OMG 12x3 rounds

• 2 weeks later...

I love making my own fictional universes & saves in this game and I might do a kick-boxing modified MMA. Where you can perform takedowns to do submissions and that is about it. But the custom fighters I make will all most likely be tailored around kick boxers and strikers.

8x3 regular

10x3 non title main

12x3 title main

10 count after knockdown. all that stuff!

Where you can perform takedowns to do submissions and that is about it.

So what's missing then? The clinch game? I feel it's not really that annoying or unrealistic. It does stall the action, but it can be avoided with the "hates to clinch" attribute. The type of fighter that generally resorts to this tactic is very specific, though I guess the tactic can always pop up in random matchups.

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2021 at 4:36 AM, Blackman said:

Can't imagine getting this excited over this, but good for you. :p

I thought boxing was 10 rounds. :o

I do sometimes use the 10x3 format and I can definitely imagine using 12x3. Obviously the amount of finishes will be significantly higher than with 10x3.

If you want some information from my 20+ year save, the Organization that I created for the Ai to run has six three-minute rounds and nine three-minute rounds for title fights. They have won the company of the year award 13 times. The fans go ABSOLUTELY BONKERS for the bigger number of rounds, I look at their cards and all their fights are either Great or Excellent, EVERY SINGLE ONE, fighters that I released that never put on a fight better than "decent" going over there and putting on the best rated fights of their careers. Also, just because you wouldn't be excited for something doesn't mean other people wouldn't. The ability to choose the rounds is one of my favorite aspects of the game, if it wasn't an option every company would basically be the same and it would be lame as hell.

• Like 1

True. I think it also has to do with there being more rounds, so more "end of rounds", which are more exciting to fans. Not sure, but because of the shorter lenght fighters spend more time in that "end of round" state which results in modified judging and (probably) an excitement modifier.