WreSpi2 Demo Comments

Thanks. Are there no promos in the demo because my wrestler is in TCW, has good mic skills, holds the belt, and still hasn't cut a promo. For people having trouble with finishers, they generally won't work the first time, check the frequency, and make sure they have no energy (if you're fighting main eventers). It's nice to be able to add so many moves into the game for stuff you want that it doesn't have.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=The Humanoid Typhoon]Are there no promos in the demo because my wrestler is in TCW, has good mic skills, holds the belt, and still hasn't cut a promo.[/QUOTE] There aren't any promos. I (and apparently everyone else) didn't like the WreSpi1 method, and I couldn't come up with an enoyable alternative. So we replaced them with pre-match "decisions" instead, which happen when you are feuding.

I've done some more trialling... now I'm really enjoying this because now I think I understand some good match logics to effectively get wins. I think its important to watch down below the percentage of how often your moves are going to be successful... to the point where I ran Christian Faith over in 2 in a 3 match fued with Runaway Train purely by working through my most effective moves and attaining unbeatable momentum that way. And, I upgraded most of Train's skills to their max level to the point where even his psychology was high, we ran one match which was an A and got a "That Match was Awesome." This game... is awesome, if you take the time to learn the logics behind how the match can be logically planned out. It's a thinking man's game from what I've seen, even moreso than Wrespi1.

I so wanted to like this game. I love the different game play types and all the different options. However I just cant get into the matches themselves. Maybe Im just not smart enough (a lot of people call this the thinking man wrestling game) or I just cant get it. Sorry Adam but I will be staying with TEW.

[QUOTE=tristram]This game... is awesome, if you take the time to learn the logics behind how the match can be logically planned out. It's a thinking man's game from what I've seen, even moreso than Wrespi1.[/QUOTE] Very true. It's quite frustrating for me to know that a lot of people will only give it a quick go, probably lose their first match because they haven't read the help file, and just give up on it, not realising the depth of the game engine. :( You genuinely can use strategy and cunning to tip the balance in your favour once you get to grips with how everything fits together.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Very true. It's quite frustrating for me to know that a lot of people will only give it a quick go, probably lose their first match because they haven't read the help file, and just give up on it, not realising the depth of the game engine. :( You genuinely can use strategy and cunning to tip the balance in your favour once you get to grips with how everything fits together.[/QUOTE] Maybe you should get one of the beta team, who IS good at the fighting part of the game, to release an unofficial tutorial explaining WHAT they do tactically during the match, and WHY they choose certain options at certain times - eg which counters to try against certain wrestlers / moves etc

That all depends on what wrestler you are yourself. imo, all you have to do is think logically... for example when you're playing with a small high flyer against a big guy, the best way to counter I've found is to avoid or move. As you have the speed advantage and you're not going to shake off (brace) his hard punches. Another strategy which seemed to work was when I was playing with "Shooter" Sean Deeley (a guy with lots of submission moves) and was booked against guys like Fate and Chance (singles matches). Simply focus on a body part and keep his momentum low with submissions. When you're playing with Deeley, go for his arms when his arms condition are in the red use your seated stretch armbar and make the guy tap :)

[QUOTE=Rob4590]Maybe you should get one of the beta team, who IS good at the fighting part of the game, to release an unofficial tutorial explaining WHAT they do tactically during the match, and WHY they choose certain options at certain times - eg which counters to try against certain wrestlers / moves etc[/QUOTE] I've been testing since the beginning and I still lose more matches than I win. I'm currently playing Superstar Challenge as Art Reed and my record is current 9-1-15. I am slowing working my way up in the world though. My contract with DAVE expired and through some relationships I developed, I managed to recently get a contract with NOTBPW. I'm at the bottom of the food chain there, but at least it's a bigger company. I don't think anybody can make a true tutorial as to how to win matches. There's too many factors that effect the outcome of a match. I can only suggest to start with low level moves, then start incorporating medium level, then high, and finally try for your finisher. Also if your opponent blocks your finisher, try it a second time. I've had some success with it. If your opponent starts to build momentum, try slapping on a couple restholds. I also normally try to target a body part that works towards my finisher. If my finisher is a Figure Four Leglock, I'll try to wear down my opponents legs using everything from Chop Blocks to Kneebars. Pay attention to the messages you get when you counter a move too. If a particular counter says that your character easily slipped out of a move, keep using that type of counter. Just think about how a good match flows in real life. It works the same in WreSpi2.

Thanks for that Jeff - thats the kind of thing I meant. It is just that for people who haven't played the original Wrespi that much (like me), I just seem (on defence) to just randomly select a counter and hope! I've kinda got the attacking bit reasonably sorted. On defence - do certain counters (block/break etc) work better against certain moves, or is it just the type of wrestler that determines their success ? And do the counter-moves ever work ?

Yes, certain counters would work better against some moves than others - it's easier to Avoid a springboard plancha than a chop, for example. The wrestler type also makes a big difference - against, say, a vertical suplex, a small guy may be best at slipping out the back door, a medium guy could counter into his own suplex best, and a big guy may just want to fall on top. Just think logically for the situation, and you'll be fine :)

Like Jeff, I spent a lot of time in testing getting my butt kicked. :) Counter moves do work. You just have to get a feel for the ones your wrestler does the best. As far as defense: If you are a fast, technical minded guy, you'll generally find that blocking and slipping out is the best method. If you are a powerhouse, it would be silly to generally try and slip out of things; breaking holds is the better bet. As masterofnone mentioned, it's all in the logic. The key to everything, in my opinion, is momentum. If you allow him to open up a huge advantage over you, you'll find yourself struggling to counter anything. If you find him breaking away, do not panic and start going for big moves left and right; keep working small and wear that sucker down. Saying that, I still spend a lot of time getting my butt kicked - heh.

The game is great, Adam. It's difficult and, yeah, can be frustrating at times. I found WreSpi1 to be more frustrating, though, because it didn't have the same element of control that WreSpi2 does. Definitely a number of notches above... great work. Also, loving the "brace" counter. Brilliant.

On the other end of the spectrum, I created Lance Storm and used him in league, and I just couldn't put this opponent (I think it was a Stone) away. Locked in the Straight Shooter twice, countered the Whiplash Slam into a Rolling Cross Armlock and hit a Cradle Piledriver and a Fisherman Suplex, but he hit me with one Whiplash Slam to pin me. Kind of frustrating, but it convinced me to tweak the success rate on the Straight Shooter a bit.

Has anyone started a 'This game is awesome' chant yet? Anyway I am missing one thing, a theme there is no theme music for WreSpi2, I was just wondering why? Not the most important thing but a good theme at the start of the game can really get me in the mood for it sometimes (that could sound so wrong). Unlike most I'm doing quite well I dont think I have lost a match I've drew a couple, maybe it's the vast amount of practice I had at WreSpi, but I'm doing well anyway.

well I got bored with WreSpi1 so I dunno how long this one will hold my intrest but so far I liked it. I played as Sean McFly and had a very good match against Cliff Wilson where I was in control for almost the whole match, but in the end I submitted as he mounted a comeback. I guess I just need alot of practice in the game as I had great difficulty actually winning the match. Nevertheless it was an A rating, and losing an A rated match gave me alot of pride lol. Good job Adam, it seems to be quite a fun game.

I really enjoyed wrespi 1..... but wrespi 2... well I am in the first guy to have downloaded the demo..(was refreshing GD front page all 2 minutes lol) and I really liked League mode.... then the season.... what i disliked in wrespi 1 was the booking(hurricane vs chavo guerrero wwe title in wrestlemania????).... and now... hey i don't know cornelverse but i know that good wrestlers are in the main event... so the booking is much more good.... Adam, I'll be proud to buy your game!!! Wrespi 2 demo: sounds: meh, no entrance song........ but i like the BIPPP so 5/10 graphics: really like the design and everything: 10/10 gameplay: Matches are GODDDDDDDDDDD 10/10 overall: Great job Adam!!! 10/10 :D

In summary, I've done more trialling, I think this is a phenomonal step up in retrospect. Anyone who's a bit suspect and can't win, plan your match... if your finishing move is one that works on the opponents legs, take his legs out and build to it... watch the percentages and work through the moves until you get into position where your momentum is unassailable and hit the crem-de-la-crem. Awesome, awesome, awesome improvement... if there's another TEW in the future and it makes the same percentage improvement as this game has made to it's predecessor my wife will be divorcing me due to my infactuation with the lap top lol

Good game, but I have a couple of questions: *Do you gain energy if you apply restholds? Or are they only usefull to get your opponent's stamina down? *When they crowd cheers your name or boos you, does it affect your momentum? Or is it simply there to add drama to the match *When I was wrestling as T-Rex, I sometimes shrugged off the offence of his opponent without using the brace defense. Is this normal? *When the game starts loading, it disappears for a couple of seconds. Does this happen to anyone else? *Is it possible to get a dislike/hate relationship if you lose to many cardgames? Or how dos this happen? *Does the creative team sometimes give you a feud automatically or do you always have to ask for one? *I'm not quite sure if I understand how the overall energy works during a match? The value that you see, is that the overness level? And the one in background (when you click the wrestler) always starts at 100 %?

[QUOTE]*Do you gain energy if you apply restholds? Or are they only usefull to get your opponent's stamina down?[/QUOTE] - You don't regain energy this way (otherwise a match could go on forever if it was full of rest holds). [QUOTE]*When they crowd cheers your name or boos you, does it affect your momentum? Or is it simply there to add drama to the match[/QUOTE] - Just drama. [QUOTE]*When I was wrestling as T-Rex, I sometimes shrugged off the offence of his opponent without using the brace defense. Is this normal?[/QUOTE] - Yes, T-Rex has "undead selling" ability. And he's a freakin' monster. [QUOTE]*When the game starts loading, it disappears for a couple of seconds. Does this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE] - It's just when the screen changes graphics, the length of disappearence depends on the speed of your computer \ how much of your system resources are in use. [QUOTE]*Is it possible to get a dislike/hate relationship if you lose to many cardgames? Or how dos this happen?[/QUOTE] - Not for the initial friendship relationship, but you can with more important relationships. [QUOTE]*Does the creative team sometimes give you a feud automatically or do you always have to ask for one?[/QUOTE] - You have to ask. [QUOTE]*I'm not quite sure if I understand how the overall energy works during a match? The value that you see, is that the overness level? And the one in background (when you click the wrestler) always starts at 100 %?[/QUOTE] - Overall Energy is a relative value, it's based on your starting amount. That way even if one guy starts with only a quarter of the energy that his opponent does, you can compare the Overall rating to see who is actually doing better. The Current Energy is your actual energy, and so can begin very low if you're a jobber-level guy. This is the value that indicates what level of moves can be done against you.

I had a list of little things I've forgotten, but one thing is that there's still no smaller promotions in Mexico for rookies to break in with. Will it be possibl this time for a rookie luchador to get ork at home? Also, referee Chad Brent still has a 0% in refereeing.

Adam set it so that Regional promotions will be much more likely to give rookies an opportunity. You may not get hired every time, but your chances are a lot better than they have been previously. In testing, I was using a luchador rookie-to-legend, and he got in down there no problem.

Archived