Question to all Mod-Makers

Hello all,

Lately I've been working away on creating a fictional mod. My primary question is how people generally go about setting skill values for all of their workers. I assume this is an extremely long process? Do you use excel sheets and rate everyone compared to how you've ranked others already or is there a better way to go about this?

Additionally, I was wondering if there's any threads or advice with general modding tips that I should check out. I'm sure there's lots of advice out there that could save me some pretty big headaches.

The good thing on fictional mods is that whatever you decide to do is the right thing to do. I know I've heard people mention that they use the CVerse as a base - what percentage of workers are at X popularity, what percentage of workers have X at skills, etc. That way, it should be balanced.

You should check out this thread - you may find it helpful.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544973

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Judoku1819" data-cite="Judoku1819" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52363" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hello all,<p> </p><p> Lately I've been working away on creating a fictional mod. My primary question is how people generally go about setting skill values for all of their workers. I assume this is an extremely long process? Do you use excel sheets and rate everyone compared to how you've ranked others already or is there a better way to go about this?</p><p> </p><p> Additionally, I was wondering if there's any threads or advice with general modding tips that I should check out. I'm sure there's lots of advice out there that could save me some pretty big headaches.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty much. I use an excel sheet & a grading system for each character.</p><p> </p><p> 1-6 stars for each character.</p><p> </p><p> For example: 1 Star is 650-700 total value. The 50 point gap is because it would be annoying having to get each worker to exactly 700 points, also allows some 1 stars to be a little bit better/worse. The skills that's being used in the value is Brawling thru Flashiness, Charisma thru Acting & Basics thru Resilience into consideration. Not taking into account the more worker specific stuff like Star quality, experience, respect, sex appeal. Those are more based on the actual individual & shouldn't fall into the category of those points I allot for each star ranking.</p><p> </p><p> That's at least how I measure my workers stats. It's definitely a slog going through the entire thing, but it makes a much more balanced experience.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nerodragomir1" data-cite="nerodragomir1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52363" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1-6 stars for each character.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's interesting. What percentage of your workers fit into each star range? Like, is 3* or the the average and then it trickles into the upper and lower star ranges?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Judoku1819" data-cite="Judoku1819" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52363" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's interesting. What percentage of your workers fit into each star range? Like, is 3* or the the average and then it trickles into the upper and lower star ranges?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <a href="https://imgur.com/75X7Kc1" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/75X7Kc1</a></p><p> </p><p> Pepe the link to see how I do it. I'd say 3 star can be mid-level for sure.</p><p> </p><p> I typically rate them by how they are perceived in their world. Like in my DBZ mod. Goku is obviously 6 stars. Dabura would be 5 stars. Piccolo would be 4 star. Ginyu would be 3 star. Krillin would be 2 star & Roshi or Yamcha would be 1 star.</p><p> </p><p> It's your call where they land on the spectrum though.</p>