New 2001 Beta 0.4 Release

Howdy, longtime lurker and player, first time poster :) With permission from Woodmeister, I'm going to be releasing an update to his 2001 Reality Check beta. I've focused on adding workers, relationships, and a few indy promotions. Pictures have not been added for new workers, promotions, or titles. Some liberties have been taken with the Jan. 1st start date with the young guys if I couldn't find any proof they didn't work for whatever promotion until a few months later in the year. Next I would like to continue to flesh out the indies already added as well as come up with more staff (refs, announcers, etc) to be able to work for the indies. I've kept all the non-worker files Woodmeister already had because I figure you guys know what storyline and location and whatever other mods you like, so for now your on your own there. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated, because I don't know much outside of the Big 3 from this period and have been going on personal research alone thus far. Enjoy. Beta 0.4 June 19th 2006 Starting Date: January 2001 Workers: 404 Locations: 290 Promotions: 10 Promotion Pacts: 7 Gimmicks: 192 Angles: 344 Storylines: 32 Tag Teams: 100 Stables: 22 Worker Relationships: 267 Titles: 40 Events: 99 TV Shows: 9 TV Slots: 13 TV Networks: 41 Other TV Shows: 27 Promotions (All North American): Border City Wrestling, Combat Zone Wrestling, Extreme Championship Wrestling, IWA Mid South, Memphis Championship Wrestling, Ohio Valley Wrestling, Ultimate Pro Wrestling World Championship Wrestling, World Wrestling Federation, Xtreme Pro Wrestling. Files: [url]http://rapidshare.de/files/23528856/2001_Beta_0.4_Data.rar.html[/url] or a non-rs mirror provided by david2006efc [url]http://two.fsphost.com/letsgoangle/2...a_0.4_Data.rar[/url] People, Belts, and Logos can be found in Woodmeister's original thread at: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12681[/url]

hope this works out for you bud just a few things ive noticed you havent put what type the finishers are for some workers that ive noticed Sabu, Bryan Danielson, Brian Kendrick im sure i had added the last two (Spanky and Danielson) must have been for my 1.4 update, they were in memphis at the time under WWF development contracts. you havent given most people the power/strength stat why is that? the public enemy were in XPW at the time as Rocko and Jocko Costalano dreamer, nova and other ecw alumni didnt work upw/bcw untill mid jan when ecw was bankrupt and nova/kazarian didnt team untill the end of jan.

Thanks for the early encouragement guys. [QUOTE=Woodsmeister]hope this works out for you bud just a few things ive noticed you havent put what type the finishers are for some workers that ive noticed Sabu, Bryan Danielson, Brian Kendrick[/QUOTE] Perhaps I misinterpreted this. I thought pinfall was a move that became a pin, like an inside cradle or sitout powerbomb, and submission is self explained, so a move that just [I]leads[/I] to a pinfall is left as "none." Am I wrong on this one? [QUOTE]im sure i had added the last two (Spanky and Danielson) must have been for my 1.4 update, they were in memphis at the time under WWF development contracts.[/QUOTE] Put it on the to-do list. [QUOTE]you havent given most people the power/strength stat why is that?[/QUOTE] I guess I always interpreted that as a stat in favor of bigger guys who do "power" moves, so the Spankys and lightweights don't get the power stats like a Kane or Sid. Then again, maybe I'm just wrong here too. Clarification would be nice. [QUOTE]the public enemy were in XPW at the time as Rocko and Jocko Costalano dreamer, nova and other ecw alumni didnt work upw/bcw untill mid jan when ecw was bankrupt and nova/kazarian didnt team untill the end of jan.[/QUOTE] Thanks, I wasn't sure when PE started there. For the ECW guys, I guess I was just fleshing out the indy rosters. But you're right, since they didn't start until after ECW's demise, I guess I'll nix 'em to keep it realistic. If the indies wanna sign them then, they can. Thanks for taking time out to have a look at this. I'm not trying to do your name wrong :D Here's some names I could use some info on from the time if anybody knows or alter egos for these guys that I can look up: IWA-MS - Cash Flo Todd Morton Suicide Kid Rollin' Hard Mitch Page And I saw that the Briscoes were in CZW in 2001. Anybody know if they started sometime before 1/1/01?

[QUOTE]Perhaps I misinterpreted this. I thought pinfall was a move that became a pin, like an inside cradle or sitout powerbomb, and submission is self explained, so a move that just leads to a pinfall is left as "none." Am I wrong on this one?[/QUOTE] its different from TEW 2004 pinfall is any type of move that isnt a submission where u could get pinned. [QUOTE]I guess I always interpreted that as a stat in favor of bigger guys who do "power" moves, so the Spankys and lightweights don't get the power stats like a Kane or Sid. Then again, maybe I'm just wrong here too. Clarification would be nice.[/QUOTE] if u check out the cornellverse everyone has a strength stat even the women its just how strong they are. it explains in the help file. Thanks, I wasn't sure when PE started there. For the ECW guys, I guess I was just fleshing out the indy rosters. But you're right, since they didn't start until after ECW's demise, I guess I'll nix 'em to keep it realistic. If the indies wanna sign them then, they can. [QUOTE]Thanks for taking time out to have a look at this. I'm not trying to do your name wrong Here's some names I could use some info on from the time if anybody knows or alter egos for these guys that I can look up: IWA-MS - Cash Flo Todd Morton Suicide Kid Rollin' Hard Mitch Page And I saw that the Briscoes were in CZW in 2001. Anybody know if they started sometime before 1/1/01?[/QUOTE] No u have done me proud, its good that its getting done i just got burnt out after my hard drive was re-done i didnt save my update and all my pics i had done on kyky (see Raven from my avatar) that is the sole survivor. keep up the good work. just one question why have u made AJ's attitude polition?

I'd really like to download this scenario update but Rapid Share never works for me (lousy computer) and the non-rs mirror seems to be either corrupted or expired. Can someone upload this somewhere else or send it to [email]mark.whiley@gmail.com[/email] for me please. Thx :)

[QUOTE=THEXTREMIST]I'd really like to download this scenario update but Rapid Share never works for me (lousy computer) and the non-rs mirror seems to be either corrupted or expired. Can someone upload this somewhere else or send it to [email]mark.whiley@gmail.com[/email] for me please. Thx :)[/QUOTE] It wont let me log in to my fst account to re upload it. They might be having problems that's why the mirror might not be working. Here it is on [URL="http://www.sendspace.com/file/do4si0"]Sendspace[/URL]

Been busy at work this week with some 10 hour days and a robbery attempt, so not too further along, but progress has been made. IWA-MS has been pretty fleshed out because I found an old site from roughly late '01/early '02 with information still available. Still working on BCW, as the info is coming slowly but surely. Could use help with any info on these wrestlers if anybody would be kind enough to come through: Suicide Kid (IWA-MS) Todd Morton (IWA-MS) Kraq (XPW) The Westside Playas (XPW - Who makes up this tag team?) Gurenti (XPW) Vic Grimes (I see he debuted with XPW in Feb '01, does anyone know when he left ECW? Was he a free agent at the beginning of the year?) Dynamite D (XPW) Tool (XPW) Plan on finishing up BCW tomorrow and hopefully get through CZW since I haven't much planned on my day off. Will probably release the next beta thereafter. Any suggestions for the next indy promotion to do and what currently missing wrestlers you'd like in first? Changes: Workers: 404 --> 413 Relationships: 267 --> 275 Teams: 100 --> 103 Champions of BCW Tag & IWA Light Heavyweight added.

IWA Mid South should be based in the Great Lakes not Mid South ECW should be Cutting Edge instead of Hardcore IMO and should they really have 0 money Should Austin and Nash really be best friends in 2001? Same goes for Bearer/Taker To be Honest most of the best friends stuff you have seems to be based on tag teams, not all tag teams are best friends Were Torrie and Kidman engaged yet, i'm not sure whether they were to be honest Some of the Protege things don't really belong, like HBK with Spanky and AmDrag, although they trained under him, protege does not mean trained, it has been established many times that it is a special relationship where one worker takes another under his/her wing kind of thing. ie Funk and Dreamer etc# Way too many storng friendships imo most of them would barely be friends never mind have a strong friendship ROH if you are going for realism should certainly not be Hybrid, they have never been hybrid, maybe you are confused and using the definition from the old TEW, it has changed and Hybrid in this game is a mix of shoot fighters and such, ROH should be Cutting Edge or possibly Pure at the start. I'd say XPW was garbage rather than Hardcore imo Events with names like "IWA-MS Pro Wrestling (Jan)" should not be there in my opinion, if you don't want to put the real event names from the time, just leave it blank and let the AI decide names. MY GOD WHY..is it to look cool? to show you "think" you know a lot about the business, the other errors were minor but by god what sort of smark are you trying to show yourself out to be. There is two kinds of smarks imo, one type knows things but doesn't flaunt it and such, only under certain circumstances, then there are people like you who would most likely go up to Homicide at a show and calll him Nelson. Well you might think i am over reacting or not know what im talking about but the plain fact is THE REAL NAMES. Fair enough for WWF and possibly WCW have either real names or known indy names for people as their names might be trademarked, but to me it comes across as extremely smarky and dickish to have things like Sabu under Terry Brunk and Messiah and William Welch etc. I mean for god sake show some respect to these guys, big whoop you know some real names but it pisses wrestlers off when people try to be all cool, i know most if not all of wrestlers real names but i wouldn't go up to Low-Ki and say hey Brandon, because i'd have enough respect to call him Low-Ki I'm not the guys best buddy or a trusted member of the family or friends circle so i would treat a person with respect. Like i said it comes off as trying to look like you know too much about a person all these real names, i mean Sabu aitn trademarked so hes gonna use it all over the place, there is no need for his real name in the game. It pissed me off as soon as i saw the words William Welch when browsing relationships Trying to put the smarkishness behind me i'll take a look at the stats and report my findings.

CZW referee Logan has no overnesss anywhere Justice Pain aint a super junior, i knwo he was junior champ and did a few moves like Quebradas etc but he wasnt a super junior Justice Pain pref should be hardcore really rather than modern It's not Gargulo its Garguilo and he's certainly not as **** on the mic and in charisma as you make him out to be Lobo at 60 for hardcore, my god, have you seen lobo? and Zandig at 55, my god Also for Zandig, he may not be the best worker in the world but he is better on the mat than you make him out to be, he can work a regular match well imo Johnny Kashmere is very underrated in all areas Wifebeater in all the matches ive seen him in and that is a lot has never been a misogynist, just because of name i presume you did this, i take it you aint seen many if any beater matches And his face gimmick is Trash now, under what basis? Trent Acid - See Kashmere Nick Berk - See Kashmere Nick Gage is a 0 in strong style, let him smack you in the face and then see what you say General Observation CZW is criminally underrated in even hardcore and toughness and such which is vital to that promotion type Rob Harthog should be Rob Hartog General Observation looking at IWA next is that they are also criminally under rated too Chris Hero was not a super junior, he was fatter then than he is now General Observation, due to earlier errors IWA stars should be over in Great Lakes NOT Mid South, IWA is not and never has been based in the mid south General Observation, too many Free Spirit as personality, there is not meant to be many, try reading what Free Spirit means in the hlp files or on the forums Ian Rotten needs a huge bump in general wrestling related stats, if you ever had watched some of his matches that werent hardcore based, you would know he is extremely well skilled on the mat Necro cant do strong style either? thats news to me, have you ever seen a wrestling match by any of these people in your life>? CM Punk is way too over rated for the time period in both stats and overness I have no will to go on but one other thing from just a general standpoint, why is Messiah down as Avenging Angel It would take a heck of a lot to get this up to speed. I'm not sure who i'm angry at as i'm not sure how much of this woodsmeister did and how much was added by this guy EDIT: Low-Ki is down with personality traits that he didnt develop until he got further in his career and if he ever saw you had added him to a game as Brandon he'd tear you limb from limb

[QUOTE=forlan] Necro cant do strong style either? thats news to me, have you ever seen a wrestling match by any of these people in your life>? [/QUOTE] Are people only allowed to include those who they've seen in real life in their mods? imo you're cracking this mod (and the guy who made it) down a bit too much. I know critisising is good, but can't you say it in a nicer way? Saying that the guy is a smark and some of those little comments aren't really necessary (sp?) imo. Although I agree with you that using real names in a mod is kinda stupid. Even for those who are in WWE (i wouldn't know what for example Viscera's real name is...) But if the guy who made this mod wishes it to be so, then let him do so... it's his data... Be happy that he wants to share it with us. This way you're discouraging people of making mods because they're afraid for people's reaction.

That type of thing is what is ruining the business, its like people like Homicide say in shoots and things, why do people feel all big and clever by knowing a workers real name, kayfabe may be practically dead but my god there is stepping over the line and then there is stepping over the line then running further and further away from the line. I mean even if he has never seen Necro he should of heard things about him and known he wasnt a 0 in strong style. I stand by my comments

[QUOTE=forlan]That type of thing is what is ruining the business, its like people like Homicide say in shoots and things, why do people feel all big and clever by knowing a workers real name, kayfabe may be practically dead but my god there is stepping over the line and then there is stepping over the line then running further and further away from the line. I mean even if he has never seen Necro he should of heard things about him and known he wasnt a 0 in strong style. I stand by my comments[/QUOTE] Yeah, I read an interview with CM Punk, where someone called him Phil and he went nuts and said that it was disrespective towards him. However, we are dealing with the real people so it should include their real names. Kinda like how people on See No Evil called Kane "Glen" but just when no one was around.

Yes but i just feel its overkill, i mean people like Justice Pain etc, ar enever gonna use anything else so their real name serves no purpose, except everytime you signed him youd have to change his name in your company, which just adds extra work too

[QUOTE=forlan]That type of thing is what is ruining the business, its like people like Homicide say in shoots and things, why do people feel all big and clever by knowing a workers real name, kayfabe may be practically dead but my god there is stepping over the line and then there is stepping over the line then running further and further away from the line. I mean even if he has never seen Necro he should of heard things about him and known he wasnt a 0 in strong style. I stand by my comments[/QUOTE] First, you need to chill. Second, the reason I ask for help is because I haven't seen most of these guys, especially in '01, as I explained in the first post, so chill again. Third, this is a wrestling booking simulation; if you have a problem with killing kayfabe, then maybe you shouldn't be playing this because it makes you sound like a hypocrite. Its okay to simulate all the inner-workings of the business, but God forbid you use a name? Get real. I'm just a proper individual who would like to address people in my game by their given name. If anyone sounds like a smark here, it sure isn't me... But I digress. Thanks again!!

[QUOTE=forlan]IWA Mid South should be based in the Great Lakes not Mid South[/quote] Thanks! [quote]To be Honest most of the best friends stuff you have seems to be based on tag teams, not all tag teams are best friends[/quote] Wrong, but most weren't done by me. [quote]Some of the Protege things don't really belong, like HBK with Spanky and AmDrag, although they trained under him, protege does not mean trained, it has been established many times that it is a special relationship where one worker takes another under his/her wing kind of thing. ie Funk and Dreamer etc#[/quote] Thanks! [quote]ROH if you are going for realism should certainly not be Hybrid, they have never been hybrid, maybe you are confused and using the definition from the old TEW, it has changed and Hybrid in this game is a mix of shoot fighters and such, ROH should be Cutting Edge or possibly Pure at the start.[/quote] Thanks! [quote]Events with names like "IWA-MS Pro Wrestling (Jan)" should not be there in my opinion, if you don't want to put the real event names from the time, just leave it blank and let the AI decide names.[/quote] Taken under consideration. [QUOTE=forlan]CZW referee Logan has no overnesss anywhere[/quote] Are referees, or at least this one, very over? [quote]Justice Pain aint a super junior, i knwo he was junior champ and did a few moves like Quebradas etc but he wasnt a super junior[/quote] So what do you suggest? [quote]It's not Gargulo its Garguilo and he's certainly not as **** on the mic and in charisma as you make him out to be[/quote] Thanks! The only mention of him I found was as I spelled it. And if he's not that "sh*t," maybe I'll hear of him someday... [quote]Lobo at 60 for hardcore, my god, have you seen lobo?[/quote] Not once, proud to say. [quote]and Zandig at 55, my god[/quote] Not high enough? [quote]Also for Zandig, he may not be the best worker in the world but he is better on the mat than you make him out to be, he can work a regular match well imo[/quote] Despite your arrogance, I trust your opinion on working. I'll up it for you ;) [quote]Wifebeater in all the matches ive seen him in and that is a lot has never been a misogynist, just because of name i presume you did this, i take it you aint seen many if any beater matches And his face gimmick is Trash now, under what basis?[/quote] No, I've never seen a Wifebeater match. That name just misled me I suppose. Silly me. So what should the gimmicks be, pray tell? [quote]Nick Gage is a 0 in strong style, let him smack you in the face and then see what you say[/quote] And then watch me slice his throat. How's.... 52 for ya? [quote]General Observation CZW is criminally underrated in even hardcore and toughness and such which is vital to that promotion type[/quote] Thanks! I'll review this. But shouldn't be workers be rated as they are, not rated to fit into a promotion? Some fit betters than others, and I think that applies everywhere. Either way, I'm on it. Thanks! [quote]Rob Harthog should be Rob Hartog[/quote] Another instance of finding it the other way. Thanks! [quote]General Observation looking at IWA next is that they are also criminally under rated too[/quote] See CZW comment. Thanks! [quote]Chris Hero was not a super junior, he was fatter then than he is now[/quote] Well good for him. Better to be healthy. What style was he then? [quote]General Observation, due to earlier errors IWA stars should be over in Great Lakes NOT Mid South, IWA is not and never has been based in the mid south[/quote] Being from the "Great Lakes," we've never considered Kentucky part of this region. Kentucky may not be Mid-South, but regardless, IWA-MS was primarily located there for a number of years, meaning it was also out of the Great Lakes for some time. But since I can't find in help or faqs or search where it mentions which states are in which region in the game, clarification here would be nice for future reference. Otherwise, I'll get to those over stats. Thanks! [quote]General Observation, too many Free Spirit as personality, there is not meant to be many, try reading what Free Spirit means in the hlp files or on the forums[/quote] Search did help me on this one. I see "Adam told me in the past that a Free Spirit is a Jeff Hardy kind of character (a little bit Cooky)." And someone else added "Tends to show up late or be a no-show. Also dislikes written contracts. Will drop morale like crazy if you get a Free Spirit trapped in one." I'll be sure to review these. Thanks! [quote]Necro cant do strong style either? thats news to me, have you ever seen a wrestling match by any of these people in your life>?[/quote] I think this has been addressed. "Have you ever been able to read in your life>?" I've seen one, maaaaybe two Necro matches. I saw some stiff punches, but besides that he got his ass kicked. How's... 66 for ya? [quote]CM Punk is way too over rated for the time period in both stats and overness[/quote] [quote]I have no will to go on but one other thing from just a general standpoint, why is Messiah down as Avenging Angel[/quote] From Wikipedia's XPW referring to Messiah's storyline: "The Messiah claiming to be the son of god." (note the name, "The Messiah") Which gimmick in there better fits him for XPW? Thanks! Which, speaking of that, you better change his Wikipedia site; it's under William Welch. [quote]It would take a heck of a lot to get this up to speed.[/quote] Sure. And if people like you would continue to help with whatever info they may have, I will gladly do all the work, and with a smile on my face. Thanks for helping! [quote]I'm not sure who i'm angry at as i'm not sure how much of this woodsmeister did and how much was added by this guy[/quote] More me than him. I'd say... 80-20. [quote]EDIT: Low-Ki is down with personality traits that he didnt develop until he got further in his career and if he ever saw you had added him to a game as Brandon he'd tear you limb from limb[/QUOTE] Yeah, because Brand... er... Low-Ki would really like to go to prison for life. Keep making threats for wrestlers you don't know, especially over something so miniscule. It makes you sound... well... it doesn't bring out the best in you. Now. Thanks for giving me everything you have. I'd appreciate it if there was less of a rude tone. I've never done anything to harm you, nor would I intentionally. Please, reconsider your attitude here. Thanks for all the help thus far. It's been great. Thanks!

Thanks for considering ym stuff, it just pisses me off (yes the wikipedia page makers too) when they think they have the right to parade real anmes about and such. As for Locations, i've always gone off the basis of the locations for TEW04 NORTHWEST Oregon Washington Montana Idaho Wyoming SOUTHWEST Arizona California Nevada Utah MIDWEST Missouri Minnesota Iowa Nebraska North Dakota South Dakota MIDSOUTH Texas New Mexico Oklahoma Kansas Colorado GREAT LAKES Idiana Illinois Michigan Ohio Wisconsin Kentucky SOUTHEAST Alabama Florida Georgia Louisiana Mississippi Arkansas Tennessee Puerto Rico MIDATLANTIC Deleware Maryland North Carolina South Carolina Virginia West Virginia TRISTATE Pennsylvania New York New Jersey NEW ENGLAND Connecticut Maine Massachusetts New Hampshire Rhode Island Vermont

tbh i agree with forlan 100%, suing real names, is one showing no respect for the business at all and to, not everyone knows a workers real nme, so if they are looking for say homicide, they probab ly won't be able to find him, and people will just not bother anymore another thing i am kind of worried about you seem to be doing this for a team period you know little to nothing about, and outta interest, why?

Well since consensus seems to be against real names, I'll go on ahead and fix those up. No problem. As for [quote]another thing i am kind of worried about you seem to be doing this for a team period you know little to nothing about, and outta interest, why?[/quote] That's like asking, "Hey D Boon, you didn't see all those old-timers do all of that work and their different gimmicks in those different territories and what not. Why are you making a mod about '83?" Just because you don't know it all, doesn't mean you can't do research. Like he did. Only there are more resources for the older era than '01. I would love a "Post-Kayfabe Memories '01" site. Plus, he had people chime in and help out, which I also appreciate. I figure with a community this strong, there is no reason this can't get done. I understand your concern, but I don't think it is something to be "worried about." You dig?

Archived