your first match rating!!

Followed by an F match (and This Match Sucks chant from the crowd) against Wolverine. At least I won with the Empire Spiral. I even busted out a couple of top rope moves which is unusual for me. Just pulled an A match out of T-Rex w/ Joey. Joey has a bad draw going against noted stiffs that are bigger than him, thus he can't pull off his big moves. I finally wound up pinning T-Rex after surviving the Extinction (Full Nelson) and then landing on top when he tried a Over the Shoulder Backbreaker. I kept trying to get to Joey's Frog Splash, but Rex kept getting up. I was never given the chance to execute the Minnesota Salute (top rope flying forearm) even though I did numerous top rope attacks to a standing Rex. At the end of the match, the crowd chanted "This is Awesome".

Arjen Van Den Leyne vs. Lorne Hardcore Match A* 31:50 I was shocked how well this match went. Lorne kept kicking out of my S.T.O.s onto chairs and I kicked out of his Guillotina through a table. I had three Finishing Knee Strikes get countered before a Belly to Belly Suplex and Ground Roundhouse Kick finished him off. Lorne might have won himself an INSPIRE contract in my TEW game after that showing. One caveat: that was my first match on the demo, but I had a week of mediocre matches on the demo, first.

Whoo!! That was a close one. Playing as Buddy Garner in the World League mode. First draw was Corporal Doom.. he almost had me, but I mounted a comeback and took him out with the KNOCK OUT PUNCH. Not really the Garner I had in mind, but. B+ match ending at 24:40.

Art Reed vs. Vin Tanner- Vin won with the Texas Cloverleaf, B- match. Next match was Art Reed vs. Alex Braun. I fought outside for the whole match, plenty of table spots and top rope moves. I thought I was a god. The crowd didn't. Rating = F.

A*, but I lost...as Des Davids against Bull Wrecker in USPW. I missed on my finisher (quarterback sack or something) 3 times...don't quite have the combat figured out yet but the momentum thing is FANTASTIC. much more sophisticated and realistic than wrespri 1 with the fighting spirit power-ups. not sure how I feel about playing blackjack to make friends or the lack of mystique re: improving a worker...but the actual combat is a lot more interesting now.

I just had a 45 minute match. Marc DuBoise (Me) vs. Calimari Kid for Shooting Star Title It got a 'That was Awesome' chant when finished and a A rating overall and it was also defence number one of my Shooting Star Championship :D.

I suck. :( I've done atleast 12 matches and haven't got an A* yet, you guys are so lucky. :D The closest I've got is against BLZ Bubb with Sean McFly when I changed him over to TCW, what went 28: 10 and then my computer got unplugged. Stop being so good at the game, wait for Dwight to catch up! Oh well, atleast I have this Blackjack thing down. Tommy Cornell - Strong Friendship in 8 tries.

As well? Nah, your the only bad one now I'm afraid! I kid, I kid. But I just got my first A* Match, it was Me(Hoshino) and Kunomasu vs. Team Dynasty 2000 and together they didn't submit through two Kunomasu Vices and broke out of three Godzilla Plunges until the Fourth Godzilla Plunge finished it off at 52: 30. It seems that PGHW is the place for the A*'s for me. I even hit a Finishing Sprint Forearm, and every pin I tried or every submission got broken by the partner except two of the last Godzilla Plunges, what Shunji Inukai broke out of both after I JUST started a Hate relationship with him today! But yes, onto my point - soon you will do it to, Maxi. It's so fun when you do. Wow, this is fun. :D EDIT: Because of this Eisaku Hoshino is now A* in all of Japan, now this is cool.

[QUOTE=Dwight Mighton]It seems that PGHW is the place for the A*'s for me.[/QUOTE] Remember that promotions have different styles - PGHW is set as Strong Style, so you can expect long hard fought matches, which is why you tend to get A*'s from the big stars.

Martinete is defined as a head-first drive. I believe they use it to refer to piledrivers in particular, but it would also refer to other moves like tombstones, brainbusters, etc. I should have clarified about the DDT - I have set it so that head-first DDTs ("Japanese style") are set as martinetes, face-first versions (like an Implant DDT) are not. I suspect the guy who reported it was using a head-first version.

My first match was as Samoan Machine in GCG, Samoan Destruction Inc. went to a time limit draw with Ikina & Tayama to retain the GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Titles. Got an A rating. On a side note my second match was a rematch where we won and that got an A rating as well.

Man this game rocks. I got bored easily with the first WreSpi, but not with this one. And so on, on-topic: Frankie Perez (me) vs. Snap Dragon, CZCW Championship title. I was in lead for a very long, then missed move I can't reckon, then Snap climber the turnbuckle, hit Missile Dropkick, then some HUGE move, and I was pinned. About 20+ min, C+ rating. Amazing.

Archived