When did you STOP watching wrestling and how long did it last?

Turkeyninja

I used to love watching live wrestling but since around 2017 thereabouts I've not had the want to watch wrestling on a weekly basis. That's around when NXT started to lose some of it's luster for me which is also when I went into a depression but that's a whole other story. Since then I got hope when AEW came out but that was slashed after watching a few weeks of it. Than when Punk came back I would watch semi-weekly when I could to see his segments and sometimes would watch the rest of the show when I didn't feel like it was insult my intelligence or just blatantly choreographed. Nowadays I just stick to Youtube clips of some of the workers that interest me. WALTER, MJF, FTR, Starks, Reigns, Lesnar, Zayn, Heyman, to name a few but haven't had much interest in watching weekly in sometime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After that one year when Smackdown Live was having its best run, I just fell out with WWE. I'd watch some NJPW or NXT videos on Youtube but my love for wrestling just slowly started to fade as I got older.

Sometimes I'll go on YT just to see what's going on in WWE and it'll be so much new faces. I'm just like "who the h*** are these guys?" 😂

Edited by 2Sweet
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I really got into wrestling in 2000 or so. I think I saw it a handful of times before that here-or-there but my mother didn't like the idea of wrestling when I was just a small kid.

Weirdly I never have stopped watching. I have had periods where I watched less and attended Ontario indies more. And a small period where I really just grew sick of WWE and would keep up on news and just catch interesting segments/matches from  TNA/WWE/ROH at the time, but no real time off for me in probably 25-years.

• 5 weeks later...

Honestly, I need the alternative to WWE. As an attitude era kid, the second everything merged after the buy, WWE almost completely stopped being engaging to me. I lost any interest in following it from week-to-week by WMX8, and by WMXX I was maybe catching recaps once a month. Popped back into wrestling as an avid fan from the birth of TNA iMPACT on Spike TV until the day AJ Styles left at the end of 2013. It was a shame, too. Styles was never my favourite, by the end I was super big on Magnus, Roode and Storm but had felt like I had been done so dirty by Roode and Storm not main eventing BFG in 2012 (which was a wild thought for me, as Jeff Hardy is my all time favourite) that all my goodwill to the brand had been sapped dry.

From there thru to the launch of AEW, the only wrestling I was able to get into was Lucha Underground's first two seasons.

AEW gets me what I want out of a wrestling show - diverse in-ring entertainment. I get my hardcore brawls, my high flying acrobatics, technical displays, pomp, and it caters to the side of me that enjoys world-building lore. Definitely helps that the initial roster was populated by TNA guys (Kaz, Daniels, Taz, Archer, Young Bucks), Attitude Era WWF guys (Jericho, Billy Gunn, Dustin Rhodes, JR) and Lucha Underground guys (Brian Cage, Pentagon, Fenix, Luchasaurus) - all sprinklings of my favourite products over my life. Hope I can get a decade of entertainment out of it like I did with TNA, without losing goodwill towards the brand . Crazy that it's been nearly four years already.

• 1 month later...

I watched weekly from childhood through about 2002. Then I didn't get Smackdown in my area so I just watched Raw. Once I got out of college I didn't have cable so I stopped watching both. I picked it back up in late 2004. Watched until mid 2005. Picked it back up mid 2006. Stopped watching after the Benoit incident and I have not religiously watched since then and I haven't watched a full episode of wrestling since maybe 2016. 

• 6 months later...

I quit watching WWE back in 2005 and haven't gone back since (I only follow what goes on in WWE now via websites like WrestleView.com).  Since then, I periodically check what's going on with TNA, AEW and the NWA (either on TV or online) and I watched ROH TV in syndication for awhile until I drifted out of the habit shortly before its syndicated run ended in 2022 (shortly before the Khans bought ROH), now I record Women of Wrestling to watch when the mood strikes me.