I know I have seen this asked before, but I cannot find any threads on it. I have been having a lot of my wrestlers "holding back" in my matches. I had a 6 man tag where everyone in the match was holding back, which killed the match rating. Why is this happening? I just switched my product after the 6 month wait and it's only started since then, so I assume it has something to do with that?

I know I have seen this asked before, but I cannot find any threads on it. I have been having a lot of my wrestlers "holding back" in my matches. I had a 6 man tag where everyone in the match was holding back, which killed the match rating. Why is this happening? I just switched my product after the 6 month wait and it's only started since then, so I assume it has something to do with that?

Unless they have the Dynamo attribute, most wrestlers will hold back in less important matches. (So if you’re running PPVs they’ll hold back on TV shows, for example.)

I feel like that would make sense if they had the canny operator attribute. It's just weird because my wrestlers weren't holding back very much before I changed my product, but all of a sudden it happens every match now. Is it a guaranteed thing to happen, or just a chance like inconsistency?

According to the Help Guide, wrestlers will "hold back" if they are talented enough to still get a "good" rating for the level of the match. The example is 'elite' workers, working touring matches, which are not expected to be that good.

Also, any time you use a match focus like Storytelling or Calm the Crowd, you should expect them to hold back because the match is not meant to be a barn-burner.