and Wayne Carter leading the way, Epic Wrestling had hit the top of the wrestling world, onlt to have to watch as it came crashing down around them all. Matthew McGrath, the most brilliant man to ever have anything to do with the wrestling world, and Epic Wrestling's owner, was announced dead. With the news spreading, wrestlings popularity seemed to die. The fans just couldn't get interested anymore, with the loss of the man responsible for so many fantastic memories. The effects of that loss can still be felt around the wrestling world, but those promotions lucky enough to still be standing couldn't let it stop them. There might not be any powerful promotions, but they're all determined to be the next to rise to the levels Epic Wrestling managed to. The small time battle had begun. With no big promotions to hold them down, and a multitude of regional promotions floating around hoping to get larger, the race was on. Huge stars were unsigned, due to no promotion being big enough to sign them, while some had sunk to the regional level. Everyone's hopes were up, but would anyone ever make it to the level they hoped they could? Only time would tell. As I get the rosters done, I'm hoping to do a bio for each promotion, complete with information on each roster member.

Archived