Momentum Disappearing?

Maybe I haven't quite grasped the notion of Momentum yet, but I had full momentum, had 2 finishers blocked in a row, and then lost momentum almost instantly ... and ended up losing the match because I couldn't get the momentum back! Is this a glitch, or is there something I'm doing/not doing? To clarify, my opponent had low momentum when they blocked the finishers.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Did they do anything to you after the block, such as hit a move?[/QUOTE] Not until after the second blocked finisher, they started on a many move flurry ... what I don't get is that they were nearly empty for momentum, in Danger, and all of a sudden became Superman ... which was a problem in the first WreSpi too ... the AI always seemed to "hulk up" ...

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]OK, so the momentum didn't just disappear, what you meant was that he went on a surge and built his up very quickly?[/QUOTE] Well yes and no ... going on a surge and building his up quickly would make sense ... I mean that I went from Full Momentum to Very Low within about three low to medium moves ... and forget blocking or countering anything either ... nothing seemed to work ... even the stuff that should have (bracing before a punch, etc.) with the Momentum I had.

Well, that's not too unusual - it really depends on the moves he used. Five moves taking off 3 points of momentum each would have the effect that you described. BTW bracing doesn't work every single time (otherwise it'd be virtually impossible to beat a bigger stronger wrestler).

I realize that it won't work every time ... I just thought that it seemed that it takes forever to build up to a decent momentum, to lose it so quickly seemed uneven. Especially when the AI doesn't seem to have any trouble quickly building momentum.

Archived