Great Lakes Wrestling (Cverse created fed)

[B]12-1-05[/B] I have been suckered into being Head Booker for Great Lakes Wrestling. It's Honest John Ford's new pet project. I have been the marketing genius behind Honest John being the # 1 Used Car Saleman in the Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana tri-state area. Now that he wants to expand into other states, and with his love of wrestling AND with his constant need to have his ego fed.......We now have [B]GLW[/B] and it's up to me to make it successful. Honest John Ford will be the front-man/announcer for the only federation in the Great Lakes Region. I, Gary Eldridge will lose all the advertising rights for his dealerships if I can't make GLW work. At least he's starting this out with $100,000 in the bank for me. [B]12-2-05[/B] Honest John sends me an email with two things I must achieve by this time next year. They are pretty easily reached goals if you ask me. Firstly, I must not have the federation be of smaller size than it is now and secondly, I must have at least $100,000 in the bank. [B]12-12-05[/B] The first show for Great Lakes Wrestling will be December 24, 2005. [B]GLW Showtime[/B] will introduce the fans to our great roster which includes Big Cat Brandon and Whistler among many others. [B]12-15-05[/B] We start running ads on Michigan TV as we will have our first show at The Asylum. The card will be: Des Davids VS. William Hayes Henry Bennett VS. Whistler MAIN EVENT American Machine VS. Big Cat Brandon NOTES: We start with 27.0 POP and 0 Prestige. $100,000 in the bank.

[B]12-24-05[/B] [B]GLW Showtime[/B] 875 peeps show up at the Asylum for the very first Great Lakes Wrestling show. The early arrivees saw a dark match between Julian Watson and Leroy. Leroy defeated Julian Watson in 7:58 by pinfall with a G.B.H. Driver. It got an E on my scorecard. The show really got started when Honest John Ford came out an spoke to the crowd from the ring. He put over tonights MAIN EVENT between American Machine and Big Cat Brandon. Then he discussed that he has plans to take GLW worldwide when the time comes. He mentioned his new car dealership just down the road from the Asylum. Finally he put over the MAIN EVENT at the next show would be Joey Minnesota and Nathan Coleman. With that he thanked the crowd once again and started the show. [B]B-[/B] [B]Des Davids VS. William Hayes[/B] William Hayes defeated Des Davids in 12:58 by pinfall. These two don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. Des was really off his game, but you could tell he improved as the match progressed. [B]E[/B] Des Davids stayed in the ring after the match and said that despite losing he was proud of the effort he had put forth and that he attributed that effort to his workout regimen. He said that through hard work and dedication that anyone can have success and that while you want to win every match, that doing your best was what was important. [B]D[/B] The monitors show the American Made Men(American Machine & Whislter). Whistler is telling American Machine that he needs to concentrate on his MAIN EVENT match and not worry about the "old man's" match. [B]C+[/B] [B]Henry Bennett VS. Whistler[/B] Whistler defeated Henry Bennett in 9:39 by pinfall with a Rebel Yell. The "old man" knew what he was talking about as he easily dispatched Henry Bennett. [B]C[/B] Big Cat Brandon is shown on the in-house monitors warming up backstage. He looks ready. [B]B-[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]American Machine VS. Big Cat Brandon[/B] Big Cat Brandon defeated American Machine in 12:49 by pinfall with a Big Cat Pounce. During the match we also had Danny Rushmore run in and attack American Machine. You have to wonder if Big Cat Brandon and Danny Rushmore had that attack planned or does Danny just have it in for American Machine? Willow and the Big Cat had referee Jay Fair distracted when Rushmore made his attack, so one would think it was a coordinated attack. [B]C+[/B] The show ended with GLW/Honest John Ford T-Shirts being fired into the crowd by Willow. [B]C+[/B] A very nice show if I say so myself. [B]C[/B] [B]12-25-05[/B] We pick up 0.4 POP to put us at 27.4. [B]12-26-05[/B] We reach non-agression pacts with DAVE and NOTBPW. [B]1-1-06[/B] We made $4,831 for the month of December. We plan on having 2 shows in January. We have also decided to have each show be [B]GLW Showtime[/B] until circumstances dictate otherwise.

[B]1-10-06[/B] [B]GLW Showtime[/B] WOW!!!!! A sellout crowd of 1,000 are on hand tonight for the second show in Great Lakes Wrestling history. The early arrivees, and there were quite a few got to see a Dark Match between Danny Rushmore and Julian Watson. Danny Rushmore defeated Julian Watson in 7:57 by pinfall. This match got a [B]D[/B] on my scorecard. Nice match for one in the dark. The music hits and out walks Joss Thompson. He gets on the mic and is basically telling everyone that it might take him some time, but he will one day be the Great Lakes Heavyweight Champion. That is if they ever have a belt in this rinky-dink promotion. [B]C-[/B] [B]Joss Thompson VS. Samoan Machine[/B] Joss Thompson drew with Samoan Machine in 15:00 when the time limit expired. I think I hit the GOLD MINE with this one, as they have GREAT CHEMISTRY!!! Back and forth action where they both carried the match at certain times. They were still going at it pretty evenly when out of nowhere the bell rung. [B]C-[/B] The monitors light up and they show William Hayes backstage. He is trying to get Marc Speed fired up for his upcoming match against Frankie Perez. William doesn't look to be very successful. [B]E[/B] [B]Frankie Perez VS. Marc Speed[/B] Frankie Perez defeated Marc Speed in 11:43 by submission with a P-Clutch. These two have pretty good chemistry that help to lift the match. Both were very good on the mat but Marc made one mistake and Frankie was able to make him tap out. [B]D[/B] Honest John Ford steps out from behind the annoucers table and climbs into the ring. Joss Thompson actually had a good point about us not having a champion here in GLW. I was really wanting to wait a little bit before announcing this, but I guess now is as good a time as any. In two weeks at the next GLW Showtime, there will be a 4-way elimination match with the winner being named the Great Lakes Heavyweight Champion. Also, they will get this mighty fine strap. With that Honest John Ford shows the belt to all in attendance. He makes to leave the ring and then says "Oh yeah, I guess you want to know who is in the 4-way. It will be Amercian Machine VS. Big Cat Brandon VS. Tribal Warrior VS. Whistler. [B]B-[/B] Cat Jemson comes out to the ring with her client Nathan Coleman. They both put over that while Joey might one day be a great wrestler, that day isn't tonight. As such, Nathan will put a hurting on Joey. [B]C[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]Joey Minnesota VS. Nathan Coleman[/B] Joey Minnesota defeated Nathan Coleman in 11:58 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Maybe Joey isn't ready to beat Nathan straight up, but he did beat him. The record books won't show that Joey used the ropes. [B]C+[/B] Cat Jemson stays out and fires some GLW/Honest John Ford Auto dealership T-Shirts into the crowd. [B]B-[/B] A sellout crowd. Great Chemistry and a Pretty Good Chemistry. A C+ Main Event. That's a good show, I don't care where ya from. [B]C[/B] [B]1-11-06[/B] We move up another 0.4 to 27.8 POP. I was hoping for a slightly larger boost from this show. Also, Cat Jemson split with her boyfriend Kurt Laramee.

[B]1-24-06[/B] [B]GLW Showtime[/B] 856 people are on hand for tonight's show. That is a little disappointing as we crown the Great Lakes Heavyweight champion in a 4-way Elimination match tonight. The early arrivees get to see the Dark Match between two newcomers Joey Poison and Kashmir Singh. Kashmir Singh defeated Joey Poison in 7:49 by count out. I gave the match an E on my grading scale. Des Davids is alone in the ring before his match with Joss Thompson. He is out to extoll the virtues of hard work and perseverance. Having a workout regimen and sticking to it. Taking your supplements and getting enough rest. "I will show you tonight what good comes out of all this work." [B]D[/B] [B]Des Davids VS. Joss Thompson[/B] Joss Thompson defeated Des Davids in 11:32 by pinfall with a Clean Cutter. Hmmm. Des's plan just isn't working for him. This match wasn't very good either. [B]E[/B] As Des is walking back to the locker room, Joss picks up a mic and taunts Des. Joss says that all he does to stay in shape is some situps and that his drink of choice is Guinness not protein shakes. Joss then laughs at Des. [B]D[/B] [B]Darryl Devine VS. Henry Bennett[/B] Darryl Devine defeated Henry Bennett in 13:30 by pinfall with a Devine Dream Drop. Devine looks to be a very good young worker. Nice match from these two. [B]C-[/B] Honest John Ford stands up at the announcers table and gets Darryl's attention. "Darryl, I want to reward you for that performance. In two weeks you will be in the MAIN EVENT. You will face Big Cat Brandon. If he happens to win the title here in a few minutes, it will be his first defense. Otherwise, it will be one heck of a match. [B]B-[/B] A video is on the monitors showcasing highlights of American Machine/Big Cat Brandon/Tribal Warrior/Whistler. [B]C-[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]GREAT LAKES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP[/B] [B]4-Way Elimination Match[/B] [B]American Machine/Big Cat Brandon/Tribal Warrior/Whistler[/B] This was a great match. It went back and forth with Tribal Warrior getting eliminated after 6 minutes. Then the American Made Men started double-teaming Big Cat Brandon. They were putting a big beatdown on him when American Machine got carried away and knocked himself and Big Cat out cold. Big Cat happened to land on top of him and Jay Fair counted 1,2,3. From there all Whistler had to do was turn Big Cat over and cover him for the win. [B]Whistler wins the Great Lakes Heavyweight title[/B]. [B]C[/B] Whistler having picked up the victory goes out into the crowd to celebrate with his peeps. [B]C[/B] We have our first Great Lakes Heavyweight Champion:Whistler. We had pretty good chemistry in the Dark Match. We have a nice MAIN EVENT setup for the next show. [B]C-[/B] [B]1-25-06[/B] We went up 0.4 again to reach 28.2 POP. [B]2-1-06[/B] We made $5,702 in the month of January. For the near future we are going to stick with shows every other week. This has been one nice run so far. Three good shows. Let's hope we can keep it up.

[B]2-10-06[/B] [B]GLW Showtime[/B] 921 peeps at the Asylum tonight for GLW action. The early arrivees get to see the Dark Match between Henry Bennett and Raphael. Henry Bennett defeated Raphael in 7:33 by pinfall. These two have pretty good chemistry and I graded the match a D. Honest John Ford opens the show in the ring. He's talking about last shows 4-way elimination where Whistler won the Great Lakes Heavyweight championship. "I'll admit that when I was making that match between Darryl Devine and Big Cat Brandon for tonights MAIN EVENT, that I thought it would be Big Cat's first title defense. Nevertheless, I'm confident they will put on a great match for you guys. In two weeks time the MAIN EVENT will be Whistler's 1st title defense and his opponent will be Joey Minnesota. Now lets get this show started. [B]B-[/B] [B]Leroy VS. Samoan Machine[/B] Samoan Machine defeated Leroy in 12:56 by submission with an Unbreakable Sleeper. There was some stiff hits in this one, but the Samoan was getting the better of it when he was able to slap on the sleeper hold and put Leroy out. [B]E[/B] After the match, Samoan Machine gets a mic and issues a challenge to Joss Thompson for the next show. "We went 15 minutes and it wasn't enough to prove who was the better man. I know I am. To leave no doubt about it, let's do a best of 7 series so the fans will know for sure." [B]C-[/B] [B]Danny Rushmore VS. Frankie Perez[/B] Frankie Perez defeated Danny Rushmore in 10:50 by submission with a P-Clutch. This one surprised me a bit as I let Duncan Kendall handle this match. Danny did seem off his game tonight and these two don't seem to click. Frankie looks to like to make people tap out. [B]D[/B] We see Joss Thompson on the monitors from backstage. "Samoan Machine, I'll be happy to kick your ass four times in a row. Then, I'll move on to bigger and better matches. You better make sure your insurance is all paid up." [B]C[/B] Darryl Devine has a microphone, and proceeds to taunt Big Cat Brandon, calling him names and generally acting like he is totally unafraid. Darryl put over that he was mightily disappointed at this not being for the title. "However, that won't matter. I'll just use this as a tuneup for when I do get a title shot. [B]C+[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]Big Cat Brandon VS. Darryl Devine[/B] Big Cat Brandon defeated Darryl Devine in 15:47 by pinfall with a Big Cat Pounce. The Big Cat was exhausted by the end, but was able to get the pin. Willow did some good work at ringside giving BCB the chance to get some rest from time to time. She was able to distract Darryl long enough for Big Cat to Pounce and win. [B]C+[/B] Willow stays out after the match and fires some GLW/Honest John Ford T-Shirts into the crowd. [B]C+[/B] Pretty nice show. We set-up the Best of 7 between Joss Thompson/Samoan Machine. Found out another pretty good chemistry pair. Also put over next shows MAIN EVENT. [B]C[/B] [B]2-11-06[/B] We go up 0.4 to hit 28.6. Slow but steady improvement.

[B]2-24-06[/B] [B]GLW Showtime[/B] Big decrease in attendance. Only 615 peeps show up tonight. I'm not sure what to attribute that to. The early arrivees get to see the Dark Match between Joey Poison and Kashmir Singh. Kashmir Singh defeated Joey Poison in 7:37 by submission after blatantly cheating. This match was an E. Samoan Machine is shown on the in-house monitors while warming up backstage. He looks ready. [B]B[/B] [B]Best of 7[/B] [B]Joss Thompson VS. Samoan Machine[/B] This is the first match in the Best of Seven series between these two talented youngsters who have great chemistry. Samoan Machine defeated Joss Thompson in 13:38 by pinfall with a Samoan Driver. Very nice match that had Joss getting frustrated midway through as it was being tougher than he expected. Machine just had the better of the action and took a 1-0 lead in the best of 7. [B]C-[/B] Honest John speaks from the announcers table and and puts over the MAIN EVENT tonight as it's Whistler's 1st title defense. It is against another talented youngster, Joey Minnesota. "Next shows MAIN EVENT will be American Machine VS. Big Cat Brandon." [B]B-[/B] Honest John calls our Nathan Coleman and his manager Cat Jemson. He joins them in the ring in advance of Nathan's match with Tribal Warrior. Cat and Nathan question John on when Nathan can expect a title shot. "Nathan will get a title shot when he EARNS it." [B]C[/B] [B]Nathan Coleman VS. Tribal Warrior[/B] Nathan Coleman defeated Tribal Warrior in 10:48 by submission. I'm not too sure how much this will go in getting Nathan a title shot, but it wasn't too bad of a match. Nothing specatacular, but the crowd enjoyed it. [B]C-[/B] Joey Minnesota is out for his shot at the Great Lakes title tonight and he gets on the mic. "I really want to thank John, uh Honest John for this opportunity tonight. I really appreciate the chance to take the title from the old man tonight. Whistler, the game has passed you by. You really need to move backstage and let the new wave take over. Tonight, I'm gonna convince you to do just that." [B]C+[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]Great Lakes Heavyweight Championship[/B] [B]Joey Minnesota VS. Whistler(C)[/B] Whistler defeated Joey Minnesota in 14:37 by pinfall with a Rebel Yell. Whistler makes defence number 1 of his Great Lakes Heavyweight title. Even with Whistler really off his game, he's able to hold onto his belt. You could see that what Joey said had messed with Whistler's mind. However, experience won out and Whistler is still the Great Lakes Heavyweight Champion!!! [B]C+[/B] Very nice show. I was shocked at the drop in attendance. The industry is sagging a bit, but the economy is rocking. Still it was a good show. [B]C[/B] [B]2-25-06[/B] We went up 0.4 to reach 29.0 POP. [B]3-1-06[/B] We made $4,199 for the month of February. Things are going OK so far. I would really like to get to C- POP before too much longer as the industry is getting weaker.

[B]3-10-06[/B] [B]GLW Showtime[/B] I was able to sign someone earlier today and get them here at the Asylum for tonights show. 994 peeps show up. Much better than last show. The early arrivees get to witness the Dark Match between Julian Watson and Leroy. Julian Watson defeated Leroy in 7:51 by pinfall with an Overhead Flip Slam. I gave the match an E on my unofficial scorecard. What's this??? Wolf Hawkins is shown arriving backstage, much to the surprise of the announcers. Honest John went over the top and the crowd gave a nice POP. Wolf Hawkins has come to GLW. [B]C[/B] More backstage action as Willow and Big Cat Brandon make fun of American Machine's love of the country. "I like this country, but to be so sickening sweet about it like he is makes me well...sick." "Tonight I will Pounce on him and his patriotic ass." [B]C[/B] [B]Des Davids/Frankie Perez VS. Primo(Marc Speed and William Hayes)[/B] Time for some tag action here in Great Lakes Wrestling. Primo defeated Des Davids and Frankie Perez in 12:06 when Marc Speed defeated Des Davids by submission. The named team gets the win. It was a pretty good match for an opener. We will see Primo and possibly could see Des/Frankie in the future. [B]D[/B] Honest John from the announcers table. He seems excited about Wolf Hawkins joining the roster. He then puts over the match between American Machine and Big Cat. Finally he wraps up with "In two weeks time we will see Whistler defend his strap against Tribal Warrior. Warrior hasn't been on top of his game lately, but he is a top-level wrester and will get this shot." [B]B-[/B] Wolf Hawkins is in the ring with a microphone. "I just arrived here in GLW and I want a match tonight. Now I know that I was a surprise here tonight, but there has to be someone in the back who wants to wrassle. Is there anyone out there???" [B]C+[/B] Henry Bennett comes out to the ring and says "I might not have been Tommy Cornell's baby boy, but I'm a professional and I'm willing to show you how we do it GLW style." [B]C-[/B] [B]Henry Bennett VS. Wolf Hawkins[/B] These two didn't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout. Still though it was entertaining. Wolf Hawkins defeated Henry Bennett in 12:36 by pinfall with a Full Moon Rising. As he exited the ring, Wolf gave off an Awoooooooooooo!!! [B]C-[/B] American Machine is shown on the in-house monitors while warming up backstage for his upcoming match with Big Cat Brandon. He looks ready. [B]B[/B] Willow is backstage, psyching up Big Cat Brandon for his upcoming match with American Machine. [B]C-[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]American Machine VS. Big Cat Brandon[/B] Big Cat Brandon defeated American Machine in 13:47 by pinfall with a Big Cat Pounce. American Machine was trying to tire out the Big Cat and he was starting to look tired when he exploded thru the Machine and hit the Big Cat Pounce and then pinned him. [B]C+[/B] Nice show. We debuted a promising young Wolf Hawkins. We had a tag match that went well and Big Cat and American Machine gave us another main event that was good enough without being a title match. [B]C[/B] [B]3-11-06[/B] We went up 0.4 to reach 29.4 POP.

You are correct sir!!!! Traditional 0 Prestige 27.0 POP in Great Lakes Region $100,000 Honest John Ford on a lifetime at $1,500 a month 61.0 POP in Great Lakes with good mic skills. Everyone else original Cverse peeps.

[B]3-24-06[/B] [B]GLW Showtime[/B] Only 606 peeps in attendance tonight here at the Asylum. The second show of the month seems to be hurting for paying customers. I need to see if it's Whistleritis or second showitis. The early peeps see Kashmir Singh and Raphael. Kashmir Singh defeated Raphael in 7:34 by pinfall. This one was an E. Honest John steps into the ring. "Tonight we get to see our Champion take on the evil Tribal Warrior. Also, Danny Rushmore does batte against hog-riding Nathan Coleman. To start thing off we get round 2 in the Best of 7 between Joss Thompson and Samoan Machine. The Samoan leads 1-0. The MAIN EVENT next show will be found out when the competitors walk into the ring. That's right, it's a SECRET!!!! [B]B[/B] [B]Best of 7[/B] [B]Joss Thompson VS. Samoan Machine[/B] 1-0 Samoan Machine Joss Thompson defeated Samoan Machine in 12:53 by pinfall with a Clean Cutter. This one is all tied up now. These two were born to wrestle each other and put on a great show for the fans. Joss took control at the 10-minute mark and was able to hit his finisher to get the pin. 1-1 Even best of 7. [B]C-[/B] [B]Danny Rushmore VS. Nathan Coleman[/B] Nathan Coleman defeated Danny Rushmore in 11:17 by pinfall. The monster against the biker. This was a slugfest that Nathan was able to survive and get the pin. [B]C-[/B] Cat and Nathan are arguing after the match and Honest John can't but help meet them in the ring and ask them what's going on. Nathan says that he just doesn't need Cat's services anymore and fires her on the spot. [B]C[/B] Tribal Warrior is shown on the in-house monitors while warming up backstage for his title match against Whistler. He looks ready.....and scary!!! [B]A[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]Great Lakes Heavyweight Championship[/B] [B]Tribal Warrior VS. Whistler(C)[/B] Whistler defeated Tribal Warrior in 13:40 by pinfall with a Rebel Yell. Whistler makes defence number 2 of his Great Lakes Heavyweight title. [B]C-[/B] Free GLW/Honest John Ford T-Shirts are fired into the crowd by a visibly upset Cat Jemson. [B]B-[/B] Not the best main event out of Tribal Warrior/Whistler. The other two matches were really nice. [B]C-[/B] [B]3-25-06[/B] We tread water with this show and stay at 29.4 POP. [B]4-1-06[/B] We made $2,959 in March.

[B]4-10-06[/B] [B]GLW Showtime[/B] Our second sellout in our short history and we have 90 minutes of action for the fans tonight. The Asylum had everything in the bright lights tonight. [B]Julian Watson/Raphael VS. Primo(Marc Speed/William Hayes)[/B] Primo defeated Julian Watson and Raphael in 9:44 when Marc Speed defeated Raphael by pinfall. Primo look good again getting the win over a couple of mostly dark match workers. [B]D[/B] Honest John is up and thanking the fans for selling out the place. "We feel the love from the peeps when you show up like this. We've got a great match between Darryl Devine and Joey Minnesota for you. Also, we have a surprise MAIN EVENT for you guys that I'm sure you're gonna love. [B]B-[/B] [B]Frankie Perze VS. Leroy[/B] These two have pretty good chemistry and it lifted the match. Frankie Perez defeated Leroy in 10:58 by submission with a P-Clutch. Man, I would hate to be put in the P-Clutch. [B]D[/B] After the match, Frankie gets on the mic. P-Dawg in da house. Woof Woof Woof!!! Tonight I made Leroy tap, and I can do this to anyone in the federation. It's time I moved up to bigger and better matches. [B]C-[/B] [B]American Machine VS. Henry Bennett[/B] Henry Bennett defeated American Machine in 12:09 by pinfall following interference from Danny Rushmore. American Machine was in easy control of Henry before Danny Rushmore hit him with a chair while Jay Fair was distracted by Henry. After that all Henry had to do was make the cover. [B]C-[/B] DANNY RUSHMORE!!! I'm sick and tired of you messing in my and Whistler's matches. It's time we did something about it. In two weeks, the American Made Men challenge you and Big Cat Brandon to a tag match!!! [B]C[/B] Joey Minnesota is shown on the in-house monitors while warming up backstage. He looks ready. [B]B+[/B] Frankie Perez is backstage, psyching up Darryl Devine for his upcoming match. "You know u got this dude. Even if he's Honest John's favorite, you can still take him down." [B]D[/B] [B]Darryl Devine VS. Joey Minnesota[/B] All Hell broke loose in this one. They were going at it from the opening bell until the bell rung to end the match. Darryl Devine drew with Joey Minnesota in 16:38 following a double count out. They both got carried away and fought their way back to the locker room. [B]C+[/B] Honest John Ford calls out Big Cat Brandon. Willow comes with him. "Well Big Cat. What do you think about that tag challenge put forth by American Machine?" "I don't think Honest John, I just pounce. Since it's another chance to get at Whistler, Danny and I will take the match." Willow spoke up and said something about wanting to go shopping. Honest John then said "Well, since you like beating on Whistler, Let's make tonight's secret MAIN EVENT a title match between you and Whistler and it starts right now!!!! [B]C[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]Great Lakes Heavyweight Championship[/B] [B]Big Cat Brandon VS. Whistler(C)[/B] Whislter was almost counted out as he ran out from the locker room. These two were both looking tired when Whistler defeated Big Cat Brandon in 11:53 by pinfall with a Rebel Yell. Whistler makes defence number 3 of his Great Lakes Heavyweight title. Whistler grabs his belt and heads back up the ramp where American Machine is waiting. Danny Rushmore joins Big Cat Brandon in the ring and the two groups stare at each other as the show ends. [B]C+[/B] Very good show. [B]C+[/B] [B]4-11-06[/B] We went up 0.6 to reach 30.0 POP!!! Hopefully, next show will make us Regional.

[B]4-24-06[/B] [B]GLW Showtime[/B] 680 peeps for the second show of the month here at the Asylum. We will definietly be gong to one show a month. The early arrivees get to see Joey Poison and Leroy in a dark match. Leroy defeated Joey Poison in 7:34 by pinfall with a G.B.H. Driver. This one was an E. [B]Best of 7[/B] [B]Joss Thompson VS. Samoan Machine[/B] 1-1 tied. Another nice match for these two workers who have great chemistry. They also have no trouble working good minutes. Joss Thompson defeated Samoan Machine in 13:23 by pinfall with a Clean Cutter. Joss Thompson 2 Samoan Machine 1 [B]C-[/B] Des Davids and Cat Jemson come out to the ring together. Cat Jemson says that she is the new manager of Des Davids. With the two of us pairing up, I will lead Des Davids to great things in the future. [B]C-[/B] [B]Des Davids VS. Henry Bennett[/B] Henry Bennett defeated Des Davids in 9:49 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Cat wasn't able to provide that much help for Des. [B]D[/B] Tribal Warrior is shown on the in-house monitors while warming up backstage for his upcoming match with Wolf Hawkins. He looks ready. [B]A*[/B] [B]Tribal Warrior VS. Wolf Hawkins[/B] These two don't seem to click and it made for an awkward, yet entertaining bout. Wolf Hawkins defeated Tribal Warrior in 12:58 by pinfall with a Full Moon Rising. The kid just destroyed him. [B]C-[/B] Wolf gets the mic "I'm 2-0 so far and I don't see anyone, I repeat ANYONE who can stop me. AWOOOOOOOOOO!!! [B]C+[/B] Honest John Ford moves into the ring. "Next up we will have Joey Minnesota against motorcycle riding Nathan Coleman. That will be followed by the tag match between American Made Men and the Monstrous team of Big Cat Brandon and Danny Rushmore. Maybe they can settle their score. Next month we will have 1 show and it will be GLW BREAKOUT. The MAIN EVENT will be Big Cat Brandon in his last title shot for some time against the champion Whistler. [B]B[/B] [B]Joey Minnesota VS. Nathan Coleman[/B] Joey Minnesota defeated Nathan Coleman in 14:39 by disqualification. These two were going at it evenly until Nathan wouldn't break a hold in the ropes and Jay Fair DQ him. It was a puzzling ending to what had been a good match to that point. We need to see this one again sometime soon. [B]C+[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]American Made Men(American Machine/Whistler) VS. Big Cat Brandon/Danny Rushmore[/B] American Made Men drew with Big Cat Brandon and Danny Rushmore in 9:11 following a double disqualification. Too much hate between these 4. Jay Fair couldn't keep control and threw the match out. [B]C[/B] Willow comes out and fires GLW/Honest John Ford T-Shirts into the crowd. [B]C+[/B] Pretty good show. [B]C[/B] [B]4-25-06[/B] We went up 0.4 to reach 30.4 POP. We now have a small degree of Prestige(9.7%). REGIONAL BABY!!!! [B]5-1-06[/B] We made $2,888 for the month of April. I contacted all the TV networks that broadcast in USA and/or Canada in the hopes of picking up a TV show. I honestly don't expect to get one as we just hit Regional. Nevertheless, it's worth the try. [B]5-8-06[/B] Well, we didn't get any TV shows. That's OK as I think we will be better prepared for one in 3 months time.

[B]5-17-06[/B] [B]GLW Breakout[/B] 1,000 patients tonight in the Asylum. It's an electrified crowd. It might be due the shock therapy or it could be the wrestling. The early arrivees get to see a dark match between Frankie Perez and Leroy. Frankie Perez defeated Leroy in 7:56 by submission with a P-Clutch. This one gets a D. Primo are in the ring with microphones. They claim that they are so good that they cannot be defeated by anyone, and so they are making an open challenge for any team on the roster or any two jabronis in the back to face them in a tag team match. [B]C-[/B] Joey Poison and Julian Watson come out and charge into the ring. I guess they are teaming up against Primo tonight. [B]E[/B] [B]Primo(Marc Speed/William Hayes) VS. Joey Poison/Julian Watson[/B] Primo defeated Joey Poison and Julian Watson in 12:54 when William Hayes defeated Julian Watson by submission. Primo did what they could to carry Joey and Julian. It wasn't that great of a match. [B]E[/B] Joss Thompson is out in advance of match four of his best of 7 with Samoan Machine. "I might have lost the 1st match, but now I have the momentum and will win this thing 4-1. So get ready to see the Machine get dismantled." [B]C[/B] [B]Best of 7[/B] [B]Joss Thompson VS. Samoan Machine[/B] Joss 2 Samoan 1. Samoan Machine defeated Joss Thompson in 17:41 by submission with an Unbreakable Sleeper. These guys didn't look the least bit tired like some of our more experienced workers do. Great match that ended with Joss visiting dreamland. The series is now tied at 2-2. [B]C-[/B] Wolf Hawkins is shown on the in-house monitors while warming up backstage for his match against Danny Rushmore. He looks ready. [B]B+[/B] [B]Danny Rushmore VS. Wolf Hawkins[/B] These two have great chemistry that showed in their performance tonight. Wolf Hawkins defeated Danny Rushmore in 9:04 by pinfall with a Full Moon Rising. These guys will most likely be finding themselves matched up again. [B]C[/B] Wolf Hawkins stays in the ring and proceeds to challenge Joey Minnesota to a match at GLW Wild Times. "Anyone with half a brain can see that Honest John really likes Joey, if you know what I mean. I'm not only going to defeat Joey Minnesota, I'm going to embarrass him. [B]C+[/B] Honest John steps into the recently vacated ring. "Well well well, Wolfie thinks he can beat Joey Minnesota. I guess if you've been in TCW, that GLW wrestlers don't seem that good. I for one believe Wolfie is going to be in for a surprise if Joey sees fit to wrestle him. But I digress.....Our next show will be in June. GLW Wild Times. Featured on the card we will have a Tribal Warrior, a Wolf and a Big Cat. Be sure to catch them all at GLW Wild Times. [B]B[/B] [B]Darryl Devine VS. Kashmir Singh[/B] This one smelled of a mismatch and it was. Darryl Devine defeated Kashmir Singh in 3:44 by pinfall with a Devine Dream Drop. Surprisingly, it was a very entertaining match. They crowd dug it. [B]C-[/B] Joey Minnesota appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Wolf Hawkins, he'll face him at GLW Wild Times. [B]C+[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]Great Lakes Heavyewight Championship[/B] [B]Big Cat Brandon VS. Whistler(C)[/B] Big Cat Brandon defeated Whistler in 11:41 by pinfall when Willow interfered. Big Cat Brandon wins the Great Lakes Heavyweight title. I can't believe that Jay Fair didn't see Willow trip Whistler as he was going for his Rebel Yell. Nonetheless, Big Cat took advantage of a stunned Whistler and got the pin for the win. We have a new Great Lakes Heavyweight Champion!!! [B]C+[/B] The show wraps up with Willow handing out some GLW T-Shirts. Of course, they have Honest John Ford's car dealerships listed on the back. [B]C+[/B] I'm very pleased with the sellout crowd. The new champion is interesting. We discovered another pair with great chemistry. [B]C[/B] [B]5-18-06[/B] We go up 0.4 to reach 30.8 POP. [B]6-1-06[/B] With only one show worth of expenses, we make $12,246 in the month of May. This will allow us to look at bringing in some new top talent.

[B]6-17-06[/B] [B]GLW Wild Times[/B] 950 peeps here at the Asylum as the wrestling industry is taking a hit in the media right now. Too much violence they say. Whatever!!!! [B]Julian Watson VS. Rhino Umaga[/B] Rhino Umaga defeated Julian Watson in 3:12 by pinfall with a Rhino Charge. Rhino in a total squash where he just dominated Julian. [B]E[/B] Rhino asks for and of course he got the mic. "I'm here to help out my bra man. You know him as the Samoan Machine, I call him family. He just needs to develop a killer instinct like I have bra. Then he be righteous. [B]D[/B] Samoan Machine is shown on the in-house monitors while warming up backstage. He looks ready. [B]B[/B] [B]Best of 7[/B] [B]Joss Thompson VS. Samoan Machine[/B] Joss 2 Samaon 2 Samoan Machine defeated Joss Thompson in 11:42 by submission with an Unbreakable Sleeper. Joss needs to learn to be on the watchout for that sleeper hold. That's 2 in a row that Samoan Machine has put him to sleep. He is just 1 win away from winning the Best of 7. Samoan Machine leads Joss Thompson 3-2. [B]C[/B] Java is shown arriving backstage, much to the surprise of the Honest John. "I wonder if this mean we will have tag action from Savage Fury tonight???" [B]C-[/B] [B]Leroy VS. Nathan Coleman[/B] Nathan Coleman defeated Leroy in 5:27 by pinfall. This was a "stay busy" match for Nathan and it ended up being a showcase for both of these guys. They have great chemistry and it showed in their performances. Imagine this fight once Leroy gets better!!! [B]C-[/B] Some kid comes out and jumps on the mic. "My good buddy Darryl Devine said that I should come check out the action here in Great Lakes Wrestling. Since I'm not one to avoid action, I'm here and since I'm here I might as well fight. Someone, anyone from the back, come on down. [B]C-[/B] [B]Jacob Jett VS. Kazuma Narato[/B] What a debut for both. Kazuma was definitely a little too much for Jacob. Kazuma Narato defeated Jacob Jett in 8:16 by pinfall with a Narato Stunner. Good thing was that Jacob sold like a champ. [B]C[/B] Some large guy is shown on the monitors. Looks like he's warming up backstage. [B]A[/B] [B]Savage Fury(Java/Tribal Warrior) VS. Team Greatness(Frankie Perez/Prince Adam)[/B] Savage Fury defeated Team Greatness in 9:53 when Java defeated Prince Adam by pinfall with a Greetings From The Islands. The veterans clearly carried the youngsters to a decent tag match. [B]C-[/B] [B]Joey Minnesota VS. Wolf Hawkins[/B] These two don't click at all. I really had high hopes for this matchup and while the fans enjoyed seeing these two go at it, it wasn't the best wrestling. Wolf Hawkins defeated Joey Minnesota in 10:48 by pinfall with a Full Moon Rising. Awooooooooo!!! [B]C[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT[/B] [B]Great Lakes Heavyweight Championship[/B] [B]American Machine VS. Big Cat Brandon[/B] Big Cat Brandon defeated American Machine in 9:22 by pinfall with a Big Cat Pounce. Big Cat Brandon makes defence number 1 of his Great Lakes Heavyweight title. Well that's pretty much total defeat for American Made Men when it comes with dealing with the Big Cat. Very nice match. [B]C+[/B] "I know you folks were wondering when are we going to hear from Honest John. Trust me folks, I will never disappoint you. How did you like tonights 90 minutes of action? That's what I thought to. We have so much talent that next month at [B]GLW Best of the Best[/B], we will be moving to a 2-hour show. To add even more excitement, the whole card will be a [I]secret[/I]. [B]B-[/B] And with that, the show ended. Some very nice matches in there. Another great chemistry and unfortunately a don't click from two top workers. [B]C[/B] [B]6-18-06[/B] We move up 0.4 to reach 31.2 POP. [B]7-1-06[/B] WEXXV has gone out of business. We made $10,384 in the month of June. If I could be sure that the attendance on a second show wouldn't drop drastically, I would go back to two shows a month. The economy would support it, but wrestling just isn't "hot" right now.

Archived