Kamen Rider Mod

Well, here's my second mod guys. Or to be more precise, it's going to be a series of mini mods revolving around the Kamen Rider franchise. The first upload in particular is based on Kamen Rider Ryuki, which was adapted into Kamen Rider Dragon Knight a few years ago.

Kamen Rider Ryuki Mod: Download Link

Preview

1/30/2021 Minor update:

Just fixed the folders because they're not in the Databases and Pictures folders. Otherwise no changes.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply!

I think a version of Kikaider had a guest appearance in Gaim and/or in one of the movies, so he'll probably be included when I get there.

I've noticed myself since playing this that since the heroes are way outnumbered, I'll weaken most of the monsters while the bigshots will remain where they are (Tier 1's would only have regular 1 level attacks, etc.) That or remove 1 or 2 monsters from each tier. Or both.

The only problem I have when making mods here is how to balance the stats. I just ended up rolling 2d6+6 for the stats with some gap in between each tiers, lol.

I've noticed myself since playing this that since the heroes are way outnumbered, I'll weaken most of the monsters while the bigshots will remain where they are (Tier 1's would only have regular 1 level attacks, etc.) That or remove 1 or 2 monsters from each tier. Or both.

I'm not really familiar with Kamen Rider, but on the vague assumption that it's kind of like Power Rangers, one approach you could take would be to reduce the number of monsters by making some of them alts of each other (even if they aren't actually the same creature). That way, only a limited subset are available at any given time, which allows you to cut the number in play by some fraction while still including everybody.

Oh... I really did not think of that for the villain's side hahaha! Thanks for pointing that out dude.

I thin I can go for each one having one alt (or one having 2 in some cases) since there was a lot of subspecies (near palette swap of the suits) of the monsters in this particular show. I was already using the alts for form changing for the riders but I did not think to apply that to the monsters. Haha! Thanks! The 48 villains in the Ryuki mod could get trimmed to nearly half or less if I implement this I think.

Update has been uploaded on the Ryuki mod:

The villains whose costumes are a either a pallete swap for each other, one that goes through a life cycle, and one who is a fusion of two have been rendered into alternates.

Alternates currently stand at 26 and the Hero/Anti-Hero/Villain/Wildcard ratio is at 11/5/31/5. One villain is a non combatant while two pairs appear occasionally and rarely so that should balance things a bit. Locations have been reduced to two with the third one still there for flavor. Battles still last at most three turns especially if it's only 1v1 though there was a rare instance the enemy decide to "gloat" (taunt) and the fight lasted for five turns.