Help with alter egos

I’m having problems with alter egos. I’ve got Stuntman (CVerse) and have changed his character back to Simon Ice (an in-built historic alter ego). Whenever I see him on the worker screen he appears as Simon I’ve, but on the show screens he appears as Stuntman (both name and image).

I created a new name for a dojo graduate (Yvonne Bell -> Liberty Bell), and I have the same issue (although I haven’t changed the image).

Am i missing something or is this a game issue?

Is it better to save name changes as is, or save them as a new alter ego? I want to start giving my workers better ‘wrestling’ names.

It sounds like you've edited the wrong thing. Every worker has a main identity and then one for each contract. If you're seeing Stuntman on the show, then that's his name for his contract with you, and you've changed his main identity instead - hence why it's showing as Simon Ice on the worker screen, which lists main identities only.

You should be changing names for your roster via the Roster screen. From what you've said, it sounds like you're changing them via the editor, as that's the only way you could be impacting their main identity.

I didn’t go through the in-game editor, but rather when you click on the workers name. I loaded up and alter ego and he now has three alter egos ‘: stuntman, Simon Ice, and Simon Ice (Dev company).

How do you use alter egos then because I changed the name of my female worker and saved it as a new alter-ego using this method. Again, through clicking on their name rather than the in-game editor you access through the settings.

Alter egos don't do anything in and of themselves, they just store names, pictures and bios for ease of use. Once you apply one (or simply just change someone's details without creating an alter ego) you then have to hit Save to confirm the changes. The only thing I can think of is that you're getting yourself into a tangle by not doing that final save somehow, which would mean you're just making more and more alter egos without them actually having any effect.

Otherwise I have no idea what your issue may be - nobody else is having any issues, which would indicate there's no problems with the game itself given that it's a commonly used screen. I'd suggest if you are still unable to get it to work then you send me your save game and lay out exactly what you're doing in clear step by step instructions.

I’ve reset Stuntman. I click on their name from a roster screen to the ‘alter character details screen’. There is a drop down menu for alter egos. I select Simon Ice then Load Alter Ego, then save. It then asks to Create Alter Ego (even though it was pre-made). I choose yes and save it as Simon Ice in Dev company. Should I increase usage all the way to 100%? He is now showing as Simon Ice on the roster screen. I shall report back as to whether I get the same issue I described in the OP.

Should I increase usage all the way to 100%?

That's irrelevant to this discussion as it is only used when a worker joins a new company. See Workers > Alter Egos in the handbook.

He is now showing as Simon Ice on the roster screen.

Then you have correctly made the change and he will appear as Simon Ice in all the screens for this company. If you're seeing him as Stuntman when booking for that company then something is going seriously wrong at your end and I'd need a zipped copy of your save game to investigate further.