Booking Raw vs Smackdown

How do you book cross branded feuds? I find myself struggling when neither worker is on the same brand. The occasional run in, off screen promos, it gets boring. How do you book these feuds?

Book this;

Vince Mcmahon wants a shakeup. He asks both GM to the ring. Says to build a team. The brand winner will be able to choose a superstar, a tag team and a women from the other brand. Build from there.

I always try to keep the brands separate even on cross branded shows. Like on survivor series, instead of trying to have an entire brand warfare PPV, I try to make a Survivor Series 2003 style show. From my experience, the only easy way to do a cross branded feud is to allow a RAW wrestler to appear on SmackDown & vice versa. That ends up making the brands feel less exclusive to me so that's why I usually shy away from doing them entirely.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pat666" data-cite="pat666" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52730" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Book this;<p> Vince Mcmahon wants a shakeup. He asks both GM to the ring. Says to build a team. The brand winner will be able to choose a superstar, a tag team and a women from the other brand. Build from there.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Im stealing this, great idea for a small yet effective draft.</p>

Book this;

Vince Mcmahon wants a shakeup. He asks both GM to the ring. Says to build a team. The brand winner will be able to choose a superstar, a tag team and a women from the other brand. Build from there.

Somebody played the hell out of GM mode on the old SvR games back in the day huh? And ya know what...there’s nothing wrong with borrowing for those classics. The minute I read it I immediately was like SvR07 right there 🤣