Bob Backlund:Return to Tradition

[B][U]Tuesday Week,March 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]Tuesday Night Titans:[/U][/B] It seems Mr.Wonderful is looking for some revenge on me for that earlier loss,I'll be wrestling him on Television tonight.As I wait,I strike up a conversation with Bobby Heenan,we get on the topic of the AWA and Bobby tells me some great stories from the road,what a funny guy.(Bob Backlund has become friends with Bobby Heenan)A quick chat with rest of the guys and it's off to the ring. [B][U]Match 9:Bob Backlund vs. "Mr.Wonderful" Paul Orndorff[/U][/B] Paul is angry over the loss I handed to him and it shows as he charges me as soon as the bell rings.We scuffle for a second and I've got him in a Hammerlock but he powers out and climbs the ropes for a Flying Double Axe Handle.I fight back off the mat and catch him with a Double Arm Takedown.I try to tie up with him,but Orndorff stalls,then ties up and immediately hits me with a cheap closed fist and takes over,working me with Wristlocks and Facelocks;every time I manage to block something he responds by Dropkicking me until finally I move out of the way when he tries to kick me in the back on the mat and score a Short Arm Back Elbow.I try to climb the turnbuckles but Orndorff punches me and drags me down,then whips me in for a Clothesline.I slip behind him on the mat and take over with my amatuer skills,using Takedowns and working his arm on the mat.Orndorff gets away after a Gutwrench Suplex and tries a Headlock but I slip out and go right back to work on the arm.Orndorff finally frees himself and Irish Whips me,but goes to the well once too often with the Clothesline;I duck and hit him with a European Uppercut,then go right back to his arm.My holds are starting to wear Orndorff down now;I am able to grab and Arm Lock and Wrist Bend,then take it right to a Straddled Arm Bar.Orndorff goes for the ropes but I drag him back and give him an Arm Wringer Step Over Takedown and as he gets up,the Double Underhook Suplex.Orndorff makes a comeback as he fights his way back up and Irsh Whips me,but this time simply Punches me when I bounce off.Orndorff grabs a Facelock and tries to take it to a Top Wrist Lock but I drop down into a Drop Toe Hold,he falls and his face hits the turnbuckle.Orndorff sits out of my mat wrestling and whacks me with an elbow,I duck his next swing and he clocks the ref,who goes down.I expect Orndorff to begin cheating but am suprsied as we merely brawl until I duck a punch and grab him for a Back Suplex.I grab a Chinlock for a moment then turn it into a Pick Up Face Crusher,Paul's face hits the mat hard;as he fights his way back up,everyone can see see he has begun to bleed.Orndorff is hot now,grabbing me in a Hammerlock,which he takes to a Backbreaker.He throws me into the corner and bangs my head off the turnbuckle,then kicks me on the ground.He picks me up for a Gutwrench Suplex but I shift my weight and land on him right as the ref recovers to make the count but Orndorff is out at the last second.I take over with a series of Bionic Elbows and European Upeercuts,then hit a Bridging Double Armbar for a near fall.Just like in our last match,I pick Orndorff up,put his head between my legs,signal to the crowd and hit a Leaping Piledriver,only this time I follow him to the mat for a Reverse Headlock Clutch,but Orndorff will not give in.I pick him up for my Crossface Chicken Wing but Orndorff powers out,he tries to brawl but I duck under a wild swing and hit the Backlund Atomic Spinecrusher,I leap on him while he is down and apply another Reverse Headlock Clutch but he still won't give in.I get frustrated and hit him with a Flurry of Bionic Elbows,then go to work on his arm.Orndorff fights back and we scuffle near the corner,he wins and goes up top but I dropkick him out of mid-air and pick him up into a Twisting Neckbreaker,then again into an Enziguri Kick.Orndorff powers free on the mat and hits a Gutwrench Suplex but I roll though at the last second,then float over him and pick him up into my Sustained Back Suplex.I get a Pick Up Face Crusher but Orndorff starts fighting back,we brawl until I duck a wild punch and apply The Crossface Chicken Wing,the ref checks but Orndorff will not give in.He punches me then takes over,hitting me with a Flying Standing Knee,then Knee Jabs every time I try to get up.Paul really begins pounding me with his power,as he hits a series of Running Axe Handles and Short Arm Clotheslines/Short Arm Shoulder Tackles,each time catching me with a Knee Jab as I rise.He gets frustrated when I won't stay on the mat,reaches into his tights and pulls something out when the ref is not looking,and hits me with it in the eyes.I can't see a thing and Orndorff is pounding on me with a series of punches,finally my eyes stop watering as he goes behind and picks me up for an Atomic Drop.I wriggle free,land behind him and again apply The Crossface Chicken Wing....the ref checks....Orndorff is still not giving up.I try to Suplex Orndorff but again he reaches into the tights for that object and hits me in the eyes.I go blind and Orndorff begins pounding me Running Axe Handles,Short Arm Clotheslines,and Orndorff Flurries,then finishes by tossing me over the top rope.I crash hard to the concrete outside but blood loss is catching up to Orndorff now,which gives me time to get my breath and let my eyes clear before I climb back in.Orndroff takes right back over as he dodges me and begins brawling.We go into a squence where he keeps trying to set me up for his Piledriver but I break free and go for my Crossface Chicken Wing,but he counters it with a closed fist.After a few times,Orndorff tries to switch up to an Atlas Bear Hug but I go behind him and apply a third Crossface Chicken Wing....he still won't submit.I pick him up into a Belly to Back Cradle Suplex....1...2...kick out!Orndorff breaks another Suplex attempt,then poses for the crowd and lets loose with a Roundhouse Punch,but I am drill him with a quick Forearm before his punch can connect.Orndorff doubles over in pain,I quickly put his head between my legs and give him a second Backlund Leaping Piledriver and make the cover....1....2.....3!Mr.Wonderful finally stays down and I pick up the win at 35:00. [B][U]Winner:Bob Backlund[/U][/B] [B]Rating:B-[/B] [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [U]Monday:[/U] MLW: Dale Lewis defeats Rene Goulet for the NWA Canadian Heavyweight Title

[B][U]Wednesday Week 3,March 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]WWF In Your Neighborhood:[/U][/B] I have been given the night off,which is good since I am still sore from all those punches and kicks Mr.Wonderful hit me with last night.It was all old timers in the back tonight,I really enjoyed talking to them about the old days. [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [U]Wednesday:[/U] WCW:Mike Bennett defeats Frank Manley for the Australian Light Heavyweight Title [U]Thursday:[/U] SECW:The Flame defeats Bob Armstrong for the Alabama Heavyweight Title [U]Friday:[/U] UWA:La Parka & El Hijo Del Diablo defeat Atlantis & Felino for the UWA World tag Team Titles [U]Saturday:[/U] MACW: Great Kabuki & Terry Funk defeat Jimmy Valiant and Bugsy McGraw for the Mid Atlantic U.S. Tag Team Titles

[B][U]Sunday Week 3,March 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]WWF Challenge:[/U][/B] There are only 3 matches on the weekly TV show taping today,and it is all lower carders so I am not used;Vince is saving guys further up the card for a big event later on today.I stop by anyway to watch the matches and talk with my friends. [B][U]WWF Wrestlemania:[/U][/B] So this is one of Vince Jr's. big ideas; a "supershow" he shopped around and got several venues around the country to agree to show on Closed Circuit Television,much like Jim Crockett did down in MACW last year with his "Starcade".I look at the card and am shocked to see I have been booked against Jesse"The Body" Ventura in a double Main Event.This much exposure is going to be huge,I resolve to do the best in can in front of so huge a crowd,the guys wish me luck,Rocky Johnson in particular goes out of his way to cheer me on (Bob Backlund has become friends with Rocky Johnson) as I am called to the Gorilla position.... [B][U]Match 10:Bob Backlund vs. Jesse"The Body"Ventura:[/U][/B] The bell rings,and we lock up;I get the advantage and work his arm for a full 3 minutes before hitting a European Uppercut which downs "The Body" and work his arm on the mat;Jesse is strong but has some nagging arm injuries;hopefully I can take advantage and make it difficult for him to lift me. He finally recovers and powers out of my move then takes over with a combination of brawling and a variety of holds,working my arm and neck.I block an eye rake and the crowd cheers as I hit him with some forearms,then punctuate it with a Short Arm Back Elbow and work his neck on the mat.Ventura powers up and tries to brawl but my arm holds have weakened him,I easily dodge and take him down,then bring him back up into a Double Underhook Suplex.Ventura breaks my Chinlock and begins brawling,but when he goes behind me and rake his nails down my back the ref complains and the two argue,which gives me enough time to land an Arm Scissors Takedown.I try to pick him up for a Back Suplex but he complains to the ref that I used the tights,then cheaps shots me with a forearm.He tries to Irish Whip but his arm is too weak to do it right,I reverse and nail a Flying Forearm,it connects with a meaty THUNK!Ventura is down and as I pull his head back into a Double Knee Rear Chinlock the crowd can see the blood pouring down his forehead.I pick him up and go to work on that cut on his head,hitting Repeated European Uppercuts,then drop him with a move I picked up wrestling Adrian Adonis,the DDT.He fights back off the mat and brawls with me,every time I try to capitalize on an opening,he nails me with a closed fist and takes back over until his arm gives out when he tries to Irish Whip me,which lets me Powerslam him then pick him up into a Sustained Back Suplex.The crowd gets into it more as he tries to cheat off the mat but I dodge and give him a Gutwrench Backbreaker,then a short Splash.Ventura recovers and brawls,punching and kicking me,every time I get an advantage he rakes my eyes until finally I block a Punch and land a desparation Twisting Neckbreaker.He cheap shots me on the mat though and begins pounding on me with his brawling again,until I get out of the way of a Forearm Blow and throw him into the corner.The crowd counts along enthusiastically as I mount and punch him 10 times before stepping back and unleashing a Corner Forearm Flurry.My comeback doesn't last long as Ventura powers his way out of an Armbar and brawls with me for several minutes,weakening me with repeated Punches,but then I duck a wild swing and hit the Backlund Spinecrusher,I cover and he kicks out just barely before 3!Ventura catches me by playing possum as we both stand back up,then takes back over with his brawling,raking my eyes and doing his trademark,scraping my eyes along the top rope,whenever he can.Ventura has me stunned and insults the crowd before going for an Inverted Atomic Drop,but I elbow my way free,that last Bionic Elbow sent Ventura right out of the ring for a breather.I try a Baseball Slide but he sidesteps and we fight outside;Ventura takes advantage,repeatedly ramming my head and shoulder into the ring post and even banging my head off the ringside tables,but the ref lets it slide.Ventura tries to smack my face off the table again,but I slip out,pick him up,spin,and deliver a Back Suplex,but didn't move quite far enough away from the table area and Ventura's head accidentally bangs off a nearby chair;for some reason now the ref sees it and threatens to DQ me as I apply a Reverse Headlock Clutch on the cold cement floor.I sense Ventura is weakened enough so I drag him back in but he sucker punches me and we brawl;my conditioning is really paying off here as Ventura is absolutely exhausted but I am barely winded so when he goes for a Bear Hug,I drive my Forearm into him and apply The Crossface Chicken Wing,the ref checks,but no submission.Back and forth we brawl a second time until I reverse an Irish Whip and lift him Ventura up,nearby I can hear Vince on commentary yelling "BAAAAACK BODY DROP!"Ventura is right up off the mat through and picks me up over his head,but I shift my weight,land on my feet behind him and we brawl again;this time Ventura wins and locks in his Python Squeeze;Ventura is strong and it really hurts but I my back is still strong as he has spent most of the match concentrating on my head and not my back,I tough it out and refuse to give up when asked by the ref.Ventura grabs me by the hair and insults me before whipping me into the ropes,he comes running at me and as he raises his knee up to hit me in the head I duck behind and lock in The Crossface Chicken Wing again,Ventura screams in pain but will not submit.I try to switch tactics and set him for a Piledriver but Ventura blocks it then turns around to tell the crowd he smart he is for blocking that maneuver;I quickly rush up to him and catch him with a Belly to Back Cradle Suplex while he is jawjacking,the crowd goes nuts as the ref counts 3 at the 38:00 mark. [B][U]Winner:Bob Backlund[/U][/B] [B]Rating:B-[/B] [B][U]Weekly News:[/U][/B] -Blackjack Mulligan released from his exclusive deal by CWF -Tommy Rich released by CWA -Dynamite Kid released by CSW -Steven Regal released by JP(UK),he begins a tour of the USA, signing with MSW

[B][U]Tuesday Week 4,March 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]Tuesday Night Titans:[/U][/B] Only about two weeks left on my contract and again I am booked,this time in tag match with "The Polish Hammer" Ivan Putski against Tiger Chung Lee and "The Number 1 Frenchman" Rene Goulet.Putski has a good look,but is not very good in the ring,I resolve to make the best I can out of this encounter as we head down to the ring. [B][U]Match 11:Bob Backlund&Ivan Putski vs. Rene Goulet&Tiger Chung Lee[/U][/B] The bell rings;Putski and Goulet lock up.Putski immediately grabs a Front Facelock and lifts Goulet into a Giant Suplex.The scuffle on the mat then its Putski again,pounding on his back before delivering a Backbreaker.Putski hammers him with kicks and elbows to the body on the mat before Goulet gets to the ropes.They trade headlocks,with Putski winning,then a go behind and a second Backbreaker,Goulet looks hurt only 3 minutes in.Lee is in but Putski is too strong for his Hammerlock,he gets out and drops him with a Backbreaker,then works him on the mat with a few kicks.Tiger is finally on his feet and tries the Irish Whip,but Putski is way too strong,reversing it and landing a Shoulder Tackle.Putski with more kicking on the mat but Lee moves and hits a Legsweep Snap Pinfall for a 1 count.Lee takes over with a Short Arm Knee Lift,they avoid each other but when Ivan goes for a kick,it's counter into another Legsweep Snap Pinfall, 1 count only.Lee whips Putski to the ropes,he collides with the ref on the way,knocking him out.Lee connects on a Clothesline as Putski bounces back and they brawl;Lee wins when he counters a Bell Clap with a third Legsweep Snap Pinfall...he has Putski down for a good 3 or 4 seconds but the is no ref to count the pinfall.Lee is frustrated and goes to revive the ref but Putski ambushes him with a Backbreaker and tags me in.Lee tries to trip me on the way in but I rush up to him and try to get the crowd going with a European Uppercut.I work his neck on the mat with Chinlocks a bit until he powers out and whips me in for a Clothesline,but I am right back up and we enageg in a short Judo style lock-up,which I win with a Judo Sweep.I take over,picking him up for a series of European Uppercuts,then a Twisting Neckbreaker.I grab a chinlock for a second before I try to pick him up into a Back Suplex but he counters it into a cross body mid-air,I kick out at 1 but he has enough time to Headbutt me and tag Goulet in.I sidestep Goulet as he rushes me and go to work on his arm with Armbars,then catch him with a Drop Toe Hold into a Front Facelock.He recovers and we brawl,I win when I duck a Forearm and get a Double Arm Takedown,then pick him up into a Back Suplex.I work his arm on the mat until he sits out and tries a loose headlock,I slip right out and Drop Toe Hold him into the Turnbuckle.I works his arm on the mat,Goulet comes back with Facelocks and Arm Wringers until I Forearm out of a Facelock and give him a Gutwrench Backbreaker.An Armbar on the mat followed by a Pick Up Face Crusher and Goulet looks really hurt,I go for it with a Backslide,2 count only.We block each other then I grab a Double Armbar and take it into a Belly to Belly Suplex,then my trademark Sustained Back Suplex.I pick him up for a Swinging Neckbreaker but as I follow him to the mat he breaks free.Goulet takes over with brawling but I duck under a haymaker which KO's the ref to apply the Sleeper Hold,he looks out but there is noone to check him.I grab him in a Reverse Headlock Clutch on the mat and Goulet is lifeless but the ref is still taking a nap.He finally gets away from me and clocks me with a forearm,the ref regains his senses right as he tags in Lee.He Headbutts me then we go into a reversal sequence until he makes a mistake,allowing me to get him with a Standing Belly to Back Suplex.Lee avoids me on the mat then goes for his Legsweep Snap Pinfall,it's only a 1 count.The crowd finally starts to come to life as we do another reversal sequence,again Lee makes the mistake and I land a Spinning Back Suplex,then apply the Reverse Headlock Clutch.Lee screams and screams but will not submit when asked.Finally I release the hold,step and stalk him as he gets to his feet somewhat dazed,then apply the Crossface Chicken Wing,I manage to keep it clamped on for 2 minutes and finally Lee submits at 23:00 to a modest pop. [B][U]Winner:Backlund&Putski[/U][/B] [B]Rating:C+[/B] [B][U]Other news:[/U][/B] [U]Tuesday:[/U] CMLL: Dr.Wanger,Hector Guerrero,&Chavo Guerrero Sr. defeat Fishman,Enrique Vera and Mil Mascaras for the CMLL World Trios Titles

[B][U]Wednesday Week 4,March 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]WWF In Your Neighborhood:[/U][/B] On the way down to the arena,I pick up a copy of PWI,I peruse and am suprised to find coverage of my victory over Jesse Ventura at Wrestlemania,it seems photographers from all over the world were there to capure the match,the exposure had made me a little more popular worldwide.At the arena,Rocky and I check out the article,he shows it to one of his friends,Afa,who comes over and congratulates me for my success.(Bob Backlund is not friends with Afa) I see I am booked in a Handicap Match;I am not sure what to think as I head down the aisle... [B][U]Match 12:Bob Backlund vs. Big John Studd&Tiger Chung Lee:[/U][/B] It doesn't look good right from the start as Lee keeps up with my chain wrestling,takes me down,and works my arm on the mat for a good 2 minutes.I get back up and Lee is countering everything I try until he Sweeping Ankle Trips me,goes to the top,and I Dropkick him out of mid-air.I go to work on his arm until he recovers,then hit an Arm Wringer Step Over Takedown,and go right back to work on his arm on the mat until he breaks me and tags in Studd.Studd is an animal;he beats me down with his brawling for nearly 5 minutes,slapping my chest repeatedly between punches and headbutts,then banging my head off the turnbuckle before I avoid a choke in the corner and fire back with some European Uppercuts and a Short Arm Back Elbow.I work his neck on the mat,he stands up,picking me up over his head on the way but I twist and land on him in a Cross Body Block for a 1 count.I take control using leverage maneuvers like my Judo Sweep and begin working on his arm with Wristlocks,Arm Bars and Arm Wringers until an Arm Wringer Takedown finally gets him on the mat.I work his arm on the mat,then follow him back up with Hammerlocks and Arm Wringers,Studd looks in trouble,but catches me in a Quick Bear Squeeze and makes the tag.Lee takes over right away with a Short Arm Knee to the Gut/Short Arm Shoulder Tackle,then climbs up for a Flying Standing Knee.I make a breif comeback when i sit out of his mat wrestling and land a Double Arm Take Down,but he is right back up and punishes me with his Judo skills,using Judo Sweeps,Sweeping Hip Throws,and Short Arm Judo High Tosses to ground me,then working my arm with a Leg Braced Wrist Lock every time I am down.Finally I slip away and get an Arm Scissors Takedown,then a Back Suplex and work his arm on the mat,but he gets away after a few seconds and tries a Back Suplex on me,I fall on top of him for a 2 count then get behind and trip him into thre turnbuckles.Lee powers back up on the mat and makes a tag to Studd and again Studd beats me from pillar to post with his brawling,kicking me in the head repeatedly until I forarm him in the face when he tries to throw me over the top rope.I work the arm,then pick him up and Drop Toe Hold him Into The Turnbuckle.Studd is rolling around clutching his head by the corner,I quickly go to the apron and Slightshot myself over it,the crowd pops as I Splash onto him,Snuka style.That makes Studd mad as he gets back up,scoops me,and throws me right over the top rope to the concrete floor.Studd comes out and we brawl,I wow the crowd by managing to get the big man up in a Back Suplex and a Standing Belly to Back Suplex,but then he bangs me off the ring post and drags me back in.I block an Atlas Bear Hug,he picks me up for a Press Slam Back Breaker but I push off and land on him for a 2 count.Studd is stunned long enough for me to start working his head and arm with amatuer holds again,then I hit a nasty Swinging Neckbreaker and Studd starts rubbing his neck and scurries away to tag in Lee.Lee and I trade amatuer holds until he catches me off guard with a Running Knee to the Head.Lee follows me to the mat but I am right back up....it's a Bionic Elbow sale as I nail him with a Flurry and he goes down,a stream of blood trickling onto his face from the top of his head.Lee breaks a Pick Up Face Crusher and hits me with a series of European Uppercuts,then goes behind to lock on the Octopus Stretch,the pain is incredible,I have not choice but to give up when asked by the ref,my first loss in almost 2 months comes at the 24:00 mark. [B][U]Winner:Lee&Studd[/U][/B] [B][U]Rating:B-[/U][/B] (A little irritating me giving up after 1 finisher attempt when last time it took 4 Crossface Chicken Wing to make him submit when his condition was much worse but at least it looked good) [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [U]Wednesday:[/U] CMLL:Perro Aguayo defeats Mil Mascaras for the NWA World Middleweight Title

[B][U]Sunday Week 4,April 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]WWF Challenge:[/U][/B] I am not booked tonight,which I guess is no suprise since it's a TV spot and I have barely over a week left on my contract.I talk to the guys and watch the matches;The crowd went nuts after The Wild Samoans brutalized Sal Bellomo in a Handicap Match,but refused to stop beating on him after the bell;half the locker room came out and finally dragged the Samoans off but the damage was done. [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [U]Saturday:[/U] ASW(UK):Mal Sanders defeats Marty Jones for the British Light Heavyweight Title [B][U]Weekly News:[/U][/B] -MLW landed a TV deal gaining them more exposure across Canada and the Northern U.S.;they hiven risen in size to a Cult level promotion. -"Georgous"Jim Garvin released from his exclusive contract by WCCW -GCW signs a deal with Curt Hennig -NJPW signs a deal with "Dr.Death"Steve Williams

[B][U]April 1984:[/U][/B] [U]World Overness:[/U] USA:85(+1) Canada:70(+1) Mexico:70(+15) Japan:75 U.K.:60(+10) Europe:60(+10) Australia:60(+10) [U]Skills and Abilities:[/U] Spirit:80(-2) Power:78 Technique:90 Speed:55(+1) Psychology:85(+4) Microphone:61(+1) Charisma:59(+1) Stamina:99(+1) Toughness:90(+1) Looks:58 Respect:90 [B][U]Relationships:[/U][/B] Friends with Afa (NEW!) Friends with Arnold Skaaland Friends with Big John Studd Friends with Bill McCaullah (NEW!) Friends with Bobby Heenan (NEW!) Friends with Freddie Blassie Friends with Rocky Johnson (NEW!) Loyalty to Verne Gagne Dislike for Jim Crockett,Jr. [U]Contracts:[/U] World Wrestling Federation (P.P.A. $30000 per,Upper Midcarder,Babyface,8 days)

[B][U]Tuesday Week 1,April 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]Tuesday Night Titans:[/U][/B] I arrive at the arena and suprisingly,they have me set to go against Greg"The Hammer"Valentine,I was sure after last weeks loss they would hold me off TV until my contract ran out.I talk to Darren Smith Sr.,we get along and he promises me he'll do his best in my match.(Bob Backlund has become friends with Darren Smith Sr.)I talk to rest the guys;soon enough it is match time and I make my way out [B][U]Match 13:Bob Backlund vs. Greg"The Hammer"Valentine:[/U][/B] Valentine charges me before the bell but I catch him out of the corner of my eye,sidestep,and slap on a Hammerlock as the match offically begins.He breaks free and hits a Knee Lift but I am right back up and again work the arm with the Hammerlock.I get him off his feet with a Rear Amatuer Takedown and work the arm on the mat,evnetually he blocks my mat wrestling and tries to recover,but I peg him a Short Arm Back Elbow then go right back to work on the arm.He eventually breaks free,then hits me with a closed fist when I try to wring his arm.Valentine takes over briefly with punches and punches but I roll away from an Elbow Drop to the Knee and hit a Judo Sweep.He recovers quickly and I work the Extended Wrist Lock until he Irish Whips me,but I dodge his fist and land a European Uppercut.He slips free on the mat and starts pounding me with forearms,then a Rear Amatuer Takedown.He stops to point to his head,indicating how smart he is,since he just hit a move I did to him,and yell at the crowd before picking me up,but he gooefed around too long,I slip behind and hit my own Rear Amatuer Takedown;the fans really get on Valentine's case for that one.He powers back up from the mat and is looking to set up his Figure Four as he starts kicking me in the knee but when he goes for the punch I duck and give him a Double Arm Take Down,which leads to an extended Straddled Arm Bar on the mat before he gets free and starts kicking my knee again.Again he makes the mistake of going for a wild punch and I duck,he spins 180 degrees allowing me to give him a Back Suplex.Valentine is up off the mat fast and swings wildly,for a third time I duck his punch,this time he takes a Drop Toe Hold Into the Turnbuckle.He blocks me on the mat but I catch him by switching to a Pick Up Face Crusher.He breaks free from me on the mat and takes over with brawling,punching,kicking,and headbutting me to stun me,then taking me down and landing repeated Knee Drops.I make a breif comeback with a Flurry of Bionic Elbows,but Valentine stands back up and takes over with his brawling.I manage to sidestep a kick and get him with a Double Underhook Suplex,but he breaks free on the mat and Suplexes me then brutalizes me,slamming my head into the mat repeatedly then wailing on my head my right hands.I break free on the mat and hit a DDT,Valentine's head hits the mat and he bounces straight back up to standing,letting the crowd see the blood now pouring down his head from that maneuver,takes half a step,his eyes go blank and flops gace first to the mat.He recovers quickly enough and we end up brawl until he gets a Double Underhook Suplex,then drapes me on the ropes and uses them to propel himself upwards for a Knee Drop;I move and his leg crashes to the empty canvas.I take the opportunity to pick him up and throw him between the ropes,following him out with a Baseball Slide.We brawl outside,it's fairly even as we go back and forth until I counter his punch with a forearm and hit a Backlund Piledriver on the concrete floor.I roll him in and cover for a surpisingly easy 3 count and a return to my winning ways at 27:00. [B][U]Winner:Bob Backlund[/U][/B] [B][U]Rating:C+[/U][/B]

Nice win against "The Hammer". Any idea where Bob is heading after the contract with WWF runs out? Will he be going to Verne's AWA? I would think that he wouldn't be heading towards Crockett's MACW anytime soon, based on his negative relationship with him.

[B][U]Wednesday Week 1, April 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]WWF In Your Neighborhood:[/U][/B] With only 6 days left on my contract,I am highly doubtful I will be booked,but I head down to the arena just in case.My suspicions are correct as I am indeed not booked. [B][U]Sunday Week 1,April 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]WWF Challenge:[/U][/B] I am shocked to see I am given one last match on WWF TV before my contract expires tomorrow,an 8-Man Tag Match. [B][U]Match 14:Bob Backulnd,Hulk Hogan,Ivan Putski&George"The Animal" Steele vs. Afa,"Dr.D"David Schults,&The North-South Connection:[/U][/B] Schults pearl hrabors me right at the bell,but I reverse a clumsy Irish Whip and a Short Arm Back Elbow off the ropes.Schults won't stay down and we square off,he keeps trying to brawl but I down him with amatuer style moves,each time he goes down I work the neck only for a second before he powers his way back up.A Double Arm Takedown after a reversal sequence and finally Schults is stunned enough for me to really work him over with a Double Knee Rear Chinlock on the mat.That chinlock really had an effect on him as he gets up groggy,but quickly counters my Wristlock with a Side Headlock Takedown and tags in Afa.Afa is all over me with classic wildman style brawling, headbutting,punching , kicking away,then choking me every time he gets me down.A particularly nasty Choke finds me near the ropes and Afa props me in the second rope,gets a running starts,flies through the air to smash....nobody home as I move at last second,he crashes rear end first to the mat and sells the impact to his tailbone as I make the diving tag to The Animal for some Wildman vs Wildman action.Steele is all over Afa,clubbing him down,and choking him to the delight of the fans.Steele is hammering Afa across the back with a Forearm when Lou Albano gets on the apron and disracts Steele,he falls for it and gets ambushed by Afa.It doesn't last long though as Steele blocks a punch,hits Afa in the throat and chokes him again.Finally,Afa scurries away to make a tag,but Steele catches him from behind,rails him with Forearms,then delivers a Driving Knee Lift.Steele folows him down and begins biting the forehead of the big Samoan.Afa is not happy about that,he fights back up,throws Steele into the corner and banks his head off the turnbuckle before tagging in Dick Murdoch.Murdoch and Steele brawl,Murdoch wins,he begins beating Steele down until Steele slips a punch,whales him across the back with Forearms,then hits a Backbreaker and tags in Putski.Ivan goes nuts on Murdoch,kicking him repeatedly in chest to soften him for The Polish Hammer.Ebery time Murdoch gets up,Ivan Slaps him sharply across the chest,hits a Backbreaker,then begins kicking him in the chest again.A Giant Suplex goes bad on Ivan as Murdoch Kicks him in the Gut and hits his own Suplex,then tags in Adonis.Adonis shows suprising agility for a big man,slipping and ducking everything Ivan throws,but Ivan is as strong as Adonis is agile,he easily breaks everything Adonis tries.I shake my head as Ivan is already looking to be breathing hard as he whips Adonis into a corner and tags in The Hulkster.Hulk is all over Adonis is the corner with Chops,a 10 Punch,and a Turnbuckle Smash.This leads to an amusing sequence where Adonis outquicks Hulks on the mat repeatedly,but every time he gets up he screws up and leaves himself open for a Backbreaker.This goes on for a good 90 seconds before Adonis lands a cheap closed fist and makes the tag to Schults.Schults and Hulk show the crowd how a brawl is done as they go back and forth until Hulk wins it with a Body Smash.Hulk surpises everyone when he goes to the mat and applies the Ground Extended Wristlock,I guess he can wrestle a little.Shults powers up but Hulk downs him repeatedly with Big Roundpunches,working that Ground Extended Wrist Lock each time,until Schults gets away to tag in Murdoch."Captain Redneck" shows Hulk how a Texan does it as he basically beats the heck out of Hulk with his brawling,everytime Hulk gets an opening,Murdoch counters it with a Standing Side Headlock.Stiff Clothesline by Murdoch and Hulk is hurting,he fights his way back up,floors Murdoch with a big right hand,and tags me in.Murdich tries to amatuer wrestle me,I keep getting the advantage with Takedowns and Wristlocks,but everytime I do he sucker punches me to take over.A Gutwrench Suplex andhe is in trouble,but he gets away on the mat for a tag to Adonis.Adonis comes in and promplt gets flattened with a Short Arm Back Elbow,we wrestle on the mat but Adonis loses badly,I have him trapped in a Straddled Arm Bar for a good while until he makes the ropes,then tags in Afa.Afa goes for the Airplane Spin and gets a Dropkick for his trouble,I remember earlier in the match and tag in Steele.Afa surpsies me by going to the top for a Flying Axe Handle,but Steele comes right back when Afa tries to scoop him for a slam,falling on top for a 2 count.Steele and Afa get into a Headbutting contest,Steele wins,stunning the Samoan long enough for a Suplex.Steele follows him down,he's biting Afa,there's blood everywhere!Steele goes nuts,pinning Afa's arm and stomping it for almost a minute before Afa can get away,only to have Steele plants him with an Airplane Spin Toss,then stomp his arm more.Afa breaks free but Steele catches him with a nasty Double Backbreaker and goes back to stomping that arm.Steele picks him up,whips him in the corner,then rips open the turn buckle,stuffing flies everywhere!Afa takes this chance to come back with punches,kicks,and headbutts,but when he tries to tag,the ref is too busy being chased around by Steele to see it.Steele slaps on a Hammerlock,takes something out of tights,and digs into Afa's shoulder.He picks Afa up and begins jabbing him in the head and throat with that foreign object until the ref steps in but by then it's too late,a Big Bear Hug and it's all over in 37:00. [B][U]Winner:Backlund,Hogan,Putski,Steele[/U][/B] [B]Rating:C[/B] I am the last to leave ringside after the match,on the way out I bump into Greg"The Hammer" Valentine,on his way down to the ring for his match.We have words over that Piledriver from our last match and are about to go at it when out of nowhere,it's Don Muraco!He ambushes me,which leads to a 2 on 1 beatdown at ringside,Muraco drags me onto a table at ringside,scoops me,and hits his Inverted Piledriver,wood sprays everywhere and everything goes hazy.I lay on the ground motionless,but Muraco picks me up and holds me while Valentine pulls away the thing protective mat at ringside.Muraco scoops me upside down and signals to Valentine,who climbs on the apron.Valentine jumps down onto me as Muraco drops to his knees,it's a Spike Inverted Piledriver on the concrete floor!I lay there for a good long while,barely able to move,Hulk and Putski are back out with chairs for the save,and I am stretchered to the back.Really,I will be fine in a few minutes but later in the program Jack Tunney would come to solemnly announce that I had been taken to the hospital emergency room,my neck was "broken" and I would be out of action "indefinitely". With only 1 day left on my contract and no show tomorrow,thus ends my time in the WWF.....but where to next? [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [U]Wednesday:[/U] ASW(UK):Kintaro Oki defeats Rick Wiseman for the British Empire/Commonwealth Middleweight Title [U]Friday:[/U] NJPW: Dynamite Kid defeats Tatsumi Fujinami for the WWF International Title CSTATE:Harley Race defeats Porkchop Cash for the Central States TV Title CSW:Owen Hart&Tiger Chung Lee defeat Fumihiro Nikura&Loch Ness Monster for the CSW International Tag Team Titles [U]Saturday:[/U] WCCW:Missing Link&Super Destroyer defeat Super Destroyer II&Bob Roop for the WCCW American Tag Team Titles ASW(UK):Rick Wiseman defeats Mike Bennett for the European Middleweight Title [B][U]Weekly News:[/U][/B] -Bruiser Brody released by WCCW -Grappler#2 released by CSTATE -Bruiser Bob Sweetan released from his exclusive contract by SWCW -WCCW signs Genichiro Tenryu -MLW signs Harley Race and Superstar Billy Graham

[QUOTE=captainlou]Any idea where Bob is heading after the contract with WWF runs out? Will he be going to Verne's AWA? I would think that he wouldn't be heading towards Crockett's MACW anytime soon, based on his negative relationship with him.[/QUOTE] Well,I admit,I DO have a plan,I think it should prove interesting..... Tune in Thursday to find out what Bob decides to do! *tension mounts* In the meantime,feedback on what has happened so far,suggestions on how I can format it better or otherwise make it better reading,and predictions on Bobby's "plan" are welcomed.:)

[B][U]Tuesday Week 2,April 1984:[/U][/B] My contract with the WWF has officially now run out;I had been thinking about my next step for the entire month now and had come up with something:It was a little unorthodox but it just might work... Verne had already called me;he was really chomping at the bit to get one of the WWF's on board;I really liked the idea,but for it to really work I had to make a bit of a change.Though I could get it done in the ring,I felt I needed to shake things up a little.Lately I had been on a workout promgram designed to boost my stamina as recommended to me by Karl Gotch,it really works but at the same time my musculature has changed;I am no longer as "cut" as I was before.I figured it out and I will be finished with my current stamina-heavy workout program in about two months,if I started some higher intensity weight training and changed my diet now,I could get back to being as "cut' as I was earlier on in about six months,without a loss of endurance.I resolved to put more time in at the gym,then called Verne back and told him I was willing to work but to make it a suprise we should delay my introduction for six months,Verne was a bit perplexed what I was thinking but finally agreed. Now,in the meantime,I needed somewhere I could base myself,concentrate on my fitness regimen,and wrestle a little to keep off the ring rust,but I didn't want huge exposure,for intents and purposes it should seem that I "disappeared" after "breaking my neck",only to make a triumphant return....in the AWA.I checked over my options,looking for somewhere small.....The USA,Mexico,Canada,and Japan all had major coverage of wrestling in all the magazines.....The U.K. however,didn't get much coverage in other countries,I could work there awhile and stay "under the radar",plus they worked a totally diferent style than in the States,perhaps I could learn a trick or two.So I called up Brian Dixon,owner a small promotion called All Star Wrestling,and pitched my idea to him,offering to work at a greatly reduced fee.Brian is a good guy,he heard me out and agreed to a small 6 month P.P.A. deal with me,I could report in as soon as tomorrow.After further discussion,we also decided that to further conceal my identity,that I would work under a mask during my time there,I would be called The Mighty Yankee.I also requested that instead of being a babyface,that I be portayed as a heel....After all,it was pretty traditional for foreign workers to be portrayed as a heel....plus I figured if I spent some time on the other side of the crowd's response,it might help expand my understanding of what goes into the making of a good match.

[B][U]Wednesday Week 2,April 1984:[/U][/B] [B]ASW Midlands Tour:[/B] It was a busy day today,I flew in and Brian Dixon picked me up at the airport,we went over all the details of our deal as he drove me to a already furnished flat he had rented for me.On the way he tells me I am booked tonight;I have barely enough time to unpack and get the lay of the land before I have to head off to the gym they arranged a membership for me at before the matches;the entire way I am kind of scared since it always seems to me like we're driving on the wrong side of the road. I get to the arena and find a bright Red,White and Blue mask waiting in my locker.As I struggle to get it on,Dixon tells me he wants me to go out and cut a promo once in a little bit before my match.I decide to be friendly and introduce myself to the guys in the locker room;they're a nice bunch of guys and bring me up to speed on the differences between "American Style" matches and "British" matches,in between teasing me for my accent and joking about the differences between American and British slang.Mal Sanders,in particular,spent some extra time with me,helping me out with the British lingo so I wouldn't accidentally utter any profane words during my promo(+1 microphone). I decide to put a little of the tips I got on microphone skills to work;I tell the crowd I am from American wrestler, here on vacation.I wanted a light workout while I was on vacation and from what I've seen of "British" wrestling in tapes,this would be perfect...after all even our American "Know-Nothings" are better than your best,so it's as light a workout as you can get.....Tony St.Clair comes out to defend the name of British Wrestling,we trade a few verbal jabs before he decks me with a hard right, it breaks down into a scuffle and next thing you know the match is on... [B][U]match 15:The Mighty Yankee vs. Tony St. Clair:[/U][/B] Right off the bat i go to work on his arm,grabbing an Extended Wrist Lock to an Arm Wringer/Arm Wringer Takedown combo.He's alot better on the mat than most Americans as he gets right away,Dropkicks me,and starts working my arm with Ground Wristlocks.Finally,I slip away and grab a Hammerlock but breaks my Amatuer Takedown,then quickly climbs the ropes to nail a Flying Standing Knee.Again he works my arm on the mat then stands me up,he maes a mistake;telegrapghing a European Uppercut which allows me to turn it into a Double Arm Takedown.Finally,I manage to get a hold of him on the mar and work his arm,but he slips away soon enough,nails me with a Dropkick,then works my arm before catching me with a Monkey Flip as I stand.He props me back up and I power out of a Sweeping Ankle Trip and nails him with a Short Arm Back Elbow.I work the arm on the mat but he slips out fast enough and Dropkicks me,he works my arm on the mat but only brielfy as I quickly slip a Grounded Hammerlock and land a Rear Amatuer Takedown.Tony blocks me and recovers,he tries to brawl but I quickly take over with a European Uppercut,followed by a Judo Sweep.He quickly blocks me on the mat yet again,but this time when he stands I catch him with a Drop Toe Hold into a Facelock.He shows me that mat based British style as he's quickly back up and gets me in a Furthered Half Nelson Takedown,then works my arms with a Double Arm Lever.I manage to slip away after a few painful seconds,we reverse each other a few times until finally I sidestep a Forearm Blow and hook him up in a Double Arm Suplex.Again I can't get a hold of him on the mat,these guys know their stuff! Fortunately for me,I slip his next move and go into a Drop Toe Hold Into the Turnbuckle,then finally manage to lock in a Straddled Arm Bar for a moment.It doesn't last long as he slips away and gets me in a Short Arm Judo Toss,then works my arm on the mat until I slip away and lift him into a Back Suplex.Tony is right away on the mat and we brawl,knocking the ref down before he gets me off guard with a Hammerlock Single Leg Takedown.He works my arm for a moment but I slip away and show him a classic British move I picked up earlier when I slap on a Rear Head Chancery.I STILL can't lock him down on the mat as he recovers and gets a Hammerlock Single Leg Takedow,but this time I am ready for him to follow me to the mat as I slip right behind into a Standing Belly To Back Suplex,followed by a Pick Up Face Crusher.We go to the mat but once again he gets away and hits a Knee Arm Driver.Once again he works the arm on the mat but only for a second before I am behind him and land an Enziguri.Tony is away on the mat yet again but this time I get a good grip on him as he is recovering and lift him into a Gutwrench Backbreaker.He gets back up and we reverse each other until he dropkicks me out of a Suplex,I slip away and lift him for a Back Suplex but he falls on top for the first pinfall attempt,only a 1.Again we reverse each other and again he falls on top of a Suplex,this time I kick only a hair before 3!I stunned him with Repeated European Uppercuts but when I go for a Piledriver,he twists into a Sweeping Hip Throw...again i barely kick out!He goes for a Short Arm Knee,but i slip behind and lock in The Crossface Chicken Wing,but he manages to tough it out,then nail me with a Short Arm Judo Toss.He works my arms on the mat but I fall on top of a Grounded Crucifix Cradle...he barely kicks out!I Elbow him and he goes down,but slips a Reverse Headlock Clutch then hits a weak looking Rolling Reverse,the ref counts...1....2....3!My first outing in Britian and it's a loss in 24:00 [B]Winner:Tony St. Clair[/B] [B]Rating:B-[/B] [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [U]Wednesday:[/U] WWF:Greg Valentine defeats Tito Santana for the WWF Intercontinental Title

[B][U]Saturday Week 2,April 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]All Star Highlands Tour:[/U][/B] We're touring a different part of Britain today,I admire the countryside in the trip up,then arrive and check the booking sheet.Tonight it will be "Team Mighty" as they have me teaming with John Quinn to take on Mike Bennett and Marty Jones.The locker room here is truly different as I see talents from the U.K.,U.S.,Mexico,and Japan mingling with each other.I talk to everyone,including my last opponent,Tony St.Clair,who compliments me on my heel work,then shows me a few tricks that will really get under people's skin(+1 Psychology). [B][U]Match 16:The Mighty Yankee&Mighty John Quinn vs. Mike Bennett and Marty Jones:[/U][/B] Bennett and I start out and right away it looks bad for me as he immediately breaks an Armbar and goes up top to hit a Second Rope Dropkick.I manage to slip away on the mat and take over with Arm holds,weakening him for my Chicken Wing later on.Bennett surges a little when he breaks a Judo Sweep and hits a Single Leg Takedown,then drives a knee into my arm,but I break his Grounded Side Headlock and get back up in control again.I work his arm until he breaks an Extended Wrist Lock and we reverse each other near the ropes until he grabs an Arm Wringer/Front Faclock series,which lets him tag in Jones.Jones goes right to work on my arm,every time I get away he powers out of my amatuer holds and goes back to work work on my arm with an Arm Wringer or Hammerlock.After a few series I finally catch him in a surpise Backbreaker and make the tag to Quinn.Quinn comes in and right away is met with a Dropkick,but he shrugs it off and clubs Jones down.Quinn takes over,working Jones on the mat with a Rear Chinlock then pulling him back up to work on his arm and back with Arm Wringers and Forearms.A hammerlock Drive goes bad and Jones hita a Rear Amatuer Takedown,but Quinn slips away from a Chinlock to hit a Clubbing Blow.They reverse each other off the ropes until Quinn hits a Clothesline,Jones is right back up with a Forearm to the Gut,but Quinn slips an Arm Wringer and goes back to work with Hammerlocks.A reversal sequence follows until Jones tries to tag but Quinn cuts him off,hits A European Uppercut,then a Bodyslam.Rear Seated Chinlock is slipped and Jones slaps on a Standing Side Headlock,he goes for the tag but again Quinn cuts him off,Quinn tries a Bear Squeeze but it gets slipped and Jones goes on fire,landing a Single Leg Trip then working Quinn's arm on the mat for a solid minute before he tags me in.I try to hit him with my Forearm but he counters it with a Headlock Takedown and works me with a Head Scissors,I manage to slip away but everytime I try something he counters into a Headlock Takedown,then applies a Head Scissors.Finally Jones tags out and Bennet comes in,once again every move I try is countered with a Headlock Takedown/Head Scissors series until finally I win a reversal sequence with a Double Arm Takedown and work his arm on the mat.I work his arm for a solid minute until he breaks free,we reverse and he dropkicks out of a Back Suplex,but I slip his headlock and hit on my second Back Suplex attempt.I lock in the Straddled Arm Bar for another minute until he avoids me,but I duck his Forearm and get a Double Underhook Suplex,then a Pick Up Face Crusher,and right back to a Straddled Arm Bar.Bennett is hurt but avoids me,then works my arm with Arm Wringers and finishes with a Dropkick,he manages to tag while I am recovering.I met the incoming Jones with a Judo Sweep and work his arm;it goes to a reversal sequence and he gets me with a Snap Mare Takedown but I break his Chinlock and make the tag.Quinn applies a Bear Squeeze but Jones slips a Chinlock and again goes on fire with a series of Single Leg Takedowns,then working Quinn's arm on the mat until Quinn slips a Single Leg and gives him a quick Forearm then a Driving Knee Lift.Quinn slaps on the Chinlock,waits for Jones to take a knee,then nails him with a Grounded Mafia Kick.Quinn has the momentum now as he hits a Flap Jack,then picks him up into a Standing Belly to Back Suplex,and follows it with Elbow Drops.Jones sits out on the mat and they begin brawling,Jones wins with a Dropkick,then a Leg Drag,but Quinn slips a Headlock on the mat,grabs Jones in a Backbreaker,and rams him into the turnbuckle,blood is flowing freely from Jones head as Quinn drops him to the mat.Jones barely escapes on the mat and they brawl,Quinn wins with a solid Forearm and tags me in.Jones is dizzy so I rush in,put his head between my legs and deliver a Backlund Leaping Piledriver,cover....he barely kicks out!We both come back up and for 3 minutes I lock on The Crossface Chicken Wing but Jones won't give up,finally he gets loose with a few Forearm Blows and makes the tag.Bennet is in and right away starts pounding me with Forearm shots,I try to counter but he grabs my arm I swing and takes it to an Arm Scissors Takedown.Bennett goes with my forearms but finally I manage to grab his arm,spin behind him into a Hammerlock,then pick him up for my Sustained Back Suplex.We go to the mat and I get the Reverse Headlock Clutch on,but he is not ready to give in quite yet.A reversal sequences follows as I dodge everything he tries,but he keeps Forearming out of my finisher,he makes the first mistake as he is a little too loose applying a Half Nelson,I twist my body while holding his free arm,it ends up in a Hammerlock,I cinich it up into a Chicken Wing and get my other arm around for the Crossface....Bennett is in obvious pain and gives in at 27:00.The crowds erupts into loud boos, Quinn and I soak it all in,with Quinn trading insults with the front row. [B]Winner:The Mighty Yankee and John Quinn[/B] [B]Rating:C+[/B] [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [U]Thursday:[/U] AWA:Steve Regal defeats Buck Zumhofe for the AWA Light Heavyweight Title [U]Friday:[/U] UWA:Mascara Sagrada defeats Black Magic for the UWA World Lightweight Title [U]Saturday:[/U] PNW:Rip Oliver defeats Billy Two Eagles for the PNW TV Title AGPW:Killer Karl Krup defeats Stephen Petitpas for the Maritime Heavyweight Title

[B][U]Wednesday Week 3,April 1984:[/U][/B] [B][U]All Star Midlands Tour!:[/U][/B] Tonight I am booked against a talented technician and half of last matches opponents in Marty Jones.I spot Brian Dixon and talk to him for a minute,he makes some good suggestions for my upcoming promo(+1 Microphone),then I take the time to mingle in the locker room and marvel at its diversity,before coming in to grab a mic and tell the crowd how I easily made one of their top guys give up last week with my vastly superior skills,I'm bored so send out the other guy from Saturday so I can beat him too! Marty Jones comes out,gets in my face, and gets the crowd going by mentioning my loss to Tony St.Clair.I complain that the move he used was illegal in American wrestling so i wasn't ready to defend against it.We shout at each other a bit and next thing you know it's on... [B][U]Match 17:The Mighty Yankee vs. Marty Jones[/U][/B] The bell rings and Jones wants a Collar and Elbow Tie Up,I stall a little,then tie up and go right to work on the arm with an Extended Wrist Lock.I work the arm a bit,then a Forearm Blow to set up a Double Arm Take Down.I work the arm on the mat until he can recover,when I go for a Short Arm Back Elbow he grabs my leg and turns into a Single Leg Trip,then picks up the pace with a series of Fireman's Carry Takedowns,but chooses not to press me on the mat.After hitting me with a European Uppercut he tries an Arm Bar,but I slip it into a Rear Amatuer Takedown.He makes it off the mat and counter my Forearm wth a Standing Side Headlock,then backs up and charges me,I sidestep at the last second and blast him with a European Uppercut.I take him down several times with Drop Toe Holds,even taking a few into a Facelock,but he keeps making the ropes from the mat.A reversal sequence follows until I duck a wild Forearm to hit a Judo Sweep,I still can't keep him on the mat,these British guys are much better than most Americans at amatuer technique.He grabs a Facelock on me and grinds but I sidestep a European Uppercut and hit a Short Arm Back Elbow,then he slips behind me and hits me in the head with his Forearm before going for an Arm Bar,but I used a double hand grip to break it,then turn it into an Arm Wringer Step Over Takedown.He Forearms out of a Hammerlock and Dropkicks me but I turn his Single Leg Trip into a Gutwrench Suplex,he still won't stay down on the mat.He steps into my Forearm and turns it into a Side Headlock Takedown,but I slip a Grounded Hammerlock and clamp on a Hammerlock of my own before lifting him into a Back Suplex.Finally I can keep him on the mat a little,working his arm until he gets to the ropes.After we come neutral I show my Bionic Elbow,then a Double Underhook Suplex,again he makes the ropes on the mat,this time I meet him with a Gutwrench Backbreaker.He powers out of my Arm Bar on the mar and we brawl,I win with a Flying Forearm,but he rolls back to standing and trips me,then works my arm on the mat until I manage to recover and block his Arm Wringer attempt.I hit a Bionic Elbow but he dropkicks out a Bodyslam,then climbs up top for a Flying Axe Handle.I break his Short Arm Hip Toss,he slips my Twisting Neckbreaker,then applies a Half Nelson,takes me down,and Furthers it on the mat.I escape on the mat and Drop Toe Hold him into the Turnbuckles but he recovers quickly,grabs my arm,and hauls me into a Short Arm Deep Hip Toss.I sit out of a Single Leg attempt,pick him up, and hold him there for my Sustained Back Suplex,then on the mat roll him into a Reverse Headlock Clutch,but he will not submit.We take turns powers out of each other amatuer moves until he gets an Arm Scissors takedown,but I fight back from the ground,put his head between my legs,and deliver a Backlund Leaping Piledriver,I try to follow him to the mat,but he fights back,blood streaming down his face.We go into a sequence where i keep dodging him but every time I try to apply a maneuver he hits me with a Forearm Blow,until finally he gets in a Double Underhook Suplex,the picks me up for a Small Package,I barely kick out!He tries a Hammerlock but I slip out and apply The Crossface Chicken Wing,he will not submit.He catches me with a Forearm but blood loss catches up to him and he hesitates,so I rush in and re-apply The Crossface Chicken Wing...the ref checks him.....he gives up! I pick up the win at the 25:00 mark. [B][U]Winner:The Mighty Yankee[/U][/B] [B]Rating:C+[/B] [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [U]Monday:[/U] MLW:Killer Khan&The Mighty Igor defeat Counterpunch(Eddie Gilbert&Cocoa Samoa) for the Canadian Open Tag Team Titles UWA:Mil Mascaras defeats Gran Hamada for the UWA World Middleweight Title [B][U]Weekly News:[/U][/B] -Randy Savage leaves CWA -Jim Garvin leaves WCCW -Norvell Austin released by CWA -Terry Gordy released by WCCW from his exclusive deal -The Purple Haze released by CWF -Luke Williams released by SWCW -Genichiro Tenryu released by AJPW -GCW signs Terry Taylor -WWC signs Scott Hall

Archived