WreSpi2 Demo Comments

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont know what it is about this version, but it just doesnt interest me, ive been playing for about an hour now, and out of 14 matches, ive only one one :s i dont know wether its just how i play the game (start with low level, once able to use medium i slowly incorporate them, then push to the higher and mids and finally finisher) or the fact that again the reversal thing doesnt work properly (come on, who hoenstly goes throguh a spate of 20 unreversed moves?) The interface is good, the whole TEW style feel is good, but it just seems to lack that final touch for me, losing lost me overness in 10 areas, yet winning increased me in one, hows that logical? :S The relationship game is moreorless impossible to win, it's harder than the matches themselves! As a last resort i opted to create a fed of people with 100% stats, so then i could be on equal terms to otehrs to see if that could help me win, and, well, it didnt, i got whooped! i mean my ass was handed to me on a plate! i got dominated so badly, that it was like i was a fan going against Bruce the Giant and expecting to pick the guy up and drop him with a huge powerbomb, only to be flicked in the head for a victory:confused: I have to say i am dissapointed by it, could i make anything better? no, not at all, and i dont intend on trying, but i wont be buying this version unfortunately, the screens got me all hyped up for it, but the overall game play lacks any longevity:(

[QUOTE]or the fact that again the reversal thing doesnt work properly (come on, who hoenstly goes throguh a spate of 20 unreversed moves?)[/QUOTE] I suggest you read the help file on Momentum if you don't understand why it's easy to string together moves. The "reversal thing" is working properly, just because you're getting beaten up doesn't mean it's broken, it means you aren't very good at the game - I'd say that a few changes in strategy would help, but as you've already given up on the game I won't bother with advice. [QUOTE]losing lost me overness in 10 areas, yet winning increased me in one, hows that logical? :S[/QUOTE] Very logical. If it's a TV show being shown in all 10 US regions when you lost, and you won on a non-televised show in 1 region, then that would account for the difference.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]I suggest you read the help file on Momentum if you don't understand why it's easy to string together moves. The "reversal thing" is working properly, just because you're getting beaten up doesn't mean it's broken, it means you aren't very good at the game - I'd say that a few changes in strategy would help, but as you've already given up on the game I won't bother with advice. Very logical. If it's a TV show being shown in all 10 US regions when you lost, and you won on a non-televised show in 1 region, then that would account for the difference.[/QUOTE] no no i havent given up on the game, ive got a week of demo playing before its out for public sale, so ill still play away at it. i understand the momentum thing, it's just frustrating for me as i had the same reversals problem in wrespi 1, could never get the correct one :D the popularity drop, the 1 area it rose in was where i won, but, it ws also on the same tv show that i dropped 10 in when i lost, that was all that i was wondering about.

It's done on overness. If you were only less popular than the guy you beat in one region, but equal \ higher in the other nine, then you'd only get the boost in that one region. Regarding counters, some things to try that might help you - make sure to do counters that suit your wrestlers style, and also consult the chart about what counters work better than others. As a test, take a technical god like Yoshimi Mushashibo, and get yourself a match against a sluggish brawler; you'll find that you can Block most of his moves with ease.

[QUOTE=James Casey]Just started playing Rocky Golden in TCW and I noticed his name comes up as Prince Adam when it says ' counters/reverses the move' and so on. Shouldn't it be his gimmick name that comes up?[/QUOTE] The Technical Support forum will be open in a short while, if you pop these sort of minor issues there they'll be fixed by the retail release.

Damn i thought i was on my way to my first win. I was The Natural and i can't remember who i was facing but there had been nearly 25.00 gone on the clock and i had hit him with low + medium moves. Gradually working him over. I had full Momentum and the crowd where shouting for me then out of nowhere he breks a DDT and then does a face crusher (lthe picture looked like a Stone Cold Stunner) and pins me 1 2 3. grrrrr. Enjoying the game up to now. I can't get a girl out on a date though i always win 2-1. It's a shame i will not be able to buy the full game until the end of July unless i skip paying the electric bill.

[QUOTE=david2006efc]Damn i thought i was on my way to my first win. I was The Natural and i can't remember who i was facing but there had been nearly 25.00 gone on the clock and i had hit him with low + medium moves. Gradually working him over. I had full Momentum and the crowd where shouting for me then out of nowhere he breks a DDT and then does a face crusher (lthe picture looked like a Stone Cold Stunner) and pins me 1 2 3. grrrrr. Enjoying the game up to now. I can't get a girl out on a date though i always win 2-1. It's a shame i will not be able to buy the full game until the end of July unless i skip paying the electric bill.[/QUOTE] Then skip the bill and play the game on a battery powered PC.

[QUOTE=david2006efc]Surely they wouldn't cut the electric off if i was a few weeks late :confused:[/QUOTE] Yeah, but you could still play your game thanks to the batteries. What else would you want, we're in June damnit. You don't need to heat your house, you can eat sandwiches everyday, you can wash your clothes by hand with a soap bar and let them out to dry. No need for electricity in Summer. :p

[QUOTE=Phil Parent]Yeah, but you could still play your game thanks to the batteries. What else would you want, we're in June damnit. You don't need to heat your house, you can eat sandwiches everyday, you can wash your clothes by hand with a soap bar and let them out to dry. No need for electricity in Summer. :p[/QUOTE] man can not live on sandwichs alone! As for electirc problems i suggest buying a frisky Gerbil and hooking his wheel up to a dynamo. By the way i think the best part of the game is the relationshup generator - i love blackjack!

Having tons of fun.....I'm 3-0-3 combined between World League (Jeremy Stone 2-0-3 (1 win was a cup match in week 4) mode and Superstar Challenge (Haruki Kudo 1-0-0). Two A* matches a B+, B, C+ and a C-. Is it just me or does the Success % always say 0? Something I'm missing? [QUOTE=hurricanendp]The relationship game is moreorless impossible to win, it's harder than the matches themselves![/QUOTE] I haven't had much trouble with the relationship game personally, started a few relationships and I'm only a few days into that mode.

What do you guys think about the graphics used for the cards? We could have used traditional card designs...but I used a bit of creative liberty and decided to use Romanian Rummy Tile-like designs instead. Adam liked my graphics so he used them. They're editable though, so if somebody wants to create custom decks of cards, help yourself.

On the subject of relationships, it makes absolutely NO ****ING SENSE to have to pay money in order to play somebody in a game of blackjack and have to beat them in three hands in order to be their friend. If that's all it takes to make friends in the wrestling business, then the Honky Tonk Man must be a really ****ty card player.

Considering I've learnt the momentum really means crap in the long run, meh. When I've got full momentum, landing every big move and just completely obliterating the guy for 20-40 moves straight, go to land a finisher. Blocked. Go back, nail a few more moves, finisher blocked. Move blocked. Guy with no momentum hits finisher. I lose. If I can't hit it with full momentum and the opponent vulernable, how exactly are they landing it on me with no momentum?

Really digging the game thus far, I think it's head and shoulders above WreSpi 1 in terms of presentation. Matches have better flow, and I think I have a better idea of why one match was rated high while one was rated low. I also like how the computer can't kick out of my finisher for 53 minutes straight until they run out of spirit points. I was a little confused about the whole relationship thing and whether or not Blackjack was the only way to develop relationships. I can't justify spending $20,000 just to be able to drink some beers with Alex Braun, but all in all this game feels really solid. Looking forward to a retail release. Oh, and about the Honky Tonk Man...check out his shoot videos, you'll see why he has no friends. Probably has a lot to do with his good buddy Smirnoff. You know, Smirnoff Vodka?

What I always thought would be nice in WreSpi 1 was a filter on the possible moves for one's moveset which allowed one to filter out moves based on stat requirements. This would be especially nice to see if there are new moves available after improving your wrestler. Thx.

[QUOTE=PWNED!]On the subject of relationships, it makes absolutely NO ****ING SENSE to have to pay money in order to play somebody in a game of blackjack and have to beat them in three hands in order to be their friend. If that's all it takes to make friends in the wrestling business, then the Honky Tonk Man must be a really ****ty card player.[/QUOTE] Well, the previous way to deal with relationships made it all too easy to create them. I mean, only someone who really did it on purpose could get a bad rep. The blackjack thing is a way to bring an element of luck and randomness in it, all the while keeping skills involved. Wrestlers are known to play cards backstage too, so its not far fetched to think friendships are built over decks of cards for real. And the pay thing is so that you don't abuse it, play cards over and over until your best buddies with everybody that owns a pair of spandex tights in the world. Adam came up with the idea and personally I think it's awesome. It was tweaked a couple of times. Now you're lucky to have options to "Sunset Flip" and such, and that you get some or all of your money back if you don't get obliterated in blackjack. In testing, I once ruined a perfectly fine RTL character by playing and losing at cards. The guy was so deep in debts, you wouldn't believe it.

[QUOTE=The Franchise]I got an A* match in SWF against Rich Money. The fans started chanting "That Was Awesome". That is the greatest thing I've ever encountered in any game ever.[/QUOTE] Yeah. If the fed you wrestle in is set to have "American Style Crowds", they'll chant stuff at ya sometimes or boo or clap... Your A* got you "That Was Awesome". Now try getting an F match.

[QUOTE=Arrows]Considering I've learnt the momentum really means crap in the long run, meh. When I've got full momentum, landing every big move and just completely obliterating the guy for 20-40 moves straight, go to land a finisher. Blocked. Go back, nail a few more moves, finisher blocked. Move blocked. Guy with no momentum hits finisher. I lose. If I can't hit it with full momentum and the opponent vulernable, how exactly are they landing it on me with no momentum?[/QUOTE] 40 moves straight? I've got some trouble believing that. As a pointer, you shouldn't get too bloodthirsty in there. When the guy is within range of a believable pin, just go for the finish until you get it. No use for drop toe holds when you can just kill them with a Kikkawa Driver or whatever. Especially if you play League Mode, where the match ratings don't matter. In RTL, you might want to extend the matches a little and even give the opponent a little offense if he is no threat. Although under certain match settings, beating someone half-dead DOES cause something to happen that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling of dominance inside. Also I gotta ask, were you beaten up badly before taking control? Because I'm sure a wrestler cannot win a match with their first move. Shortest match I got was a low-end fake wrestler VS a Kurt Angle I created, and it lasted two minutes. Angle did hit a bunch of suplexes before Angle Slam and pinning me.

Archived